Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (345457 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by sherlock229(m): 11:31am On Mar 02, 2016
Fulaman198:

You do realise that this post is bull crap. We are not mixed and one of the oldest groups in West Africa. There is no Eurasian ancestry. Do not spread false information, thanks!

Fulani are mixed,heck everyone is mixed at some point,but Fulani's have mixed with Berbers,i read it somewhere that Fulani are the results of Berbers and black people mixing.

But if you say you are not,then who am I to say otherwise,heck Yoruba have Neanderthal DNA,and yet most do not look like Fulani,so if you say you aren't mix,maybe you are right then,am not Fulani though.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 5:57pm On Mar 02, 2016
sherlock229:

Fulani are mixed,heck everyone is mixed at some point,but Fulani's have mixed with Berbers,i read it somewhere that Fulani are the results of Berbers and black people mixing.

But if you say you are not,then who am I to say otherwise,heck Yoruba have Neanderthal DNA,and yet most do not look like Fulani,so if you say you aren't mix,maybe you are right then,am not Fulani though.

Sorry to say but that was all speculation. Recent research shows that it's not true. This documentary also shows it well. So kindly please don't spread misinformation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kZL2f-GrqY

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Baaballiyo(m): 6:38pm On Mar 20, 2016
Hmmm very interesting Stuff by and large
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Baaballiyo(m): 7:28pm On Mar 20, 2016
Wow ! I wish I was here when the thread was so active and hot, when ppl lyk Omarbah, Bororojo, Takamba among others were all active. Not forgetting the controversial Axum with his obsession with Somali Hair and his hatred for the Bantus.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Baaballiyo(m): 8:07pm On Mar 20, 2016
Nonetheless, I was abled to read all post from the first to the last I was indeed amazed, enlightened, educated atimes confused or disgusted.
Being ' The prodigal son' ( Hausa Fulani ) of the Fula, I would like to ask some questions and may be clarify some issues regarding the Fulani/Hausa Fulani in North West Nigeria.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:14pm On Mar 20, 2016
Baaballiyo:
Nonetheless, I was abled to read all post from the first to the last I was indeed amazed, enlightened, educated atimes confused or disgusted.
Being ' The prodigal son' ( Hausa Fulani ) of the Fula, I would like to ask some questions and may be clarify some issues regarding the Fulani/Hausa Fulani in North West Nigeria.

What would you like to know?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Baaballiyo(m): 10:18pm On Mar 20, 2016
Fulaman198:

What would you like to know?
(1) Difference between Rimbe and Rimaybe.
(2) Difference between Wodaabe and Mbororo'en ( bararoji as we call them here)
(3) About the Tukulors, bc I read a post by Omarbah insinuating ( or my be 'saying' would be the appropriate word ) that the Sullubawa Fulani Clan of Kano and Katsina are Tukulors not Fulanis.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 11:38pm On Mar 20, 2016
Baaballiyo:

(1) Difference between Rimbe and Rimaybe.
(2) Difference between Wodaabe and Mbororo'en ( bararoji as we call them here)
(3) About the Tukulors, bc I read a post by Omarbah insinuating ( or my be 'saying' would be the appropriate word ) that the Sullubawa Fulani Clan of Kano and Katsina are Tukulors not Fulanis.

Rimbe are those of noble birth and are considered to be pure Fulani, these are the Free Fulani those who were never slaves. Rimaybe are more like assimilated people that became part of the Fulani culture but were not born of Fulani blood originally overtime, their blood line is not originally Fulani I mean, they could have become assimilated as a result of being Maccube (slaves) or war.

Wodaabe are a subgroup of Mbororo'en. So in essence, they are Boroje.

Tukulors (Toucouleurs en francais) are also another subgroup of Fulani, it's strange with them. They are referred to as Haal'pulaaren (which just means speakers of the Pulaar/Fulfulde language). They often have Full Fulani names, some with Serer, Wolof, and even Mande names. But I believe that they are considered to be Fulani. They are found mainly in Senegal and Mauritania. Their ancient kingdom was called Tekrur. Their native language is the Fulani language. The main difference between the Tukulor and other mainstream Fulani is that instead of being Herdsmen (Waynaabe), the Tukulor are often Fishermen.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Baaballiyo(m): 12:14am On Mar 21, 2016
Fulaman198:

Rimbe are those of noble birth and are considered to be pure Fulani, these are the Free Fulani those who were never slaves. Rimaybe are more like assimilated people that became part of the Fulani culture but were not born of Fulani blood originally overtime, their blood line is not originally Fulani I mean, they could have become assimilated as a result of being Maccube (slaves) or war.

