Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,950 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars (31690 Views)

Innoson Launches Cars For Low And Middle Class Nigerians / Nigerian Army Visits Innoson Manufacturing Plant At Nnewi Anambra (Pics) / Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
I will not buy a vehicle that doesn't have SAFETY records!
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
ba7man: Are you sure the car will last that long??

@Topic. The "Taxi" name given to the car isn't doing the brand perception any favours.

Nice step though for Innoson and the Nigerian Automobile market but rivals such as the KIA Picanto isn't far off in terms of cost.
'TAXI' is just the codename given to the car while under development. That model is actually called IVM Fox. And regarding the quality, I refuse to answer that pointless question. That's like asking whether air will provide you the oxygen you need because the air is Nigerian air - the product of a mind suffering from an acute inferiority complex. If you won't buy, pass by silently and watch those of us that do. It's not as if Innoson is forcing you to buy their products.

6 Likes

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
all4naija: I will not buy a vehicle that doesn't have SAFETY records!
It's ok, the vehicle doesn't want you either.

6 Likes

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Funpeter: 1:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
MisterLongman: Shey na GEJ get innoson motors or innocent chukwuma
They are partners in crime........ Oops I mean business partners.
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
rickkid: It's ok, the vehicle doesn't want you either.
Dude relax. You are actually doing Innoson a disservice by attacking all criticism.
Cheap is relative. A kIA picanto is about 1.5million naira too. So innoson needs to let us have the specs/tech sheets of its models so we can compare.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by ba7man(m): 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
rickkid: 'TAXI' is just the codename given to the car while under development. That model is actually called IVM Fox. And regarding the quality, I refuse to answer that pointless question. That's like asking whether air will provide you the oxygen you need because the air is Nigerian air - the product of a mind suffering from an acute inferiority complex. If you won't buy, pass by silently and watch those of us that do. It's not as if Innoson is forcing you to buy their products.
Quality is key......after driving quality cars Eg Benzes, BMWs and Audis.......It will be hard to sway me into an Innoson.

Chinese cars rarely see 5years intact so this vehicle has to prove it has an ok lifespan to make an impact.

Abi asking for quality is now called "inferiority complex"??
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 22, 2014
BoboYekini: Dude relax. You are actually doing Innoson a disservice by attacking all criticism.
Cheap is relative. A kIA picanto is about 1.5million naira too. So innoson needs to let us have the specs/tech sheets of its models so we can compare.
exactly. same reason I was asking for number of airbags. The Hyundai I drive as 8, so I can't go for anything less. Also, 1.5m though affordable is quite an amount.
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by AgroNigeria: 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2014
BoboYekini: Dude relax. You are actually doing Innoson a disservice by attacking all criticism.
They're right there on the ivm website and have been since January. Did you bunch of mindless cynics ever bother to do a simple google search before coming here to rant about your imaginary missing information? Or Innoson should send each of you a private letter before you know the information is right there? How hard is it to use Google?!

3 Likes

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
rickkid: They're right there on the ivm website and have been since January. Did you bunch of mindless cynics ever bother to do a simple google search before coming here to rant about your imaginary missing information? Or Innoson should send each of you a private letter before you know the information is right there? How hard is it to use Google?!
Haha, e good wey you remind me sef. What is the ivm website? Let's do the work for you.
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
AgroNigeria: [size=16pt]500k last! Make una sell am that price let us know that you are building cars for nigerians... then we can talk. Do they know how long the average nigerian income earner will work in order to save 1.5mill... leave every other thing to buy car!? let's be realistic... no be mai-mai. 750k tiny light, 1.1mill EOD toks abeg.... they should sell to the corporate organisations... we, we no dey buy! thanks but NO THANKS![/size]
If you were buying 2nd hand before, this wont change anything - you'll still buy 2nd hand. Difference is they will be Naija used. Except you sign up with the new car financing scheme to pay over 48 months, this stuff isn't targetted at you anyway. I dont know where you people get this idea that things just fall into your lap like magic. How much did you think they would cost before? Why dont you go and assemble your own car which you can sell for N150,000 Buy One Get One Free? Innoson is a business, not a charity. Let me also stress, for the avoidance of doubt that there is a huge number of people who have ALREADY placed orders and have been doing since last year. Nobody cares what the internet geniuses on Nairaland think in the real world. With or without you, Innoson will become a national symbol. With or without you, Nigeria will make progress. Your concentrated bad-belle is a tiny, irrelevant opinion in a target market of over 500 million sub Saharan Africans. Nobody said you should buy, in fact some of us are praying for spaces to open in the order list so we can get ours. You are tiny. You are pointless. You are irrelevant. You are nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
BoboYekini: Haha, e good wey you remind me sef. What is the ivm website? Let's do the work for you.
www.google.com ''innoson''. It's right there on the first page. Not gonna spoonfeed you. Its not as if they're paying me. Do your own research or be silent.

