Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,698 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (345151 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by MisterG: 8:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
Fulaman198:

The truth is if those guys can not speak Fulfulde language, then they themselves are not full-blooded Fulani. As aforementioned. To get an idea of true Fulani, you must look at the Mbororo'en. The most segregated of Fulani that speak the cleanest Fulfulde (Fulani language) with hardly any Hausa influence. Or the Liptaako and Fulbe Djeeri.

The truth is I don't know if a lot of people in the photos are Fulani. Some of them do look mixed with other Northerners of Nigeria, or even mixed with Arabs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSr8KHKJO7M

If you are talking about the guys within the forum, yes they do speak to each other in fulani on occasion, however that is a English speaking forum, and mainly deals with Physical and cultural anthropology, genetics, and to a extent history, it must appeal to the dominant language group, which it happens to be English, since many of the participants are from many nations.

It is all about opinions Fulaman, they have one opinion and you have another, even few of the fulani members here disagree with your assessment. However how the way i look at it, both could be right. Since it is a possibility that the fulani people came from multiple different groups and formalize one people, like any other group of humans on earth.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
MisterG:

If you are talking about the guys within the forum, yes they do speak to each other in fulani on occasion, however that is a English speaking forum, and mainly deals with Physical and cultural anthropology, genetics, and to a extent history, it must appeal to the dominant language group, which it happens to be English, since many of the participants are from many nations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kZL2f-GrqY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X82ncPmu7Q8

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by MisterG: 8:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
Fulaman198:

Fulaman198 great video btw, however this is not btw me and you, this is a fulani internal issue, which it seems like i open up. Again you have one opinion, and they have another.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:58pm On Aug 06, 2014
MisterG:

Fulaman198 great video btw, however this is not btw me and you, this is a fulani internal issue, which it seems like i open up. Again you have one opinion, and they have another.

I would like to argue with them sometime. I bet majority of them are Nigerian Fulanis wanting to be wannabe Arabs. Some Fulani let's not deceive ourselves other Fulani in this thread want to be associated with Arabs, but we are older than Arabs.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by MisterG: 9:13pm On Aug 06, 2014
Fulaman198:

I would like to argue with them sometime. I bet majority of them are Nigerian Fulanis wanting to be wannabe Arabs. Some Fulani let's not deceive ourselves other Fulani in this thread want to be associated with Arabs, but we are older than Arabs.

They are actually not Arab wannabes, here is what one of them said in regards to marriage. It may offend some people here.

Inter-ethnic marriages are frowned upon by most Fulani groups.... some are already mixed, so their conditions are unsalvageable, like those of mixed Fulani-Hausa or Fulani-Mande ancestry....
For the Pure groups, marriages to "Black people" is generally not looked upon with favor. There aren't North Africans in my neck of the woods, but it happens in Niger, Fulani-Tuareg marriages. Some in the west also marry whites and break communication links with their families (Because it's generally frowned up) -- so i can imagine it could be the case with North Africans f they were ever numerous in my area (??) . Although it could be much more accepted since they are Muslim.
Also note that with Fulanis themselves, there are strict within CLAN adherence are within CASTE adherence as well.... Although you can say things are a bit different in cities... as expected.

Yes, two of the posters are from Nigeria, and i believe one is from Guinea.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
MisterG:

They are actually not Arab wannabes, here is what one of them said in regards to marriage. It may offend some people here.

Yes, two of the posters are from Nigeria, and i believe one is from Guinea.

With Fulani in general, marrying outside of your ethnicity is usually considered an abomination because marrying Haabe is forbidden. However, I would like to see if these fulbe on the forums you go to are pure themselves.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by MisterG: 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
Fulaman198:

With Fulani in general, marrying outside of your ethnicity is usually considered an abomination because marrying Haabe is forbidden. However, I would like to see if these fulbe on the forums you go to are pure themselves.

