Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (344994 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:52am On May 31, 2015
OmarBah bandam, Mi yi'i ma cheesy , mi salmini ma bandiraawo, nyali jam e mon pullo bandam! A jaamo? ada selli?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:53am On May 31, 2015
Fulaman198:

Many Nigerian Fulani from Adamawa and Taraba and (Adamamoua) in Kamer have been back and forth to Cameroon and Nigeria (though not these days with Boko on the loose shocked)

Yeah true tho the Taraba ones most of the time go to the NW region and W region , there is actually an administrative and land problem in the w region the mbororro want to settle and create a chiefdom but the Bamun sultan doesn't want and he is sabotaging the state efforts , I guess he doesn't want to end like Hausa sarduna tongue
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 3:54am On May 31, 2015
kaura5000:
Fulaman I think one of the things that is hindering the growth of fula cultures and language as it suppose to are caused by fula people themselves..is like fula culture is not so welcoming of foreigners and they are not exact mechanism to categorize who is a pulaar and who is not. In most open cultures aa far as you speak practice the culture you are seen as one... but in fula culture when a person tries to be one he wont be accepted rather he would term hal pulareen etc.. thats what discourages those who are pure pular from our mother's side... most fulani I met instead of them to appreciate me speaking the language they wont..they would try to explain to me how they are more pular than me....never mind the English,, by the way what is goddo am?
"goddo am" is like saying "my person or my people.
Fulani society is very conservative and fulbe are suspicious in nature so that might explain why they would automatically trust someone coming them as a Pullo. The more you live with them though, the more you become one of them. There are people in Mali, Guinea and even Nigeria that carry Mande last names but are fully Fulanis. Amadou Toumani Toure, the former president of Mali is Fulani though his last name is typically carried by Mande people. I think the current leader of Tabital Pulaagu is a Cisse, a surname carried by Mande too.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:55am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Yeah true tho the Taraba ones most of the time go to the NW region and W region , there is actually an administrative and land problem in the w region the mbororro want to settle and create a chiefdom but the Bamun sultan doesn't want and he is sabotaging the state efforts , I guess he doesn't want to end like Hausa sarduna tongue

I know man you know the association for Fulani in Cameroon is called Mboscuda, they have done so much for the Mbororo'en in Kamer compared to the useless Mi yetti Allah association.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:55am On May 31, 2015
Fulaman198:

We have never sucked on Arab anything, personally for me I'm not into Arabs.

Good , that's one thing I like with you, but I'm afraid you are only a drop in the ocean sad

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:57am On May 31, 2015
Omarbah:

"goddo am" is like saying "my person or my people.
Fulani society is very conservative and fulbe are suspicious in nature so that might explain why they would automatically trust someone coming them as a Pullo. The more you live with them though, the more you become one of them. There are people in Mali, Guinea and even Nigeria that carry Mande last names but are fully Fulanis. Amadou Toumani Toure, the former president of Mali is Fulani though his last name is typically carried by Mande people. I think the current leader of Tabital Pulaagu is a Cisse, a surname carried by Mande too.

Mali is a very strange case. There are even Songhai that carry the name "Toure". I don't get Mali. They carry Cisse as well. At least in Gambia's case where people like Juldeh (first name Fulani and Julde in the Fulani language means prayer) but his name is Camara which is completely Mande.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:59am On May 31, 2015
Fulaman198:

Mali is a very strange case. There are even Songhai that carry the name "Toure". I don't get Mali. They carry Cisse as well. At least in Gambia's case where people like Juldeh (first name Fulani and Julde in the Fulani language means prayer) but his name is Camara which is completely Mande.

Meant to say that at least in Gambia's case, they are Rimaybe
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:59am On May 31, 2015
Fulaman198:

I know man you know the association for Fulani in Cameroon is called Mboscuda, they have done so much for the Mbororo'en in Kamer compared to the useless Mi yetti Allah association.

