Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? (45441 Views)

Bayelsa Guber: Asari-dokubo Beats Drum Of War, Gives FG Ultimatum / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers / Apc Is Beating The Drum Of Crises (my Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
KnightOfLaif:

blatant lie

Meaning ?
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
ChristLight: If u fought civil war? F~cking won't be in your dictionary.
back then in the base, we hardly complete a sentence without including "fûcking" in the sentence.... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by semitunde: 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
jamace: Peace and war have been in existence from time imo river. Our ancestors fought to safeguard their kingdoms. History is rife with such stories. Therefore, whether we like it or not, nations will continue to experience both internal and external wars from time to time. The life of every nation is just like a man traversing landscapes, it will meet hills and valleys along the way. Hate it or like it, war comes after peace and vice versa. As it was in the beginning so shall it be world without end.

So if Nigeria becomes embroiled in war, it is nothing new, it is only fulfiling lives journey.

If you are observant enough, you'd notice that history is slightly changing in this regard. Maybe its evolution, but these days, wars once started are difficult to stop. In fact I dare say, if a war starts now, it might never end. Unless and until theres nothing to fight for. This can only happen after everything important have been destroyed and what remains on all sides is to rebuild.

The ideology of surrender is slowly being eroded from people nowadays. When as a victor you think you can sleep easy, vanquished victims will wake you up. How many years have the Israelis been fighting their neighbours?

In so far as there is availability of technology, and hatred still lives in some peoples heart, no war is ever over.

Let's start it, I'm sure some of us here won't be alive to tell the story, brave or not. And I don't know what that counts for in the afterlife.

I'm watching aljazeera, I'm thinking as gruesome as the scenes I'm seeing here is, our case will break more records.

5 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by kabba7(m): 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
For once Nigerians must begin to say the truth !
I have lived in the north for vry many years infact worked at the sultan palace for a litle over 2 years and outside the palace for more than 10 years and stay in lagos for equally many years now
Those on the war drums by action and verbal are the igbos hiding behind being 'booked' wanting to occupy and take over everywhere but there own place is 'no go' land as you either get robbed ,killed or get your investments destroyed and i am a direct victim .
When you stay in other peoples land and feel you can dictate to them on what to or not do you are only indirectly asking them to do thier worst a very good examply is the recent apointment of the Emir of Kano when every iboman think he or she can stampede the people on who should be the king of kano.
As long as you cant allow others in your domain but want to occupy other peoples place you will continue to have problems what you now refer to as war drumbs is not war drum but war whistle.,yesterdays post by ASARI DOKUBO on his twitter page that the attempt on Gen. Buhari is just part one is very relevant here if there must be war why not lets begin early enough it wont be the first time anyway .
YOU DONT BEAT WAR DRUMS WITH DRUMS BUT BY YOUR MOUTH AND ACTIONS TALK TO YOUR BROTHER , GROUND NO LEVEL AGAIN OH !!!

13 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by KnightOfLaif: 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
na some of d leaders for dis country b d problem.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by LeSulk(m): 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
Try watching any of these 'War Aftermath' films and have a rethink whether you want war or not.The outcome of war is unpredictable, u may end up being the sole surviving member of your family or even worse,your community

3 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
ezelous: You must be sick. I guez you were born before d civil war.
You are the sick one here unless you are among those looting our common wealth. angry angry
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
..war will not end our problems-it will prolong it.what we need is discipline.probably we should try out buhari/idiagbon style of governance.however,Nigerian civilian governance will not instill discipline...

3 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by BUSHHUNTER: 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
ijechikky: U tink it's Funni or som'n?? Sucha kid

Cos ma post refer to cartoon makes me a kid huh? U don't even know me b4 u start running ur silly mouth idiat.

GROW UP KID.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ezelous: 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
The Yorubas talk as if they are actually ready for war.

