Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE (25232 Views)

The first 5 things guys look at withing the first 50 secs. Of Meeting a lady / The First 5 Things Ladies Look At Within The First 50 Seconds Of Meeting A Guy / Man Needs Advice After Falling In Love With A Prostitute (Snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Infinate: 10:01am On Jul 25, 2014
All of you have sin and gon shut of Gods glory how? By Idlotry. God is ominipresence and can never be in boundry of dedomination. So by beliveing in one group to be superior while others are inferior is ldoletrey. You have limited Gods power to a particular group
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Cecediva(f): 10:02am On Jul 25, 2014
CFCfan:
Like sexkillz and Ogugua
Are they married?
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by olahero(m): 10:03am On Jul 25, 2014
2sExy1: and I say Christians are divided!

YES... MUSLIM IS ALSO, THE MESSENGER OF ALLAH HAS SAID THAT, A TIME WILL COME WHEN JEW WILL DEVIDED INTO 71 SECT, CHRISTIAN 72 WHILE MUSLIM 73 AND ALL OF THEM WILL BE IN HELL FIRE EXCEPT EACH EACH ONE OF THEM, THOSE WHO ARE RIGHTLY GUIDED.

1 Like

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by dmcdad: 10:04am On Jul 25, 2014
alextayo: I met one sweet pretty lady here last year. We were actually planning to settle down when irreconcilable differences about religious belief reared its ugly head. I am a conservative Catholic (and can NEVER change for any denomination) while she is Pentecostal. She wants me to meet her pastor for courtship approval which i dont really subscribe to but intend to do since a lady has right over wedding plans. Then then took things further by declaring that

1) she wont attend my church after wedding because she is also an active member in her Pentecostal church

2) I will leave my Catholic faith and join her church because she wants her husband to support her future calling. (future calling my ass)

3)lastly she wants the kids to also attend her church.

How can I, a staunch catholic, Choirmaster and Organist be going west and my family will be going east on sunday to worship God...the family that prays together stays together.....that the end of our story
That's all! I am with you bruv...

1 Like

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 25, 2014
Cecediva: Are they married?
Not yet. They are still boyfriend and girlfriend.
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by klins4213(m): 10:07am On Jul 25, 2014
Oboy you make sense die...now i see ppu that think like me o...evn ma sister a catholic is getn married 2 a winner member,the love dey make me jealous sef...i wish ppu can see beyond religion,crisis in relationship and marriages will b less...

zicoraads: 2sExy1...u couldn't have said it better, I am Christian, proudly, but the truth is, this religion is the most divided ever. Too many denominations and 'sects'.

The truth is, this baseless issue of 'I am this or that' in my church has left plenty girls single uptil the age of 30 and still counting. Personally I feel if two people actually love each other, church affiliation shouldn't even be an issue.

In the days of old, when a lady leaves her parents to her husband, everything of his' becomes her's. His name, where he worships and the lots. My dad is an elder in my church, an old and respected one for that matter. But we'll be going for my sister's white wedding in Sept, in a catholic church. He will be steping his foot in a catholic church for the first ttime.

This is what he always tells us, 'as long as the person is not a muslim, by all means, marry him and attend his church, after everthing, we are only running our own personal race'. And if as a guy my wife-to-be feels a certain degree of reluctance to join me where I worship, I would suggest that we both leave our churches to another church, a difft one entirely that we choose. But if she still insists on staying put, then am off. She never loved me in the first place.

OP...truly sorry for derailing ur thread. But as to ur question, the answer is yes. Love is everywhere.
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Cecediva(f): 10:12am On Jul 25, 2014
CFCfan:
Not yet. They are still boyfriend and girlfriend.
OK... cool
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Itoroetti(m): 10:13am On Jul 25, 2014
2sExy1: isn't obvious that the christians are divided when compared to their muslim counterparts?

In the end, both of you will pray "In the name of Jesus" right?

Where is the love... This where I like muslims

Rubbish!

I don vex...