Wodaabe are a subgroup of Mbororo'en. So in essence, they are Boroje.

Tukulors (Toucouleurs en francais) are also another subgroup of Fulani, it's strange with them. They are referred to as Haal'pulaaren (which just means speakers of the Pulaar/Fulfulde language). They often have Full Fulani names, some with Serer, Wolof, and even Mande names. But I believe that they are considered to be Fulani. They are found mainly in Senegal and Mauritania. Their ancient kingdom was called Tekrur. Their native language is the Fulani language. The main difference between the Tukulor and other mainstream Fulani is that instead of being Herdsmen (Waynaabe), the Tukulor are often Fishermen.
Mi yetti.

But, Useni What Traits, Habits or Behaviour makes one a Wodaabe, bc it's on this tread I know of them (Wodaabe) but I do know the Mbororo'en we use to host them in our district twice yearly when they travel from and back to Niger Republic.

And about the Tukulors, do they have thesame ancestry/blood with the other Fulani Groups ? And they just abandon the Nomadic culture or do they have a different ancestry/blood ? They just adopted the Fulfulde and forget their Language.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by curi00: 1:10am On Mar 21, 2016
Baaballiyo:

Mi yetti.

But, Useni What Traits, Habits or Behaviour makes one a Wodaabe, bc it's on this tread I know of them (Wodaabe) but I do know the Mbororo'en we use to host them in our district twice yearly when they travel from and back to Niger Republic.

And about the Tukulors, do they have thesame ancestry/blood with the other Fulani Groups ? And they just abandon the Nomadic culture or do they have a different ancestry/blood ? They just adopted the Fulfulde and forget their Language.
There is 2 groups of tukulors, the one who descent from the kingdom of tekrur with sy, ly as family names for example and the other who is the result of fulani, serer and others tribes but especially fulani and serer. In Senegal, they are all consider fulani because they speak the language and have adopted the culture. I have many tukulors on my family, we can see the one who look fulani and the other who look serer. We often say "he is tukulor so he is fulani it's the same". Finally, as fulanis are among theirs ancestors, they are fulanis by blood and language.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by GorkoSusaay: 2:48am On Mar 21, 2016
curi00:

There is 2 groups of tukulors, the one who descent from the kingdom of tekrur with sy, ly as family names for example and the other who is the result of fulani, serer and others tribes but especially fulani and serer. In Senegal, they are all consider fulani because they speak the language and have adopted the culture. I have many tukulors on my family, we can see the one who look fulani and the other who look serer. We often say "he is tukulor so he is fulani it's the same". Finally, as fulanis are among theirs ancestors, they are fulanis by blood and language.

I think those with the last names "Sy", "Ly", "Hann" are of moorish descent and not Takruri. These last names are fairly recent and date from the Sharr Buba warr (1645-1675). Those with the last name "Sall", "Dia"...etc are more Takruri. And althoguh Fulani, they are borne by the descendants of the dynasties that ruled part of Fouta, before the advent of Koly.
To the previous poster, Toucouleur/Tukulor are those that were sedentary, muslim and adopted the Fulbe culture. Takrur is a name used by men literate in Arabic originally. Before the Torodo revolution in 1776, Fouta-Toro was ruled by a Fulani dynasty who were nominally muslim, much like pre Dan-Fodio Hausaland. In this context, Toucouleur/Tukulor distinguished themselves from the Fulani dynasty, by their strict adherence to religion. The fact that many other mallams from other part of Senegal settled in Fouta-Toro following the revolution, became Fulanized in culture strengthened the distinction. Toucouleur/Tukulor used to mean Muslim, of Fulani culture, and sedentary. Now it is not much distinct from "Pullo" although many Tukulor have Moorish, Wolof, Serer and Fulani ancestry. The unifying factor is the religion and the culture, hence "Haalpulaaren".

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by curi00: 11:06am On Mar 21, 2016
GorkoSusaay:

