Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars (31691 Views)

Innoson Launches Cars For Low And Middle Class Nigerians / Nigerian Army Visits Innoson Manufacturing Plant At Nnewi Anambra (Pics) / Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by cocoduck: 5:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
ba7man: That's not my point. Either they are bigger or smaller than Innoson, they are eyeing the Nigerian Market.

In the next 5yrs, we'll witnes an influx of small, affordable cars from established brands in this country. Is innoson prepared for this??

Every car company is launching smaller, cheaper, more fuel efficient models by the day, all in their preparation to enter the African "city" car market.

I just hope Innoson is putting all this into consideration. Even the Chinese brands are already in mergers with these established brands to have access to their technology.
That is why I refused to go to any university in Nigeria. it is this educational system that produce people that think with their anus. you did not contribute a farthing to innoson did you? so why are you bitter? or are you jealous or what? anyway, lès jaloux vont maigrir

6 Likes

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by ba7man(m): 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
cocoduck:
That is why I refused to go to any university in Nigeria. it is this educational system that produce people that think with their anus. you did not contribute a farthing to innoson did you? so why are you bitter? or are you jealous or what? anyway, lès jaloux vont maigrir
keep talking without thinking.

Until these other companies squeeze Innoson out of its supposed home market.

Wekre talking of mental contribution, you're talkin money.

The average person sees a Kia picanto! And an Innoson budget car at the same price......gueSs the car they'll choose......except for curious cases like you.

Nigerian product or not, I see quality, I'll pay for it...Go read up on Hyundai/Kia's investment and innovation drive that got them to where they are today.

You can't even reason that out with your "foreign" education.

1 Like

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Bebetter: 6:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
rickkid: If you were buying 2nd hand before, this wont change anything - you'll still buy 2nd hand. Difference is they will be Naija used. Except you sign up with the new car financing scheme to pay over 48 months, this stuff isn't targetted at you anyway. I dont know where you people get this idea that things just fall into your lap like magic. How much did you think they would cost before? Why dont you go and assemble your own car which you can sell for N150,000 Buy One Get One Free? Innoson is a business, not a charity. Let me also stress, for the avoidance of doubt that there is a huge number of people who have ALREADY placed orders and have been doing since last year. Nobody cares what the internet geniuses on Nairaland think in the real world. With or without you, Innoson will become a national symbol. With or without you, Nigeria will make progress. Your concentrated bad-belle is a tiny, irrelevant opinion in a target market of over 500 million sub Saharan Africans. Nobody said you should buy, in fact some of us are praying for spaces to open in the order list so we can get ours. You are tiny. You are pointless. You are irrelevant. You are nothing.

Bro, you are really taking this thing personal oh, is your FATHER the owner of innosan motors? abi are you their marketing manager? your stupidity is surely going to get a promotion! don't be an id.iot okay, innosan's so called BRAND NEW CAR cannot be compared to a honda, toyota, bmw, ford, chevy or likes... innosan here is the NOBODY! i'll rather spend my money on a kia or hyundai that can be trusted. Wait let me ask you can innosan motors export their nonsense product to the US or UK market? NEVER! who go buy am. You now want to shove your substandard products to us and expect Nigerians to just accept it like that. It is people like you that think that the average nigerian is un-intelligent, an A-grade toks camry or accord will serve durably, with a longer life span than your new innosan motor. What about maintenance? how available are the parts? what is the resale value after a year or two? ZERO! we've seen the likes of the plastic cars on our road swell like an old shoe and fall apart within a short period.

Who is deceiving who? How can you claim that innosan is the messiah when they have no rival? use your common sense! when MTN first came, they where selling SIM cards for close to 30k! can you imagine... and the service was terrible, now sim cards sell for close to nothing! are you saying that the conditions now are better than they where then or that MTN did not have the resources to sell it low... IT IS BECAUSE THERE WAS NO COMPETITION and they knew there was no other choice. when three or four other companies have come into local assembly or manufacturing of cars then come and talk to me. innosan should be able to sell A BRAND NEW CAR for 1million or 750K at least if they are truly manufacturing for the nigerian market then we'll know you are giving us real value. and before you open your mouth to reply, i push a 2012 lexus RX350 for 3.5mill toks, go and bring your brand new 3.5mill innosan car lets compare value!