1 Like

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
BoboYekini: Haha, e good wey you remind me sef. What is the ivm website? Let's do the work for you.
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Brilliance9000: 2:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
all4naija: I will not buy a vehicle that doesn't have SAFETY records!

Omo Yoruba...the problem with Nigeria. They cannot and have never invented nor contributed anything meaningful to this contraption called Nigeria. But are always the first to open their dirty stinking mouth. Very hateful and jealous minded people...that's why they are not progressing or inventing anything.

Innoson motors has been operable for commercial and private use in Nigeriafor more than 5 yrs. Not one safety issue has been reported by SON or by actual users. So go and die in hate

2 Likes

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
ba7man: Quality is key......after driving quality cars Eg Benzes, BMWs and Audis.......It will be hard to sway me into an Innoson.

Chinese cars rarely see 5years intact so this vehicle has to prove it has an ok lifespan to make an impact.

Abi asking for quality is now called "inferiority complex"??
it's very simple then - keep on driving your mercedes, audi etc. No one is pleading with you to buy an Innoson product or have you seen anyone begging you? I recognise that over-inflated sense of self importance where you think that someone must have specifically had you in mind when marketing a product, because somehow you are so important and it is your $6,000 which is a life and death issue for a billion dollar business like Innoson. Dude who cares whether you can be 'convinced into an Innoson'? Who frickin cares?? Drive your Audi in peace then abi did anyone say you shouldn't drive bmw etc? This is a thread about a Nigerian carmaker releasing two new models next month. If you dont like, then move on. The Internet is a very big place.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
rickkid: www.google.com ''innoson''. It's right there on the first page. Not gonna spoonfeed you. Its not as if they're paying me. Do your own research or be silent.
Well if they're not paying you, it's you who needs to stfu smiley
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
Brilliance9000:

Omo Yoruba...the problem with Nigeria. They cannot and have never invented nor contributed anything meaningful to this contraption called Nigeria. But are always the first to open their dirty stinking mouth. Very hateful and jealous minded people...that's why they are not progressing or inventing anything.

Innoson motors has been operable for commercial and private use in Nigeriafor more than 5 yrs. Not one safety issue has been reported by SON or by actual users. So go and die in hate
Dont generalise. I'm Yoruba as well and I despise that mindset. That handle isn't even a Nigerian. Just some mixed race idiot who won't leave us alone.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
BoboYekini: Well if they're not paying you, it's you who needs to stfu smiley
Thanks for exposing your real agenda here. ''Constructive criticism'' my anu5
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Rossikki: 3:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
AgroNigeria: [size=16pt]500k last! Make una sell am that price let us know that you are building cars for nigerians... then we can talk. Do they know how long the average nigerian income earner will work in order to save 1.5mill... leave every other thing to buy car!? let's be realistic... no be mai-mai. 750k tiny light, 1.1mill EOD toks abeg.... they should sell to the corporate organisations... we, we no dey buy! thanks but NO THANKS![/size]
In the developed world, hardly anybody buys their car cash. Most pay by instalment per month on Hire Purchase. When you're tired of the car you replace it with a newer one paying the same instalment, or even less. We need to widen that in Nigeria. We have it, but it's not reaching many folks, especially those working in the huge 'informal' sector. Many guys can afford 10k per month or 20k per month instalment on a neat car. This should be big business.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by sweetgala(m): 3:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
GOD Bless Innoson Vehicles, they are going places
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by ba7man(m): 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
rickkid: it's very simple then - keep on driving your mercedes, audi etc. No one is pleading with you to buy an Innoson product or have you seen anyone begging you? I recognise that over-inflated sense of self importance where you think that someone must have specifically had you in mind when marketing a product, because somehow you are so important and it is your $6,000 which is a life and death issue for a billion dollar business like Innoson. Dude who cares whether you can be 'convinced into an Innoson'? Who frickin cares?? Drive your Audi in peace then abi did anyone say you shouldn't drive bmw etc? This is a thread about a Nigerian carmaker releasing two new models next month. If you dont like, then move on. The Internet is a very big place.
It seems you must be a staff of Innoson with how these criticisms are getting to you.

