Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,680 members, 7,823,921 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 (14697 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / Word Of Faith Convention 2014 Starts Today / Amazing Miracles Awaits You At Christ Elects Convention 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Candour(m): 11:17am On Jul 27, 2014
alexleo:

Sorry bro that's an error. I'm not a pastor, I'm just an ordinary church member. I don't bring out time to do thorough bible study like pastors because of my business. That's bad of me though. Most times you see me ask too much questions here its just for me to learn better, not that I know very well. I can only contribute where I think I know. Pls delete my name. God bless you.

Lai lai, I no go gree....

I'm not a pastor too. Just an engineer that couldn't even go to church meeting today because he's at a remote location working for his daily bread.

Try make out time Alex, God is your muscle
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 11:33am On Jul 27, 2014
Goshen360: Our theme for the 2014 Grace Convention is:

[size=20pt]Ephphatha - Be opened[/size]

King James Bible
And looking up to heaven, he sighed, and saith unto him, Ephphatha, that is, Be opened.
Mark 7:34

Acts 26:17-18 Amplified Bible (AMP)

17 [a]Choosing you out [selecting you for Myself] and [b]delivering you from among this [Jewish] people and the Gentiles to whom I am sending you—18 To open their eyes that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may thus receive forgiveness and release from their sins and a place and portion among those who are consecrated and purified by faith in Me.

God, helping us, this will be the central focus of our topics and teachers.

You're all blessed

I want to remind us all that the general theme for this year's convention has been given by Goshen360. Please let us begin to suggest topics we would like to hear on this theme.

Also, I request that you can still nominate monickers for the convention in case I left someone out in the second post of the OP.

Those who have expressed desire not to partake in the convention teaching will have their wishes respected.

Later on in this thread I am going to post each monicker as has been enumerated on the OP each on one post. All we will be required to do is to like that post and it will tell us whom you desire to listen to on the convention. Individuals with the highest numbers of likes will be the speakers for the convention.

Thank you again everyone.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 11:58am On Jul 27, 2014
alexleo:

Sorry bro that's an error. I'm not a pastor, I'm just an ordinary church member. I don't bring out time to do thorough bible study like pastors because of my business. That's bad of me though. Most times you see me ask too much questions here or argue much, its just for me to learn better, not that I know very well. I can only contribute where I think I know. Pls delete my name and save this house of my bad. God bless you.

Actually, we are not after listening to Pastors. Its ordinary church people like you we want to hear from. I am not an ordained pastor too.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 11:58am On Jul 27, 2014
Repeat
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by ihedinobi2: 2:38pm On Jul 27, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Bidam: Quite unfortunate you left out seasoned
teachers of the word like Olaadegbu,
Joagbaje,Image123,Ihedinobi,Alwaystrue,Snowwy
etc.. Just because they don't share your views on
doctrinal tithes doesn't mean they don't have one
or two things to say on the issue of grace.
This OP is a glaring evidence that you have
divided yourselves into camps which is really
pathetic.I can see atheist and others peeping at
this thread and smiling with mock
satisfaction.What in God's name gave you the
impression that the catholic folks can't be
included as presenters too?Who are you to judge
other peoples foundational beliefs so far it is
centered on Christ?.
This thread is a big shame!!!
We are NOT one body at all....

www.nairaland.com/1407328/first-ever-e-convention-grace-2013

22 August 2013. Comment hidden but copied from a quote.

That is the reason for the invitations.
Hello DrummaBoy.

I appreciate the invite and would have loved very much to participate because I stand on the "One Body, One Spirit, One Faith" principle. Doctrinal disagreements are not enough to deter me. I doubt that I'll make it though because this period is exceptionally tasking for me.

However this stated reason for inviting me is a very poor, unChristlike one. If you wanted to break bread with me that would have been good. But to extend me an invitation just so that it does not seem like you are excluding a group of believers who do not agree with you is not good. Be a man of your principles. When you consider a principle wrong repent it. Don't straddle two opposite paths.

4 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 2:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
ihedinobi2:
Hello DrummaBoy.

I appreciate the invite and would have loved very much to participate because I stand on the "One Body, One Spirit, One Faith" principle. Doctrinal disagreements are not enough to deter me. I doubt that I'll make it though because this period is exceptionally tasking for me.