If you do go there don't go there swinging a cricket bat, since you can get bann very easily by having non intellectual debates or being a troll, or randomly posting pictures that is not related to the topic. Which i am glad they are strict about, in regards to banning people. So, keep your arguments civil, which you do here.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 9:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
Lmfao , im,weak ...that dude said marriage To black people is not looked upon with favor

Rolling on the floor......

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by tpia1: 12:10am On Aug 07, 2014
he might be a somali or half-somali.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:17am On Aug 07, 2014
He is not fulani , nor African anyway....
In fact i really doubt this misterG too is even fulani talkless about being nigerian or african

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by tpia1: 3:18am On Aug 07, 2014
i mean the person saying black people unfavour blah blah.

the op clearly isnt very familiar with fulani but it doesnt seem like he's the one being quoted.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:42am On Aug 07, 2014
I got you, i was just adding salt to your soup

Dont know for the op tho but misterG and the dude who cracked me up aint africans for sure
In fact i am Still rolling on the floor, i guess That albino never Heard about hausa grin grin choi
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Takamba: 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2014
Fulaman198:

Good music Fulaman. Can I add this one? Bideew Bou Bess are paying here tribute to their Haalpulaar origin. I know the song is mainly in Wolof and the Band is Toucouleur and that the thread is for Fulani but it's all the same and I wanted to share it. Good music is good music smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWFTAP8WO2A

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 12:14am On Aug 09, 2014
Takamba:

Good music Fulaman. Can I add this one? Bideew Bou Bess are paying here tribute to their Haalpulaar origin. I know the song is mainly in Wolof and the Band is Toucouleur and that the thread is for Fulani but it's all the same and I wanted to share it. Good music is good music smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWFTAP8WO2A

No problem, I like their music too. Do they not ever sing in Pulaar/Fulfulde? I have only heard Wolof from them. I basically posted those videos to show the 'blackness' of the Fulani people. Especially the 'Birds of the Wilderness' video of the White American guy talking.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Takamba: 1:27am On Aug 09, 2014
Fulaman198:

No problem, I like their music too. Do they not ever sing in Pulaar/Fulfulde? I have only heard Wolof from them. I basically posted those videos to show the 'blackness' of the Fulani people. Especially the 'Birds of the Wilderness' video of the White American guy talking.

Lol, how can someone doubt of the blackness of Fulanis ?
Bideew Bou Bess barely sing in Pulaar, most of their songs are in Wolof.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 1:36am On Aug 09, 2014
Takamba:

Lol, how can someone doubt of the blackness of Fulanis ?
Bideew Bou Bess barely sing in Pulaar, most of their songs are in Wolof.

Walahi some people have been posting pictures of non-Pullos in here. A lot of the posts are of Fulbe, but there are some that are showing Amhara and mixed breeds. Liptaako, Gowabe, Jelgobe, Wodaabe and Mbororo'en, Fulbe Djeeri, etc. etc. is what I want to see.

You are right, I have never seen Bideew Bou Bess sing in Pulaar. My favourite Fulani speaking singers from Senegal are Ousmane Gangue, Baaba Maal, Mansour Seck, Malick Pathe Sow, Rahmane Diallo, Alassane Sy, Omar Ka, and a few others that I forget their name who sang "Ainaabe nai"?

In any case, like in that one song Fulbe Niger where the woman says "Pullo funa pullo, fulfulde duna gooto" meaning Fulani is Fulani, one language, one people. I salute my Senegalese brothers and sisters, mi salmini maa bandiraabe haal'pularen senegalbe, bamtaare e teddungal fulbe!
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Takamba: 3:15am On Aug 09, 2014
Fulaman198:

Walahi some people have been posting pictures of non-Pullos in here. A lot of the posts are of Fulbe, but there are some that are showing Amhara and mixed breeds. Liptaako, Gowabe, Jelgobe, Wodaabe and Mbororo'en, Fulbe Djeeri, etc. etc. is what I want to see.

