Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,547 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (345141 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
Nayah:
Are you debating or reinventing History
I didn't know Biya was a Bassa'a ( as I told you you don't know Cameroon let people teach you instead of brodxastong wrong information . We learn every day you know grin

That is exactly what I am saying, biya is a cameroonian Bantu..... hence the "Bantufication" happening in CMR

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Romanciella(f): 9:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
Omarbah:
your besty looks good.
Is she from Nigeria? I see Hausa Fulani on the description.
yea she is
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
OmarBah, moy woni "Sangare Barry"?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 11:30pm On Sep 02, 2014
Nayah, all we are trying to say is that Cameroon has not been completely "Bantunized" yet, as long as there are Fulani and Hausa people there.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 11:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
Nayah:
Ok so no offense but I think I know more Cameroon that you brother just accept you de wrong and this is not about wanting to join our brother or whatever this is about fact. The western par of Cameroon is the most populate region and they are SEMI BANTU inform yourself please .

I think you are trying to make Cameroon look more Bantu than it really is because you are from Biya's ethnic group right?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Onilaiscool(f): 1:07am On Sep 03, 2014
why do ya all want Cameroon to be in west Africa

they can stay with their bantu in the central grin

no one wants them in the west
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 1:54am On Sep 03, 2014
Onilaiscool: why do ya all want Cameroon to be in west Africa

Because Cameroon has a lot of Fulani people.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 2:11am On Sep 03, 2014
Fulaman198: OmarBah, moy woni "Sangare Barry"?
Diakite=Ba, Sangare= Barry, Sow=Sidibe. It was under Soundjata Keita that the Fulbe living in Hirnaage Afrika adopted the Surnames to conform with the society. Every last name in Manden society described back in those days a socioeconomic group. The Keita were the rulers, the Camara were blacksmith, the Kouyate were the Djeli or Historians so they were the counselors of the King etc... It is not exactly clear how these came to be but one thing is for sure, all fulbe belong to four tribes, the Ururbe (Ba, Diakite), Dialloube( Diallo), Ferrobe (Sow) and Dayebe( Barry, Sangare). Some say they are equivalent to the four cardinal points and each has different vertues.

For instance, Diallo's cardinal point is the East and corresponds to yellow, fluidity , air and wisdom. They are considered the "geniuses" of Fulbe. Throughout Hirnaage, shop keepers are known as "Diallo le boutiquier". The first secretary of the OAU( organization of African Unity) was Diallo Telly. Guinea's first deputy to the French parliament was a Diallo too.
The "Ba" , the warriors hail from the West which corresponds to the color red. Koli Tenguelle was a Yette Ba, just like the rest of his clan, the Yallalbe known for their warlike mentality. Souleymane Baal the leader of the Torodo revolution was a Ba too before changing his name to distance himself from the ruling class.
The "Sow" have the South as their cardinal point and is equivalent to the color black full of enigmas. They are considered guardians of the temple and are known for being religious. Lastly the Barry, known for being noble hail from the North, the white color and water. All the other groups of Fulbe are from these four. You'll notice that in Fula society in Hirnaage, Ba and Diallo are Sanaku or playmates (West and East) same thing for Sow and Barry.
For some reason the Fulbe of Wasulu do not carry Barry and Sow, they use Sangare and Sidibe for those. It might be that these two were subgroups of Barry and Sow in the past. I am not sure. I still have to figure that out.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:17am On Sep 03, 2014
Omarbah:
Diakite=Ba, Sangare= Barry, Sow=Sidibe. It was under Soundjata Keita that the Fulbe living in Hirnaage Afrika adopted the Surnames to conform with the society. Every last name in Manden society described back in those days a socioeconomic group. The Keita were the rulers, the Camara were blacksmith, the Kouyate were the Djeli or Historians so they were the counselors of the King etc... It is not exactly clear how these came to be but one thing is for sure, all fulbe belong to four tribes, the Ururbe (Ba, Diakite), Dialloube( Diallo), Ferrobe (Sow) and Dayebe( Barry, Sangare). Some say they are equivalent to the four cardinal points and each has different vertues.

