Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (345085 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 9:49pm On Sep 03, 2014
Fulaman198:

The Lamido is wrong. The English part of Cameroon should be a part of Nigeria not Cameroon.
so you know better than him?

Kamerun was not a british colony it was a mandate from the then SDN(actual ONU) so what on earth gave them the right to divide people , make a referendum and dash a part of a territory to their colony (Nigeria)
besides only north western kamerun voted yes tho the britts rigged it heavily
the southwestern kamerun voted No with over 80%
so what are you talking about, I believe you have no clue about what you are talking about

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 9:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
BahPulo: This thread has develop to a great learning place. My brother fulaman I see you guys have made a new friend from guinea. I am telling my dream of a united fulbhe seems to be making progress little by little lol. Keep posting guys I am learning .@ omarbah where in guinea are u from? Do you happen to have any info on the nine Almamys who founded the kingdom of foutah?? Thanks
In today's language I will say I am from Pita but in real Futa Jallon's term I am from Timbi Touni. As you know it was once of the Diwe (provinces) of the Theocratic Kingdom. Yes I do know a bit about the nine leaders who founded the Kingdom, what would like to know?
PS: the Almamy was the leader of all of the nine provinces, he was the Head of State.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by adamskutty(m): 9:53pm On Sep 03, 2014
Who even want u people self

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 9:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
I don't see it that way, this is more about historical facts, if Nigerians knew their history ..Bakassi would have settled quicker

anyway we want our territory and pop back

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 9:58pm On Sep 03, 2014
Omarbah:
I absolutely hate auto-tune. I prefer a borrowed beat from another culture than using it. To me it is an easy way for the musician to produce a melody. Either the musician works on his/her voice or produce quality music with instruments using his natural voice. With auto-tune I feel like a robot is singing to be sometimes. smiley

I agree with you 100%

I prefer natural voice and the natural sound of traditional instruments.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nayah(f): 10:05pm On Sep 03, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: it depends of what you mean by nothing, economically we do, culturally yes but not that much .geographically? No
Seconded
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nayah(f): 10:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: so you know better than him?

Kamerun was not a british colony it was a mandate from the then SDN(actual ONU) so what on earth gave them the right to divide people , make a referendum and dash a part of a territory to their colony (Nigeria)
besides only north western kamerun voted yes tho the britts rigged it heavily
the southwestern kamerun voted No with over 80%
so what are you talking about, I believe you have no clue about what you are talking about
Period
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nayah(f): 10:08pm On Sep 03, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: Fulani are a minority here, never forget that
They don't know...
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 10:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
Nayah:
They don't know...

We would gladly take our 10% Fulani population from Cameroon.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 10:26pm On Sep 03, 2014
Fulaman198:

lipsrsealed Time to ban myself for breaking, even though this is a thread about the Fulani.

1. Please post on topic always. Don't derail or tribalize threads.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 10:29pm On Sep 03, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: what mainstream culture?

are you trying to link colonial past with ethnicities or cultures? I am sure there are many cape verdian interested in what is happening in Angola it does not mean Angola is a west African country grin grin

we hate France , as long as there is something to say or do against them you will see Cameroonian there .

Ecowas is a basket of snakes and crabs nope thanks, we have seen how you all went against Ivory coast nope we are fine, as far I am concerned we should leave ECCASS too
I am certainly not basing myself off of colonialism. Cameroon, the French part that is, was part of French Equatorial Africa not the Western. So if colonialism was the only criteria you'd have a strong argument for staying where you are currently. But the Anglophone was part was not, that's still an important factor.
By mainstream culture I was referring Football, music, comedy, universities and politics where Cameroon and other French speaking French Africans tend to have a rivalry/friendly relations. Sometimes it is pushed to point where Cameroonians and Ivorians are called "freres ennemis" as a joke since they will collaborate with one another if their common interests are on the line.I've mentioned in previous comments how you tend to hang out more West Africans in Universities such as Moncton that many West African students attend.
My friend, needless to remind you that just like all of Francophone West Africa but Guinea, you use CFA as a currency. As long as it will be the case, you'll have to deal with France. Knowing how messed up the deal is for members , I am sure you and Cote d'Ivoire will be compelled to work together to regain monetary independence even though your CFA zones have different central banks. Unity behind that goal is the only way to end it.
Look , Gbagbo survived for 10 years under French diplomatic and sometimes military attack and under a rebellion. He did so not only because he was a clever politician but because he did receive some support from other presidents. It is in Guinea that he kept his helicopters when France was on the verse on destroying everything. But the same Gbagbo made a huge mistake by letting the UN certify the elections. Therefore he lost before the elections had begun. And do you know how much xenophobia there was during Gbagbo's rule?He alienated himself an important part of the population with his Ivoirite business. He might not have started it but his followers use it throughout his regime to fight who they considered foreigners. His death squadrons destroyed countless lives. He had made too many enemies.

For now Cameroon can trade with Nigeria but with a stronger ECOWAS(that's what we are dreaming out here lol) new terms will be imposed. I am sure Cameroon will make the best choice for her people. I mean come on, Nigeria(first economic power on the continent), Ghana, Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire and many other promising countries, it's a no-brainer . Instead of being in the same unions with Centrafrican Republic populated by savages, I am sorry but they are. Sorry Fulaman but what they did to Muslims there was unspeakable. No other term qualifies them but that.

