Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,589 members, 7,847,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:47 PM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203797 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by BUTONEDAY(m): 10:24am On Feb 18, 2009
@ George D,
You can reach the heavy duty jack dealer on the following numbers.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 11:08am On Feb 18, 2009
@fxproff

On which bird(s) and what frequencies are those tv1 and tv2?

@Enigma
Can u let the house know the details of the african beam on 28E

Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 11:27am On Feb 18, 2009
Adewest did i hear you get showsport at ijebu ode on 2.4m?That is a good news mine is sagamu so i think if its possible.i should able to get it here in my small world as well.

ART is back ,no problem on showtime .
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:32am On Feb 18, 2009
@all
fast satellite finder software is here:
h**p://www.4shared.com/file/64887184/ec587ad2/Fast_Sat_finder.html

enjoy
@fasone,
You could do better by sending the software to members'  mailboxes or uploading
it in the G-group site (the more, the merrier grin )
Or better still, come up with one that beats this. Let's not try to re-invent the wheel.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:38am On Feb 18, 2009
@ oga moderator
I am still awaiting approval from the G-group o, i hope i am qualified to be approved, abeg so i will be able to acess the group too, as Mr George is warning
@fxproff,
Relax. The software is here to stay. I was only peeved by people rushing to register because of
what they think they can gain from the group. As long as you keep making useful contributions,
you don't have any problem.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:47am On Feb 18, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
Thanks. I have called the man and he's asking for the same price as yours.
The problem will be the transport. He says they don't do way bill for small
buses outside Alaba except trucks. I will call you to discuss available
options.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by xwallace(m): 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2009
I'm saluting all the gurus in the house and also saying well done.@Adewest,gangster101 pls could u tell me channels (Freq and sr of d sat tv) one Can get using 1.8m c-band dish .I Lives at Nsukka
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fasone(m): 2:09pm On Feb 18, 2009
@all

read about Satellite Antenna Alignment software here:
_h**p://www.al-soft.com/saa/satinfo.shtml

if you like it, download your free copy from here:
_h**p://www.al-soft.com/saa/saa.exe

Quoting Oga George_D above, "the more, the merrier".

Happy, Hassleless Tracking
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 3:01pm On Feb 18, 2009
captainus
MBC 2 and RODRIGUES are on w3a
and TP 11.190(h)

FQ: 258 F
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by salamander(m): 3:28pm On Feb 18, 2009
fxproff:

captainus
MBC 2 and RODRIGUES are on w3a
and TP 11.190(h)

FQ: 258 F

I believe the correct info is:
Sat: W3A @ 7 Deg East
TP: 11190
Pol: H
Freq: 3210

And if I'm not confused, Captainus is asking about the frequency of TV1 and TV2 (or is it STV1 and STV2)
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by sammu(m): 6:52pm On Feb 18, 2009
@madoxoj, happy birthday to you ooOooo
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by olofofo(m): 8:53pm On Feb 18, 2009
@all

those with issues with showtime should load the new update released today.

ManU wan killi me ooooo, see shot! Okare scholes , UNITED T.I.D, Wey chelsea?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 9:24pm On Feb 18, 2009
Enigma,
I dont know what to say on the CRTV but I am quite sure both Adewest and I couldnt have been confused.We picked it on Astra/Eurobird1 where we got ITV Quad with four screen boxes,SKY NEWS,Community Channel,SKY Perk promo,etc.Even,Mide2008 in Ilesha picked it with a signal strength of 52% on 2.4m mesh yesterday.I have just checked lyngsat.com and found the other stations except the new CRTV.I believe it has not been updated.We also picked some SKY Italia stations such as SKY INSIDE on Hotbird.

Obnelly,
I thought of u when the Ijebu showsports juju was revealed.i think with proper allignment,ur showsports will spring out in Sagamu if it was really picked in Ijebu-Ode.I still doubt it anyway.Pls talk to Adewest.He is likely to get back to ur axis soon.

George-D,
thanks for the call this morning.

Fasone,
howdy?regards to the family.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 10:19pm On Feb 18, 2009
@CaptainUS
Sorry I couldn't reply earlier, Don't blame me, blame my boss i often feel he ran away from a mental home, he works me out like his life depended on it.
Anyways here's to your question:

@Ecowas4all,

I get TVAFrica(98% quality), Viasat(72% quality) but despite series of tweaking my cnn,france 24etc are still down on nss7 c band.Any more suggestion?

CNN is on 3931 H SR 25000 My quality is 66%

I think if you still have problems you could check your focal length. I notice significant deterioration if the focal length is not correct.
Guess what? i bought a 2.4 mesh dish from this Arab vendor and when i measured the diameter it was 2.3!!!! Don't rely on what people tell you test it yourself.

Another perhaps very important point is that i notice that when people try to combine 2 C band LNBs (the di-electric thing) they tend to do away with the scalar. In my experience the scalar ring greatly enhances signal. In my current double C band LNB configuration my two scalar rings are still in place.

Please investigate these suggestions and report back to the thread.

