Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Ebola Virus Hits Lagos - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Virus Hits Lagos (66259 Views)

Febrile Rash Illnesses Hits Lagos Community, 20 Killed So Far / Bitter Kola As Cure For The Deadly Ebola Virus? / What We Need To Know About Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by adamskutty(m): 11:29pm On Jul 24, 2014
BluIvy:

I stay in South Africa, it is also my home. And by the way there's not much interaction between Nigeria and Botswana.
whatever , anyway I got a question to ask, are u pretty? grin

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
MzMariah: Nahhhh.......I'm not in Lagos and I'm not going back to Lagos but you are in Lagos cheesy cheesy Lord have mercy tongue
further
indicating that Ebola relies on
NPC1 to enter cells. This might
imply that genetic mutations in
the NPC1 gene in humans could
make some people resistant to
one of the deadliest known
viruses affecting humans.
source: Wikipedia
so im resistant to it grin

besides where is our tread?
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Ochiz(f): 11:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
Children please!!! It only takes one person to bring d virus to Abuja Kaduna Zaria Enugu Aba....do I need to go on?For those of you threatening to pull their parents outta 9ja,what of Ur friends? Ur favourite cousin? You taking them too? Population reduction can start from a certain persons dormot cheesy. As strange as this might be to the folks here,I love Nigeria,flaws and all.
So,Ebola dearest get the hell outta my country.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by poweredcom(m): 11:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ebola virus ...hiss I tink say na bomb hit lagos sef....
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by IzyLuv(f): 11:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
otokx: How did he get into Nigeria?

We have poor quarantine measures... we give out Visa's like pure water...dats if one needs visa to enter Nigeria seff..

Just trying entering Australia without certificate to prove ur vaccination against yellow fever... esp if u are from a YW declared zone... even if u spent 1 day in that area...

This ones knew the Liberian was working in an EVD endemic zone and they let him in... he shld hve been quarantined before he step foot on our soil...

#Yeye pple... angry

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
This ebola saga makes me remember Robin cooks's 'outbreak'. #goose pimples#
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Ezemust: 11:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
Bt i injected an ebola patient 2day
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by cirmuell(m): 11:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
GameGuyPH:

"go and die" grin
grin SMH 4 U
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by daveP(m): 11:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ochiz: This is much more serious than BokoHaram and its not an issue to be laughed off or waved away. If this is true then it must be contained,everybody that man has come in contact with since entering Nigeria and everybody those people has also come in contact with has to be quarantined and tested (hope U r beginning to appreciate the seriousness and the urgency of the whole matter) For once,we much leave issues of North,South and East be hide and face this....this deadly trial;our survival(individual and collective)depends on it.
P:S....I'm the new kid on this block and this is my first (but not last) post.
welcome to NL! smiley
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Cmanforall: 12:01am On Jul 25, 2014
himkers: the man should be deported asap; and I thought we have quarantine services dept at the airport?? Weren't they doing their job?? This is ridiculus

You made a point with ds 'quarantine services at the airport'. It would have been understandable if na Fulani peson carry am enta 9ja... Or all these niger republic people trekking across our borders without even knowing. But for someone that passed through our Airport? Smh... That's 9ja for you...
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by daveP(m): 12:03am On Jul 25, 2014
himkers: the man should be deported asap; and I thought we have quarantine services dept at the airport?? Weren't they doing their job?? This is ridiculus
i trust them,they'l economize it all and tag fellows to make cash.they dont care much.but i do hope they wake from this slumber.must it get here before the prepare?
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 25, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: why arn't you?. You want to use herbs to cure it abi Sorry there is no cure for it grin we'll die in our love.
Lol.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by prettyprettywow: 12:21am On Jul 25, 2014
very thoughtful of you. All hand must be on deck to fight this killer virus.
proffemi:

Correct.

Suggestion: Can we ask Seun to create a sticky on Nairaland front page with information on (a)symptoms+what to lookout for (b) preventive measures + suggested lifestyle adjustments?

I hope doctors in the house will volunteer to help with the write-up. If none does, I will be happy to generate it.

Can I also suggest that Seun and others here who manage sites try to start a chain where every Nigerian blog and site also carries such a sticky on their home page?

I also encourage everyone who has a social network page to consider linking to such a short, quick source of info on what to look out for, and what to do.

We may not be doctors, but we can kick this thing's butt!

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by sexzskil(f): 12:45am On Jul 25, 2014
Since ebola has break out in Naija i'll stop selling my br*easts henceforth!

Africa may not survive into the next century with d way things are going
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by GameGuyPH: 1:05am On Jul 25, 2014
cirmuell: grin SMH 4 U

I thought you were #done?
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by WinkWrld: 2:19am On Jul 25, 2014
This guy obviously flew in a plane. His documents exchanged hands with airport officials. He sat at the airport waiting room, on a chair, he went into the plane and placed his box in the compartment , he prob used the rest room where is a common area, he sat next to someone in a flight not less than 1hr. His briefcase was prob carried in hurry by one of our airport taxis or a company driver. So as to his hotel room and or allocated house. There has been so many chance of the virus spreading. Pls lets pray and hope that no connection of the virus whatsoever was made between him and all the people he associated with. God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by blazincruz(m): 2:31am On Jul 25, 2014
Have they tested dat runs babe I'm sleep wt last night??
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by pretydiva(f): 3:34am On Jul 25, 2014
Catered4: My mum is an Occupational Therapist at Luth. She said the first case of the Ebola virus was confirmed at the First Consultant Hospital Obalende. A Liberian who came into the country a few days ago and the Liberian has since been contained.
pls did she say d man was down wit d virus? Thanks
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 3:37am On Jul 25, 2014
[quote author=pretydiva]pls did she say d man was down wit d virus? Thanks

I'm afraid YES.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by pretydiva(f): 3:45am On Jul 25, 2014
[quote author=Catered4][/quote]oh gracious..now m scared more than ever b4
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by CodedTobx(m): 3:55am On Jul 25, 2014
Go back to where you coming from Ebola or whatsoever you called

Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 5:12am On Jul 25, 2014
Oh my God...the implications are VERY SCARY.