Yup , I'm in full support of settlement programs not in my region tho, as I am 100% anti Islam. I don't like nomads and nomadic lifestyle, it creates problems and a prosperous state must control his population, we can't have people living like marginal, I'm sure if reformed and introduced in the mainstream society, we can learn two or three things from Fulani .same with Baka
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:00am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Yup , I'm in full support of settlement programs not in my region tho, as I am 100% anti Islam. I don't like nomads and nomadic lifestyle, it creates problems and a prosperous state must control his population, we can't have people living like marginal, I'm sure if reformed and introduced in the mainstream society, we can learn two or three things from Fulani .same with Baka

So you are saying you want Fulani to give up a 10,000 year old tradition and join in with the others and become wannabe white men? I laugh in Fulfulde.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 4:06am On May 31, 2015
Fulaman198:
OmarBah bandam, Mi yi'i ma cheesy , mi salmini ma bandiraawo, nyali jam e mon pullo bandam! A jaamo? ada selli?
A jarama Pullo. Mida selli. Ankadi ada selli? Sudu mada no selli?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:11am On May 31, 2015
Omarbah:

A jarama Pullo. Mida selli. Ankadi ada selli? Sudu mada no selli?

Usseko (kotoli e fouta jaloore) bandam, min fuu, mida selli maasin. Noy Koreeji di be leydi Ameriki?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 4:11am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
which makes us go back to my first point,you mostly contributed to their fall, by teaching I meant reforming, since according to your forefathers they weren't sucking to Arabs enough
Lol sucking to Arabs. We have never submitted to them. Yes we embraced Islam but that doesnt mean one is a wannabe Arab. As a matter of fact, our books in 17 and 18th century were written in Pulaar/ fulfude. Recently in Paris, the Timbuktu manuscrits enjoyed an exposition, fulfulde was the onyl African language to have books written in it. If we were Arab wannabe, we would have chosen to write in Arabic.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:12am On May 31, 2015
Fulaman198:

So you are saying you want Fulani to give up a 10,000 year old tradition and join in with the others and become wannabe white men? I laugh in Fulfulde.

The other option is to create your own country and live your pullaagu the way you want, the fact is we can't not allow people to destroy crops putting our food security in danger, we can't allow people not taking their vaccines and carrying medieval diseases in the name of culture , if settling and building ranches is living like white men so b it , we are tired of fulbe moving their cattle on our roads, use trains or rent trucks like everybody that's what the 21st century is about , adapting our way of life to others, as a town Fulani you should know better , did that make you Arab?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 4:13am On May 31, 2015
Fulaman198:

The Soninke along with the Fulanis are among the first ethnic groups in west Africa to embrace Islam so it is not surprising that some of them by living among fulbe became part of us. Cisse, Toure are Soninke, a sub group of Mande people.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 4:14am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

But your first president was Fulani. Lol

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:15am On May 31, 2015
Omarbah:

The Soninke along with the Fulanis are the among the first ethnic groups in west Africa to embrace Islam so it is not surprising that some of them by living among fulbe became part of us. Cisse, Toure are Soninke, a sub group of Mande people.

Ok that makes a lot more sense now, I knew a Fulani from Guinea would know the answer cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:19am On May 31, 2015
Omarbah:

Lol sucking to Arabs. We have never submitted to them. Yes we embraced Islam but that doesnt mean one is a wannabe Arab. As a matter of fact, our books in 17 and 18th century were written in Pulaar/ fulfude. Recently in Paris, the Timbuktu manuscrits enjoyed an exposition, fulfulde was the onyl African language to have books written in it. If we were Arab wannabe, we would have chosen to write in Arabic.

Do Fulani even know when they became Muslims ?

Btw your analogy is very poor, you know what they say? There are examples for everything, of course when pushed to the wall the fulbe will use fulbe especially when the exposition was on Africa ,using Arabic would have been quite out of place, but I can also give you examples of fulbe sucking up to Arabs .
Btw there is one groupe called zone fulbe on FBk , they are writing in Arabic most of the time and always posting Qur'an like it is a religious group.

Btw Hi
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 4:19am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

The other option is to create your own country and live your pullaagu the way you want, the fact is we can't not allow people to destroy crops putting our food security in danger, we can't allow people not taking their vaccines and carrying medieval diseases in the name of culture , if settling and building ranches is living like white men so b it , we are tired of fulbe moving their cattle on our roads, use trains or rent trucks like everybody that's what the 21st century is about , adapting our way of life to others, as a town Fulani you should know better , did that make you Arab?
Come on now, you wont tell fulanis what it is like to live in the 21 st century. We have had this conversation before when I told you it requires political will to solve this farmers/ herdsmen problem. We have it throughout the continent. Grazing areas need to be developped and ranches should be built to embrace people to settle.
In Cameroon, many proeminent fulanis have industries and are influent members of the state. If they take this problem seriously it can be solved. But Africans generally like to ask people to change instead of take appropriate measures to solve problems.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 4:20am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Btw your analogy is very poor, you know what they say? There are examples for everything, of course when pushed to the wall the fulbe will use fulbe especially when the exposition was on Africa ,using Arabic would have been quite out of place, but I can also give you examples of fulbe sucking up to Arabs .
Btw there is one groupe called zone fulbe on FBk , they are writing in Arabic most of the time and always posting Qur'an like it is a religious group.

