Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,966 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:59 PM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (204163 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 9:46am On Jan 14, 2009
jossybless:

@ All well in my own situation having loaded it, I allowed it for some time even apply 6969 (twice) nothing came up jsc+1+2+3 all remained $$$$$$$$$ or can I try back later today but as you said it works, is that taken. If it works for can you send me how u did it or giv me a call 08058000160 Abuja.

YOU HONESTLY THINK THAT I WILL CALL YOU. WHEN YOU ARE THE ONE THAT NEEDS HELP??

Anyway, what decoder are you using? and when was the last time you patched it?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jossybless(m): 10:05am On Jan 14, 2009
Am sorry I dont intend that you call me ok let me know have your gsm no, i used 4663X strong am waiting for your inputs or send to my email joadekunle@yahoo.com if we can chat on yahoo better am online now . thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by debolay: 10:31am On Jan 14, 2009
@olofofo
please can you forward the patch to my email address bolaolofinyo@yahoo.co.uk i downloaded the patch from the anaimgr.com site yesterday but on getting home the file was empty. my decoder is the 4653x series
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sammu(m): 11:19am On Jan 14, 2009
@ALL INTELSAT 7/10 KU
mytv africa can be opened with 6969. Enjoy while it last
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 14, 2009
@ sammu,
kindly explain better with what you are saying. What kind of decoder are u using? tell the house. and has anyone try that out yet?
am waiting for responses

@ baba-egun,
thanks so much for that call, really appreciate it

@ jobless abi na jossybless,
those decoders belong to nola, i just have one out of it, echolink, 2-eurostar, starsat, and strong. One of the eurostar belong to me. My fellow students can never fish me out, though am well known because of my glasses, but i look very serious hence deceiving. It's only those very close to me that know that am full of mischiefs. If I should reveal my surname here, i guess it wont take them long before they fish me out.

@ olofofo,
how you doing? keep it going am enjoying you.

@ obnelly,
so thats how life is, you've forgotten us all here and turn someone who cant even help you to hold a simple LNB, abi no be so? am waiting for you here sha?

@ OLA,
so you've also confirmed the GBEMU without getting back to me, abi?

@ badaru/toxnaija/mide/enigma/fmarshal/GeorgeD/pitodenz/twinstaiye
how una all dey oooo?

where is jujuphysicst?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 14, 2009
@ justx24,
for thse asking for how motorisation of dishes can be done, can you kindly post the link on that manual you brought to lagos then, that will really go a long a way in helping these guys out here.

@ bodejohn,
so you are finally settling for PAN dish? thats good, just tell mama onaolapo that she should be ready for a competitor in the house ooo, no more helping with changing of diapers(abi u never start to dey do am?) when MBC action, 2, 4 are showing good movies.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Gangsta101(m): 1:34pm On Jan 14, 2009
Olofofo et al,

I can confirm that the JSC patch works on the new strong (downloaded from persiangig.com), after 6969, u leave it on each of the jsc channels for a while until each one opens (remember each one requires a different key), then you are good to go.

On the same note, i tried accessing the keys so i could copy them out and apply them to my echolink, but i could nt find the ccw keys, only irdeto 2 keys. i wonder which ones are the right keys for jsc sports. on a similar note, has anyone with echolink/AB card noticed that if u press the info button, it brings out some parameters of the channel including the keys and u can see them as they change every minute, so i it makes one wonder, when we have a set of keys that open showtime for like a week, is it that they have a prob with their key changing stuff or what? i forgot to check for the keys for disney/bloomberg whether they also remain constant or change like everyother one of the showtime package?

About decoders suitable for tracking

i have tracked using several decoders, 4652, 4653x, 4663x, ali a and ali c( echolink), the ALI decoders are the worst because you have massive alterations in signal levels so u have to use a lot of assumptions, the strong receivers on the other hand are probably the best because like someone said, they react to the minutest change in signal levels within miliseconds so are good for tracking distant birds. but the 4652 has a slight advantage over the others in that you can use both the signal level and quality, so u actually know when u are getting close to the signal, unlike the 53 and 63 x versions which have a persistently high signal level( or is it quality? i can neva remember, i just know its the one on top ).

Adewest,

i might need to talk to u soon since u have experience in motorising dishes in maiduguri, i met an installer yesterday who swore i couldn't motorize my dish cos it's the fixed dish type and that they wind makes motorizing dishes here a bad idea.