I think those with the last names "Sy", "Ly", "Hann" are of moorish descent and not Takruri. These last names are fairly recent and date from the Sharr Buba warr (1645-1675). Those with the last name "Sall", "Dia"...etc are more Takruri. And althoguh Fulani, they are borne by the descendants of the dynasties that ruled part of Fouta, before the advent of Koly.
To the previous poster, Toucouleur/Tukulor are those that were sedentary, muslim and adopted the Fulbe culture. Takrur is a name used by men literate in Arabic originally. Before the Torodo revolution in 1776, Fouta-Toro was ruled by a Fulani dynasty who were nominally muslim, much like pre Dan-Fodio Hausaland. In this context, Toucouleur/Tukulor distinguished themselves from the Fulani dynasty, by their strict adherence to religion. The fact that many other mallams from other part of Senegal settled in Fouta-Toro following the revolution, became Fulanized in culture strengthened the distinction. Toucouleur/Tukulor used to mean Muslim, of Fulani culture, and sedentary. Now it is not much distinct from "Pullo" although many Tukulor have Moorish, Wolof, Serer and Fulani ancestry. The unifying factor is the religion and the culture, hence "Haalpulaaren".
Those names are not of moorish descent at all. Moorish names are very famous in Senegal like Aidara or Amar. There is some suspicious about the origin of Tekrur. For the rest, you are partially right
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Baaballiyo(m): 11:52am On Mar 21, 2016
Thanks @curi00 and Garkosusaay.
@Garkosusaay That means the Tukulors value religion (Islam) above anything. They prefer being Muslims above being anything else. I never heard of the word Tukulor and Haalpuularaen before I joined this forum/thread that's why am confused but now am gradually getting enlightenment, here in North West Nigeria (Part of the Old Sokoto Empire) we only know of Fulani (Fula) and the only subgroup we know are the Mbororo'en. Did the word "Torodbe" mean anything.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by GorkoSusaay: 4:16pm On Mar 21, 2016
Baaballiyo:
@Garkosusaay That means the Tukulors value religion (Islam) above anything. They prefer being Muslims above being anything else. I never heard of the word Tukulor and Haalpuularaen before I joined this forum/thread that's why am confused but now am gradually getting enlightenment, here in North West Nigeria (Part of the Old Sokoto Empire) we only know of Fulani (Fula) and the only subgroup we know are the Mbororo'en. Did the word "Torodbe" mean anything.
Yes, Tukulor are like Toronkawa in Hausaland, before Dan Fodio. Except that all of its members do not have a Fulani ancestry, but share Islam, Fulani culture and a sedentary life, as culture.

curi00:

Those names are not of moorish descent at all. Moorish names are very famous in Senegal like Aidara or Amar. There is some suspicious about the origin of Tekrur. For the rest, you are partially right
I agree that Aidara and Amar are among the most famous Moorish names, but it's because they are fairly recent/popular. Aidara denotes a descendant of the Prophet while Amar are Zenaga Berbers (Idaw al Hajj). But some "Tukulor" last names are much older. They date from the Sharr Buba War.
The Sissibé ("Sy"wink in Souyouma (Podor) are descendants of Shams Eddine Sy, an "Arab" according to tradition but more likely a Moor. The Lidoubé ("Ly"wink also claim descent from Jamly, an "Arab" but a Moor, more likely. It's not evident because those families have intermarried with local populations for 500 years. They are not any different in complexion from others.
I am from Fouta-Toro and my great grandmother was a Sy, and have many cousin with "Ly" as last names.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by curi00: 5:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
GorkoSusaay:

Yes, Tukulor are like Toronkawa in Hausaland, before Dan Fodio. Except that all of its members do not have a Fulani ancestry, but share Islam, Fulani culture and a sedentary life, as culture.

I agree that Aidara and Amar are among the most famous Moorish names, but it's because they are fairly recent/popular. Aidara denotes a descendant of the Prophet while Amar are Zenaga Berbers (Idaw al Hajj). But some "Tukulor" last names are much older. They date from the Sharr Buba War.
The Sissibé ("Sy"wink in Souyouma (Podor) are descendants of Shams Eddine Sy, an "Arab" according to tradition but more likely a Moor. The Lidoubé ("Ly"wink also claim descent from Jamly, an "Arab" but a Moor, more likely. It's not evident because those families have intermarried with local populations for 500 years. They are not any different in complexion from others.
I am from Fouta-Toro and my great grandmother was a Sy, and have many cousin with "Ly" as last names.

What you said about Aidara and Amar are correct, my grandmother is Aidara and many of my cousins are Sy. Ly and Sy are tuculor names just like Fall, tall.
Some North Africans wear Aidara, Amar as family names even North Africans jews but never Ly, Sy, etc...because thoses ones are not of moorish descent.
Many Africans traditions said they descent from Arabs but that's not true.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by curi00: 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2016
Baaballiyo:
You're welcome !!