For instance, Diallo's cardinal point is the East and corresponds to yellow, fluidity , air and wisdom. They are considered the "geniuses" of Fulbe. Throughout Hirnaage, shop keepers are known as "Diallo le boutiquier". The first secretary of the OAU( organization of African Unity) was Diallo Telly. Guinea's first deputy to the French parliament was a Diallo too.
The "Ba" , the warriors hail from the West which corresponds to the color red. Koli Tenguelle was a Yette Ba, just like the rest of his clan, the Yallalbe known for their warlike mentality. Souleymane Baal the leader of the Torodo revolution was a Ba too before changing his name to distance himself from the ruling class.
The "Sow" have the South as their cardinal point and is equivalent to the color black full of enigmas. They are considered guardians of the temple and are known for being religious. Lastly the Barry, known for being noble hail from the North, the white color and water. All the other groups of Fulbe are from these four. You'll notice that in Fula society in Hirnaage, Ba and Diallo are Sanaku or playmates (West and East) same thing for Sow and Barry.
For some reason the Fulbe of Wasulu do not carry Barry and Sow, they use Sangare and Sidibe for those. It might be that these two were subgroups of Barry and Sow in the past. I am not sure. I still have to figure that out.

Oh ok, was there ever a hero in time that combined the name Sangaré Barry?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 2:28am On Sep 03, 2014
Fulaman198:

Oh ok, was there ever a hero in time that combined the name Sangaré Barry?
I've heard the name before but I do not know any story on such name. Why did you ask?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 2:41am On Sep 03, 2014
Fulaman, Have you heard this from baaba Sadou?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edGSnRMEd9A

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2014
Omarbah:
I've heard the name before but I do not know any story on such name. Why did you ask?

Was curious to know I heard about it in a song one time.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
Bororojo: Fulaman, Have you heard this from baaba Sadou?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edGSnRMEd9A

Wow is that one of his newer songs? Which album is it on? First time seeing this song. Btw Bororojo, have you seen his Tabital Pulaaku song?

BABBA SADOU-TABITAL POULAKOU:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIQ5Gi_28Ro
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 03, 2014
Yes i have seen it...
I didnt rilly like it though...... it looks shoddy.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:58pm On Sep 03, 2014
Bororojo: Yes i have seen it...
I didnt rilly like it though...... it looks shoddy.

LOL I forgot that you have high standards for standards. Admittedly though, it does look poorly made. I have not made any attempts to buy his new album yet. What do you think of auto-tuned Fulani music? I prefer non-auto-tuned. I don't want to leave our bro OmarBah out of the equation.

My Fouta brother OmarBah, what do you think of auto-tuned Fulbe music?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by BahPulo(f): 8:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
This thread has develop to a great learning place. My brother fulaman I see you guys have made a new friend from guinea. I am telling my dream of a united fulbhe seems to be making progress little by little lol. Keep posting guys I am learning .@ omarbah where in guinea are u from? Do you happen to have any info on the nine Almamys who founded the kingdom of foutah?? Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:31pm On Sep 03, 2014
CAMEROUN IS A BANTU AND CENTRAL AFRICAN COUNTRY cool. period
SEMI BANTU ARE AS BANTU AS THEIR OTHER PART

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
Omarbah: hey it's not ECOWAS really needs anything from Cameroon or vis versa. This post being about Fulanis, the only reason why
I mentioned Cameroon being in ECOWAS is because if the regional organization is to be stronger politically I'd like the Fulanis of Cameroon to be part of it. angry
Plus I mentioned main stream culture which French speaking Cameroonians share with others in West Africa like Ivorians. Plus when it comes to politics, whatever happens in West Africa greatly interest the political in Cameroon. I remember how enthusiastic some of them were in support for Gbagbo against the French. Cameroonians seem to have a "rivalry" with Ivorians when it comes to football and music.
Finally one can mention that the Northern Part of the country is inhabited by Sudanese and Fulani groups.
what mainstream culture?

are you trying to link colonial past with ethnicities or cultures? I am sure there are many cape verdian interested in what is happening in Angola it does not mean Angola is a west African country grin grin

we hate France , as long as there is something to say or do against them you will see Cameroonian there .