2 Likes

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by ba7man(m): 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
All these foreign brands have specifically named Nigeria as one of their next target markets.

Automotive policy or not, that has being their plan since their Chinese incursion.

The federal Govt is supposed to provide expansion funds to enable Innoson enter development mergers with already established automobile companies in order to make their products competitive.

If I was in a company and I had someone like @Cocoduck on the board, I'd fire him for not being able to analyze current situations, think ahead and provide solutions.

He'll probably just start raving and ranting "You're jealous of our product"....... "I have "foreign" education"....till the competition swamp the market and brush em aside.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by ba7man(m): 6:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
Bebetter:

Bro, you are really taking this thing personal oh, is your FATHER the owner of innosan motors? abi are you their marketing manager? your stupidity is surely going to get a promotion! don't be an id.iot okay, innosan's so called BRAND NEW CAR cannot be compared to a honda, toyota, bmw, ford, chevy or likes... innosan here is the NOBODY! i'll rather spend my money on a kia or hyundai that can be trusted. Wait let me ask you can innosan motors export their nonsense product to the US or UK market? NEVER! who go buy am. You now want to shove your substandard products to us and expect Nigerians to just accept it like that. It is people like you that think that the average nigerian is un-intelligent, an A-grade toks camry or accord will serve durably, with a longer life span than your new innosan motor. What about maintenance? how available are the parts? what is the resale value after a year or two? ZERO! we've seen the likes of the plastic cars on our road swell like an old shoe and fall apart within a short period.

Who is deceiving who? How can you claim that innosan is the messiah when they have no rival? use your common sense! when MTN first came, they where selling SIM cards for close to 30k! can you imagine... and the service was terrible, now sim cards sell for close to nothing! are you saying that the conditions now are better than they where then or that MTN did not have the resources to sell it low... IT IS BECAUSE THERE WAS NO COMPETITION and they knew there was no other choice. when three or four other companies have come into local assembly or manufacturing of cars then come and talk to me. innosan should be able to sell A CAR for 1million or less at least if they are truly manufacturing for the nigerian market then we'll know you are giving us real value. and before you open your mouth to reply, i push a 2012 lexus RX350 for 3.5mill toks, go and bring your brand new 3.5mill innosan car lets compare value!
You hit the spot.

Some peeps here make it seem as if b'cos its a Nigerian product, its quality or value for money shouldn't be questioned.

Its a good thing that its a Nigerian brand but this is just the begining. What's being offered is also very important.

4 Likes

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by eaglechild: 6:39pm On Jul 22, 2014
ba7man: It seems you must be a staff of Innoson with how these criticisms are getting to you.

Anyways, global car companies are already planning on cars introducing cut price city cars. Into the African market eg Tata, Suzuki , merc, Audi, Seat, Vw, etc.

I hope Innoson's offer is adequate to withstand the upcoming onslaught. If you have access to their board, tell them to study cars like the VW up!
Hope you are not talking about those killer econo boxes like suzuki alto and tata nano, cause Innoson is way way better.

Which merc or Audi is cut price?
Pls those are luxury brands that have a niche and do not compromise.

You obviously know nothing about cars.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by eaglechild: 6:48pm On Jul 22, 2014
Bebetter:

Who is deceiving who? How can you claim that innosan is the messiah when they have no rival? use your common sense! when MTN first came, they where selling SIM cards for close to 30k! can you imagine... and the service was terrible, now sim cards sell for close to nothing! are you saying that the conditions now are better than they where then or that MTN did not have the resources to sell it low... IT IS BECAUSE THERE WAS NO COMPETITION and they knew there was no other choice. when three or four other companies have come into local assembly or manufacturing of cars then come and talk to me. innosan should be able to sell A BRAND NEW CAR for 1million or 750K at least if they are truly manufacturing for the nigerian market then we'll know you are giving us real value. and before you open your mouth to reply, i push a 2012 lexus RX350 for 3.5mill toks, go and bring your brand new 3.5mill innosan car lets compare value!

lol!