However this stated reason for inviting me is a very poor, unChristlike one. If you wanted to break bread with me that would have been good. But to extend me an invitation just so that it does not seem like you are excluding a group of believers who do not agree with you is not good. Be a man of your principles. When you consider a principle wrong repent it. Don't straddle two opposite paths.

Thank you Ihedinobi for your observation.

My call and support for a convention that will include all professing Christians is not in any way breaking any of my principles, neither is it a means of walking two paths.

My passion for doctrinal matters in church finds root in my sincere concern for Christians whom I consider brethren as long as they profess the name Christ. It is this concern that has engendered my participation in this project. It is this same concern that propels my position on tithes here and even my continual contribution to the WOF thread.

So there is nothing to repent of.

I respect the decision of those who choose not to participate in this convention and if you decide not to also, fine and good.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by ihedinobi2: 3:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Thank you Ihedinobi for your observation.

My call and support for a convention that will include all professing Christians is not in any way breaking any of my principles, neither is it a means of walking two paths.

My passion for doctrinal matters in church finds root in my sincere concern for Christians whom I consider brethren as long as they profess the name Christ. It is this concern that has engendered my participation in this project. It is this same concern that propels my position on tithes here and even my continual contribution to the WOF thread.

So there is nothing to repent of.

I respect the decision of those who choose not to participate in this convention and if you decide not to also, fine and good.
Ok, brother. Forgive my presumption. I'm not begging off though. I'm stating that I may not make it. I'll still try. Thanks for the invite.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 3:10pm On Jul 27, 2014
ihedinobi2:
Ok, brother. Forgive my presumption. I'm not begging off though. I'm stating that I may not make it. I'll still try. Thanks for the invite.

Good.

We hope you can make it. Your name will be up for nomination and you could be selected.

Just watch this space.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Ubenedictus(m): 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
DrummaBoy:

A very apt quote towards the convention.

Let me relay a story, I hope I get the details bc its been sometimes I read it:

On 31st October 1517 Martin Luther approached the doors of a prominent cathedral in the city of Wittenberg and nailed a 95 point theses on the errors of the RCC on its doors. By the time the dust settled, the Reformation had begun.

Three prominent figures spearhead the reform efforts of those days: Martin Luther (Germany); Huldrych Zwingli (Zurich) and John Calvin (Geneva). They agreed on three major points on Protestantism: Justification; Sola Scriptura; and Priesthood of all Saints. But they disagreed on minor issues like the Lord's Supper.

Luther would have been killed by the powers of Rome if not for the rulers of his country who, for reason God alone knows, were ready to defend him, even with military might. Zwingli did not have this advantage in Zurich. The point arrived when Zwingli and his followers had to defend their doctrine and lives against the encroachment of Catholic military. Luther looked the other way, possibly bc of differences in doctrine. Zwingli went to war and was killed.

John Calvin had suggested a middle point for Luther and Zwingli on the matter of the Lords Supper. They both refused it. Today the view of most non Catholics on the Lords Supper follow Calvin's interpretation.

Morale: The bible commands us to hold the truth in love. Not for truth sake we forsake love or for love sake we forsake truth. The worst of heretics are still mostly honest men and most of us have been in those shoes before.

I trust God to give understanding.
seriously dear, that is a terrible example to give, be very happy there seem to be neither lutherian or presbyterians on the thread. That arguement wasn't about a "less important point of doctrine", at least no lutherian or catholic will agree with you.

Depending on the forum, the "example" you wrote above could cause a big arguement, we would be having the 16th century all over again, the presentation of the "example" is another.

I could have fun poking your example full of holes.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Ubenedictus(m): 3:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
Goshen360: Our theme for the 2014 Grace Convention is:

[size=20pt]Ephphatha - Be opened[/size]

King James Bible
And looking up to heaven, he sighed, and saith unto him, Ephphatha, that is, Be opened.
Mark 7:34

Acts 26:17-18 Amplified Bible (AMP)

17 [a]Choosing you out [selecting you for Myself] and [b]delivering you from among this [Jewish] people and the Gentiles to whom I am sending you—18 To open their eyes that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may thus receive forgiveness and release from their sins and a place and portion among those who are consecrated and purified by faith in Me.

God, helping us, this will be the central focus of our topics and teachers.

You're all blessed

correct me if i am wrong, but from where i am siting the topic is justification. Transfer from darkness to light by faith, plus forgiveness and purification.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Goshen360(m): 3:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ubenedictus:

correct me if i am wrong, but from where i am siting the topic is justification. Transfer from darkness to light by faith, plus forgiveness and purification.