@Salamander whats your take on this?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Ecowas4All(m): 10:24pm On Feb 18, 2009
Someone on this forum warned me about the combined KU/C LNB.
I acknowledged the post but decided to try my hands on it first. Well i am officially informing the thread today that I will cut off the KU part of the LNB and throw it into the Atlantic ocean.
Would anyone believe that when i am tracking with a short LNB to Receiver cable outside just by the dish i get both KU and C signals, however as soon as i route signals through my home installation to the receiver in my living room the KU signal waves goodbye!!!.
I will install a regular KU LNB tomorrow.
George_D i greet you.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 10:29pm On Feb 18, 2009
toxnaija

Don't sweat it; the CRTV is probably bleeding over from 25.5e; I am sure this is not simply a case of lyngsat not being updated; 28e only uses SRs 22000 and 27500 as I said (subject to the exceptions I mentioned previously).

Here in the UK, we get the exact reverse because 28e is soo strong while 26e is weak. We are very keen to get some channels on 26e but sometimes when we think we have got 26e, the channels we will be getting will in fact be from 28e. A similar position exists with 7w and 8w; while 8w is very easy to get, 7w is extremely difficult; again, sometimes when we think we have got 7w, the channels that we will see are actually from 8w.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by MrGem(m): 4:06am On Feb 19, 2009
@all>> We have to collectively support the Freedom of Information (FOI) bill before the Nigeria's National Assembly, even with the inclusion of Free Browsing. Imagine this senario: I was surfing the net last week and I got to know about an uncensorship web browser (name with-held). This package is only free for people within the territories of China and people outside this country will have to pay for it. How dear it would have been if we have such kind of opportunity in our environment?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 5:58am On Feb 19, 2009
Mr gem, na u? i think say na karibi again, i wan lash out again be dat ooo. but by d way take yur time. @ badaru/ola, try get across to me, i've pickd a date for my nile installation and its just 2days after my birthday, and my birthday which coincides with the centenary post-humus birthday of the greatest man in d yoruba race after oduduwa. for those that have the brains shld work that out. ola, i'm dead broke so i cant make dat call and i also nid u to giv me some infos. @ olofofo, if truly u've been dealing with me with an open mind, go that extra length for me b4 d week runs out or u go just see my obituary on all of d showtime and art channels ooo.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 6:21am On Feb 19, 2009
@ ola, to make matter simple, kindly get across to dat installer girlfrend of urs at oshodi if she can give u a faulty strong decoder circuit panel esp d one that blinks and goes dead. make she dash u ooo, dnt pay her money ooo but u can pay her in kind sha dat one no concern me. i nid dat panel badly, all i just need is to repatch it, u don get d gist? try reach kamal also and find d latest negotiated price for 2.4m pan and i no get pass 2k 4 assembling ooo. and the price of d 2.4m shld kom wit free transportation to my end. that decoder panel shld be 4653x ooo, na only 3 people i fit dey send message like this for d forum ooo, d other 2 know themselves.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 6:56am On Feb 19, 2009
@ olofofo, i still nid u to be strict with the G-group, if am suppose to be in charge,i go dey yank people off anyhow and anytime. some guys just come here and put up a testimony post and d next thing is asking of joining d google, to do what? if u've ever joined a cult group, u'll agree wit me dat its not all members that have equal rights, they have a caste system in place. ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ARE MORE THAN THE OTHERS. and this fta thread is more like a cult, believe it or not. there're so many tins to be used, like checking the profile to see d section d user frequent most, some na d romance and toto dem dey, another tin is how stable are they, number of posts, how educative their posts are. the list is endless. am sure criticism will come after me. olofofo/twinstaiye create a fta group on facebook, so we get to extend closer ties to people like george,butoneday,pit,sammu,obnelly etc. oga badaru, thanks 4 dat morning call, ola na yur turn oo.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fxproff(m): 7:41am On Feb 19, 2009
@ george D
Thank u Sir!!!! smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 9:01am On Feb 19, 2009
New strong software (bug free) for 4661x - 4668x now out.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 9:43am On Feb 19, 2009
Enitan,
na now i finally believe u don spoil patapata.wetin u dey look for in scraps.so u don turn Ola into ashawo like u wey dey go Oshodi for salesgirls.anyway,welcome to the exciting world of Nilesat.what's ur opinion on the Ijebu juju on Showsports in ur voodoo hometown experienced by Adewest?i still cant believe 2.4m dish picked it there.Obnelly has some tasks up his sleeves in Shagamu.when you recharge ur phone and blood,pls holla me as i get plenty gist for you over ur speciality.Happy birthday in advance.but you are the opposite of baba Awo.Papa no dey run after skirts in Ikenne those days,na only HID hin dey pummel then.I no dey there sha ooo.