I wan propose to Mzmariah and she is free to go on with her Catholic faith. The kids can make their decisions when they come of age and no one will force them.

how often do u see yoruba muslims marrying hausas muslim?
how often do u see igbira muslims marrying fulani/hausas muslims?
or aint u aware of d fact dat an hausa muslim can never attend a mosque dat a yoruba man is d imam/alfa/sheikh?

2 Likes

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Harmvirus(f): 10:14am On Jul 25, 2014
@op it is possible.. You can find love anywhere
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Burger01(m): 10:16am On Jul 25, 2014
Me, I just met a Nlander and I'm falling in love with her yakata. She possesses all the gaits, skills, intellects, beauty, mien, nyash..and all i ever desired in a woman. Haters get wet and hug transformer. tongue

1 Like

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 25, 2014
lasheez: Guys am just wondering if anyone has actually met a Nairalander,they've had a relationship with and possibly married.Is this really pissible? shocked

yes... I ve met one and he is indeed lovely, we are having a good relationship on till date. Though we aren't married yet, we are very much confident in the Love we share. (@ My Prince.. Did I just say Ur mind...*reply through call*).
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by fydence: 10:22am On Jul 25, 2014
Hmmm..Maybe its tym I met a female on nairaland...bt not for marriage things sha
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by newacca: 10:23am On Jul 25, 2014
2sExy1: isn't obvious that the christians are divided when compared to their muslim counterparts?

Rubbish!

I don vex...

I wan propose to Mzmariah and she is free to go on with her Catholic faith. The kids can make their decisions when they come of age and no one will force them.
And I tell you,this is what happens when we adopt these foreign religions and abandon our traditional belief.
Before the presence of the colonial masters and Arabs, we have our way of worship and we have our tradition. The same able God ( Olorun,olodumare,Chineke,orisaoke,Oluorun) that we've all known before their arrival is what they brought again in different style and version.

They made us believe our ways were wrong, now see their ways. sad

1 Like

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by berbs113(f): 10:23am On Jul 25, 2014

Rubbish!

I don vex...

Everyone has got his or her belief and choices in life... I won't go to another church while my family attend somewhere else for service. Fine its d same God but we need to stay together in unity.
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by AdeniyiA(m): 10:24am On Jul 25, 2014

Rubbish!

I don vex...

Thumbs up bro, u spoke my mind angry
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Ivanspring(f): 10:25am On Jul 25, 2014
It is possible to find love here. However, its going to take more than your five physical senses to perceive all the personal baggage that most definitely will be kept from you.

3 Likes

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 25, 2014
softsparkyy:
lynpetra it's been long.

i dey o my sister.
been having terrible days.But am getting cool.
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by vitality22(m): 10:27am On Jul 25, 2014
alextayo:

It is easier said than done.....

love has nothing to do with religious beliefs and affiliation. If you close your eyes to these things all because of love, it will affect your happiness in the nearest future. salient issues needs to be straightened out before even venturing into proper wedding arrangement.

I ask you, who will baptize the kids, which early religious training will the children have: catechism class or Sunday school, whom will the children follow to church on Sundays.

Do you think i will sheepishly allow my children to be baptized in a doctrine other than my catholic faith, do you think i will foolishly allow my children to be indoctrinated in the Pentecostal belief?

No matter how lovely the union may be, at a point in time, we will or may become irritated with each others religious beliefs. Issues like praying in tongues, night vigil, your wife denying you of intimacy because she is in a fasting period prescribed by her church in which you are obviously not in support.

Once you cannot reconcile your religious belief with your lady, its better you let her go rather than live in a marriage laden with religious conflicts
God will bless you, i had the same problem. She is a member of Living faith church, while am a staunch catholic. I accepted that the wedding will take place in her church but that we will all go back to catholic church, she accepted initially. After about 2 weeks, she came with another story that she will never go to catholic church and that our kids will not go to catholic church. I had to call the relationship off. I stopped seing her for almost 2 months.
She later came begging after 2 months and before then, I had made up my mind that I will never marry her again. she even wanted us to do the wedding in the catholic church but unfortunately, i lost interest in her for taking me for a ride. She still sends me sms till today but not in this life time will I marry a non catholic. My mind is made up.

4 Likes

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 25, 2014

Rubbish!