It's just a general theme. We should have suggested topics relating to what you mentioned above.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Goshen360(m): 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
I will like us to suggest how many speakers we want to have, in relation to how many days and that will determine how many topics we base teachings on.

I suggest we do 3 days, 3 sessions each day (morning, noon and evening) and that makes 9 teachers. This is my suggestion.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
Goshen360: I will like us to suggest how many speakers we want to have, in relation to how many days and that will determine how many topics we base teachings on.

I suggest we do 3 days, 3 sessions each day (morning, noon and evening) and that makes 9 teachers. This is my suggestion.

It's fine with me Goshen

The arrangement I suggested for choosing speakers, ie highest numbers of likes, is it fine with you?

Also, I have a feeling we should also come up with the topics. Leaving it to the audience might make it too open ended and we may not arrive at destination any time soon.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Goshen360(m): 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
DrummaBoy:

It's fine with me Goshen

The arrangement I suggested for choosing speakers, ie highest numbers of likes, is it fine with you?

Also, I have a feeling we should also come up with the topics. Leaving it to the audience might make it too open ended and we may not arrive at destination any time soon.

As for the number of likes, I think people can just login and click like for anybody without us knowing who's clicking like for who even though all of the suggested speakers are our choices but we want to know who nominates who and who. That's just my opinion\suggestion.

As per the topics, I think we should have contributed or suggested topics from audience and work with it but if none, we can do topics to the 9 teachers, one topic for each.

In all, let wait one or two days more and get more contributions and see how we go from there.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Tgirl4real(f): 6:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
Goshen360: I will like us to suggest how many speakers we want to have, in relation to how many days and that will determine how many topics we base teachings on.

Sounds good.

@ Theme:

Thank God I dropped out. I'm totally clueless. I don't understand a word of it. shocked tongue
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Tgirl4real(f): 6:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ubenedictus:

Illumination is coming gradually. smiley
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Goshen360(m): 7:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
Tgirl4real:

Sounds good.

@ Theme:

Thank God I dropped out. I'm totally clueless. I don't understand a word of it. shocked tongue

You sef, na wah for you joor. Longest time. I know forget that stuff from that thread I promised o. Just a little demand from me from families for now but I should be good this coming month.

Concerning the theme, it's just a general theme but different topics will come up under it. It just mean, the teachers by the Spirit will be teaching to OPEN the eyes of them that sit in darkness THANSFERING them (audience) from darkness unto the glorious light of the gospel of Grace.

As simple as that. Lolz wink
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 9:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
Goshen360:

As for the number of likes, I think people can just login and click like for anybody without us knowing who's clicking like for who even though all of the suggested speakers are our choices but we want to know who nominates who and who. That's just my opinion\suggestion.

I don't get you Goshen. Are you saying it won't work?

OK. maybe folks can nominate who they want to listen to and the nine with highest frequency carry the day.

But I still think you should begins to work on the topics sha
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Candour(m): 9:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
@Goshen and DrummaBoy, I will suggest you start with those who have indicated interest already. I think yooguyz, ihedinobi and anony have indicated interest.

Then we the audience can be allowed to nominate others. If they accept then they are included. If we get more acceptance of nominations than needed, then you can fashion a way of trimming the number down or accommodating the speakers with extra days and topics.

As soon as you signal, I'll get in my own nominations.

Cheers and weldone.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
Candour: @Goshen and DrummaBoy, I will suggest you start with those who have indicated interest already. I think yooguyz, ihedinobi and anony have indicated interest.

Then we the audience can be allowed to nominate others. If they accept then they are included. If we get more acceptance of nominations than needed, then you can fashion a way of trimming the number down or accommodating the speakers with extra days and topics.

Cheers and weldone.

Sounds fine to me.

Over to Goshen; what do you think?
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Goshen360(m): 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
DrummaBoy:

I don't get you Goshen. Are you saying it won't work?

OK. maybe folks can nominate who they want to listen to and the nine with highest frequency carry the day.

