Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back (4761 Views)

Poll: what will you do?

cancel it immediately: 44% (13 votes)
leave it alone: 55% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / Will You Abandon The Marriage If Your Spouse Gets Disabled / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back by gamechange(m): 2:30pm On Oct 16, 2008
There is absoluteluy nothing wrong in buying additional insurance on your partner as long as the partner is fully aware.
If however this is done secretly, then it raises a lot of questions.
Re: Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back by Imohiosen(m): 8:02pm On Oct 16, 2008
This is to PlusQueen,

If u only listen to yourself, there is a phrase in that statement which reads "BEHIND MY BACK". shocked

I am a man and if any wife should dare try that behind my back, then it is glaring that she wants me dead.

And it is better to prevent than cure, so if I find out I will ask here to leave and file for protection from the police and private guards because my life is in danger.

Thanks this is my view and i have no remorse sharing this with nairalanders.
Re: Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 16, 2008
My posts was based in the western world,i dont know how things work there in lagos but a friend told me that most insurance coy in naija will not even pay,he said it'll take em more than 10yrs for the investigation process.

watch this on www.bbc.co.uk/crimewatch.u'll see a wife who posioned the hubby bcs just for 40thousand sterlings,
Re: Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 16, 2008
sorry the link is www.bbc.co.uk/crimewatch
Re: Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back by viclee009: 2:55pm On Oct 17, 2008
have tou ever heard of people killing their spouses to lay their greedy hands on all that sweet insurance dough?
wake up my friends, don't let sentimentallity blind you to reality.
if your spouse have no hidden motive, why take out insurance on you without your consent or approval making
him or herself the sole beneficiary?
free honey is sweet, so is millions of dollars.
IF YOUR SPOUSE TAKES OUT INSURANCE ON YOUR LIFE WITHOUT YOUR PRIOR CONSENT, DITCH THE BASTARD OR KISS YOUR ASS GOODBYE BEFORE YOUR TIME kiss kiss kiss grin grin wink wink wink
Re: Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back by tangent(f): 3:52pm On Oct 17, 2008
it's unethical to do it behind him.
Re: Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back by biolabee(m): 5:23pm On Oct 17, 2008
na wa o this na strong thing,
one is really favored to be able to findout considering it was done behind ur back,

ill just keep quiet and watch, n pray undecided
Re: Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back by chika98: 8:02pm On Oct 17, 2008
Sleep with one eye open
Re: Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back by bodsibobo(m): 11:46pm On Oct 17, 2008
take out life insurance on my behalf at my back?? ejo l'owo n'nu niyen! (translation: snake get hand inside be that!)
How does she know she won't be the one to die before me? cool
Re: Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2008
Why should Life Insurance be the answer. If you want to be financially secure in the future you need to invest. What you get in the future depends on what you've planned for the future.
So what, the man dies. 20th century women are supposed to strong and independent so it shouldn't be a problem.
Its only acceptable if you both obtain one prior to/during your marriage.
Under any other circumstance, it is called attempted murder
Re: Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back by Angolobabe(f): 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2008
Blackcat:

I will rush out and get my partner too a life insurance afterall death doesn't know if you are a man/woman/child or granny. cheesy
u self lol ,goodluck to that
Re: Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back by bintab(f): 7:18am On Oct 20, 2008
Taking a life insurance is not a taboo nor should it be considered suicide mission.It is absolutely illegal to take it without either of the spouse consent but honestly, it is very important. No matter what you invested on here in the states it is all at risk and with the way economy is taking turns daily you may as well not invest all, i mean stocks ,409k and the rest. Been financial independent in the states requires you to be a millionaire of sort.If you are actually looking out for your love ones in case anything happens,you will greatly considered life insurance. It is not a way out to financial freedom but considered it as a bail out from bills both of you must have procured and benefits of the children born in to the marriage.Both party should have mutual understanding ,trust each order and love each other dearly to considered this.I will not condoled the act of plusqueen friend ,if that ever happen to me i will cancel it immediately.
Re: Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 20, 2008
bintab:

Taking a life insurance is not a taboo nor should it be considered suicide mission.It is absolutely illegal to take it without either of the spouse consent but honestly, it is very important. No matter what you invested on here in the states it is all at risk and with the way economy is taking turns daily you may as well not invest all, i mean stocks ,409k and the rest. Been financial independent in the states requires you to be a millionaire of sort.If you are actually looking out for your love ones in case anything happens,you will greatly considered life insurance. It is not a way out to financial freedom but considered it as a bail out from bills both of you must have procured and benefits of the children born in to the marriage.Both party should have mutual understanding ,trust each order and love each other dearly to considered this.I will not condoled the act of plusqueen friend ,if that ever happen to me i will cancel it immediately.

This is still not good enough an excuse to get life insurance. What if the husband commits a crime and gets sentenced to life in prison? Will the wife die? Life goes on.
Life insurance should be an added bonus and not a way out of financial turmoil
Re: Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back by Pholy(m): 12:26am On Oct 21, 2008
Hello nairalanders.
I feel sad about most of the posts I have read so far. It all boils down to the point that majority of thee populace do not really know the essence of taking out an insurance policy; more specifically, a life assurance. Besides, what makes you all think husbands die first in all scenarios, a life policy should be a mutual thing.

A life assurance policy is an insurance policy taken out on the life who eventually is the beneficiary to the sum assured when the life insured dies.

By the discussion on these posts, many of you see life insurance as a catalyst to untimely death either caused by the beneficiary or as a “cause” just cos a life policy has been taken.

I put it to you my friends that these insinuations are outrightly incorrect. A life insurance policy should be a mutual undertaking between the parties involved, however it is not binding, the principal party that is the one who insures his life should see a certified broker or agent so as to get the policy which best suits him/her.
For those who are worried about the time value of the sum assured, there are policies with provisions for inflationary indices, thus these effects are eventually loaded on benefit payout.

However, I advise the best type of life insurance is the endowment, which ensures payment at the untimely death of the insured life or at maturity of the policy, which could be a designated number of years. This policy thus ensures payment in two ways; either one that comes first. At least, this will alleviate the will for the beneficiary to stab the loved one from behind.

Life insurance is one of the best things ever to happen to future security, safety and investment.
Re: Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back by Akinagirl(f): 2:18am On Oct 21, 2008
Nothing wrong with taking a life insurance policy. Just that both parties should be in the know.
Re: Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back by vescucci(m): 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2008
That's one sharp mother*****!
Re: Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back by yommys01(m): 3:25am On Oct 24, 2008
there is nothing back if you Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy the only bad thing is doing it behind your back.
Re: Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back by abujabooks(f): 9:02pm On Nov 04, 2008
I believe in transparency in marriage. I will tell my hubby that, I have purchased additional life insurance.
Re: Your Spouse Gets You A Life Insurance Policy Behind Your Back by MrCrackles(m): 9:04pm On Nov 04, 2008
sharp stuvs! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

To Those Already Married Or About To, Did God Show You A Sign To Before? / I'm 35 Years Old And I Already Feel Like A Failure In Life / COVID-19: Giveaway To Ease The Current Situation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.