Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun (27261 Views)

REVEALED: Presidency Doubts PDP National Chairman’s Loyalty / Presidency Doubts Mu’azu’s Loyalty –punch Investigation / FG Doubts Sanusi’s Withdrawal Of Suspension Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Missy89(f): 3:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
shymexx:

I don't think they're arrogant. They just have that "it" factor that others lack. Perhaps that has more to do with being raised around the consciousness of Yoruba political infrastructure. Also, you can't negate the street-smartness that comes with people raised in a city like Lagos. It's just like how Londoners always dominate UK politics. I'll call it supreme confidence and that comes with the territory. tongue

Yes, equal partners on paper - however someone has to take the lead. And that's where you lot need to allow Lagos politicians take the initiative.

Honestly, I believe Ondo has just the same potentials as Ogun, Oyo, and Osun. And the offshore oil is what's probably getting into the people's heads. Once you take that out, the state is basically on the same level as every other Yoruba state.

Also, bear in mind that Lagos has arguably the largest coastline in the country, with so much untapped potentials - especially in the gulf of Guinea. Hence you lot need to follow the top don's lead. jk

Anyway, Lagos has been the melting point of all Yoruba's since the 19th century and it shaped the consciousness of today's Yoruba's. Anything Lagos doesn't belong to just one subgroup of Yoruba, it's Yoruba commonwealth. So I don't see why people have a problem with the place taking the lead, to be honest.

The oil is not even relevant in Ondo. there are far more resources there apart from that. they have the biggest Cocoa industry in the country (61% of the entire county's cocoa) , clean coastline for fishing(biggest fishing and seafood area/industry in the country),huge bitumen deposit(one of the largest in the world),largest sand deposit for glass, big timber/ceramic industry, Largest rubber producer. the list is pretty much endless.

If you check the dubious "DAWN" agenda document, Ondo was designated as the SW hub for its minerals,agricultural produce and gas and there was just a vague section about the oil. 80% of ondo's GDP is based on Agriculture. (there is no state as resource rich as ondo in Nigeria)

They just have this bad luck of having most of their technocrats and smart minds abroad or out of the state and they don't go home often to develop the place. so there are nonentities in charge.
If their intellectuals go home and develop it, Lagos will be like Somalia in 10-15 years of hard work

The state population is small but it has more public schools than any other state! wink

Lagos elites can go eat poo. seems ondo people don't want Tinubu and thank goodness they are not the people u can force into any alliance. they are wired no to take the back seat in anything and will always refuse cheating. The street smart thing about lagos is just a myth thou. that was in the 50s-80s not anymore.

Vive la resistance! cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by alomeda600(m): 3:34pm On Jul 25, 2014
texaco1: To be honest with ourselves ,osun election can swing either way. But one thing is certain ,apc will still lose 2 or 3 more states in the forthcoming elections . One state which I am very sure of is oyo state,but ogun and osun will be a tough task for both parties .
Gbam!!! A realist has spoken....
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Mcweber(m): 3:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
Fayose gat street cred.
yea yea
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by bloodykiller: 3:44pm On Jul 25, 2014
Praktikals:
Your eye go soon clear.

i hope so
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Firefire(m): 3:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
bbello28: why do we av sheu sheu omi lonlo? Firefire is simply addled...grin

angry
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Abirisegun(m): 4:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
shymexx: Interesting.

It seems Ondo and Ekiti folks are the "Luciferians" and "Judas Iscariots" of Yorubaland.

I'm learning! cool

Where my Osun nyggahs - raphead, 0merta, superstar1, and 9jacrip at?
I dey here too o. I rep Aregbesola, I rep Ile-Ife, I rep Osun. Omisore can only win Ife Central local government (excluding the poling unit in my area) if he win pass 3 local government for Osun, Chai, chai, I go come back her come eat my vomit.
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by kalamayat: 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
saints2: This is what I called state of confusion. Omisore, your brother has spoken
I guess Oyinlola don't want to bear the burden of supporting a candidate that everyone knows the outcome of the election already. It's an uphill task for Omisore to unseat Aregbe in Osun state.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by GuyFawkes: 4:13pm On Jul 25, 2014
shymexx:

Obviously. They're not looking at the bigger picture and how whoever controls the state electioneering infrastructure, will have more leverage over the outcome of the presidential election. Simple maths.