We learn stuff everyday, it's very interesting to know different African tribes and ours African histories in general
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by curi00: 5:40pm On Mar 21, 2016
GorkoSusaay:

I have my grandfather's brother saying their first male ancestor is from Irak, he wrote a book about it, now many members of my family believe it while elders people know that's story is not true. My dada was like, you are African be proud to be African.
It's like some people claiming to be cherif while they are not. There was a study about understanding why some muslim African tribes say they descent from Arabs just like North African claiming to be Arabs, that was very interesting

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by GorkoSusaay: 6:36pm On Mar 21, 2016
curi00:

I have my grandfather's brother saying their first male ancestor is from Irak, he wrote a book about it, now many members of my family believe it while elders people know that's story is not true. My dada was like, you are African be proud to be African.
It's like some people claiming to be cherif while they are not. There was a study about understanding why some muslim African tribes say they descent from Arabs just like North African claiming to be Arabs, that was very interesting

Exactly. It is the same pattern. Arabic ancestry was fancied by the first muslim families.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Baaballiyo(m): 10:52pm On Mar 21, 2016
curi00:

You're welcome !!

We learn stuff everyday, it's very interesting to know different African tribes and ours African histories in general

Yes indeed very interesting.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:56am On Mar 23, 2016
Fulani are really beautiful people, though am a Yoruba man but my great-great grandfather was a Fulani man but, settled in the southwest got married to a Yoruba woman. Till today some of my family still has that physical feature of Fulani, like my younger sisters and my father.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by sukadikko: 4:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
I am happy to come across insightful information about the Fulani. I would want to be an active participant on the Fulani discourse. I think I have a lot to learn and a little to share from this platform.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
sukadikko:
I am happy to come across insightful information about the Fulani. I would want to be an active participant on the Fulani discourse. I think I have a lot to learn and a little to share from this platform.

Mi hofni ma Suka Dikko bandiiko. Thank you please be an active participant here. It looks like the Fulani community is growing on Nairaland.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by sukadikko: 9:19pm On Mar 27, 2016
Very grateful for the warm welcome and making me have a sense of belonging. However, the greatest challenge confronting me is my inability to speak Fulfulde, the language of a race that I pride myself of. Despite that my children bear distinct Fulani identities; the first ( a female) is nicknamed Suka while the boy is Dikko. I hope the discussion has commenced with this narrative.
Fulaman198:

Mi hofni ma Suka Dikko bandiiko. Thank you please be an active participant here. It looks like the Fulani community is growing on Nairaland.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by panditocracy(m): 3:30pm On May 22, 2016
My Abuja friend Aisha always said to me that if the igbos and fulani intermarry and give birth to any child that that child would be very very very beautiful. Maybe going by the beauty of the two tribes. Although she want me to do the thing with her grin but am scared cos my people in the southeast might cut off that thing btw my legs if I try am.

Then I always said that of course it is true. No doubt about that but the animosity btw us two will not let that See the light of day as per the Biafran Civil War. But apart from that I will always prefer me a nice shapely igbo beauty to any fulani babe because most don't look sexually attractive but just pretty.

Aisha am sorry wherever you are now cause it won't work out between me and you. Am sooo sorry to leave you. But you have you fulani guys and I have my stunning Ada owerri babe to marry. grin
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by dajan03: 4:34pm On May 22, 2016
jayseehe:
ehm, if they are beautiful, why do they use Igbo and Yoruba girls as their state representatives for miss Nigeria pageant

*looks left, looks right... runs away from thread
the Hausa/Fulani people do not have interest in such events and u know how they regard their religion, so it's more like a taboo participating in such events
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by khadi9: 2:02pm On Apr 14, 2017
As sallamu aleykum foulbe dounia fou iga cameroun

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by davidif: 5:56am On Apr 15, 2017
jayseehe:
ehm, if they are beautiful, why do they use Igbo and Yoruba girls as their state representatives for miss Nigeria pageant

*looks left, looks right... runs away from thread

I guess cos they are too conservative. Which Muslim will be comfortable walking around in a bikini for the whole world to see.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Hilary27(m): 8:51pm On Aug 15, 2017
Fulani indeed are beautiful and handsome people but they have hot temper that can lead them to another deminsion
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:08am On Aug 16, 2017
Hilary27:
Fulani indeed are beautiful and handsome people but they have hot temper that can lead them to another deminsion

What a funny comment
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:21am On Aug 18, 2017
khadi9:
As sallamu aleykum foulbe dounia fou iga cameroun

Aliekum assaalam bandirawo Pullo. Mi hofni ma! Ha toy a woni?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by urahara(m): 1:26pm On Sep 02, 2017
Fulaman198:

Oh come on, stop making this about the Igbos, you know that is not true. The thread was created by a Yoruba guy. Why is it that some people are always looking for trouble.

It seems like every tribe likes being the victim
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by urahara(m): 1:27pm On Sep 02, 2017
Fulaman198:

What a funny comment

The stereotype right grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.