Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,616 members, 7,847,577 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:14 PM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203800 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 7:12pm On Feb 22, 2009
biggjoe:

@ All,
Before we turn this thread into a football one, lets cut down on the football posts, please.

@ olofofo,
Am I qualified for the G group?

oga founder, Football is FTA and FTA is football, no mind us ojare, na our emotions dey run wild. I don warn ugo say nothing for chelsea, him no dey hear!

Welcome to the group Sir.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 7:52pm On Feb 22, 2009
@ all
Before you know it, this thread will be turn into football rivalry, and I dont want it that way. We should shelve our football rivalry to sports section. Having said that, I am not saying no mention of football rivalry, but our post should not be based solely on that. For instance, a whole post by me centering on a particular football club is unacceptable, but a mere mention may not be a bad idea, that is if we cant resist the temptation of mentioning it. I am inclined to delete post that go offtopic henceforth.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 10:00pm On Feb 22, 2009
@Gangsta
Good job on tracking nss7 W3a and W4. You need to now pick PAS7/10. Do you have a C Band LNB?
If you do try to track 4090 if you have X series that frequency should be loaded already else you pick it from lyngsat.
Once that is done mark your position with chalk for every satellite you get and strike a mid-point between all the markings at which point you tighten all your bolts.
The jack goes up and down so you should install the jack with your dish pointing 68.5 E . use a chair , table or something to hold the dish there while you fix the jack.
subsequently just shift the jack up and down on the right frequencies and you should be good to go.
Regards
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ugoc1: 10:47pm On Feb 22, 2009
am really sorry for given a whole post to my dear chelsea. plz i can only do it once in a while.
may be on wednesday evening. if not for FTA, people like me can neva watch EPL
in the comfort of my home. i posted it because it is a gift that FTA gave me, OLOFOFO many others in the house. I LOVE FTA
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 11:03pm On Feb 22, 2009
all,
I still couldnt get the usb-serial port to work for my transfers even after following Ifende/baba egun's expert advice.The same problem I am having with my ART on echolink.It has been off since the last three software updates.what could be wrong as the other packages come up immediately my receiver comes on?any suggestions.
Lagos Nilesat enthusiasts,
I saw a very good and old 4m fibre dish lying fallow at LSDPC Estate,Ogba/Pen Cinema area.my friend is a neighbour to the owner.She promised to negotiate with the owner as soon as there is a serious and ready buyer.the ball is in ur court.

George,
I have downloaded the satfinder but I have been trying to get u on the 0807 fone for installation guide as I couldnt do it properly.Pls holla me when you get back from ur hibernation.

Adewest,
no comment please.lost two wonderful friends in 4days.one died Thursday,the other 12.30am today at OSUTH Sagamu,buried 4pm in Ago-Iwoye.I am too heartbroken/devastated for that remark.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by maddoxoj(m): 11:18pm On Feb 22, 2009
sammu:

@All, i tracked w6 in lagos yesterday morning freq 11653 has 56% signal strength and was stable thru out the day. But what surprised me was that RDV that just moved there has 94% signal strength. By lyngsatmap lagos and its environs are supposed to be fringe reception  areas. As it has been said on the forum before lyngsat maps may not be accurate afterall. I think one should freq of any beam that stray into Naija

Even Mr. Christian Lyngermark (Lyngsat) himself would tell you that the EIRPs reported are "official" i.e. as stated by the owners of these signals, so don't blame him. Usually, when I send updates to him, he'd contact the owners who'd then give him EIRP figures. Sometimes the owners of signals try to understate signal strength and reach to shake-off freebooters like all of us FTA forum members (especially when they're FTA signals). Other times they do so for territorial regulation purposes so as to appear to be receivable in some territories only, when they actually go much further. The moral of the story is to try your luck on any bird you fancy, especially if the signal is within your Horizon and especially if rated for anywhere in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region. Even the American beams can "stray in" too.

@All
If you're having booting problems with any Strong Srt 46** STB, try downloading and loading this software on your receiver through RS-232 cable and see if it can solve your problem. I've not tried it, but I guess it might be of help to people who have the problem. you would have to register to be able to download the file. The URL is http://www.sat-television.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45551&d=1194781554

Anyone who tries can always post a feedback to let us know what happened.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by maddoxoj(m): 12:02am On Feb 23, 2009
[/quote][quote author=biggjoe link=topic=182209.msg3500193#msg3500193 date=1235324545]
@ olofofo,
Am I qualified for the G group? 

