Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,192 members, 7,860,266 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:38 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (204152 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 5:27pm On Feb 19, 2009
enitan2002:

i've pickd a date for my nile installation and its just 2days after my birthday, and my birthday which coincides with the centenary post-humus birthday of the greatest man in d yoruba race after oduduwa. for those that have the brains shld work that out.

Enitan, so you are one of us! My own birthday is a day before yours. cool

@ toxnaija

I will be in Naija last weekend in March.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 6:33pm On Feb 19, 2009
@Maddoxoj>> I am sorry for that missed call and my in-ability to have acknowledged it. Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY & many happy return. I will send a private congratulatory message to your phone after this time out. Enitan>> What is the matter with my submissions on FOI bill? Toxnaija>> I have not used USB-RS232 cable but I believe it should work as practicalised by ifende. On the other hand, technology has gone far beyond the need of a RS232 cable before transfering patch firmwares into a decoder and that answered the question for the need of the X-series STBs. With these devices, you can upload your patches as easy as possible. Pitodenz>> I trust you sir. You have never let me down. I wish you journey mercies. Please, I will still renew that call because of its importance. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 7:07pm On Feb 19, 2009
@ Mr Gem - ftb go kill u ooh. Try to cal this midnight. Oga twinstaye, ftb don dey increase our pages everyday,abeg do something about this, cos we cant stop using those cheat.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 9:59pm On Feb 19, 2009
@Enigma
Can u let the house know the details of the african beam on 28E

Thanks

captainus

Check this link: http://www.ses-astra.com/business/en/satellite-fleet/satellite-list/astra2b/index.php
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 10:54pm On Feb 19, 2009
@ Enitan

Ah Ah Ah wait a minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I somehow miscalculated from your original post!

Are you also a 6th March person?? ?? ?? ?? That means we share the same birthday! Encroyable; I don't find many people of that date.

However, check these ones out:

Michelangelo

Valentina Tereshkova

Plus Baba Awo as you mentioned, Mrs Ayo Vaughan-Richards in Nigeria and etc

Not bad company, eh?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 11:52pm On Feb 19, 2009
@enitan

i have asked a friend to help me ensure you get the stuff tommorow. finding WEMA bank na serious assignment for here. i added 50% untop for you.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 6:36am On Feb 20, 2009
@ CaptainUS,
Someone mentioned using a different LNB. I wonder.
I tried your installation option by removing my scalar and replacing it with a tri-ring adaptation.
Outcome: The same thing you complained about. CNN at about 45% while France 24 etc are around 80% signal strength.
In my opinion the scalar matters. I will be returning the scalar today and will feedback on the outcome even though i already imagine CNN would return to its 66% signal strength.
Another thing i noted was the LNB holder must not be straight. The bottom LNB for PAS7/10 should move slightly so as to form almost a C figure with the KU and the the other C Band LNB.
I have no scientific explanation for this. It is simply an observation i made after numerous trips to my dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ekonibaje(m): 6:59am On Feb 20, 2009
My guy enitan,hw is ur body,pls i need 2 extend my appreciate ,and warm love .as u about adding another year,pls a note of warng,pls remember d fish,pls as per any menu,no fish,mr brother enigma,toxnaija,adewest.olofofo,hw na dey?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:48am On Feb 20, 2009
@ecowas4all,
The scalar construction is not an exact science but I'm thinking you will need a helping hand
from someone like adewest. He constructs his triple anchor LNB holder by himself and he
should be able to tell you how to go about it.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 10:54am On Feb 20, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
We're still waiting for the panorama stuff at the G-group.

@Pito,
What about the zain working fbt you promised to upload?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:07am On Feb 20, 2009
where are you-badaru1,arsene,onye-ngbu,bigg joe,vickoy,etc.If you are interested in live basketball,music and the highly educative Weakest Link,then hook up to Orbit where you can pick NBA TV,TRACE,and BBC PRIME,etc.In the Lagos area,you will need a minimum of 3m dish.Sincerely,this fta thing has scattered my system as there is hardly any station I cant watch in my living room except NTA Ijebu and NTA Iyana Ipaja.I now understand why Olofofo went mad yesternight while watching Man U.that Scholes' shot was a thunderbolt,reminiscent of what he did to Enyeama when Super Eagles faced England in 2002 World Cup.
@Toxnaija,
Looks like this Orbit stuff is the next best thing to nilesat o! Count me in on the bandwagon.
Like I told you on phone, the 3m fibre will be motorised (now using the regular jack), so let's
see what comes out of it at this end.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 11:28am On Feb 20, 2009
@Enigma,

Thanks for the link.6th March is also the independence day in my country Ghana.