They're betraying Yoruba interests, and with a divided house, I doubt the Yoruba's will be able to present a single bloc to fight for their interests. Also, it's going to make the regional agenda more difficult.

I don't care about APC - but since that's the only platform they've got. They ought to ride with that.

I agree,Ekiti folks can't turn around and start screaming bad governance and GEJ out when they willingly got into bed with him with that common thug Fayose.They've lost the moral authority.
The regional agenda would have to move on without Ekiti and Ondo,anyway they are already behind as it stands most especially Ekiti.
Ondo is just full of "natural resources" being hearing that stuff since forever and I don't know how far its brought them.
What if PDP loses at the federal level next year? I hope they face a backlash angry

1 Like

Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Missy89(f): 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
GuyFawkes:

I agree,Ekiti folks can't turn around and start screaming bad governance and GEJ out when they willingly got into bed with him with that common thug Fayose.They've lost the moral authority.
The regional agenda would have to move on without Ekiti and Ondo,anyway they are already behind as it stands most especially Ekiti.
Ondo is just full of "natural resources" being hearing that stuff since forever and I don't know how far its brought them.
What if PDP loses at the federal level next year? I hope they face a backlash angry

Ondo will NOT! be a part of any coalition that makes them a junior partner.
How exactly are they behind?
Good luck with the regional agenda. Ondo will be just fine cool

1 Like

Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Praktikals(m): 4:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
bloodykiller:

i hope so
I ll remind you
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by jakiedudu(m): 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
OEPHIUS: #Osun2014: “I don’t think Omisore can win”: Ekiti gov-elect Fayose doubts PDP’s ability to win Osun

For the forthcoming Osun governorship election scheduled for August 9th, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is relying on the momentum from the Ekiti election which held last month and in which it trounced the incumbent APC governor, Kayode Fayemi. However, the man who pulled off the victory on behalf of the party in Ekiti, Ayo Fayose, is not even convinced that his fellow party man, Iyiola Omisore, can pull off the same feat in Osun.

#Osun2014: http://www.thescoopng.com/osun2014-dont-think-omisore-can-win-ekiti-gov-elect-fayose-doubts-pdps-ability-win-osun/
I Smell Lies!
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by texaco1: 4:25pm On Jul 25, 2014
GuyFawkes:

you don't know anything about nigeria politics
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Akanbiedu(m): 4:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
Missy89:
The oil is not even relevant in Ondo. there are far more resources there apart from that. they have the biggest Cocoa industry in the country (61% of the entire county's cocoa) , clean coastline for fishing(biggest fishing and seafood area/industry in the country),huge bitumen deposit(one of the largest in the world),largest sand deposit for glass, big timber/ceramic industry, Largest rubber producer. the list is pretty much endless.
If you check the dubious "DAWN" agenda document, Ondo was designated as the SW hub for its minerals,agricultural produce and gas and there was just a vague section about the oil. 80% of ondo's GDP is based on Agriculture. (there is no state as resource rich as ondo in Nigeria)
They just have this bad luck of having most of their technocrats and smart minds abroad or out of the state and they don't go home often to develop the place. so there are nonentities in charge.
If their intellectuals go home and develop it, Lagos will be like Somalia in 10-15 years of hard work
The state population is small but it has more public schools than any other state! wink
Lagos elites can go eat poo. seems ondo people don't want Tinubu and thank goodness they are not the people u can force into any alliance. they are wired no to take the back seat in anything and will always refuse cheating. The street smart thing about lagos is just a myth thou. that was in the 50s-80s not anymore.
Vive la resistance! cool cool

With the way they are going, they will always be at the back.

By the time Lagos starts reaping from the fruits being sowed now, the Ondo(and Ekiti are same) elites will start complaining of being marginalized by other Yorubas again.
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Missy89(f): 4:34pm On Jul 25, 2014
Akanbiedu:

With the way they are going, they will always be at the back.