Biggjoe, sorry to inform you that you're not qualified for the Google group membership. Pls go and join the NOVICE group. Who be this Biggjoe sef? Is he known on this forum or is he a new member?? I suspect he's a HiTV spy.
tongue grin cheesy JUST JOKING!!!!!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 4:47am On Feb 23, 2009
@Maddoxoj>> This your signature na wao. Well, whoever speaks a language should be the one to interprete it because communication is never completed until its receiver(s) is(are) able to decode it. Please, can you explain better?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sammu(m): 6:39am On Feb 23, 2009
@ maddoxoj >your response to my post is quite informative. I will try my hands on some sats using 90cm dish. Thank you. God bless
@all> HAVE A BLESSED WEEK AHEAD
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sammu(m): 6:56am On Feb 23, 2009
@enigma, badaru1, adewest, and all the gurus on KEYS> i got a key for a channel on w6 and imputing it into my 4653x stb the channel opened but only audio came up no video. PLEASE HELP
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 8:36am On Feb 23, 2009
@ sammu - u based in ph, kindly sent me the freq of the channel u got in w6. @ all - back from jungle, zain update coming soon, if u need yahoo messenger go to m.yahoo.com and log to messenger there. Good for mobile.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 9:48am On Feb 23, 2009
@sammu,

That key is for audio only.Take a close look at it and it was stated clearly the key is for audio only.

Pitodenz

I'm still waiting for your response on the tp and sr for the crtv on eurobird.Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 9:49am On Feb 23, 2009
@sammu,
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sammu(m): 10:07am On Feb 23, 2009
@Pitodenz
i tracked W6 in Lagos not PH

@Captainus
Thanks for pointing that out.PLEASE do you have the KEY that works for the VIDEO? If yes, kindly send to my mail sam2001ng@yahoo.com as keys are not allowed on the forum

@ekonibaje
I want to say thank you for the call
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ugoc1: 10:29am On Feb 23, 2009
plz i need keys that can open any station on w6. i will appreciate it
sammu:

@enigma, badaru1, adewest, and all the gurus on KEYS> i got a key for a channel on w6 and imputing it into my 4653x stb the channel opened but only audio came up no video. PLEASE HELP
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 10:33am On Feb 23, 2009
Sammu is ok.   @ capitanus - 12600v/3255
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 10:43am On Feb 23, 2009
@Pitodenz>> May The Lord not let this freebies kill us as we are alway jam both on free IM @ 24/7 real time.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by xwallace(m): 11:33am On Feb 23, 2009
pls can someone tell me @tox,adewest,olofofo, where exactly the position of sirius 4, is its position on the same side with that of eutelsatw3a.Olofofo thanks very much on ur replied over my last post.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 12:31pm On Feb 23, 2009
xwallace:

pls can someone tell me @tox,adewest,olofofo, where exactly the position of sirius 4, is its position on the same side with that of eutelsatw3a.Olofofo thanks very much on ur replied over my last post.

I believe that sirius is at 4.8E.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:35pm On Feb 23, 2009
@xwallace,
Sirius 4 is next to eutelsat w3a. While sirius 4 is at 4.8E,
w3a is at 7E. And yes they are on the same side.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:44pm On Feb 23, 2009
All,
Here's a question on motorising dishes: Is there any particular reason why we are
still using diseqc 1.2 and external positioners with our jacks (actuators)  when we
can simply use the inbuilt positioner (USALS) in our recievers to move our dishes?
Looks like most of us don't realise that with USALS, you don't have to buy an
external positioner to store your channels one by one over a two week period.
Just a thought, though. Maybe someone needs to throw more light on this?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:09pm On Feb 23, 2009
George,
I have downloaded the satfinder but I have been trying to get u on the 0807 fone for installation guide as I couldnt do it properly.Pls holla me when you get back from ur hibernation.

@toxnaija,
The installation is quite simple. Just unzip the software into another folder, open the exe file and go through the process. When you have finished installing it, copy the licensed version from the folder named 'crack'. Then go to your program files. Navigate to the 'mixesoft' folder and replace the original exe file with the one you copied from the crack folder. After that close and enjoy! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 1:51pm On Feb 23, 2009
HOT NEWS: Dr. Olusegun Mimiko of LP has been declared as the new Governor of Ondo State, Nigeria. Swearing-in Ceremony is holding asap. Victory at last! Enigma & other 'The Laws' in the house, my regards to the Judiciary. Iroko jooooo, Gbasibeeee,
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 6:52pm On Feb 23, 2009
George_D:

All,
Here's a question on motorising dishes: Is there any particular reason why we are
still using diseqc 1.2 and external positioners with our jacks (actuators)  when we
can simply use the inbuilt positioner (USALS) in our recievers to move our dishes?