Enitan,

if i tell you what i'm doing here, then i would have to kill you (ha ha).
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 2:05pm On Jan 14, 2009
@Enitan
What you read in my personality on my first visit to you is intact. Do not be surprised that I raised that issue for two reasons: to crack a joke and to read the minds of some people like you. At least,my missions were achieved! Please, be informed that my "she" is living around you. A trumpet of Holy Solemnization will be blown soonest and all eyes will be living witness to it.

Well, I just prophesied yesterday that those people in your jungle will get to know you. Now,one of your so called local champions was ringing was bells. Be alert,more development will still come up.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adrusa: 2:17pm On Jan 14, 2009
The aljazeera sport +1 to +4 open after patching with the latest software. Apply the patch, 6969 twice and leave it for a minute or two. Meanwhile it will still tell you scrambled, but after some few seconds it opens. Enjoy. Strong 4663X.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olason(m): 2:30pm On Jan 14, 2009
Enitan, pls am sorry have gotten it.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jossybless(m): 2:47pm On Jan 14, 2009
''I can confirm that the JSC patch works on the new strong (downloaded from persiangig.com), after 6969, u leave it on each of the jsc channels for a while until each one opens (remember each one requires a different key), then you are good to go.''

@All Based on this post [ls can you send me the different keys though I patch my decoder 4663X b4 I can watch disney channel etc do i need to do same again? Pls I need ur inputs gurus in the house or send to my mail joadekunle@yahoo.com Got my downloads from crosat, how do u see it?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adrusa: 3:27pm On Jan 14, 2009
@jossybless

Can you update me about the disney channel. I will like to open it. I also have 4663X. Thanks E-mail; adrusa at msn.com
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by senga: 3:47pm On Jan 14, 2009
Is there an association of satellite installers in Nigeria? I need to discuss with somebody about a project that we are about to embark on a DTH that will be throughout Nigeria and we will need installers from all over the country beginning next year.
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 4:16pm On Jan 14, 2009
@Senga
Sorry to the best of my knowledge this is as good as you'll get right now. The Association is Us, The NAIRALAND FTA Family
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sammu(m): 4:34pm On Jan 14, 2009
@ sammu,
kindly explain better with what you are saying. What kind of decoder are u using? tell the house. and has anyone try that out yet?
am waiting for responses

@All
i use strong 4651x. just press 6969 twice and gbam you are there. my system has the 1.71p software. i think anyone that use 6969 to open etv should be able to open mytv africa as well.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ifende(m): 5:11pm On Jan 14, 2009
Just loaded the new patch and it works like magic, Jsc +1,2,3 and 4 opened up,
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by senga: 5:17pm On Jan 14, 2009
Hi Ecowas4All

I find The NAIRALAND FTA Family very interesting, you guys seem to spend a fortune to get FTA although it comes and goes.
What would the house like FTA, remember that nothing is for nothing in this life. Would you be interested in a watching 30 second advert before a blockbuster film if to view the film was free and uninterrupted without other adverts? This is posssible with todays technology what we need to know (apart from football) what othe programmes would be acceptable using the same method.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by SATMAN(m): 5:29pm On Jan 14, 2009
hi senga,

pls what is this DTH Operator going to offer us nigerians?,what's the name of this operator,how many channels do u intend to bring in,and what do u intend to start?,because am getting tried of watching the same low quality present operators have to offer.
there is no association of installers in nigeria,all we have are just one man installers.hope to hear from you soon
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 6:40pm On Jan 14, 2009
olofofo,
thanks for uploading the patch for 4653x.all users can get it on www.soirnet.com too.I will patch it when I get to Abeokuta on Saturday.Is the size 1.13MB after downloading?that's what i got.I am afraid of frying my system.Did you use rs232 cable or usb after extracting?I am trying my usb to serial port for the first time on Saturday.

all,
I was discussing the Strong patch with Adewest yesternight.He made me realise that the competition from Echolink is getting too hot for Strong,so they had to negotiate with the only hot provider left i.e. JSC Sports.Echolink will send them out of the market if they dont act fast.the competition is to our advantage.Do you realise that all the hot packages receiveable in Nigeria/West Africa are now hacked-SHOWTIME/ART/HOTBIRD/ORBIT/JSC SPORTS.Would they last for very long?I wish I could answer that question.

baba-egun,
thanks for the call this morning.I am very grateful.I hope to visit you in Abuja someday.I will check you out on Facebook.I have added you on the friends list.

George-D,
the problem is that I am too busy to even eat well not to talk of climbing dishes now.I took just one glass of milk all thru Saturday so when would i have the time.my installer that could also help was not available on the phone though i would have to pay him for it.the only way out is for you to come to Abeokuta on Saturday or Sunday to do it yourself.I hope you understand my plight.Do we agree on this?