By the time Lagos starts reaping from the fruits being sowed now, the Ondo(and Ekiti are same) elites will start complaining of being marginalized by other Yorubas again.

what fruit is that? pseudo development lead by a gang of thieves and liars?
Maybe if they are so keen about Regional development they wont align the party with another region and ruin it?
The main agenda of APC is no longer south west integration now is it Federal power.
If they want regional integration they would stick to the script, solidify their grip in the 2015 elections and then Ondo people will start taking them serious.

Greed as killed the idea. now we need to build another political establishment from the ground up. Tinubu as failed to deliver.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by jakiedudu(m): 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
lawyer: That is a Very silly and insensitive thing for Fayose to say and it just shows how ungrateful and classless he is. He belongs to Pdp and no matter how badly Omisore is performing through the Polls, his duty is to prop up his party's candidate till the elections are over. Win or lose he should propagate Omisore's chances of winning the election but if he is already conceding defeat for his own party candidate 2 weeks to the election, he should be probed for anti-party politics. If other Pdp candidates and stalwarts have shown the same kind of lukewarm attitude that he is oozing before the Ekiti Election, would he have won? Very Silly Ingrate.
Its unfortunate you have fallen for this cheap lying propaganda by APC E-Vultures.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by GuyFawkes: 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
Missy89:

Ondo will NOT! be a part of any coalition that makes them a junior partner.
How exactly are they behind?
Good luck with the regional agenda. Ondo will be just fine cool

Common smiley assuming you join a firm now do you become a partner overnight?
Lagos is the president of the firm
Oyo and Ogun are senior partners
Osun is a junior partner as it stands now.
Ekiti is inconsequential (office manager) tongue
Ondo if it joins can aspire to be a jnr partner grin
They'll have to bring something substantial to the table to be taking seriously.
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by GuyFawkes: 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
texaco1: you don't know anything about nigeria politics

and what do you know? undecided
Can't remember seeking your opinion
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by shevy45(m): 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
MICRO SPEED TECHNOLOGY CONCEPT LIMITED

A carport is an open-sided shelter for an automotive vehicle, usually
formed by a roof projecting from a building. Your vehicle is your
investment; you don't want to let the elements destroy the paint job.
A carport is a possible solution, made of metal-most often aluminum or
steel. Carport protect vehicles from rain and sunlight. It blocks as
much as 98% uv rays from the sun and its waterproof. At the same time
because they are just frame and covering, they have an open feel. It’s
also more economical to build a carport than it is to build an
addition to a garage.
SIZES:
We have three standard sizes.
•               7.5 x 5 m which can contain three cars.
• 5 x 5 m which can contain two cars.
• 5 x 3 m which can contain one car
(1)3meters X 5meters (single) - 1car-N120, 000

(2)5meters X 5meters (double)- 2cars-N170,000

(3)7meters X 5meters(triple)- 3cars-N200,000.

• If you are looking for the best carports construction company in
Lagos, Nigeria, then you are in the right place. There is one carports
construction and Installation Company in Nigeria that installs and
maintains all forms of car shades or motor/vehicle shades. Micro-Speed
Technology Concept Limited. Whether you want a single carport or a
double carport or a triple Carport, Micro-Speed Technology Concept
is based in Lagos State. Micro-Speed Technology Concept will offer you
an extensive array of standard features and customization options for
size, roof, door style, & color. Our carports are ideal for protecting
your car and assets, because they are the modern day garage that can
be installed in just one day only.
• Carports are very convenient for your home improvements. They are
just what you need to give your home that simple yet modern finish.
•With a no mess installation, our carports are absolutely the best
for parking areas. Since our carports consist of of long lasting shade
materials that repels excess ultra violet rays, it offers you the best
shade experience.
•Micro-Speed Technology Concept carports are smart for work entrances
and reception areas. Therefore they are also perfect for
weather-facing areas.

Description
 Our shades protect and add aesthetics to your properties,
recreational centers, event centers, lounges, garden & sit-out. Our Carport Guarantees maximum protection from
UV rays, as much as 93 to 100% protection from inclement weather
conditions. We appraise ourselves to exceed all expectations and we
assure you the best standard. Call us today! A trial will convince
you.
Protect your homes, offices,   cars, playground, recreational centers,
relaxation centers & lounges etc with the best quality anti UV shades.
Our shades protect and add aesthetics to your properties, recreational
centers, event centers, lounges, patio, garden, sit-outs, etc.