Ecowas4all,
thanks for the effort.I will  keep trying.My coleague at the office who aslo uses 1.8m motorised dish has just told me he's having some difficulty with his cnn,though his is not as bad as mine.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by jossybless(m): 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2009
@ All the latest software for strong 4663X series what are is it for, pls educate me to debug, ?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 1:12pm On Feb 20, 2009
@ George D - i said when i come back to my base am still in the jungle, and also get ready for glo cos glo ll soon glo ,so all get a glo line gprs activated and hold on. @ tox - which is the strongest t.p in hotbird?plz send it to me immediately cos am getting an impressive signal out here in calabar land. @ butoneday - if u ve a glo line gprs enabled, holla me. Nowhere to buy recharge card here, thank God for ftb at least i can send free sms.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by folo28(m): 3:13pm On Feb 20, 2009
At last, I have managed to catch up with all post since after the weekend ("work no let man read in good time")

@All echolink users,
I spoke to Olofofo about Showtime being inconsistent/down with the update of 17/18, Badaru confirmed it too, well as predicted the new patch is out today and available at srsupport, I hope it turns out well for the sake of EPL matches this weekend. Am about updating mine now (am really tied of having to do this in my office, due to my laptop/USB/RS232 compatibility issues, will have to get a desktop for home use).

Cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:27pm On Feb 20, 2009
@pitodenz,
Thumbs up for you. Who ever knew glo would fall so soon like this?
Now, we're waiting for etisalat. They should let us start talking on our PCs
too (for free). Not just empty talk and noise on TV grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 6:47pm On Feb 20, 2009
pitodenz,
pls forward the internet stuff to me as soon as you get out of the jungle thru toxnaija@gmail.com. on the cable you want to run from PH to Abeokuta, you will need 1000 rolls.
Hotbird 9 is moving to 13*East soon with better signals after successfully undergoing a test by Eutelsat.Many Italian fta stations are starting on hotbird in June.
check this strong tps to track hotbird-10723 H 29900,11919 v 27500.
what is happening to abracadabra software coming up almost every three days?pls pray ooo.
Is jsc+ patch still on?

George,
Ihave sent my other mail addresses for the stuff.Have a great weekend.Thanks,just got the stuff.

Ifende/baba-egun/Mr.Gem,
I will try it out when I get to Abeokuta tomorrow.I hope it works.I use the Bafo usb -serial port which I pasted on the thread.thanks for the rescue.I will give u a feedback asap.

folo28,
howdy?I hope there is an improvement on ur set up.Adewest and I concluded that ur fibre dish is actually not 3m after scrutinising my own very well.Both of us got convinced while working extensively in Abeokuta that the moulder must have swindled you to buy a 2.8m.my 3m is sort of bigger than yours,it would have picked Showsports if the dimension was right.Get in touch with Adewest and badaru for professional advice.Hotbird and Orbit will do very well on it so talk to them for motorising.I remember a member mentioned the same thing about his experience a few days ago on dish size.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by SATMAN(m): 8:03pm On Feb 20, 2009
Hi All NSS7 Viewers,