Enigma,
I agree with you that there could be a spill from Eurobird2 but the reception was too strong for a spill-over.I will investigate thru the satellite charts.when are you coming to town?i want to see u before i leave in July.

all,
where are you-badaru1,arsene,onye-ngbu,bigg joe,vickoy,etc.If you are interested in live basketball,music and the highly educative Weakest Link,then hook up to Orbit where you can pick NBA TV,TRACE,and BBC PRIME,etc.In the Lagos area,you will need a minimum of 3m dish.Sincerely,this fta thing has scattered my system as there is hardly any station I cant watch in my living room except NTA Ijebu and NTA Iyana Ipaja.I now understand why Olofofo went mad yesternight while watching Man U.that Scholes' shot was a thunderbolt,reminiscent of what he did to Enyeama when Super Eagles faced England in 2002 World Cup.

Baba Egun/Mr.Gem,
why cant USB-RS232 cable work?Is there any way round it?I am tired of taking my Echolink to the office anytime I want to update it.Pls reply asap.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 19, 2009
@ tox, i've come to trust no one at all on this forum regardn women matter, ola bad no be small, olofofo worse, u don dey rotten. d silent ones are d killers, those up north are being checkmate by sharia, those south south like pit,george and butoneday na free dem go dey do am. i just cant wait to check dis guys out in their bases and enjoy d fun. adewest is somtin else being a soja and dictator. concernin showsports, dnt worry i will suprise everyone dat in my father's baba ijebu house airspace in lagos, showsports will pop up and be unscramble on my 2.4m dish. so i wont need any echo noise or star universe. guys go talk say i too get loud mouth.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by captainus: 10:12am On Feb 19, 2009
@Ecowas4all,

Thanks.I will keep trying and any discoveries will be communicated here.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by arsenal1(m): 11:08am On Feb 19, 2009
@ tox
I am still much around, na school wahala dey disturb me ooo. No thanks to the [i]yeye [/i]wireless connection in my school. However, I do still pass info and assists to members through phone but will be back soon. Those on 90cm expect my little discovery soon
@ pito
give me a call , I have something
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 11:31am On Feb 19, 2009
@ Mr Gem- sorry 4 not picking ur calls midnite,i was to wake early to Ikot Abia in Akwa Ibom state for installation. I ve a new software that can work with zain, ll upload it to the group when i get back. @ enitan - no fin woman near p.town cos na ur obitury bi dat, women na fta here, u go die oh. @ captainus - simple remove that lnb and replace it with a strong lnb,the one with K-5 written inside. @ tox - abeg how much e go cost me to run cable from ur abode to my house in ph, just imagine my landlord don dey talk say my 1.8m go bring thief com him yard oneday, where guy man don dey eye 4m dish. My broda i tire no b small ooh. @ arsenal - my broda i dey for one bush now waiting for one yeye pipe to get dry b4 i resume work, ll give u a call now. And if u think u ve a vital info pass it to the group, or wait make i call u 1st.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ifende(m): 11:35am On Feb 19, 2009
Toxnaija,
usb to rs232 works perfect.
Thats what i use.
The problem is that the system assigns the available com port to it so what you do is goto your device manager and check for the port assigned to it and use that port when you want to update your echolink decoder.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 1:00pm On Feb 19, 2009
@toxnaija

ifende:
The problem is that the system assigns the available com port to it so what you do is goto your device manager and check for the port assigned to it and use that port when you want to update your decoder.

Thats exactly the problem. Find attached the way to go when troubleshooting the USB. (Right click my computer, choose Manage, then click  Port (COM & LPT) There, you will find the right COM port.   In the diagram, the system assigned COM21 and that is what you will choose when upgrading using the Upgrader ash shown in the diagram. When i remove the USB and connect to another port, the system automatically assigned COM10.    

I have also noticed over time that some USB serial cables can be cr--zy. So you may need to re install the driver before your system can recognize it.  Cheers.

@enitan

enitan2002:

i still nid u to be strict with the G-group, if am suppose to be in charge,i go dey yank people off anyhow and anytime. some guys just come here and put up a testimony post and d next thing is asking of joining d google, to do what? --- like checking the profile to see d section d user frequent most, some na d romance ---
well done ooo.  Sometimes, your post are very funny. well, keep it coming.

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by fopros: 1:20pm On Feb 19, 2009
hi everyone,
please, try this 12558 V8138 and at 36.0°E on your 2.4 m dish and let us know if you get the signal.
God bless you all
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by pitodenz(m): 1:21pm On Feb 19, 2009
Those in ph that re in need of nile or free epl should know this: (1) to watch epl free for now require showtime packages. (2) show time is inside nilesat. (3) and to get all the channels in nilesat require at least 4m dish in ph. (4) to mold a new 4m dish here is 150k (5) remember u ll need a special decoder to unlock showtime package in nilesat. (6) make sure u read this b4 dialing my number. Or the best option is this, we ve a lot of companies been run by the Lebanies and Pak guys, enter any of them,u must see an abondon massive dish. Just tell them that u want to help them throw it away, if u re lucky they ll even give u t.p money ,but if the reverse is the case it ll cost u not more than 10 to 30k, the bigger the size,the cheaper. Dont ask me to look out for u cos it ll not cost less than 120k in ma hand.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by BUTONEDAY(m): 3:58pm On Feb 19, 2009
@ all Using strong receiver and panorama antenna you can enjoy ter. stations in warri and environs. Info to be posted in the google group.

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.