You are right, I have never seen Bideew Bou Bess sing in Pulaar. My favourite Fulani speaking singers from Senegal are Ousmane Gangue, Baaba Maal, Mansour Seck, Malick Pathe Sow, Rahmane Diallo, Alassane Sy, Omar Ka, and a few others that I forget their name who sang "Ainaabe nai"?

In any case, like in that one song Fulbe Niger where the woman says "Pullo funa pullo, fulfulde duna gooto" meaning Fulani is Fulani, one language, one people. I salute my Senegalese brothers and sisters, mi salmini maa bandiraabe haal'pularen senegalbe, bamtaare e teddungal fulbe!

Ousmane Gangue is Mauritanian, the guy is sharp, he knows better things grin !
There are some good female singers as well like the Yela singers who use calabashes and others like Fatim Samba Diop or Acca Welle.
What does "Ainaabe nai" mean? I don't know of a specific song named like that but I've heard that term in Baaba Maal songs.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 10, 2014
Fulaman198:

not that I am disputing you, but can you quote the ones that look "mixed breeds" or Amhara?. If you know Amharas or Ethiopians very well, you will know that they have their own looks. General morphology may be similar, but there is something more that seems to set both groups apart.

Fulaman, noy wonii innde fattude koreeji maada nder wuro Mayo-belwa?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by axum: 10:34am On Aug 10, 2014
Somalis/Ethios are way prettier than Fulanis. #FACT
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 10, 2014
axum: Somalis/Ethios are way prettier than Fulanis. #FACT

Ok we have heard you.... next..

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 10, 2014
axum: Somalis/Ethios are way prettier than Fulanis. #FACT

And one more thing for your egoistic a.ss..... you see, the beauty of the Fulani race lies in our diversity, we are very diverse people, and we come in all forms and shapes which are all equally beautiful. Ethiopians are also beautiful and diverse .... Somalis not so much.
I can post a Fulani right now, who will look as Somali as any somali will ever get, and immediately come up with another type of beauty, that somalis will never ever have...... think about that.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by amnestylaw1(m): 9:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
Wao, thank you for those videos. They are rich, so rich in culture.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by axum: 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
Bororojo:

And one more thing for your egoistic a.ss..... you see, the beauty of the Fulani race lies in our diversity, we are very diverse people, and we come in all forms and shapes which are all equally beautiful. Ethiopians are also beautiful and diverse .... Somalis not so much.
I can post a Fulani right now, who will look as Somali as any somali will ever get, and immediately come up with another type of beauty, that somalis will never ever have...... think about that.

Lmao you know you are lying. The reason why fulanis are seen as Beautiful is because a few of them look a little like Somalis/Ethiopians. Ethiopians who are seen as beautiful are the Cushitic ones who are related to Somalis, not the Negroid ones who have the lip plates and are naked. Those Negroids were enslaved and never did anything other than walk around naked in huts like their west african counterparts, it is the Somalis/Habeshas who have the glorious and rich history that Negroids try to hijack by trying to link themselves to us.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 10, 2014
axum:

Lmao you know you are lying. The reason why fulanis are seen as Beautiful is because a few of them look a little like Somalis/Ethiopians. Ethiopians who are seen as beautiful are the Cushitic ones who are related to Somalis, not the Negroid ones who have the lip plates and are naked. Those Negroids were enslaved and never did anything other than walk around naked in huts like their west african counterparts, it is the Somalis/Habeshas who have the glorious and rich history that Negroids try to hijack by trying to link themselves to us.

I know I am lying about what exactly? there are two major cushitic tribes in ethiopia Somalis and Oromos, and two major Habesha tribes Amharas and tigr(ay?)(inya?) - Fulanis equate all of them in looks .... Arent these the ethiopians below, or are we talking of another Ethiopia here?