You just comment for the sake of it

How much is Tata nano the world's cheapest box car.
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by ba7man(m): 6:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
eaglechild:
Hope you are not talking about those killer econo boxes like suzuki alto and tata nano, cause Innoson is way way better.

Which merc or Audi is cut price?
Pls those are luxury brands that have a niche and do not compromise.

You obviously know nothing about cars.
Have you heard of the Smart (owned by Merc)?? Have you heard of the Audi A1??

These cars are priced at low costs you'd never thought you'd ever find their products.

Check lower, you'll find the VW up!, Skoda citi-go, seat Mii. Most of these cars were prepred for their African onslaught.

Just wait until Hyundai starts manufacturing the i-10 in Nigeria.

I hope Innoson will keep up.

Its already happening. Instead of all these Nissan Almeras I'm seeing all over, why not Innoson??
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by eaglechild: 7:02pm On Jul 22, 2014
ba7man: Have you heard of the Smart (owned by Merc)?? Have you heard of the Audi A1??

These cars are priced at low costs you'd never thought you'd ever find their products.

Check lower, you'll find the VW up!, Skoda citi-go, seat Mii. All these cars were prepred for their African onslaught.

Audi A1 is not an economy car

Smart is not a merc, it is just like calling a Nissan is an infiniti or a Honda an Acura, that is not very smart, pun intended.
Besides have you ever seen a smart fourtwo, a keke will run it over. The fourfour is not cheap.

All the cars you mentioned are still above 1.5million.
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by ba7man(m): 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
eaglechild:
Audi A1 is not an economy car

Smart is not a merc, it is just like calling a Nissan is an infiniti or a Honda an Acura, that is not very smart, pun intended.
Besides have you ever seen a smart fourtwo, a keke will run it over. The fourfour is not cheap.

All the cars you mentioned are still above 1.5million.
For a premium brand, trust me, that's how economical it can get. 17yrs ago, the cheapest Audi was the A4 till the launch of the A3....now there's the A1. Why are they creating cheaper cars?? The smart for 2 and 4 are merc engineered and getting a Merc engineered car at that price is bargain. These are offerings from premium brands.

You want more affordable mass market offerings?? Try Hyundai, Kia according to Nigerian preferences.

But tell me you'll take your 1.5m to go buy a budget innoson or wait a few more months, add a little more cash and go get a brand new picanto or I-10........or better yet, buy a used Toyota corolla.
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by eaglechild: 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
ba7man: Have you heard of the Smart (owned by Merc)?? Have you heard of the Audi A1??

Check lower, you'll find the VW up!, Skoda citi-go, seat Mii. Most of these cars were prepred for their African onslaught.

Its already happening. Instead of all these Nissan Almeras I'm seeing all over, why not Innoson??

lol!

ALL these corolla, civic etc you are seeing.

Must everyone buy Innoson? (Even before they launch there brand)
Why are you so worried when they cannot even remotely meet up with their orders.

Besides how much do you think an almera costs - 2.55m to 2.9 for the base manual and 3.2 for the auto tranny.
That is 2 IVM fox auto tranny.

I thought i told you to stop talking about cars that you know nothing about
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by ba7man(m): 7:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
eaglechild:

lol!

Why are you so worried when they cannot even remotely meet up with their orders.

Besides how much do you think an almera costs - 2.55m to 2.9 for the base manual and 3.2 for the auto tranny.

So why is the cheaper, better loaded car not selling??

The moment Innoson gets it right, it will flood Nigerian streets without Govt patronage.
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by ba7man(m): 7:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
I've only seen an Innoson twice and its only on NL that peeps are familiar with the brand.

I guess I'll have to experience one to conclude.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by eaglechild: 7:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
eaglechild:
lol!
ba7man: So why is the cheaper, better loaded car not selling??