Canal Overseas adds two African channels

Canal Overseas Africa, a subsidiary of the Canal + Group, has announced the addition of two new channels on its DTH bouquet Canalsat Horizons. With immediate effect, Africa, 24 and Africable are now available across the continent.
Africa 24 is an international news channel, owned by Afrimedia, which claimes to “aim to present the true dynamic and evolving face of the African continent.” With bureaus in a number of African countries, programming is compiled and played out from a studio in Paris. The channel said it is already available on IPTV, cable and satellite in Europe, the Middle East and US. Africable is a general entertainment channel.
Both Africa 24 and Africable are accessible to all subscribers of Canal Horizons. Africa 24 will be transmitted free-to-air and Africable encrypted.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 8:23pm On Feb 20, 2009
@ tox - crtv is a ghananian channel beam to 30.5 degree the same with arabsat 2b where aljazeera channels are. I nearly pick the signal quality here 100% , 97% is wot i got. Visit the group for the glo update. Thanks for the freq i try them out.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 8:34pm On Feb 20, 2009
@ enitan
Shoo!!!!! so its OR was it enitan B/D? HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABA!!!!!!!!, me self like FISH OOO, so tell me where to catch up with it
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:48pm On Feb 20, 2009
fxproff:

@ enitan
Shoo!!!!! so its OR was it enitan B/D? HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABA!!!!!!!!, me self like FISH OOO, so tell me where to catch up with it

Enitan' birthday where in the world did you get that?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sammu(m): 8:51pm On Feb 20, 2009
@all
sometime ago, there was this talk about 90cm dish motor on the forum, with the increasing number of satellites available on ku dishes and some members not been able to upgrade to bigger dishes due to several constraints, motorizing ku dishes wont be a bad idea. Gurus in the house Pls HELP on how to source and install motor on ku dishes too.
Olofofo, pito. Badaru, adewest over to you Oooo
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 20, 2009
@ oga olofofo, i don c ur work, i tried calling in d afternoon, ur phone dey off, thanks greatly 4 d bonus, wey tox dey make ihn kom c wetin olofofo do 4 me ooo. @ pit, u're revealin some of my backup options, take time. let one method remain completely closed b4 u open others. glo no dey slack ooo, it was 10.100.82.4:3128 dat was opend b4 it got blocked. let us still remain with zain 4 now. hurling of stones will rain on me now.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 10:01pm On Feb 20, 2009
@all FTB enthisiasts/awoof majors

Please try find a way arround the multiple posts. Moderator go ban una oooooo.

@enitan

no lele!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 10:27pm On Feb 20, 2009
All rdv has now moved to w6 but still scrambled. 11603 h 1948.i hope it is not going to affect our 2m in anyway
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 12:10am On Feb 21, 2009
@Sammu,
Motorisation same principle as with big dish. Find far east satellite. Find far west satellite and strike a balance between the two positions chalked on your installation mast. Install your Jack and you are ready to go.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sammu(m): 12:33am On Feb 21, 2009
@ecowas4all
Thanks very much. Are suggesting that it is possible to motorize ku dishes the same way big dishes are using a jack?
Your response is appreciated
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 6:28am On Feb 21, 2009
@CaptainUS
just as i thought, returning my scalar has increased my CNN signal to the 66-67% i mentioned earlier.
Cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 6:53am On Feb 21, 2009
@sammu

there ae motors for motorizing smaller dishes, but the nigerian market i not really favourable to it. a dealer brought it in a while back but it was not too successfull. i will help you make enquiries if it's still in the marrket. problem then was it was a bit expensive.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 6:54am On Feb 21, 2009
@Sammu,
Sorry I couldn't reply earlier though my status read online i was fast asleep. Yes In deed similar:
Take a look at this :

http://www.ftavideos.com/videos/fta_fortec_stab_installation.html or

http://www.ftavideos.com/videos/fta_dish_assembly.html

Happy installation and do tell us if you locate that KU Band motor
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 7:14am On Feb 21, 2009
@ tox - my mistake, i got crtv the same position with aljazeera channels @ 30.5' but the c-band lnb if on top the ku, meaning that crtv is beam @ 25.5 ie.eurobird 1(if am right), not 28.5' astra because the distance is more than 2' . @ enitan - that depend on number of people olofofo register to the group but let the good guys here enjoy the stock while it last. Backup or no backup they ll still block it even if u alone is using it.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 7:21am On Feb 21, 2009
@ olofofo - i think we ll start using the Rate sign in the group, this ll bring out fun and make people post out their findings in order to be rated very high. So guys if my new glo ftb work for u ,plz rate my post!

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.