Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun (27260 Views)

REVEALED: Presidency Doubts PDP National Chairman’s Loyalty / Presidency Doubts Mu’azu’s Loyalty –punch Investigation / FG Doubts Sanusi’s Withdrawal Of Suspension Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Wasquad(m): 6:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
Abirisegun: I dey here too o. I rep Aregbesola, I rep Ile-Ife, I rep Osun. Omisore can only win Ife Central local government (excluding the poling unit in my area) if he win pass 3 local government for Osun, Chai, chai, I go come back her come eat my vomit.

Noted
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by maasoap(m): 6:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^I've been hearing of this 'killer' accusation a lot lately! Can anyone throw more light on this, and why he hasn't been tried and convicted inspite of the overwhelming evidence against him!
He was tried but acquitted. No overwhelming evidence but overwhelming accusation. In fact, he won his senatorial seat while still in detention for this offence.
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by command01(f): 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
texaco1: bola ige murder is not a deciding factor , pdp is a strong party but omisore candidacy isn't strong,although things can swing ,but the issue is pdp doesn't seem to have a grassroot man and I think omisore was given the ticket as compensation for his efforts in osun pdp. If pdp had fielded another candidate believe me even aregbe would have been preparing his hand over notes by now. Pdp will not have much problem in oyo because there are many formidable candidates to choose from but I think osun case was the opposite
another candidate like?
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Wasquad(m): 6:25pm On Jul 25, 2014
OEPHIUS: #Osun2014: “I don’t think Omisore can win”: Ekiti gov-elect Fayose doubts PDP’s ability to win Osun

For the forthcoming Osun governorship election scheduled for August 9th, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is relying on the momentum from the Ekiti election which held last month and in which it trounced the incumbent APC governor, Kayode Fayemi. However, the man who pulled off the victory on behalf of the party in Ekiti, Ayo Fayose, is not even convinced that his fellow party man, Iyiola Omisore, can pull off the same feat in Osun.

Fayose, up till now, has not visited Osun to stump for Omisore. In fact, according to reports, Fayose has now publicly expressed doubt over Omisore’s ability to defeat Gov. Rauf Aregbesola.

Speaking on a radio programme on Progress 100.5FM in Ekiti, Fayose reportedly said: “I can’t see Omisore winning the poll. I don’t think he can win but I wish him good luck.”

It is a clear junk. Even if it aint gonna posibu Fayose will neva spread d dirty linen outside. I doubt it authenticity.

Shortly after he was declared winner of the governorship poll in Ekiti, Fayose embarked on a tour of some South West states, but he did not visit Osun, even though Osun is the state more in need of much pulling of weight by PDP stakeholders. Several people have interpreted it to as a cold war between Fayose and the PDP caniddate, Omisore.

#Osun2014: http://www.thescoopng.com/osun2014-dont-think-omisore-can-win-ekiti-gov-elect-fayose-doubts-pdps-ability-win-osun/
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by texaco1: 6:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
command01: another candidate like?
to be honest ,I think pdp has a dearth of formidable candidates in osun, my prediction is that aregbe is most likely to be the only one or one of the two apc governors who will retain their seats.
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by command01(f): 6:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
texaco1: to be honest ,I think pdp has a dearth of formidable candidates in osun, my prediction is that aregbe is most likely to be the only one or one of the two apc governors who will retain their seats.
you gerrit... really,I envy your logical analytical abilities
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by texaco1: 6:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
command01: you gerrit... really,I envy your logical analytical abilities
sister, I am a realist, despite the fact that I have a soft spot for pdp I won't let that be cloud my analysis .when fayose got the ticket I knew he would win ,but omisore case was different,I remember that he and adesiyan threatened adeleke and that made him adeleke to withdraw,many formidable candidates that would have contested the party ticket with omisore also withdrew because they know how omisore is desprate for that seat. I won't be surprised if there are pockets of violence in osun before and after the elections. We have a sitting governor who is desperate to retain his seat and whose party is fighting for political survival versus a candidate who is equally desperate to win at all cost and has the fg backing him , sister just imagine ,if omisore is announced as winner there will be some violence and if aregbe is announced as winner there will be some violence as well. Let's hope that the law enforcement agencies will be up to the task to contain it and nip it in the bud

1 Like

Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Toble: 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
coded80: If pdp can't win osun dat means osun will be continue to be rule by supporter of APC and is follower.
yes we are ok with that!
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
Missy89:
The oil is not even relevant in Ondo. there are far more resources there apart from that. they have the biggest Cocoa industry in the country (61% of the entire county's cocoa) , clean coastline for fishing(biggest fishing and seafood area/industry in the country),huge bitumen deposit(one of the largest in the world),largest sand deposit for glass, big timber/ceramic industry, Largest rubber producer. the list is pretty much endless.