The moment Innoson gets it right, it will flood Nigerian streets without Govt patronage.

Please endeavour to read between the lines.

Bye
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by cocoduck: 8:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
ba7man: keep talking without thinking.

Until these other companies squeeze Innoson out of its supposed home market.

Wekre talking of mental contribution, you're talkin money.

The average person sees a Kia picanto! And an Innoson budget car at the same price......gueSs the car they'll choose......except for curious cases like you.

Nigerian product or not, I see quality, I'll pay for it...Go read up on Hyundai/Kia's investment and innovation drive that got them to where they are today.

You can't even reason that out with your "foreign" education.
total rubbish, the question remains, did you contribute a farthing to the company? If yes then you have a point, if no, then it is none of your business, whether he fails or succeeds depends on him and his crew not some invisible non entity that hides behind his phone a claim a to be a business man. Fyi, he has been in the NigerIan automotive business from his boyhood up till now, so if I want to go into the same business I will do well to take a clue or 2 from him, not an educated illiterate like you. BTW should they average Nigerian you are talking about? I had to ask because maybe you are that average Nigerian. I have not been th o any university but I know much more than you do. HOMO STUPIDUS
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by waternogetenemy: 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
Great development.
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by naijajobspost(m): 11:01pm On Jul 22, 2014
@innosson.........and who says 1.5m is for the poor and average class when bankers are struggling to ship in tokunbo vehicles. even americans still thank God for giving them 3000dollars car when they get one. corruption mentality.so far its naija,it doesnt really matter how they start,they cannot last...................
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Tex42(m): 4:28am On Jul 23, 2014
Ellidude: Nice comment.
yeah,and nice english too(4rm d dude u quoted)
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Tex42(m): 4:32am On Jul 23, 2014
cocoduck:
total rubbish, the question remains, did you contribute a farthing to the company? If yes then you have a point, if no, then it is none of your business, whether he fails or succeeds depends on him and his crew not some invisible non entity that hides behind his phone a claim a to be a business man. Fyi, he has been in the NigerIan automotive business from his boyhood up till now, so if I want to go into the same business I will do well to take a clue or 2 from him, not an educated illiterate like you. BTW should they average Nigerian you are talking about? I had to ask because maybe you are that average Nigerian. I have not been th o any university but I know much more than you do. HOMO STUPIDUS
cracking ma ribs @ 'Homo Stupidus'
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by ba7man(m): 4:37am On Jul 23, 2014
cocoduck:
You're talking local approach, I'm talking global approach.

What do you know about Ferdinand piech, Arash Farboud, Ratan Tata, Henrik Fisker, Gordon Murray etc? Nothing, I'm sure.

The average Nigerian knows nothing about innoson.

Instead of dropping Insults, drop a solution to the anonymous nature of the Innoson brand....Eg: An increase in marketing campaign.

If Hyundai reacted this same way to criticism, they would still be stuck with their low quality econo-boxes of 30yrs ago.

Why didn't the go around telling critics "How much did you contribute"?? They listened to the underlying message and hired Peter Schreyer (he designed the 1st Audi TT). He gave them the "Tiger nose" design and they increased their quality. Now look at them today.

@CoCoduck. This lower points aren't for you since you're sooooooo "Educated".

I've raised 2 points against the car, if tackled will boost the brand.

(1) Low awareness of general populace which can be solved with agressive marketing campaign in Newspapers and TV stations as a "Proudly Nigerian" product......not "Indi Anambra" or whatever.

(2) Percieved low quality due to fact that they're based on Chinese Replicas. Solution?? I'll propose an adoption of older Established brand platforms for innoson brand, eg the BMW E-36 platform from the Mid 90s and maybe VW 1.6, 1.8L Engines from the early 2000s. Get a student from Conventry school of Automotive design to draw up a smart design and we'll have a global car that even I, a critique will love to buy, provided its not over priced.

Brilliance Autos of China tried somthing similar and the resulting car was almost "there". Subsequent efforts will hit the mark.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by ba7man(m): 5:04am On Jul 23, 2014
eaglechild:

Please endeavour to read between the lines.