HERE ARE OUR VARIETIES OF OTHER METAL WORKS & FABRICATION
GSM Shelter & Tower Erection.

Contact Us Today @ No 51/52, Ogba, Ijaiye Road, Lagos, Nigeria. (Nosah Hall,
The Plaza Beside UBA Bank)
MobIle Number:07063758840
BBM Pin:21D1C3A6
Email:akingbadeolusanya01@gmail.com
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by beetruth: 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
cant believe pple can be so blindly with these politicians. wonder y anyone wud want to vote aregbe who has blinded pple wit litle infrastructures without paying regularly pensioners their hard earned token or provided meaningful employments for youths for proper cash flow in town. change pple clamour for but at wot cost. now lagosian living on the island can see clearly wot the change at tax payers money as gotten them. yoy cant go out for daily biz without contributing at least N240 to N500 to tinubu n co yet u r taxed o. wonder how much dt will be at d end of the yr for each car dt passes. Yoruba eronu. it is well

1 Like

Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Missy89(f): 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
GuyFawkes:

Common smiley assuming you join a firm now do you become a partner overnight?
Lagos is the president of the firm
Oyo and Ogun are senior partners
Osun is a junior partner as it stands now.
Ekiti is inconsequential (office manager) tongue
Ondo if it joins can aspire to be a jnr partner grin
They'll have to bring something substantial to the table to be taking seriously.

something substantial?
Like i listed above, it terms of production and available resources to develop the whole region, Ondo state owns it all.
No equal partnership no deal cool
Besides, get your house in order first, then maybe they will talk.
finally, present a humble candidates that understand the place, not some twerp that thinks he can just win because of his party.

show them what you can offer. !
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
I can bet a million kobo that Aregbesola is going to win by a landslide.

The people of Osun just loves him

1 Like

Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Btruth: 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
lakpalakpa: The killer of Bola Ige cannot rule Osun State.

#BringBackBolaIge

grin grin grin grin
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Btruth: 5:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
lakpalakpa: The killer of Bola Ige cannot rule Osun State.

#BringBackBolaIge

grin grin grin grin
That is it. Omosore can only win that election if he come out to confess that he is the one that kill Bola Ige. I doubt if he can do that, if not, he should forget about the state house in Osun state. .......lol. Double wahala for dedii body....lol.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by mrfrosh: 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2014
uken73: He may be right. But publicly airing this personal view is a betrayal of his party and I'm sure PDP would not like this. If the PDP ends up winning, this would be mentioned by APC as part of reason to believe the election was rigged. I think he should have kept this to himself.

Well spoken man,the opposition will see this as a reason to believe the pdp manipulated d election,well spoken
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by GuyFawkes: 5:08pm On Jul 25, 2014
Missy89:

something substantial?
Like i listed above, it terms of production and available resources to develop the whole region, Ondo state owns it all.
No equal partnership no deal cool
Besides, get your house in order first, then maybe they will talk.
finally, present a humble candidates that understand the place, not some twerp that thinks he can just win because of his party.

show them what you can offer. !

I'm not and will never root for APC but that's what SW folks are sticking with so there's no other choice PDP has failed after 15 years.
Can ondo even explore and develop the resources that can develop the whole region?
You need the big boys or a serious federal government.
APC(then ACN) goofed by foistering Akeredolu on the Ondo electorates no doubt,but regardless of their choice Mimiko was always gonna be hard to dislodge from akure.Iroko does suit him.
Sooner than later Ondo will fall in line when he exits.
All this folks that turn their noses at Lagos people one must ask what are those plaves without Lagos?their people from Lagos and Ibadan contribute to the GDP than any IGR.
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by saints2(f): 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
kalamayat: I guess Oyinlola don't want to bear the burden of supporting a candidate that everyone knows the outcome of the election already. It's an uphill task for Omisore to unseat Aregbe in Osun state.