Ecowas is a basket of snakes and crabs nope thanks, we have seen how you all went against Ivory coast nope we are fine, as far I am concerned we should leave ECCASS too

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
Onilaiscool: why do ya all want Cameroon to be in west Africa

thank you
besides without being in Ecowas we already have free trade and movement with Nigeria and buckle up Mali grin grin(Ahidjo's work )
so we fine with our Bantu brothers

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
Omarbah: why do you keep saying "sorry"? This is no big deal, you can remain in Central African Union, no problem. It's just that we would not disregard our ties with the Fulanis in North for that reason.
Fulani are a minority here, never forget that

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
Bororojo:

lol, what a simplistic way to look at this issue. Lets examine again-

1-Okay you say Cameroon shares land borders with 4 central African countries , lets examine them.
Of all these land borders, the longest is with Nigeria at 1,690 Kms, followed by chad at 1,090km (Both countries with strong West African and related cultures). Mind you, N'djamena on the Cameroonian border just across the Chari-Logone rivers, looks like any other city in Northern Nigeria to me.
border with Equatorial Guinea : 189km, Gabon : 290km, Rep of congo : 523km, CAR : 797km

2- Semi-bantu is not the same as bantu-- lol, There are numerous bantoid and Semi-bantu groups in Nigeria, such as the Mambilla, Ekoi, Ejagham , Tiv Etc- the Tiv alone outnumber many bantu groups in Cameroon... that your analysis holds no water o.
thee pure Bantu groups like the Fang, Bete etc are the ones i quoted, and they all number 27% .... lol

3- Your analogy with Obama's name is completely rubbish, because the name Obama is Luo, who are Nilotic people and speakers (Just like Dinkas), and not Bantu. Kenya has Bantus but your analogy with the name just did not fit in..... sorry

4- Anglophones are not the only one who see Cameroon as both a WEST and Central African country, it's just common sense to anyone with a knowledge of the area..... Have a look at the following examples.
Your country's french wikipedia page:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameroun
Wiki travel (French) describes CMR as having the highest mountains in WA
http://wikitravel.org/fr/Cameroun
Mount Cameroon described as a volcano in West Africa
http://www.earth-of-fire.com/article-les-volcans-d-afrique-de-l-ouest-2-le-mont-cameroun-97538679.html

And finally, Maps dont lie.
Fom the last map, you can see for example that Mauritania is considered both west and North African, because both cultures are present in that country. They were in ECOWAS before, but they left because of their Moorish minority and their haratin bootlickers not wanting to be part of a "Negro" Union....... Same thing is what is happening to Cameroon, but under different conditions.
Cameroon prefers to be in the central African union where it can be considered King among minnows like Sao tome and Principe, Gabon, EQG, C.A.R..... .lol.....

Bantu in Cameroun are over 70 in Cameroun , don't know where you took your 27% from, actually I know, you listed the biggest Bantu Ethnicity (Fang BETI) so? there are many more Bantu groups( sawa, bassa, sw region, north west region and many other groups in the north

borders are what they are, borders the length doesn't mean anything + if we sum up all those borders the central African countries (chad include) are : 2889 now should I remind you that he southern border with Nigeria is heavily bantuzined undecided Efik Ekoi, Anang, Orong etc are all Bantu groups
there are more Obama in Cameroon than in Kenya anyway
Cameroon is hardly called west af country, they will rather say west central Af or Central and this only happens in the Anglophone world

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
btw, chad wants to join Ecowas because we want to rise up the price of the pipeline ..they are just blackmailing us ..Nigeria is too unstable actually for them to join ecowas and build another pipeline through Nigeria
they will come back to the negotiation table or they will starve

and unlike what u said if we join ecowas we are still going to b among the kings so no shaking ..and the pidgin we speak is not Nigerian pidgin