As for your other ramblings, those are not my business- I admire Ethiopian history, especially the part where the highlanders came together to resist European domination-- but I certainly don't try to "highjack" it- I have mine. Fulbe would have probably done the same, or at least tried to do same, if we had our own state. There was fierce Anti European sentiments and wars in Adamawa for example...... Anyways that is another topic.
In short- Axum, i suggest you go rest your a.ss somewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by tpia1: 11:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
axum:

Lmao you know you are lying. The reason why fulanis are seen as Beautiful is because a few of them look a little like Somalis/Ethiopians.

you are so funny.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 11, 2014
^^ He's a well-known troll here in the culture section. You and Bororojo should stop giving him any attention.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
Bororojo:

not that I am disputing you, but can you quote the ones that look "mixed breeds" or Amhara?. If you know Amharas or Ethiopians very well, you will know that they have their own looks. General morphology may be similar, but there is something more that seems to set both groups apart.

Fulaman, noy wonii innde fattude koreeji maada nder wuro Mayo-belwa?

Yolde Gubdo, e an bo? Noy woni inde wuro ma nder lessdi (leydi) Taraba?

I will point out the half breeds when I have time after work.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
Bororojo:

Ok we have heard you.... next..

Ignore him
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by axum: 2:59am On Aug 12, 2014
tpia1:

you are so funny.

Things become funny when they are so true, that you do not want to believe them.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by axum: 3:03am On Aug 12, 2014
Bororojo:

I know I am lying about what exactly? there are two major cushitic tribes in ethiopia Somalis and Oromos, and two major Habesha tribes Amharas and tigr(ay?)(inya?) - Fulanis equate all of them in looks .... Arent these the ethiopians below, or are we talking of another Ethiopia here?

As for your other ramblings, those are not my business- I admire Ethiopian history, especially the part where the highlanders came together to resist European domination-- but I certainly don't try to "highjack" it- I have mine. Fulbe would have probably done the same, or at least tried to do same, if we had our own state. There was fierce Anti European sentiments and wars in Adamawa for example...... Anyways that is another topic.
In short- Axum, i suggest you go rest your a.ss somewhere.

You know very well, that the reason why fulanis are seen as good looking is because a few have features that are very common among Somalis and Habeshas.

As for you admiring Ethiopian history, I am not surprised, as you come from a very submissive people. Somalis defeated Portugal using Cannons 500 years ago, Ethiopia defeated Italy only 100 years ago. Somali history Pawns Ethiopian History every time. That Being Said Cushitic is a language and also a group of people that also include Habeshas, as Cushitic people were the people in the Horn who have common ancestry. The languages spoken by some Ethiopians happen to be Semetic but they are related to Somalis, Afars, and Oromos, as we have common ancestry and history.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 12:52am On Aug 13, 2014
axum:

You know very well, that the reason why fulanis are seen as good looking is because a few have features that are very common among Somalis and Habeshas.

As for you admiring Ethiopian history, I am not surprised, as you come from a very submissive people. Somalis defeated Portugal using Cannons 500 years ago, Ethiopia defeated Italy only 100 years ago. Somali history Pawns Ethiopian History every time. That Being Said Cushitic is a language and also a group of people that also include Habeshas, as Cushitic people were the people in the Horn who have common ancestry. The languages spoken by some Ethiopians happen to be Semetic but they are related to Somalis, Afars, and Oromos, as we have common ancestry and history.

Don't make me ban you for violating

1. Please post on topic always. Don't derail or tribalize threads.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by BahPulo(f): 4:23am On Aug 17, 2014
Have not been on this forum for so long. It seems nothing has changed. I can't believe some of the wrong info passed on this thread as fact. I will try my best to return later to clarify some especially the Guinea part for I know for sure Fulani in futa djallon are no half breed with manlinkhe those who are we know them and they know themselves too. Their last names are dead give away. Any way will return to this thread later to address it. For now good night

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here! / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.