Now am I denying your ties with Central Africa? Of course not, you've mentioned the Bantu groups. I know for a fact the Fangs would love to reconnect Ekang people. Maybe you can members of both Unions? wink
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 10:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
10% of the population (don't know if it is accurate) is still an important number. Like I said I ECOWAS is to be stronger union, I would really like my Fulani brothers from Cameroon to be part of it.
I think the Lamido was threatening to leave because he wanted better treatment and respect. After all, Modibo Adamawa studied in Hausaland and his state responded to SOKOTO which happens to in modern day Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nayah(f): 1:02am On Sep 04, 2014
Fulaman198:

Because they told you they want to go out ? Loool

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by axum: 1:26am On Sep 04, 2014
This fulani guy must have really wanted to scare a Bantu away from coming near his sister. grin

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 1:31am On Sep 04, 2014
How did Cameroon enta dis matter? shocked
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Onilaiscool(f): 2:10am On Sep 04, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

thank you
besides without being in Ecowas we already have free trade and movement with Nigeria and buckle up Mali grin grin(Ahidjo's work )
so we fine with our Bantu brothers

what matters ya all are in the central

whether yr benefiting form our economy or not
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Onilaiscool(f): 2:15am On Sep 04, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: he should learn history

on the contrary Adamawa belongs to us , one of your lamido even said that recently undecided undecided

Kamerun was bigger under Germany, the british had no rights o divide Kamerun and make a referendum

look@ this map
the great and imperial Cameroon will b reformed sooner or later, you all thieves will give us back our territory or face the wrath of our imperialistic army

its normal for countries to get smaller or bigger throughout history

get over it
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by adamskutty(m): 8:02am On Sep 04, 2014
axum: This fulani guy must have really wanted to scare a Bantu away from coming near his sister. grin
oh lord grin grin grin
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 2:02pm On Sep 04, 2014
@BahPullo, since you have not replied yet, I'll just go ahead and name the nine Diwe( province) that formed Futa Jallon and the leaders of each at the creation of the Kingdom.

Timbo, the capital headed by Alfa Ibrahima Sambegu, the first Almamy of the Kingdom

Labe, the largest region which is present day Labe, Mali and Koumbia, headed by Alfa Mamadu Sellu known as Kamamoko Alfa Mo Labe

Timbi-Touni, Pita and Telimele, headed by Thierno Suleyman

Koin which is Tougue headed by Thierno Saliu Balla who is Thierno Suleyman's half brother.

Fougoumba, Alfa Mamadou Sadio

Kollade, Alfa Amadou

Kebali, headed by Alfa Musa who was the only "Sow" among the leaders.

Bhouria headed by Thierno Samba Bhouria who was at some point the Islamic Teacher of Afa Ibrahima Sambegu

Foudouye Hadji located east of Timbo was populated by Maninka, they had their own Chief but he remained attached to Timbo. Present day Dabola was part of this province. The town is populated today by Fulbe and Maninka with a dominance of Maninka's in terms of numbers.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
Where am i even going to begin with all the rubbish being spewed on this thread...... sigh!~~
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by BahPulo(f): 4:45pm On Sep 04, 2014
@ omarbah thanks I forgot to log out but I was not online. Anyway from your last post you answered my question. Do you happen to know of any good book on this period? I am from pita too that's crazy Gongoreh Maci to be precise. But my dad moved to Senegal in 1954 and married there; all his kids were born in Dakar where we still call home. I didn't know much about Guinea until I got married and travelled there for the first time. I know many people from timbimadina by the way.
@ rest of the posters stop diverting the thread please . you want to discuss cameroun open a mm other thread thank you
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 5:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
@ BahPullo
Here is an ebook on webpulaaku. On this website, you can learn about the history of Fulbe throughout Africa including those in Senegal and Nigeria.
http://www.webfuuta.net/bibliotheque/btm/tome1/tdm.html
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
Omarbah: @ BahPullo
Here is a ebook on webpulaaku. On this website, you can learn about the history of Fulbe throughout Africa including those in Senegal and Nigeria.
http://www.webfuuta.net/bibliotheque/btm/tome1/tdm.html

Dang! I finally find material on Fulani history that seems to be comprehensive...and it's in French! sad
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 5:35pm On Sep 04, 2014
Bororojo: Where am i even going to begin with all the rubbish being spewed on this thread...... sigh!~~

You can begin with the Cameroonians
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2014
Radoillo:

Dang! I finally find material on Fulani history that seems to be comprehensive...and it's in French! sad
sorry, you can still find some books in English on the website though like the Fulani Empire of Sokoto
http://www.webpulaaku.net/defte/hasJohnston/ack.html
Don't know if you have read it before though.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Onilaiscool(f): 1:04am On Sep 05, 2014
Germany colonized Cameroon till 1912

during the first or second world war, the french and British tried to reduce Germany influence on the African continent
due to the geographical proximity to french and English speaking countries, it was easier for french and the British to take over Germany colonies

the french and the british took togo and cameroon
while the British took Namibia only

togo and cameroon share similar colonial administration

they were Germany colonies at the beginning but now two parts of these countries speak french and English

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Ashantiking: 4:42am On Sep 05, 2014
Onilaiscool: Germany colonized Cameroon till 1912

during the first or second world war, the french and British tried to reduce Germany influence on the African continent
due to the geographical proximity to french and English speaking countries, it was easier for french and the British to take over Germany colonies

the french and the british took togo and cameroon
while the British took Namibia only

togo and cameroon share similar colonial administration

they were Germany colonies at the beginning but now two parts of these countries speak french and English

The English side of Togo became part of Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 05, 2014
Omarbah:
sorry, you can still find some books in English on the website though like the Fulani Empire of Sokoto
http://www.webpulaaku.net/defte/hasJohnston/ack.html
Don't know if you have read it before though.

This is actually great. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 2:40pm On Sep 05, 2014
Alright ladies and gents please stop derailing the thread. Onila, Ashantiking and Adamskutty.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here! / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.