If you check the dubious "DAWN" agenda document, Ondo was designated as the SW hub for its minerals,agricultural produce and gas and there was just a vague section about the oil. 80% of ondo's GDP is based on Agriculture. (there is no state as resource rich as ondo in Nigeria)

They just have this bad luck of having most of their technocrats and smart minds abroad or out of the state and they don't go home often to develop the place. so there are nonentities in charge.
If their intellectuals go home and develop it, Lagos will be like Somalia in 10-15 years of hard work

The state population is small but it has more public schools than any other state! wink

Lagos elites can go eat poo. seems ondo people don't want Tinubu and thank goodness they are not the people u can force into any alliance. they are wired no to take the back seat in anything and will always refuse cheating. The street smart thing about lagos is just a myth thou. that was in the 50s-80s not anymore.

Vive la resistance! cool cool

I've been trying to reply your post for about half an hour but my phone just stays messing up. I'm home now.

Let me start off by saying, I'm not a fan fan of neither the Tinubu man nor Fashola. However, when you look at the Nigerian political landscape - the state machinery wins presidential election. And regional politics and interests are the bread and butter of the whole system. Coupled with the fact that politics is a game of number, and the other option is far worse than what you've got. Then you have to ride with the home team for the marginal benefits, while still keeping it in house, to get a better deal at the centre as a bloc, and not individual interests. Once the house is divided, it's a lose lose situation for everyone.

I believe all the SWern states have the unique capabilities and qualities they bring to the table. I don't think Ondo has the brain and human resources of Ogun. Ogun also has a coastline at the Egbado region and Ijebu waterside, and I believe it has mineral resources as well. And if what I've read on this forum is anything to go, Ondo definitely doesn't have the industrial might of Ogun. Oyo brings size, a combination of a lot of things and intangibles that Ondo lacks - and resources as well. Ditto Osun and Ekiti. As for Lagos, it's in another space - no state in Nigeria, including the oil producing states should be mentioned in the same sentence with Lagos. So all the states need to complement one another.

Street smart isn't a myth, it comes with city life. And I believe it's the same thing everywhere else in the world. For example, you can't compare New Yorkers raised in NYC with folks from the countryside, apart from maybe LA and Chi Town. The hustle, smart, demeanour and understanding of things will be different. Or I can use myself as a proper Londoner as an example and I know my level compared to those in the country(countryside). Heck, all through my uni days, they used to feel somewhat inferior to me, true story. Now, apply that to this scenario - and I think that's exactly how those in Ondo and Ekiti feel. However, they failed to look at the bigger picture and the inferiority complex somewhat made them mortgage their collective future for whatever porridge they gave them.
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2014
GuyFawkes:

I agree,Ekiti folks can't turn around and start screaming bad governance and GEJ out when they willingly got into bed with him with that common thug Fayose.They've lost the moral authority.
The regional agenda would have to move on without Ekiti and Ondo,anyway they are already behind as it stands most especially Ekiti.
Ondo is just full of "natural resources" being hearing that stuff since forever and I don't know how far its brought them.
What if PDP loses at the federal level next year? I hope they face a backlash angry

For a state as underdeveloped as Ekiti - I expected more hunger from them about development and not cheap porridge. grin

1 Like

Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by emiye(m): 7:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
texaco1: sister, I am a realist, despite the fact that I have a soft spot for pdp I won't let that be cloud my analysis .when fayose got the ticket I knew he would win ,but omisore case was different,I remember that he and adesiyan threatened adeleke and that made him adeleke to withdraw,many formidable candidates that would have contested the party ticket with omisore also withdrew because they know how omisore is desprate for that seat. I won't be surprised if there are pockets of violence in osun before and after the elections. We have a sitting governor who is desperate to retain his seat and whose party is fighting for political survival versus a candidate who is equally desperate to win at all cost and has the fg backing him , sister just imagine ,if omisore is announced as winner there will be some violence and if aregbe is announced as winner there will be some violence as well. Let's hope that the law enforcement agencies will be up to the task to contain it and nip it in the bud
shhhhhhh, there wont be any violence for an election that will be won in landslide fashion.
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by DeLaRue: 7:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
As far as Ondo is concerned, I agree that the 'full of natural resources' mantra is old and over done.