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nayah(f): 8:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Bantu in Cameroun are over 70 in Cameroun , don't know where you took your 27% from, actually I know, you listed the biggest Bantu Ethnicity (Fang BETI) so? there are many more Bantu groups( sawa, bassa, sw region, north west region and many other groups in the north

borders are what they are, borders the length doesn't mean anything + if we sum up all those borders the central African countries (chad include) are : 2889 now should I remind you that he souther border with Nigeria is heavily bantuzined undecided Efik Ekoi, Anang, Orong etc are all Bantu groups
there are more Obama in Cameroon than in Kenya anyway Cameroon is hardly called west af country, they will rather say west central Af or Central and this only happens in the Anglophone word
Thank God now I see a Cameroonian who knows his History! These brothers want Cameroon to Ecowas so badly they are transpfing reality ... Please Cameroon has nothing to do with West African region
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nayah(f): 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: what mainstream culture?

are you trying to link colonial past with ethnicities or cultures? I am sure there are many cape verdian interested in what is happening in Angola it does not mean Angola is a west African country grin grin

we hate France , as long as there is something to say or do against them you will see Cameroonian there .

Ecowas is a basket of snakes and crabs nope thanks, we have seen how you all went against Ivory coast nope we are fine, as far I am concerned we should leave ECCASS too

Thank you nothing to add brother .
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 9:05pm On Sep 03, 2014
Nayah:
Thank God now I see a Cameroonian who knows his History! These brothers want Cameroon to Ecowas so badly they are transpfing reality ... Please Cameroon has nothing to do with West African region
it depends of what you mean by nothing, economically we do, culturally yes but not that much .geographically? No
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
Oh shoot are Nayah and Camnewton4Pres trying to make this thread a Bantu vs. Fulani thread cheesy?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:38pm On Sep 03, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: CAMEROUN IS A BANTU AND CENTRAL AFRICAN COUNTRY cool. period
SEMI BANTU ARE AS BANTU AS THEIR OTHER PART

Super ridiculous. Ok then let's get Adamawa province back from Cameroon since it is rightfully ours in Nigeria. My father even told me so recently.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
BahPulo: This thread has develop to a great learning place. My brother fulaman I see you guys have made a new friend from guinea. I am telling my dream of a united fulbhe seems to be making progress little by little lol. Keep posting guys I am learning .@ omarbah where in guinea are u from? Do you happen to have any info on the nine Almamys who founded the kingdom of foutah?? Thanks

Lol BahPulo welcome back. There are actually more Fulani than I had originally thought on Nairaland though some of them use ridiculous names and would love to trade their sisters (not mentioning names) cheesy. There could be up to 10 Fulbe on Nairaland.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 9:42pm On Sep 03, 2014
Fulaman198:

Super ridiculous. Ok then let's get Adamawa province back from Cameroon since it is rightfully ours in Nigeria. My dad even told me so recently.
he should learn history

on the contrary Adamawa belongs to us , one of your lamido even said that recently undecided undecided

Kamerun was bigger under Germany, the british had no rights o divide Kamerun and make a referendum

look@ this map
the great and imperial Cameroon will b reformed sooner or later, you all thieves will give us back our territory or face the wrath of our imperialistic army

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 9:45pm On Sep 03, 2014

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 9:46pm On Sep 03, 2014
Fulaman198:
LOL I forgot that you have high standards for standards. Admittedly though, it does look poorly made. I have not made any attempts to buy his new album yet. What do you think of auto-tuned Fulani music? I prefer non-auto-tuned. I don't want to leave our bro OmarBah out of the equation.
My Fouta brother OmarBah, what do you think of auto-tuned Fulbe music?
I absolutely hate auto-tune. I prefer a borrowed beat from another culture than using it. To me it is an easy way for the musician to produce a melody. Either the musician works on his/her voice or produce quality music with instruments using his natural voice. With auto-tune I feel like a robot is singing to be sometimes. smiley

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:46pm On Sep 03, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: he should learn history

on the contrary Adamawa belongs to us , one of your lamido even said that recently undecided undecided

Kamerun was bigger under Germany, the british had no rights o divide Kamerun and make a referendum

look@ this map
the great and imperial Cameroon will b reformed sooner or later, you all thieves will give us back our territory or face the wrath of our imperialistic army

The Lamido is wrong. The English part of Cameroon should be a part of Nigeria not Cameroon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here! / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.