Btw Hi

The Fulanis most likely writing in Arabic are Fulanis from Sudan
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:20am On May 31, 2015
Omarbah:

But your first president was Fulani. Lol

Your point ?? Did you see him running after cattle ?

Btw that was an accident, and we all know how that happened. Stick to the issues raised
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 4:26am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Btw Hi
Hi to you too.
Zone fulbe publishes in Fulfule, French and English. You will find some fulbe responding in Arabic and it is quite logical because unlike us, they went to Arab schools. If it depended on me, fulanis all of regions should standardize the language and use it for all communication instead of writting in foreign languages. You wont see fulanis speaking a european language or Arabic when gathered, ever.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 4:28am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Your point ?? Did you see him running after cattle ?

Btw that was an accident, and we all know how that happened. Stick to the issues raised
My point is, you cant look at herdsmen and draw conclusions on fulanis. We are quite diverse from political leaders( why I mentioned Ahidjo) to business leaders to herdsmen.
Ahidjo did some good work in Cameroon despite anything one might say about him.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:29am On May 31, 2015
Omarbah:

Come on now, you wont tell fulanis what it is like to live in the 21 st century. We have had this conversation before when I told you it requires political will to solve this farmers/ herdsmen problem. We have it throughout the continent. Grazing areas need to be developped and ranches should be built to embrace people to settle.
In Cameroon, many proeminent fulanis have industries and are influent members of the state. If they take this problem seriously it can be solved. But Africans generally like to ask people to change instead of take appropriate measures to solve problems.

You can't solve issue without change , people have to come out from their shell or comfort zone. Btw culture is dynamic, in order to diffuse communities clashes,fulbe must adapt and change their way of life, I don't think ranch is much of a big deal, they have big regions and they love horse riding too at least the town ones do.

And yes we have prominent fulbe that's why I wonder why the so called elites want their people to remain backward and in the bush? For them to shout marginalization ? Or maybe because they still enjoy the monopoly of their education and are selfish individuals,yes why are those fulbe not running after cattle too? Or the pullaagu doesn't apply to them ? It is clear that there is an agenda which goals are to keep the people in the dark while the rich are in douala and yde in fenced duplex organizing. Orgies loal
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 4:32am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Btw Hi
Oh yes we do when we first embrace Islam. It was during the Tekrur kingdom that located in Northern Senegal. Althought not all Fulanis became Muslims at the time.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:34am On May 31, 2015
Omarbah:

My point is, you cant look at herdsmen and draw conclusions on fulanis. We are quite diverse from political leaders( why I mentioned Ahidjo) to business leaders to herdsmen.
Ahidjo did some good work in Cameroon despite anything one might say about him.

I think only Cameroonian have the right to judge him, and as far as most of us are concerned ahidjo was a dictator who belongs to the dustbin, a French stooge, no wonder is body will never come back and his grave have been desecrated several times. Now I don't look all fulbe as herdsmen loal, that wouldn't b fair, there are some gatemen too ah ah that was a joke I couldn't hold myself .
But I am still suspicious of the Fulani you never know with them
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 4:38am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

You can't solve issue without change , people have to come out from their shell or comfort zone. Btw culture is dynamic, in order to diffuse communities clashes,fulbe must adapt and change their way of life, I don't think ranch is much of a big deal, they have big regions and they love horse riding too at least the town ones do.

And yes we have prominent fulbe that's why I wonder why the so called elites want their people to remain backward and in the bush? For them to shout marginalization ? Or maybe because they still enjoy the monopoly of their education and are selfish individuals,yes why are those fulbe not running after cattle too? Or the pullaagu doesn't apply to them ? It is clear that there is an agenda which goals are to keep the people in the dark while the rich are in douala and yde in fenced duplex organizing. Orgies loal
I have to disagree. Lamairu Network is an organization that heps many Bororo'en settle on Cameroon. They are doing what they can with few means at their disposal. In Guinea for example you dont have this issue. The vast majority of fulbe have settled. Heck, no days cattle herding have been replacing by trade. But this is the case because we control a whole region called Futa Djallon and built grazing areas to avoid the farmers. Even in Texas, America, they got grazing lands.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:39am On May 31, 2015
Omarbah:

Hi to you too.
Zone fulbe publishes in Fulfule, French and English. You will find some fulbe responding in Arabic and it is quite logical because unlike us, they went to Arab schools. If it depended on me, fulanis all of regions should standardize the language and use it for all communication instead of writting in foreign languages. You wont see fulanis speaking a european language or Arabic when gathered, ever.