Cocoa - most cocoa farms are on their last legs, with farmers mostly in the 60s and 70s

Timber - everything is gone. The timber that is left in the forest is less than 15% what it was 20 years ago. Give it another 5 yrs and we will be down to nothing. I believe the forestry situation in the state is possibly the greatest resource disaster in the SW today. But no one, including the state govt is interested in even talking about it.

Oil - The quantity is not that much. Can't satisfy the needs of the entire SW

Heavy Oil - can't remember the other name they call it. Unless crude oil price is somewhere around $150, it is not a viable prospect. Really, it should be discounted.

There are many other resources, but the lack of power is a major challenge to attracting investors.

However, it remains one of the states with the greatest potential in the SW, but harnessing that potential is another thing.
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Missy89(f): 7:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
shymexx:

I've been trying to reply your post for about half an hour but my phone just stays messing up. I'm home now.

Let me start off by saying, I'm not a fan fan of neither the Tinubu man nor Fashola. However, when you look at the Nigerian political landscape - the state machinery wins presidential election. And regional politics and interests are the bread and butter of the whole system. Coupled with the fact that politics is a game of number, and the other option is far worse than what you've got. Then you have to ride with the home team for the marginal benefits, while still keeping it in house, to get a better deal at the centre as a bloc, and not individual interests. Once the house is divided, it's a lose lose situation for everyone.

I believe all the SWern states have the unique capabilities and qualities they bring to the table. I don't think Ondo has the brain and human resources of Ogun. Ogun also has a coastline at the Egbado region and Ijebu waterside, and I believe it has mineral resources as well. And if what I've read on this forum is anything to go, Ondo definitely doesn't have the industrial might of Ogun. Oyo brings size, a combination of a lot of things and intangibles that Ondo lacks - and resources as well. Ditto Osun and Ekiti. As for Lagos, it's in another space - no state in Nigeria, including the oil producing states should be mentioned in the same sentence with Lagos. So all the states need to complement one another.

Street smart isn't a myth, it comes with city life. And I believe it's the same thing everywhere else in the world. For example, you can't compare New Yorkers raised in NYC with folks from the countryside, apart from maybe LA and Chi Town. The hustle, smart, demeanour and understanding of things will be different. Or I can use myself as a proper Londoner as an example and I know my level compared to those in the country(countryside). Heck, all through my uni days, they used to feel somewhat inferior to me, true story. Now, apply that to this scenario - and I think that's exactly how those in Ondo and Ekiti feel. However, they failed to look at the bigger picture and the inferiority complex somewhat made them mortgage their collective future for whatever porridge they gave them.

Ondo lacks the brain of ogun? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee .. what brain?
Ogun's only advantage is close proximity to Lagos. and there is nothing special about the Lagos. just another rubbish over hyped city. they say in the land of blind men, a one eyed clown would be king.
You cant even compared the intellectuals in Ondo to the rubbish thugs that Ogun and Lagos churn out every time don't even go there at all.

Ondo have the best Cocoa/glass/fishing/rubber/oil palm/timber industries in the south west to name a few. Ogun and Oyo only have manufacturing industries that's why then there is problem in the north they go hungry there even with their vast arable land.

Ogun's coastline might be long but it is rubbish when it comes to fishing and minerals compared to ondo(over 80% of Nigeria's seafood that are not farmed.)The ogun coastline is filled with baby doll voodoos , cele eggs and candles wink

If you think ogun have intellectuals you are living in the 60s. the last intellectual there belongs in a museum (soyinka). the only kind of people that comes out from the place are machete wielding thugs these days. In the 40/50s the # of Ondo people that went abroad based on scholarship programs dwarfed almost every other region but the difference is they didn't come back home. (that's why most of those first generation half casts are mostly from ondo/ekiti)

The last line about people mortgaging future for porridge is the kind of arrogance that wont make APC win in ondo. Lagos and her lackey states have been mortgaged already and their indegenes are not seeing it (case of a lamp that cant see its own bottom)

Enjoy your sham integration cool
Ondo will never be junior partners.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Missy89(f): 7:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
DeLaRue:
As far as Ondo is concerned, I agree that the 'full of natural resources' mantra is old and over done.

Cocoa - most cocoa farms are on their last legs, with farmers mostly in the 60s and 70s

Timber - everything is gone. The timber that is left in the forest is less than 15% what it was 20 years ago. Give it another 5 yrs and we will be down to nothing. I believe the forestry situation in the state is possibly the greatest resource disaster in the SW today. But no one, including the state govt is interested in even talking about it.