It is a very good observation. But I wonder how many receivers have got the USALS facility.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by adrusa: 6:53pm On Feb 23, 2009
Good for Agagu and his do-or-die godfather, GOOD RIDDANCE TO VERY BAD RUBBISH.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 6:58pm On Feb 23, 2009
@ George D - is not a matter of having the software inside but whether it has the hardware, i dont think there's any provision for the positioner inside our usual strong receiver. But i use to see it in analog satellite receivers.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:11pm On Feb 23, 2009
@pitodenz,
If it has the USALS software, then it will have a way of connecting it to the hardware.
Just check the back of your STRONG reciever. The same way you connect to your
external positioner is the same way you connect to the actuator directly. You can
then control the jack from your reciever with the USALS menu without the external
positioner. Just have a check and you'll see what I mean.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by maddoxoj(m): 10:53pm On Feb 23, 2009
George_D:

All,

salamander:

It is a very good observation. But I wonder how many receivers have got the USALS facility.

ou rece
Let me see how I can break this down, , OK! The DiseqC 1 switch you use to connect multiple dishes to one receiver is the progenitor of the USALS positioner. Eutelsat developed the DiseqC 1.2 as an improvement to the DiseqC 1 by enabling a software in your receiver to move one dish to different orbital positions rather than just switch ports between different dishes. However, you will need to tweak and manually position each positon and then save them for the DiseqC motor to remember. After that, when you select each sat position the dish would automatically move to that position. However, some smart bobos like Adewest improved on the technology by upgrading it to a Universal Satellite Auto Location System (USALS). The USALS just requires you to manually track the dish to any giVen satellite, then you enter the orbital co-ordinates of the satellite, next you enter the co-ordinates of your location or city (there are provisions for doing this on any USALS enabled receiver). When that is done the USALS motor would automatically locate any other satellite for you. You don't need to manually configure or key-in their positions. The USALS motor would do all the math for you (and the hard part of nailing the bird). Some USALS motors can go H-H (Horizon to Horizon - East to West) or 90 degrees maximum angle. The sweet thing about it is that you only need the coaxial cable that goes into your Antenna In port at the back of your receiver to connect to a USALS positioner. The cable first goes into the motor-base and from there to the Lnbf, chikena! Almost all modern receivers are USALS capable (including Strong and the other easily available receivers).

That was the good news. Now the not-so-good news. USALS positioners don't come cheap. You can Google their prices. And it gets worse. USALS motors cannot drive any dish larger than 1.2 m!!!! So you're stuck to using only KU band dishes on them, no C Band as they require at least 1.5m and larger dishes. When you check the price and the limits of KU reception in these parts you'll concur with me that it's not worth it. That's why it's not hot in this parts but makes a good buy in Europe. Let's keep our fingers crossed to see if some smart Alec can develop a USALS system fro Larger dishes. I hope thus was of some heip.

@ Mr. Gem
You want translation, nde?  If you know how much money (and hard work) I put into learning Latin you would down like say dem pour you ice water. Anyway, I fit still teach you. Just arrange one Echolink receiver and Abracadabra card as you tuition fee and bring them down to me in Abuja then I might consider teaching you. Well, one interesting thing about the phrase is that it is a palindrome. Simply put it reads the same when you arrange it backwards, in a circle or square form check this:

ROTAS
OPERA
TENET
AREPO
SATOR

cheesy cool shocked tongue lol.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by maddoxoj(m): 11:13pm On Feb 23, 2009
I might just add that USALS is also referred to as Diseqc 1.3 but Eutelsat the Patent holders to the DiseqC technology object seriously to it as they still believe USALS is actually an unauthorised adaptation of their patent.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by whimsical(m): 5:09am On Feb 24, 2009
Can I use the Hitv branded decoder for FTA?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by whimsical(m): 5:47am On Feb 24, 2009
@all,
How can I buy a satfinder, Dish 90cm, Lnb, Receiver? Any place close to Umuahia will be better and kindly tell me the best ones to buy and their prices.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by NashFTA(m): 8:42am On Feb 24, 2009
@All,
You may learn more about USALS motors and Installation here:_http://www.usals.info/inglese/home.htm_. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.