Everyone the patient has come in contact with should also be quarantined.
Health workers have to be extremely careful, touching infected patients and samples and then going home to your kids and family members is one very effective and important route of spread.

We already have enough troubles in Nigeria.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 5:18am On Jul 25, 2014
The pragmatic thing to do is to lock down our borders for at least 1 week.

Chai...life just got harder for Nigerians.
Many countries could as well shut their doors to Nigerians.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by cirmuell(m): 6:30am On Jul 25, 2014
If it's in Lagos, I'm afraid it in the whole of Nigeria already. sad
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by donodion(m): 7:01am On Jul 25, 2014
Catered4: My mum is an Occupational Therapist at Luth. She said the first case of the Ebola virus was confirmed at the First Consultant Hospital Obalende. A Liberian who came into the country a few days ago and the Liberian has since been contained.
NIGERIANS!!!! STOP!!!!!READ THIS.POSTERS COMMENT FOR CHRIST SAKE.

THE NEWS WHICH STATED CLEARLY THE MAN WAS NOT EVEN iN CONTACT WITH ANYONE WITH THE VIRUS NOR CONTRACTED THE VIRUS IS ALREADY ON PUNCH NEWS.
THE MAN WAS QUARANTINED ALREADY BEFORE SOMEONE BLEW THE WHISTLE.FOR GOD SAKE HES NOT EVEN SICK OF THE DISEASE.AH HA!!!!!!!!!
DONT DIE OF PANIC ATTACK AS ITS OBVIOUS NO NIGERIAN WANTS TO DIE BUT ALL OF THEM WANTS TO MAKE HEAVEN!!!!! grin
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by zeongeon: 8:38am On Jul 25, 2014
I may be wrong but Why do I have feeling that this ebola virus is engineered (bioweapon/bioharzard)..why is it that all the deadly virus ravage black africa most times? Look at aids/hiv though its all over the world as they claim but why is it ravaging the black population and africa the most.

Well God help us because medical advice and safety instructions have limited protection but the divine protection from God is ultimate.

I hope the virus in d World War Z movie won't be next in line..for at times some of them movies paSs messages to d world indirectly.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 25, 2014
zeongeon: I may be wrong but Why do I have feeling that this ebola virus is engineered (bioweapon/bioharzard)..why is it that all the deadly virus ravage black africa most times? Look at aids/hiv though its all over the world as they claim but why is it ravaging the black population and africa the most.
Well God help us because medical advice and safety instructions have limited protection but the divine protection from God is ultimate.
I hope the virus in d World War Z movie won't be next in line..for at times some of them movies paSs messages to d world indirectly.

You are asking for God's help. 50year on that old fart has not answered Nigeria's call and you think he would care to take his bushy white hair outta his arse to intervene in an Ebola outbreak..smh. where is that amala man of God who is always proclaiming a new month of miracles favour and bloody lies
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by nora544: 9:00am On Jul 25, 2014
Read on the website of doctors without border whoi work with ebola and when they get the right treatment all will be okay!!!!

Why I didnot hear about the last colera disease in Nigeria, also doctors without borders work in nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by talk2cj08(m): 9:05am On Jul 25, 2014
Famouspecky: O lord I pray it doesn't reach northern Nigeria too,we already have issues of our own kind of Ebola ooo.
babe u look beautiful
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by zeongeon: 9:09am On Jul 25, 2014
voltron:

You are asking for God's help. 50year on that old fart has not answered Nigeria's call and you think he would care to take his bushy white hair outta his arse to intervene in an Ebola outbreak..smh. where is that amala man of God who is always proclaiming a new month of miracles favour and bloody lies
Mr man even with the WHO help,medical advise and safety precautions pple are still contracting ebola and just because u haven't contracted it doesn't mean u can't contract it after all u opening doors, use stair and escalator railings, shake/ hug pple, eat, drink water and all manner of things that can expose u to d virus. So rather than say rubbish I think its better u keep shut and find a solution or follow safety precautions while hoping u don't contract d virus.
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 25, 2014
zeongeon: Mr man even with the WHO help,medical advise and safety precautions pple are still contracting ebola and just because u haven't contracted it doesn't mean u can't contract it after all u opening doors, use stair and escalator railings, shake/ hug pple, eat, drink water and all manner of things that can expose u to d virus. So rather than say rubbish I think its better u keep shut and find a solution or follow safety precautions while hoping u don't contract d virus.

shuttin the Bleep up sir..
Re: Ebola Virus Hits Lagos by AGideon(m): 9:28am On Jul 25, 2014
Lord God in heaven, please deliver this country from the plague of boko haram, ebola virus, and other challenges confronting this country!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Somebody Help What Is Happening To My Little Brother / Lose Weight Without Starving Yourself With These Nigerian Herbs / COVID-19: WHO Says Madagascar's Herbal Tonic Not A Cure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.