Oil - The quantity is not that much. Can't satisfy the needs of the entire SW

Heavy Oil - can't remember the other name they call it. Unless crude oil price is somewhere around $150, it is not a viable prospect. Really, it should be discounted.

There are many other resources, but the lack of power is a major challenge to attracting investors.

However, it remains one of the states with the greatest potential in the SW, but harnessing that potential is another thing.

Doesn't the bolded line contradict the whole post?

If it remains one of the state with great potentials and all of its resources doesn't really matter according to you, how does that work?.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by DeLaRue: 8:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
shymexx:

Heck, all through my uni days, they used to feel somewhat inferior to me, true story. Now, apply that to this scenario - and I think that's exactly how those in Ondo and Ekiti feel. However, they failed to look at the bigger picture and the inferiority complex somewhat made them mortgage their collective future for whatever porridge they gave them.

What a joke. Ondo people feel inferior to Lagos folks?? On what basis.

Most Ondo people who want to be in Lagos, Abuja, P.Harcourt for work and other economic reasons are already living in those places.

Those who reside and make their living in Ondo are happy to be here and certainly don't feel inferior.

I transact business in Lagos often and was there again just last week. Dangerous as it was to travel at night, I left Lagos at 4pm to avoid spending another night in that place. I just couldn't bear it. Mind you most of my clients are in Ikoyi & V.I, yet even those places are rubbish.

Please tell me why anyone living in Ondo and indeed many parts of Nigeria should feel inferior to someone living in sufferhead Lagos.

You live in London? I tell you, even Hackney is cleaner, has better roads, and ofcourse power than 80% of Ikoyi, the most upmarket part of Lagos.

Lagos is a massive commercial centre, that's it. Many of the people I see in Lagos probably don't have a reason to be there, but I respect people's choices of where they want to live.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by DeLaRue: 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
Missy89:

Doesn't the bolded line contradict the whole post?

If it remains one of the state with great potentials and all of its resources doesn't really matter according to you, how does that work?.

You're probably right. Some contradiction.

But the state has potential. A lot. Probably away from this natural resource nonsense.

To give you an example, Akure is almost equidistant from Abuja to Lagos to Port Harcourt. It could be Nigeria's equivalent of Birmingham UK, by becoming the country's national distribution district.

As one of the most peaceful and easy going States in the Federation, it could aim to become the leading tertiary education destination in Nigeria. Many other things I can think of, but thankfully, I am not a politician with a responsibility to come up with ideas for the state.
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by joy2(m): 8:14pm On Jul 25, 2014
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Missy89(f): 8:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
DeLaRue:

You're probably right. Some contradiction.

But the state has potential. A lot. Probably away from this natural resource nonsense.

To give you an example, Akure is almost equidistant from Abuja to Lagos to Port Harcourt. It could be Nigeria's equivalent of Birmingham UK, by becoming the country's national distribution district.

As one of the most peaceful and easy going States in the Federation, it could aim to become the leading tertiary education destination in Nigeria. Many other things I can think of, but thankfully, I am not a politician with a responsibility to come up with ideas for the state.

Well if you have it, you have it. they wont stop talking about their resources really.
You are right about Akure. In fact the taxis there make Ibadan transportation look like that of Somali-land. They have well organized taxis way back since the mid 90s.

If the intellectuals can come together and fix the state, Fashola would be look like a criminal cool (which he is)

Sadly most of them are "lost" Abroad.
the state has a high volume of brain drain more than any in the SW. That is the major issue
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Bigsteveg(m): 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2014
Okay, noted. But Ekiti people soiled their name with that rice. Una leaders no try for u @all.

Optimisticgondy:

Who told you Ekiti people voted Fayose in cos of hunger or money? FYI, both APC and PDP distributed rice and money. Even APC went as far as distributing Peak milk, noodles, maggi,etc while on the election day, APC gave electorates #3,000 each and PDP, #1,000 each in my unit and same applied in other units like some units in Ado where APC gave electorates #5,000 and PDP, #3,000. In spite of all this, people still collected APC money and provisions, and voted for Fayose-PDP. Ekiti people voted in Fayose for the love they have for him
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by awayeyebundle: 9:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
Nobody is voting for parties again either personality and ur act when u're in office,Aregbesola will claim d mandate from Oyinlola simply because of his deed not party,if it is party Aregbesola will not win.....ooooo....THIs Is A LESSON FOR EVEN JONATHAN...
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Optimisticgondy(m): 10:08pm On Jul 25, 2014
Bigsteveg: Okay, noted. But Ekiti people soiled their name with that rice. Una leaders no try for u @all.