Bye
The online character you adopted makes it hard to do.

I would, if it was a poster like @Siena or @Ikenna.
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by tjay007: 6:20am On Jul 23, 2014
if indeed this govt. is serious about supporting nigerian brands, innoson motors is the best way to make a statement. by now i expect the federal govt, all nigerian ambassadors(embassies) abroad & the state govt of where this plant is located; to replace all their vehicles with innoson products since it's the only indigenous manufacturer for now. that in my opinion, is the best way to promote this brand.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by gtim4uall: 11:36am On Jul 23, 2014
rickkid: Nobody is 'giving' you anything. You wouldn't be able to afford it anyway. Wait till somebody has used it like slippers for 5 years, then go and beg them. Then they might 'give' you.
. = . This called FINISHING!! cry
rickkid: Nobody is 'giving' you anything. You wouldn't be able to afford it anyway. Wait till somebody has used it like slippers for 5 years, then go and beg them. Then they might 'give' you.
. = . This called FINISHING!!
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by olaric(m): 11:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
arsetalks: Wow, he bought you one of those cars?
Abayomi Aje @yommys01 pay me my money
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Bluemetal: 7:17am On Sep 07, 2014
We need to learn to support and encourage local initiative and industry. Toyota and Honda would not be successes today if the Japanese bad mouthed the product from day1! And yet after 20 -30 years of consistent hard work, look at them all over the world today.

Only Naija will kill itself with this attitude and never develop. Support , don't destroy. The effects are devastating and would catch up with those posting these negative views

Support made in Nigeria. It employs Nigerians, improves our industrial capacity and knowledge, grows the economy, gives us pride.

God Bless

Brilliance9000:

Omo Yoruba...the problem with Nigeria. They cannot and have never invented nor contributed anything meaningful to this contraption called Nigeria. But are always the first to open their dirty stinking mouth. Very hateful and jealous minded people...that's why they are not progressing or inventing anything.

Innoson motors has been operable for commercial and private use in Nigeriafor more than 5 yrs. Not one safety issue has been reported by SON or by actual users. So go and die in hate

1 Like

Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by oyatz(m): 10:00pm On Aug 07, 2016
Brilliance9000:

Omo Yoruba...the problem with Nigeria. They cannot and have never invented nor contributed anything meaningful to this contraption called Nigeria. But are always the first to open their dirty stinking mouth. Very hateful and jealous minded people...that's why they are not progressing or inventing anything.

Innoson motors has been operable for commercial and private use in Nigeriafor more than 5 yrs. Not one safety issue has been reported by SON or by actual users. So go and die in hate
Why is it that whenever Innoson vehicle is mentioned many people discuss it emotionally in form of tribal loyality and solidarity and are quick to turn it it to a 'We Vs them' arguments,lambasting other Nigerians that criticize Innoson, calling them names, accusing them of jeleousy/Hatred?
It is high time this people know that real business have separate identity from their proprietors and a real business organization has NO TRIBE
How many times have you seen Hausa-Fulani guys bragging that they own Dangote Cement/ Flour or Yoruba guys shouting that they own Globacom or Wema bank?
Re: Innoson To Roll Out N1.5m Cars by Brilliance9000: 1:41am On Oct 12, 2016
oyatz:
[s]
Why is it that whenever Innoson vehicle is mentioned many people discuss it emotionally in form of tribal loyality and solidarity and are quick to turn it it to a 'We Vs them' arguments,lambasting other Nigerians that criticize Innoson, calling them names, accusing them of jeleousy/Hatred?
It is high time this people know that real business have separate identity from their proprietors and a real business organization has NO TRIBE
How many times have you seen Hausa-Fulani guys bragging that they own Dangote Cement/ Flour or Yoruba guys shouting that they own Globacom or Wema bank?[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Questions To Ask Before Buying A Used-Car In Nigeria? / 11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly / Man Sets Porsche On Fire While Driver Fills It Up At Petrol Station In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.