I don vex...

Oh, nah the trend.

Nah so I wan propose to banega too..
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by popson1st: 10:32am On Jul 25, 2014
See what religion has turned my people to? The thread is to discuss Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In Love but the comments I am reading so far is out of the way. Oh Jah, save my people from the hands of those that has turned religion to something else. I shake my head for us..

3 Likes

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by mkoabiola: 10:35am On Jul 25, 2014
Itoroetti:

how often do u see yoruba muslims marrying hausas muslim?
how often do u see igbira muslims marrying fulani/hausas muslims?
or aint u aware of d fact dat an hausa muslim can never attend a mosque dat a yoruba man is d imam/alfa/sheikh?
Say wat u knw,dnt write or think wat u dnt knw.
Dey marry each other,igbira/kabba/hausas/yoruba,
Dere is no discrimination among d muslims.
Go to jumat service and u will see hausa worship in a msoque where yoruba is d imam.
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by mikanju: 10:36am On Jul 25, 2014
Really? I dunno there is love on nairaland.Let me ask google shocked shocked shocked
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 25, 2014
alextayo:

It is easier said than done.....

love has nothing to do with religious beliefs and affiliation. If you close your eyes to these things all because of love, it will affect your happiness in the nearest future. salient issues needs to be straightened out before even venturing into proper wedding arrangement.

I ask you, who will baptize the kids, which early religious training will the children have: catechism class or Sunday school, whom will the children follow to church on Sundays.

Do you think i will sheepishly allow my children to be baptized in a doctrine other than my catholic faith, do you think i will foolishly allow my children to be indoctrinated in the Pentecostal belief?

No matter how lovely the union may be, at a point in time, we will or may become irritated with each others religious beliefs. Issues like praying in tongues, night vigil, your wife denying you of intimacy because she is in a fasting period prescribed by her church in which you are obviously not in support.

Once you cannot reconcile your religious belief with your lady, its better you let her go rather than live in a marriage laden with religious conflicts

Guy, you get problem oo.

Is making heaven your aim or Catholicism and Pentecostalism ?

People leave the crux and start pursuing the fleece.

It is not a big deal you guys separated, let it rest..

1 Like

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Handsomeemmy(m): 10:38am On Jul 25, 2014
Everything is possible to HIM/HER that believe.

1 Like

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by einsteino(m): 10:39am On Jul 25, 2014

Rubbish!

I don vex...

dont decieve yourself o! the kids never make their decision, we and the society influence their decision. many of us are christains cos we were born into christain homes and somehow the society allowed us to stay as christains. inshort many people have no defense for their faith other than they were born Pentecostals, catholics, muslims e.t.c

i can manage to marry an atheist but will never ever marry a religious fanatic even if we are of the same faith. i hate people who defend gullibility in the name of faith, swallow bullshit just cos its coming from a man standing at a pulpit. i have ditched many chicks all because i have found too many "my pastor said..." in their sentences. they can go and marry their pastors.

2 Likes

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by passionate88: 10:40am On Jul 25, 2014
pasqal09: With the way NL ladies form?
That'll be a miracle if it should happen
Big miracle
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Missmossy(f): 10:42am On Jul 25, 2014
Hmmmmm.....it happens anyway.
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 25, 2014
There are conditions that will make relationships here work. The major one i have noticed is that one of the parties must be a very low key nairalander.
No two very active handle makes it, the gossips here wont allow them.
Am talking from experience.

2 Likes

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by MizMyColi(f): 10:42am On Jul 25, 2014
7 pages gone and I haven't seen a positive testimony undecided undecided

Maybe they're being shy angry

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by myspnigeria: 10:44am On Jul 25, 2014
still new here so I haven't met anyone yet
Re: Meeting A Nairalander And Falling In LOVE by Creamish(f): 10:46am On Jul 25, 2014
softsparkyy: Who says you can't find love here?

Ud be lucky if u do. Not doubting tho...anything can happen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

“I Got My Mum Pregnant – I’m Confused” / 5 Reasons Why People Claim They Love You But End Up Settling With Someone Else / Funny Facts About Girls/women....(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.