Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! (26077 Views)

Gay Content In Hollywood Movies And Its Effect On Nigeria / Liz Benson & Stephanie Okereke Co-star In 'Dry' / Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by priscaoge(f): 5:57pm On Jul 22, 2014
[quote author=marcusagrippa][/quote]
Corrected! Tankuo
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by englishmart(m): 5:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
kendrick93: ignorance. smh
clap for urself
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by Kossyne(m): 6:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
bennie224: Shameful!why does she have to play d role of a slave?It's like telling tom cruise to come play d role of a slave in a Nigerian movie,,Nollywood is a mess,,if i was given d chance to run d NGR movie industry,,i'ld have long gotten rid of people like this.

There's nothing degrading about playing a slave role. She's still breaking into the industry, cut her some slack. Do you know how hard it is to get a role in a Hollywood movie?, some Americans will take that role free of charge. Its about selling "herself". Remember the journey of a thousand miles starts with a step. At least she's better than most local champions we have who are probably busy thinking of the next publicity stunt to pull. She's shown that she wants to take her career to the next level. As for Tom Cruise, he ll play any role you give him for the right money. He's an actor.
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by dabossman(m): 6:08pm On Jul 22, 2014
tony9k: Condemning her slave role appears to be inappropriate in my opinion. If you act as a prostitute in a movie does that make you a who.re. Acting is make belief to interpret the script correctly and make it real. One can condemn the proliferation of 'slave movies' bout the fact is that black people were slaves in 1908 the period captured by the film and the role would be given to a black person who is regarded as a very good one. She s a professional and she appears to be doing it well

Don't waste your breathe on these educated illiterates bro. An actor is playing a role in a period piece and they are running their mouth. Funny thing is, they are probably the same set of hypocrites who were applauding Lupita Nyongo for winning an Oscar while playing a slave role. I can't even count the number of top, black Hollywood stars who have played slave roles. The slave era existed and stories will always be written about it. Movies will also be made about it many years from now. Get over it.

And for those calling it crap because it's not yet on Youtube, IMDB, Wikipedia etc, gosh, do you even know what stage of production the movie is in?

1 Like

Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by Kossyne(m): 6:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
englishmart: in the US, if you act perfectly as a slave, you'll keep acting only slave roles.

That's the biggest lie of the century. What is the basis of this assertion of yours?
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
Lmao! The way they always pick them from Africa to play slaves...... SMH
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by zinaunreal(m): 6:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
adeoladrg: Slave? Of all roles!
which one you don do? Mr unknown on nairaland. Probably unknown for life. A member of the nigerian population statistic
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by adeoladrg(m): 6:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
zinaunreal: which one you don do? Mr unknown on nairaland. Probably unknown for life. A member of the nigerian population statistic

Awa niyen!!$ grin
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by IAMBREEZY: 6:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
WTF!!!
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by dabossman(m): 6:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
Kossyne:

There's nothing degrading about playing a slave role. She's still breaking into the industry, cut her some slack. Do you know how hard it is to get a role in a Hollywood movie?, some Americans will take that role free of charge. Its about selling "herself". Remember the journey of a thousand miles starts with a step. At least she's better than most local champions we have who are probably busy thinking of the next publicity stunt to pull. She's shown that she wants to take her career to the next level. As for Tom Cruise, he ll play any role you give him for the right money. He's an actor.

Don't mind that fellow. Is he talking about the same Tom Cruise that was once nominated for a Razzie for the Worst Actor? Does that make him a terrible actor? Did that stop him from succeeding in his career?
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
Just being curious: So playing slaves are the only roles for African actors clamoring for Hollywood lime lights?
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by OnweB0B0(m): 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nice winkNice
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by dabossman(m): 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
englishmart: in the US, if you act perfectly as a slave, you'll keep acting only slave roles.
So John Amos, Louis Gossett Jr, Ruby Dee, Djimon Hounsou, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Sidney Poitier and the many more who have played slave roles have never played anything else but slaves right?

You probably don't even know half of the names on that list. Don't worry, I understand.
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by misspatsy(f): 6:39pm On Jul 22, 2014
I see my babe getin an oscar soon.more power to ur elbow
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
Such roles when handled well do win people best upcoming actress at the academies..

1 Like

Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
priscaoge: 'Maid' *In Tonto Dike's voice*gringrin
SLAVE••
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
donedy: Just being curious: So playing slaves are the only roles for African actors clamoring for Hollywood lime lights?
I wonder oh...I don't just knw how all these oyinbo dey ppl see us self
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by sexzskil(f): 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
This is the greatest proof to show that our Nigerian so-called celebrities are just bundle of ''odinariness'' and BELOW mediocres on the world stage! They are fools that are being celebrated by hopeless fools in a hopeless, clueless, daft nation!
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by salvatore007(m): 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
And so Shuld i start cryin? Slave ko slave ni mtcheeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

*Continues playing Pes14

Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by dabossman(m): 7:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
donedy: Just being curious: So playing slaves are the only roles for African actors clamoring for Hollywood lime lights?

Why not do your research? Not every African actor who has starred in a Hollywood movie played a slave.
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by adedayourt(m): 7:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
This guy also made me happy when I saw him starred as Erik in the last season of 24
"Gbenga Akinnagbe"

Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
Gud for her... I do hope she gets better role next tym sha
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by Camellia(f): 7:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
BUSHHUNTER: She must be ashamed of herself ...of all roles in a movie is only slave she can play msteeeew Okereke disgracing us since 1986
hey fellow,,,abeg d chiwetel abi lupita no b slave dem b 4 dat award winning movie,,,nd im sure u watchd it happily,,,,
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by JustCurious: 7:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by bigfrancis21: 7:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
The increasing collaboration between Nollywood and Hollywood in recent times have been commendable; smiley
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by yousee(m): 7:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
bennie224: Shameful!why does she have to play d role of a slave?It's like telling tom cruise to come play d role of a slave in a Nigerian movie,,Nollywood is a mess,,if i was given d chance to run d NGR movie industry,,i'ld have long gotten rid of people like this.
You and the person that liked your post, pls tell me Where you have reached in your field of endeavour.
Una just dey run mouth anyhow.

Do you know what the exposure would do for her career?

The pics alone is a huge differential with our nollywood
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by dabossman(m): 7:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
I don't understand why people are even giving her stick over this. It's like a star player in the Nigerian Football league signing for a mid-table English Premier League team like Sunderland, Stoke, Newcastle, Aston Villa or something. Wouldn't that be a step-up from being a champion in a badly organized league?

This lady has taken a new step in her career. Hopefully it will lead to bigger and better things. Many of the big names in Hollywood started with insignificant bit roles. It took some of them 10 -20 years to even land their first major role. I bet if this had been about Nadia Buari or Jackie Appiah, the running-down talk wouldn't have been this bad. Jeez, why do we like to always rubbish our own.
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by sarmiie(m): 8:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
ITbomb: Slave movie in 2014?
21st Century Fvrk

as in...ehn?? we shld be past dt sh1t already............
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by sarmiie(m): 8:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
adedayourt: This guy also made me happy when I saw him starred as Erik in the last season of 24
"Gbenga Akinnagbe"

season 9 ??..
Re: Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! by Perfecter4real(m): 8:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
annytee: Is acting a slave role in a movie degrading people sha!
help me ask them o...naija and their mayopic mindset.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sites To Download In 3gp Format / BBNaija S6: Housemates Receive Their First Rewards / #AMVCA2018: Ebuka Obi-uchendu Steps Out In All White For Red Carpet Duties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.