But I still think you should begins to work on the topics sha

I'm not saying it won't work. Actually, I will be easier and work perfectly but my concern is, we're not gonna know who clicked like on who unlike knowing by mentioning the nine people each moniker is nominating. For instance, if I'm to nominate 9 speakers from your updated list, I will verbally quote those 9 unlike me clicking for 9 people in disguised.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 9:55pm On Jul 27, 2014
Goshen360:

I'm not saying it won't work. Actually, I will be easier and work perfectly but my concern is, we're not gonna know who clicked like on who unlike knowing by mentioning the nine people each moniker is nominating. For instance, if I'm to nominate 9 speakers from your updated list, I will verbally quote those 9 unlike me clicking for 9 people in disguised.

OK.

I think it will be better to just nominate straight away.

When does nomination start?
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Ajibam: 9:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
How i wish I could present, but my name is not in the list smiley
Those you've chosen are great, I wish the organisers the best...
#greatly looking forward to it!
Shalom
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 10:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
Repeat
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 10:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ajibam: How i wish I could present, but my name is not in the list smiley
Those you've chosen are great, I wish the organisers the best...
#greatly looking forward to it!
Shalom

Your name is on the list now!!!

Thanks for the great work you did for us in the initial moments on the Tithe Discussion thread. Your moderating efforts have not been forgotten.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Goshen360(m): 10:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
Candour:

@Goshen and DrummaBoy, I will suggest you start with those who have indicated interest already. I think yooguyz, ihedinobi and anony have indicated interest.

Cheers and weldone.

Okay, I agree to the good suggestion.

Nominated for guest speaker at the 2014 Grace Convention for now are:

1. Yooguyz
2. Ihedinobi2
3. Anony

N.B: I suggest each audience can also nominate one but not more than two speakers.

So, we can then collectively select those with highest number of nominations, if we have more like Candour said, we either do more days and more topics or go by those who show interest because someone can be nominated but not interested
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Ajibam: 10:07pm On Jul 27, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Your name is on the list now!!!

Thanks for the great work you did for us in the initial moments on the Tithe Discussion thread. Your moderating efforts have not been forgotten.
Thanks be to God sir.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Goshen360(m): 10:16pm On Jul 27, 2014
DrummaBoy:

OK.

I think it will be better to just nominate straight away.

When does nomination start?

It's started already. We begin automatically with the 3 people who showed interest,

Goshen360:

1. Yooguyz
2. Ihedinobi2
3. Anony1

And CONTINUE....

Goshen360:

N.B: I suggest each audience can also nominate one but not more than two speakers.

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by alexleo(m): 10:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Actually, we are not after listening to Pastors. Its ordinary church people like you we want to hear from. I am not an ordained pastor too.

Thanks bro. I prefer to be contributing. That's where I know I can fit in. God bless you.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Tgirl4real(f): 10:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
Goshen360:

You sef, na wah for you joor. Longest time. I know forget that stuff from that thread I promised o. Just a little demand from me from families for now but I should be good this coming month.

Concerning the theme, it's just a general theme but different topics will come up under it. It just mean, the teachers by the Spirit will be teaching to OPEN the eyes of them that sit in darkness THANSFERING them (audience) from darkness unto the glorious light of the gospel of Grace.

As simple as that. Lolz wink

U mean it's that simple?! Lol

How are u too sir? OK o. I go dey expect. grin

@ Drummerboy,

May be we should nominate or vote instead of likes.

I would like to nominate Candour, Enigma and Anony1 (hope I got it right). Ermm... Don't we have female posters in this section? undecided
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Tgirl4real(f): 10:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
Goshen360:

Okay, I agree to the good suggestion.

1. Yooguyz
2. Ihedinobi2
3. Anony

So, we can then collectively select those with highest number of nominations, if we have more like Candour said, we either do more days and more topics or go by those who show interest because someone can be nominated but not interested

I didn't see this b4 posting. Ermm...if u can nominate 3, why can't we nominate 3. tongue

I have nominated 3 already jor. smiley

The people with the highest nominations will present. May be 6 ppl sha.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 10:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
Tgirl4real:

@ Drummerboy,

May be we should nominate or vote instead of likes.

I would like to nominate Candour, Enigma and Anony1 (hope I got it right). Ermm... Don't we have female posters in this section? undecided

The nominations takes the day.

Em, Goshen, I go with T-Mama.

Three nominations I beg.

I send my nominees tommorow.

Na secretary go suffer for collating. lol.

Who be our secretary sef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Adeboye Calls For The Release Of Leah Sharibu From Boko Haram Terrorists / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today / Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.