Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,318 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? (6679 Views)

Photo: Would You Let Your Pregnant Wife Go Clubbing Dressed Like This? / Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by MadCow1: 4:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
macof:

I thought I said let's leave it undecided it's at dat precise moment you type this long shiit. how is the marking on ur neighbors face affecting you You won't mind you business and stick to your life

Its societies role to protect the child that's why you can't abuse a child and say 'it's none of societies business'.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by soulglo: 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
macof:

It is ur mentality which has been washed to view African culture as comical.

It is infact ur mentality that is comical

And you're unbelievably stubborn. Maybe Nigerians should carry on killing babies simply because they are twins. Preserve culture by black ass.
Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by macof(m): 9:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
soulglo:

And you're unbelievably stubborn. Maybe Nigerians should carry on killing babies simply because they are twins. Preserve culture by black ass.
And in ur stupid brain out of the useless and fraudulent western education you received you made this ridiculous statement.

When has "Nigeria" ever been a common cultural identity??
Calabar people killed twins it has now turned to the entire Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by macof(m): 9:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
MadCow1:

Its societies role to protect the child that's why you can't abuse a child and say 'it's none of societies business'.

Ok..while you are all for protecting rights of children and against doing things against their consent

You should also advocate against
1. taking children to church without their consent
2. Enrolling them in school without their consent
3. Feeding them any kind of food without their consent
4. Dressing them up without their consent
5. Making their hair without their consent
6. Circumcision without their consent

When you start advocating for these, maybe people would take your "infant protection" business seriously otherwise you nothing but a discriminate hypocrite
Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by soulglo: 11:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
macof:
And in ur stupid brain out of the useless and fraudulent western education you received you made this ridiculous statement.

When has "Nigeria" ever been a common cultural identity??
Calabar people killed twins it has now turned to the entire Nigeria

And did you learn to write in English in your native doctor's hut? Hypocrite. Ripping a child's face to shreds with a razor is not a problem for you. You'd rather spend your energy hopping up and down like a over medicated rabbit defending the indefensible. You should be sitting in a cave scratching your balls and sharpening your spears.
Re: Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? by MadCow1: 10:35am On Jul 30, 2014
macof:

Ok..while you are all for protecting rights of children and against doing things against their consent

You should also advocate against
1. taking children to church without their consent.

One can argue for Church and religion in general with regards to morals.. Atleast in all religion, the one thing they all share in common outside a belief in a supernatural being is good morals.

macof:
2. Enrolling them in school without their consent.

You want to compare Education to Facial scarification and mutilation? grin

macof:
3. Feeding them any kind of food without their consent

Like seriously!! Like really seriously?! grin

macof:
4. Dressing them up without their consent.

You do realise that you dont have to argue just for the hell of it right?

macof:
5. Making their hair without their consent.

Okay!! I must be on the MTV show ridiculousness. grin

macof:
6. Circumcision without their consent.

You would have appeared more serious if you had stuck to just this arguement. Infact, in my last retort to you, I delibrately left out circumcision knowing fully well that someonelike you would latch on.. Now here is my take on this; There are merits to circumcision of males and that is the health factor. The excess skin that is removed tends to trap a lot of dirt which can lead to infection.

macof:
When you start advocating for these, maybe people would take your "infant protection" business seriously otherwise you nothing but a discriminate hypocrite

Name calling isnt going to make your point any more intelligent than it actually is. This is a debate not a beer palour quarrel.

Now.. What you can do is tell us the Merits of Tribal scarring a child.

And add also tell me if you also thought 'Traditional and Cultural' practices such as Female Circumcision and killing of twins should have been allowed..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Report My Husband To My Parents? / Advice Needed / This Xmas Is My Worst Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.