Pls can you tell me a State in Nigeria where politicians don't distribute money or "gifts" during election?
Thank God Ekiti people received APC gifts and money which are by far more than that of PDP, but went ahead to vote for PDP;
we voted for personality and not money or rice as APC would want you to believe.
Even an APC commissioner came to give a retired Colonel in my family #10k for "minerals" , baba pocketed it and said they must be crazy for believing he could change his mind with money and went to cast his vote for PDP.
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Bigsteveg(m): 10:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
Optimisticgondy: Pls can you tell me a State in Nigeria where politicians don't distribute money or "gifts" during election?
Thank God Ekiti people received APC gifts and money which are by far more than that of PDP, but went ahead to vote for PDP;
we voted for personality and not money or rice as APC would want you to believe.
Even an APC commissioner came to give a retired Colonel in my family #10k for "minerals" , baba pocketed it and said they must be crazy for believing he could change his mind with money and went to cast his vote for PDP.

Uhnmmmmm "baba pocketed it" "baba pocketed it" "baba pocketed it"

Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by skyface00(m): 11:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
jst the same way for ( buhari) how sure are you that buhari sponsoring boko harm? jst asking

Hangard:
How sure are you or are you there when he was killed?.
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Btruth: 11:43pm On Jul 25, 2014
texaco1: bola ige murder is not a deciding factor , pdp is a strong party but omisore candidacy isn't strong,although things can swing ,but the issue is pdp doesn't seem to have a grassroot man and I think omisore was given the ticket as compensation for his efforts in osun pdp. If pdp had fielded another candidate believe me even aregbe would have been preparing his hand over notes by now. Pdp will not have much problem in oyo because there are many formidable candidates to choose from but I think osun case was the opposite
I'm glad that you are agreed with me that Omisore is bad market then.......lol.
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by kabba7(m): 12:16am On Jul 26, 2014
san316: Really? Because u win ur own abi? Ok na, contunu

Did Fayose really won in EKITI or the state was captured foe him by the police /arrmy .vandals .
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 26, 2014
Missy89:
Ondo lacks the brain of ogun? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee .. what brain?
Ogun's only advantage is close proximity to Lagos. and there is nothing special about the Lagos. just another rubbish over hyped city. they say in the land of blind men, a one eyed clown would be king.
You cant even compared the intellectuals in Ondo to the rubbish thugs that Ogun and Lagos churn out every time don't even go there at all.

Ondo have the best Cocoa/glass/fishing/rubber/oil palm/timber industries in the south west to name a few. Ogun and Oyo only have manufacturing industries that's why then there is problem in the north they go hungry there even with their vast arable land.

Ogun's coastline might be long but it is rubbish when it comes to fishing and minerals compared to ondo(over 80% of Nigeria's seafood that are not farmed.)The ogun coastline is filled with baby doll voodoos , cele eggs and candles wink

If you think ogun have intellectuals you are living in the 60s. the last intellectual there belongs in a museum (soyinka). the only kind of people that comes out from the place are machete wielding thugs these days. In the 40/50s the # of Ondo people that went abroad based on scholarship programs dwarfed almost every other region but the difference is they didn't come back home. (that's why most of those first generation half casts are mostly from ondo/ekiti)

The last line about people mortgaging future for porridge is the kind of arrogance that wont make APC win in ondo. Lagos and her lackey states have been mortgaged already and their indegenes are not seeing it (case of a lamp that cant see its own bottom)

Enjoy your sham integration cool
Ondo will never be junior partners.

Bahahahahaha.

Don't let Ogun folks catch you berating their beloved state. grin So you've joined DeLaRue in the Ondo nationalism trail, yes? Listen, I'm not from the two states, I'm just being honest and objective about all Yoruba states, based on achievements and my scholarship. You definitely can't deny that Ogun state has produced more Yoruba leaders than any other Yoruba state. And in terms of overall human achievement, those folks are up there...only Lagos and maybe the Ijesha's can compete. Please don't start pontificating about the Ekiti-esque paper academic excellence I read on here all the time - the achievement of those Ogun folks speaks for itself. grin No malice. No beef. A Yoruba nyggah and a student of Yoruba history and philosophy is just keeping it real. tongue Like I'll tell anyone that cares to know that I think Osun has the most beautiful and complete Yoruba chics. I'm objective, ya dig? tongue

I saw the break down of all the natural resources in the different states in Nigeria a few weeks(or months) ago, and I think those other states have mineral resources as well. Also, I believe Oyo and Osun for example also have massive IGR, far bigger than Ondo. Evidently they've got a lot of things as well.