F_Marshal,
thanks for the compliments.thank God you arrived safely.I am waiting for the call.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by FMarshal2(m): 7:42pm On Jan 14, 2009
Gangsta101:
F-Marshall,

i wanted to ask about you, so u were in Nigeria all this while, wish i was in lagos, would have been nice to run into u. anyways, one of these days.
hope u have a safe trip back.

I would have loved to meet more Nairalanders too. Anyway, nothing spoil. Thanks for wishing me a safe trip back.

toxnaija:

F_Marshal,
thanks for the compliments.thank God you arrived safely. I am waiting for the call.

Thanks, and I will be in touch!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by senga: 7:50pm On Jan 14, 2009
Hi Satman

Nigerians desrve a much better quality service than what they get at the moment. Nothing will be announced until everything is in place to launch, we cannot stand how things are promised and nothing happens. Just keep an eye on GTV in next week or so.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 14, 2009
@ mr gem, tell me is your madam at my jungle here? are u also serious about my colleagues trying to fish me out? that means i got to lay low as from now on.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by FMarshal2(m): 8:45pm On Jan 14, 2009
[Quote author=Enitan2002]
@ badaru/toxnaija/mide/enigma/ F_Marshal[color=#000099][/color]/GeorgeD/pitodenz/twinstaiye
how una all dey oooo?[/quote]

How u dey? How was Xmas and New year? How dem Birds nah? I hope sey u don dey catch them! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 12:27am On Jan 15, 2009
@ senga
the best installers u can get anywhere in africa re all in nairaland,theres is no association for installers cos most people take it as temporary job.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 12:55am On Jan 15, 2009
for those who love 24/7 nollywood movies why not hook up to pas710ku @ 68.5. enjoy!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 5:06am On Jan 15, 2009
@ itodenz,
do u need to patch your decoder before you can watch that channel, i guess a newly bought decoder having experiencing no patching at all should be able to open up the channel?

@ F_Marshal,
last xmas and new year has been the worst ever I've experienced, pocket was too dry, it was badaru and ola that came to my rescue. I still thank them till this very day. I heard from olofofo that you asked after me. well so good of you. we still see someday if I never die before then sha.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:54am On Jan 15, 2009
toxnaija:

George-D,
the problem is that I am too busy to even eat well not to talk of climbing dishes now.I took just one glass of milk all thru Saturday so when would i have the time.my installer that could also help was not available on the phone though i would have to pay him for it.the only way out is for you to come to Abeokuta on Saturday or Sunday to do it yourself.I hope you understand my plight.Do we agree on this?

Bros,
If you're too busy to even eat, then that is definitely a big problem. No job is too important to deprive you of your food. You have to take it easy o! As for the dish, I think I'll have to let it pass. For one, I can't come to abeokuta either on saturday or sunday as you suggested and since you can't send it down as arranged, then I think I'm out on this one. Maybe you should contact adewest-he may want to come down and help you out .
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:31am On Jan 15, 2009
@Ecowas4all,
You were asking for info on how to motorise your dish. It seems you didn't understand what olofofo suggested. There are many ways to go about it but first of all, you must assemble the dish, positioner and jack-the instructions come with the product. Then for the tracking itself, you can either use diseqc or USALS. I suggest you use USALS because that is always easier. You track the farthest bird in the east and save. Then go to the west, track the farthest bird and save. Finally, go to the top of the arc and track a bird and save. All the rest satellites will fall into place. For more info you can go to this link:

http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/tuningp4.html#anchor803822

Happy installation!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:35am On Jan 15, 2009
@enitan,
how did you install that compass on your phone? Pls let me in on it.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 15, 2009
@ george, i have electronic compass installed on my phone applet. it work based on the time settings on the phone. when launched, it asks me if am in north or south hemisphere, i choose north then it asks me if am on daylight saving time, which i answer yes. it further ask me to point the head of my phone to the sun. after that it brings out the 4 cardinal points giving exact east and west direction. simple as ABC
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 10:11am On Jan 15, 2009
@ George_D
Thanks for the inout man, I did understand the suggestion on clarke's belt extremes and maximum, however what wasn't clear was if the tracking should be done prior to adding the jack and positioner to the dish or after. I gues you are suggesting we mount everything before we begin to track anything.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 10:14am On Jan 15, 2009
@Senga,
I suppose a lot of people would agree with me that watching a 30 second advert before a hot movie is better compared to the Indian movies that abound on W3A

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.