Cool
&
Okay
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 4:41am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

I think only Cameroonian have the right to judge him, and as far as most of us are concerned ahidjo was a dictator who belongs to the dustbin, a French stooge, no wonder is body will never come back and his grave have been desecrated several times. Now I don't look all fulbe as herdsmen loal, that wouldn't b fair, there are some gatemen too ah ah that was a joke I couldn't hold myself .
But I am still suspicious of the Fulani you never know with them
It is always funny to me when I hear Cameroonians call Ahidjo a French stooge and claim that Biya is closet "resistant."
Ahidjo's body is in Senegal, he got other fulanis there too, so it is no biggy.
Why do you mistrust us? Lol what can we possibly do?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:42am On May 31, 2015
Omarbah:

I have to disagree. Lamairu Network is an organization that heps many Bororo'en settle on Cameroon. They are doing what they can with few means at their disposal. In Guinea for example you dont have this issue. The vast majority of fulbe have settled. Heck, no days cattle herding have been replacing by trade. But this is the case because we control a whole region called Futa Djallon and built grazing areas to avoid the farmers. Even in Texas, America, they got grazing lands.

Then we agree that settling is the way to go, now another prominent fulbe like fulaman needs to accept that, btw I was talking in general esp for Nigeria with Fulani assaulting,maiming and killing people on a daily basis. I know in Cameroon there is a settlement program
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 4:48am On May 31, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Then we agree that settling is the way to go, now another prominent fulbe like fulaman needs to accept that, btw I was talking in general esp for Nigeria with Fulani assaulting,maiming and killing people on a daily basis. I know in Cameroon there is a settlement program
See this is where part of the problem is my brother. When fulanis are attacked, their sisters and mothers molested, their property stolen, the media in Nigeria rarely reports it. They close their eyes and forget it. Now when fulanis retaliate, they run off reporting with inflated numbers. Otherwise why do you still this problem doesnt occur in Cameroon as much as it does in Nigeria? Did you know in the mid belt they had fulanis killed and eaten ?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:50am On May 31, 2015
Omarbah:

It is always funny to me when I hear Cameroonians call Ahidjo a French stooge and claim that Biya is closet "resistant."
Ahidjo's body is in Senegal, he got other fulanis there too, so it is no biggy.
Why do you mistrust us? Lol what can we possibly do?

This is what I said only Cameroonian can judge that devil . Ahidjo hands in hands with the French army killed over 300.000 people in Cameroon, using napalm and bombing our regions and people ? Ahidjo beheaded Ossende Afana and asked for his head as a trophy one of Africa greatest economist of his time, the bad deeds of ahidjo are too much, but we understand he was a Malian, also he is responsible tho France take most of the blame for the economic crisis that hit us in the 90s because of debts, he was also a tribalist.

In Cameroon there is nothing you can do however, my problem is I see Fulani as people who do understand nationhood and state loyalty, they are also too religious esp Muslims for my liking. Those are personal observations and analysis.

And for God sake never ever compare Ahidjo with Biya ...Ahidjo is garbage
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 4:56am On May 31, 2015
Omarbah:

See this is where part of the problem is my brother. When fulanis are attacked, their sisters and mothers molested, their property stolen, the media in Nigeria rarely reports it. They close their eyes and forget it. Now when fulanis retaliate, they run off reporting with inflated numbers. Otherwise why do you still this problem doesnt occur in Cameroon as much as it does in Nigeria? Did you know in the mid belt they had fulanis killed and eaten ?

Clashes happen if I'm not mistaken but there are not as violent,besides Cameroonian are pacific in nature and most believe in the state ability to resolve problems or conflicts , that's why a farmer will go the police station instead of confronting the intruders or shooting at them.
Do you have reports of Fulani being attacked ? Who is preventing them for creating their own radios? I don't believe what you said to b honest but if it is true then the govt should act fast.

I watched the video of that incident , I think the clash was based on religion and not ethnicity and at the time of the report the article said Hausa ? And I believe in was in retaliation .Berom vs Hausa if I'm not mistaken

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here! / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.