Yes, the indigent people in Lagos are being cheated and that's why I'm not a big fan of Fashola. However, I'm looking at the bigger picture, and what's more beneficial to the Yoruba commonwealth on the long run. The alternative is far worse, with ex-convicts and criminals. And like a gambler would do: I'd rather play the safe bet with money back option.

Finally, all Yoruba's are equal and the plurality of the Yoruba's is what makes us a great people. However, there must be a king. And based on what I know about Yoruba culture, there's always one king. So who's more worthy of that role than the mecca and the melting point of the Yoruba's and the place where the Yoruba renaissance started in the earliest part of the 20th century? Follow Lagos' lead - small but mighty! tongue
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Nobody: 12:44am On Jul 26, 2014
DeLaRue:
What a joke. Ondo people feel inferior to Lagos folks?? On what basis.

Most Ondo people who want to be in Lagos, Abuja, P.Harcourt for work and other economic reasons are already living in those places.

Those who reside and make their living in Ondo are happy to be here and certainly don't feel inferior.

I transact business in Lagos often and was there again just last week. Dangerous as it was to travel at night, I left Lagos at 4pm to avoid spending another night in that place. I just couldn't bear it. Mind you most of my clients are in Ikoyi & V.I, yet even those places are rubbish.

Please tell me why anyone living in Ondo and indeed many parts of Nigeria should feel inferior to someone living in sufferhead Lagos.

You live in London? I tell you, even Hackney is cleaner, has better roads, and ofcourse power than 80% of Ikoyi, the most upmarket part of Lagos.

Lagos is a massive commercial centre, that's it. Many of the people I see in Lagos probably don't have a reason to be there, but I respect people's choices of where they want to live.

Don't misconstrue my point...I was alluding to feeling "inferior" in terms of the street-smart and the demeanour of those from the city. And how that can intrepreted wrongly for being cocky - due to supreme confidence they might exude.

It's not about how they live, it's about the "it" factor that comes with the territory. Something folks from the countryside will lack. An intangible money can't buy.

I'm not comparing Lagos to London in terms of infrastructure - just comparing city life, and certain things Londoners have that other folks in country(countryside) lack. Drawing a parallel with Lagos compared to other Yoruba states. And that's how it's everywhere else in the world. It comes with the territory. I also used New York as an example.
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Fourwinds: 1:56am On Jul 26, 2014
pdp is a misfit in Osun state. Omisore....emh don't dey have a better candidate.? nonsense party
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by texaco1: 7:02am On Jul 26, 2014
Btruth: I'm glad that you are agreed with me that Omisore is bad market then.......lol.
it can swing either way. Omisore still stands a very good chance of winning
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by RichboyPee(m): 7:13am On Jul 26, 2014
[quote author=Omexonomy][/quote]Yes you are. why are you guys scared of the APC when you are the government in power? Things would have been a lot more worse if not for the opposition.
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Btruth: 9:35am On Jul 26, 2014
texaco1: it can swing either way. Omisore still stands a very good chance of winning
Ni boo? (For where?)..... Olorun oni je. We don't want a blood sucker man to govern us in Osun state.
Re: Fayose Doubts Pdp’s Ability To Win Osun by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 26, 2014
Missy89

I just read my posts again. I made a few mistakes. It was Friday, and a nyggah was in the zone - lean as fvck, with my head in Ionosphere. grin

1). Change the "Bight of Guinea" to "Gulf of Guinea." The "Bight of Benin" coastline has a lot of potential, and it's yet to be explored like the "Bight of Bonny" - and I believe once they start exploring it, watch out for Lagos and Ogun.

2). My response to your assertion to Lagosians being cocky looks a tad bit condescending because I used "inferior" but I hope you know I didn't mean it that way. I was basically just trying to suggest if the normal air-of -superior(supreme confidence) that comes with those from the city vis-a-vis the meekness of those from countryside, was responsible for that. Just like everywhere else. And sometimes that gives the wrong signal. However, it might be the Eastern and Western Yoruba thing - but I doubt it, to be honest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Video Of Exercise ‘Operation Crocodile Smile’ In Niger Delta / President Buhari To Fly To Gambia In A Bid To Persuade Jammeh / "Buhari Choose Between Amaechi & Rivers People": Protesters Storm Port-Hacourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.