You spoke my mind, well said
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Missy89(f): 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
GuyFawkes:

I'm not and will never root for APC but that's what SW folks are sticking with so there's no other choice PDP has failed after 15 years.
Can ondo even explore and develop the resources that can develop the whole region?
You need the big boys or a serious federal government.
APC(then ACN) goofed by foistering Akeredolu on the Ondo electorates no doubt,but regardless of their choice Mimiko was always gonna be hard to dislodge from akure.Iroko does suit him.
Sooner than later Ondo will fall in line when he exits.
All this folks that turn their noses at Lagos people one must ask what are those plaves without Lagos?their people from Lagos and Ibadan contribute to the GDP than any IGR.

ABC APC ANC NAZI or whatever they call themselves wont win Ondo state! they probably wont even win in Oyo in 2015.
Integration under Tinubu is dead when he formed a bigger coalition before getting very comfortable in his region.
The goatee governor in Osun might win few weeks but that doesn't change anything.

I mentioned the problem with ondo state earlier. the development of the state depends of the attitude of its indigene in the diaspora (other states in Nigeria and majorly abroad). Might change soon!
Let the "big boys" develop their states first
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by IGBOSON1: 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
mcfarlin:

Moronic in what sense?

That they are trying their possible best to stall a killer from being osun state governor?

The stoopid PDP(people deceiving people) chieftains shielded omisore and his cohorts from being convicted for bola ige's murder

Be honest and stop thinking like a paid HACK (which you are)

What meaningful thing have PDP achieved since it assummed power in 1999?..

^^^I've been hearing of this 'killer' accusation a lot lately! Can anyone throw more light on this, and why he hasn't been tried and convicted inspite of the overwhelming evidence against him!
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by GuyFawkes: 5:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
Missy89:

ABC APC ANC NAZI or whatever they call themselves wont win Ondo state! they probably wont even win in Oyo in 2015.
Integration under Tinubu is dead when he formed a bigger coalition before getting very comfortable in his region.
The goatee governor in Osun might win few weeks but that doesn't change anything.

I mentioned the problem with ondo state earlier. the development of the state depends of the attitude of its indigene in the diaspora (other states in Nigeria and majorly abroad). Might change soon!
Let the "big boys" develop their states first

labour party will eventually be swallowed up by either the apc or pdp,mimiko is forming his alliance wisely right now he's in bed with pdp but i remember when he was fighting for his mandate at the tribunal he was frolicking with tinubu and his goons,and they funded his legal bills.
i guess somewhere along the line he refused to be subjugated by tinubu (can't blame him)
oyo has never given a governor 2 terms but i believe ajimobi will be a first.
the goatee fella will win no doubt but i remember when he won at the court of appeal a certain mimiko was beside him grinning from ear to ear grin
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by texaco1: 5:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
Btruth: That is it. Omosore can only win that election if he come out to confess that he is the one that kill Bola Ige. I doubt if he can do that, if not, he should forget about the state house in Osun state. .......lol. Double wahala for dedii body....lol.
bola ige murder is not a deciding factor , pdp is a strong party but omisore candidacy isn't strong,although things can swing ,but the issue is pdp doesn't seem to have a grassroot man and I think omisore was given the ticket as compensation for his efforts in osun pdp. If pdp had fielded another candidate believe me even aregbe would have been preparing his hand over notes by now. Pdp will not have much problem in oyo because there are many formidable candidates to choose from but I think osun case was the opposite

1 Like

Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Fishout(m): 6:14pm On Jul 25, 2014
Firefire:

grin

Fayose, respect yourself.

Anyway, I doubt this write up until I hear from you personally later in the day.

Viewers DON’T BE DECEIVED!

Aregbesola, CANNOT WIN THAT ELECTION, Under Free and Fair mode.
.you are enemy of progress but i will never blame u because u are not from osun.be expecting me on Aug 9 on ndlers by God's grace.sikena

1 Like

Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by maasoap(m): 6:14pm On Jul 25, 2014
PDP in Osun keeps blocking major and busy Highways from time to time since the beginning of their campaign and they keep making people hate them.
Personally, I will be the person to post all 15 wards' results in Osogbo here as well as all units in ward 12 come August 9.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bear With Me, Change Will Come — Buhari / Video Of Exercise ‘Operation Crocodile Smile’ In Niger Delta / Two Containers Of Election Materials Gutted By Fire In Awka, Anambra. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.