Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,364 members, 7,812,041 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? (45442 Views)

Bayelsa Guber: Asari-dokubo Beats Drum Of War, Gives FG Ultimatum / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers / Apc Is Beating The Drum Of Crises (my Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ChristLight: 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2014
frankben: I'm fûcking ready to go to war!!

I fought the civil war from 1967-1970... I killed many and i'm willing to kill again grin grin grin
If u fought civil war? F~cking won't be in your dictionary.

11 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by hushmail: 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
@ Op

thanks for thoughtful insight.

God protect us all

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Shokoloko(f): 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
[img][/img]
berem: Did that child die sucking his mother's bossom? Oh lord Jesus!

embarassed embarassed

The child wasnt dead yet. Starvation would kill him. The mother was
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ijechikky(f): 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
BUSHHUNTER: Like that India CartooN DELHI SAFARI in Burhraghi voice# my bois are just waiting for me to say the word Warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Lwkmd
U tink it's Funni or som'n?? Sucha kid
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by KnightOfLaif: 8:27pm On Jul 26, 2014
war tinz na end time tinz.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by jamace(m): 8:28pm On Jul 26, 2014
Peace and war have been in existence from time imo river. Our ancestors fought to safeguard their kingdoms. History is rife with such stories. Therefore, whether we like it or not, nations will continue to experience both internal and external wars from time to time. The life of every nation is just like a man traversing landscapes, it will meet hills and valleys along the way. Hate it or like it, war comes after peace and vice versa. As it was in the beginning so shall it be world without end.

So if Nigeria becomes embroiled in war, it is nothing new, it is only fulfiling lives journey.

5 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 26, 2014
Harmvirus:

Lol! I know.. Police and thief play
lol... grin grin

so you too played the game
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ichidodo: 8:28pm On Jul 26, 2014
A second civil war will be beyond the scale we can ever imagine,as it from the WWI to the WWII, lessons will have been learnt,tactics corrected and assimilitated before a prosecution......If there is no justice then there is no peace and thus we are faced with inevitable.
"A raging menace cannot be confronted by eloquence but by blood,thunder and iron"
Otto von Bismarck..

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by anonimi: 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2014
Leibnitz: If war can end all these injustice in the polity let be it... angry angry

So do you know IF war will end the injustice
I will prefer we restructure the country with autonomous regions/federating units keeping the income they generate and contributing a small amount therefrom to the central government for national responsibilities. This over-dependence on oil is NOT helping us at all.

5 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by semitunde: 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2014
kendrick93: if it is by goin to war dat will bring peace and all dis rubbish tribalism against one tribe and also to hav a better lyf then so be it.. i hate cowards who cnt confront issues instead trying to make peace all because of fear..
whether we lyk it or nt everyone goin to die so wats d point of being a coward..i will rather die as a hero fighting dan being a coward

Pls post your picture and your real names here. It should be easy, you have nothing to hide. Above all, you are not a coward. Or am I wrong?

The reason for my request is so ppl can know where to look, for the instigators of the war, and also because anyone who's not afraid of death is dangerous.

7 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Enosa1(m): 8:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
First time I saw this pix, I just couldn't control my tear. Lets join hands together and avoid a repeat of what happened in the civil war, if the country must split, lets do it peaceably.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by felixtare(m): 8:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
cowards dies a thousand times b4 is death....op is cow.... who put d ard to my cow understand wat i mean...