Anyways, global car companies are already planning on cars introducing cut price city cars. Into the African market eg Tata, Suzuki , merc, Audi, Seat, Vw, etc.

I hope Innoson's offer is adequate to withstand the upcoming onslaught. If you have access to their board, tell them to study cars like the VW up!
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by cocoduck: 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
Audi. Honda, Toyota et al have been in business since 70 or 100 years. innosson has been in this business for not up to 10 years, so we don't expect them to be exactly like them. an 8 month old baby can't fight against a 40 year old boxer
So those that want to buy should buy and those that do not want should not prevent or criticize those that want. A journey of a thousand miles starts with just a step.

1 Like

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
Brilliance9000:

Keep spewing sh*ts! No intelligent person is going to listen to that. I am not moved by sentiments.

That is all what safety records mean to you. You barbarian! We are being familiarized to the Innoson products recently not the BS you are talking about here. There is no test facilities, etc and you expect me to dish other vehicles with good safety records for the backward and dangerous products from unknown Innoson. You aren't serious, dude!
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
rickkid: It's ok, the vehicle doesn't want you either.
Thank you. I don't want it as well! A death-trap in the making!
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2014
Brilliance9000:

I can see you are bent on talking every criticism tribal. That is not going to help matter nor what you are trying to present to Nigerians. How in the rightful sense of the discussion should I not ask for safety records of the car I am going to spend my hard earned cash on? Jeez! You must be joking to think every Nigerian will accept the vehicle based on nationalistic reasons without demanding for it safety records. Keep deceiving yourself. That is one of the reasons Innoson vehicles are not fully accepted in the Nigerian society.

Go and force it on your barbarians in the East not me.
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by JEITO: 4:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
Another promise of the GEJ administration fulfilled.

If only Nigerians would put away hate and sentiment from their eyes, they will see that things aint so bad after all. Infact, things are much better than they seem.
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by ba7man(m): 4:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
cocoduck: Audi. Honda, Toyota et al have been in business since 70 or 100 years. innosson has been in this business for not up to 10 years, so we don't expect them to be exactly like them. an 8 month old baby can't fight against a 40 year old boxer
So those that want to buy should buy and those that do not want should not prevent or criticize those that want. A journey of a thousand miles starts with just a step.
That's not my point. Either they are bigger or smaller than Innoson, they are eyeing the Nigerian Market.

In the next 5yrs, we'll witnes an influx of small, affordable cars from established brands in this country. Is innoson prepared for this??

Every car company is launching smaller, cheaper, more fuel efficient models by the day, all in their preparation to enter the African "city" car market.

I just hope Innoson is putting all this into consideration. Even the Chinese brands are already in mergers with these established brands to have access to their technology.
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by kobikwelu(m): 5:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
^^^^^
omo i shock ooo...i have never seen such invectives showered on a human being......

anyways,

i have not seen this car on the road. At least i expect a drive through tutorial/video that puts this car through some tests and is made available to the public to aid confidence.

I dont expect it to be on the same level (technologically) as other established brands, but its a start.
A good example is India's tata. The car is manufactured in india and is mostly used in most 3rd world's military transports.

the issue is economics of scale...are these manufacturing plants running on the National grid, or are they running on Generators?

Dangote got to his current level because of some Government protectionist schemes (cement) which helped him develop a major financial foundation and attention.

If innoson can effectively supply all MDA's in the country for a period of time, this would help bolster the local industry and in the end, empower innoson (and other local manufacturers) to think bigger.

Our country is a goldmine for large scale business but it takes only the bold to tap it..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Questions To Ask Before Buying A Used-Car In Nigeria? / 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly / Man Sets Porsche On Fire While Driver Fills It Up At Petrol Station In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.