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
War is a form of diplomacy, a way of resolving issues that have proven difficult in solving peacefully.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by KnightOfLaif: 8:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
But seriously... make we no deceive ourselves cos revolution go still happen for this country.it might result into war and it might not.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Enosa1(m): 8:32pm On Jul 26, 2014
Biafra war

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 26, 2014
grin NL is filled with clowns sha..reading their comments and cant stop laughing.. cheesy most of the peeps here on NL thinks war is fought with words..all they do is sit down in the comfort of their homes and spew trash..war ke?we all know the region that is gonna suffer the most and they are the ones beating the drums of war..funny Igbos depending on delta and other SS states

9 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
anonimi:

So do you know IF war will end the injustice
I will prefer we restructure the country with autonomous regions/federating units keeping the income they generate and contributing a small amount therefrom to the central government for national responsibilities. This over-dependence on oil is NOT helping us at all.
I'm not against restructuring the country but the abokis and their concubines in the west are hell-bent on looting the country dry.thereby maintaing the status quo angry

3 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
War is a form of diplomacy, a way of resolving issues that have proven difficult in solving peacefully. If our greed and foolishness have made us not to resolve our differences peacefully, it will be cowardice to be anxious of the obvious - war.

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Ahmeduana(m): 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
ChristLight: RUANDA
I THINK IT SHOULD BE LIKE THIS RWANDA!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 26, 2014
Dude ;dont deceive yourself;revolution aint gonna happen..we aint united unlike islamic countries..
KnightOfLaif: But seriously... make we no deceive ourselves cos revolution go still happen for this country.it might result into war and it might not.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by okeyokeyjah(m): 8:37pm On Jul 26, 2014
undecided If is d only way 2 divide dis Country let us do it once and 4 all

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by victord1st: 8:38pm On Jul 26, 2014
Kalvan: The Victims will obviously be the people that hate living in their land.

The know themselves. grin grin grin grin

Igbos are natural explorers,even after the break up (if there will be any) u will still see igbos in all regions no matter how harsh the conditions might be.
Search the entire world and tell me where on earth u wont find us doing great things.

You ain't making sense with this ur comment.

14 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by watchindelta(m): 8:38pm On Jul 26, 2014
uhhh make it come will go survival
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by KnightOfLaif: 8:38pm On Jul 26, 2014
tsolz84: Dude ;dont deceive yourself;revolution aint gonna happen..we aint united unlike islamic countries..

we shall see.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 26, 2014
War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.

3 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 26, 2014

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Odika1: 8:40pm On Jul 26, 2014
berem: maybe I have to shoot you. I can't stand being quoted by a devil's advocate.
Now tell me who isn't a devil's advocate,even you*sips benzolyn*.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by KnightOfLaif: 8:40pm On Jul 26, 2014
jossi994: War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.

blatant lie
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 8:41pm On Jul 26, 2014
What about the Yorubas killed during the war and thousands lost and killed from your side, ignorant fool, the pic about the kids are not everything about the war,many kids from all part of nigeria are included as well.
colinisation:

I dont mean to be insulting but I have to ask what is the point of all you said?

The OP was talking in general not just about Igbo's or any specific ethnic group.

As you rightly say this "hatred" is based upon a dysfunctional society, does that mean it is justified? Or we find peaceful means of fixing our broken society. All ethnic groups (PEOPLE) in this country have the scars to prove the country is not working, this hatred we bear each other is based on the assumption that there is not enough to go round so we must fight with each other for every scrap. I am half Yoruba and half Igbo my mom is Lagosian born and bred. If she hears bombing in the North "Oh those northerners / muslims are killing themselves again *mtchew*", fighting in Lagos "I bet you its those Ibadan people they dont know how to behave".

Point I am trying to make is we are all wounded in this country (some more than others - I think the civil war was the greatest single tragedy) but we unnecessarily hate each other when we are all just fighting to stay alive. This hatred is not only unjustified, its a lazy way of pinning our problems on others, it achieves nothing and only leads to more death.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by 3kay945(m): 8:41pm On Jul 26, 2014
Talking about war, we can as well ask people in Gaza undecided

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by 9jauk: 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
Ok

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ezelous: 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
Leibnitz: If war can end all these injustice in the polity let be it... angry angry
You must be sick. I guez you were born before d civil war.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Student Loan: Nigeria Students On Thank You Visit To President Bola Tinubu / Fayose Storms Olubadan's Coronation In Native Style - Photos / Bashir El-rufai Under Fire For Calling Fayose A "Vagabond" On Twitter (snapshots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.