5 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by deltateam: 8:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
Leibnitz: If war can end all these injustice in the polity let be it... angry angry

Check well.This mofo has nothing to lose if war erupts.No property, no loved ones to cater for.As in NOTHING.Dangote won't say this

5 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Ahmeduana(m): 8:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
ChristLight: is there a need 4 the insult? Grow up boy.
NA MUMU WEY NO GET MATE DEY WORRY AM
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by 9jauk: 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
No to war!!!

We simply need to deal with corrupt Politicians!!!

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by KnightOfLaif: 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
jossi994:

Meaning ?

it is not a matter of being delightful. it is a matter of cleansing d nation.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by kendrick93(m): 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
semitunde:

Pls post your picture and your real names here. It should be easy, you have nothing to hide. Above all, you are not a coward. Or am I wrong?

The reason for my request is so ppl can know where to look, for the instigators of the war, and also because anyone who's not afraid of death is dangerous.
dis comment is a prime example of wat i wrote.. afraid to do the needful.
thats why we in dis slump
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by unapologetic: 8:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
Well, I'm still a firm believer of "One Nigeria"... I can't even think of loosing the bonds I share with Musa, Kelechi, Priye and a few of my friends from other tribes.

5 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
And you feel you just proved your courage?This is the most awkward display of cowardice i have ever seen!!young man;Young man,if you don't have any reasonable thing to contribute in the topic of discourse kindly keep quiet and read other people's comment(s).
kendrick93: if it is by goin to war dat will bring peace and all dis rubbish tribalism against one tribe and also to hav a better lyf then so be it.. i hate cowards who cnt confront issues instead trying to make peace all because of fear..
whether we lyk it or nt everyone goin to die so wats d point of being a coward..i will rather die as a hero fighting dan being a coward
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Ronj: 8:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
gagagahahahqhhahahaha naija jmmmmmm hmmmmmm naija he who have ears should hear oooooo
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by semitunde: 8:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
Guys should tune in to aljazeera now. Its like a war film only its happening as we speak.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by KnightOfLaif: 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
9jauk: No to war!!!

We simply need to deal with corrupt Politicians!!!

exactly. Ehn bt na war b dat na cos dem no go wan comot.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by kendrick93(m): 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
LeSulk: Try watching any of these 'War Aftermath' films and have a rethink whether you want war or not.The outcome of war is unpredictable, u may end up being the sole surviving member of your family or even worse,your community
why shld we be afraid of doin d needful.. everyone will die anyway no matter wat,its just a matter of when or how
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by ramdris(m): 8:51pm On Jul 26, 2014
War brings out the beast in men. Let's So all we can within our individual power to avoid it.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by hummerwise(m): 8:51pm On Jul 26, 2014
GOD bless u OP 4 dis......

eni ija ode ba lo'n pe ara e l'okunrin(it is someone who has neva witnessed a war calls himself a man)
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Leibnitz: 8:51pm On Jul 26, 2014
deltateam:

Check well.This mofo has nothing to lose if war erupts.No property, no loved ones to cater for.As in NOTHING.Dangote won't say this
I have many things to lose but I'm doing so for the sake of my generations unborn. This is a faceless forum so can't disclose myself here. You might be interacting with Chris Ngige without knowing angry angry

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
KnightOfLaif:

it is not a matter of being delightful. it is a matter of cleansing d nation.
did you even read what i typed or e just dey hungry you to quote person? I've heard you. Go and sleep abeg. undecided

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by 9jauk: 8:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
[quote author=unapologetic]Well, I'm still a firm believer of "One Nigeria"... I can't even think of loosing the bonds I share with Musa, Kelechi, Priye and a few of my friends

One Nigeria is a fraud created by colonial masters!
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by semitunde: 8:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
kendrick93: dis comment is a prime example of wat i wrote.. afraid to do the needful.
thats why we in dis slump

The needful we should be doing is to start thinking! The elite, regardless of tribe, who are ruling us are our problems!

Funny thing is, they won't be here when the war starts. They will be far away in safe countries stoking the hatred from all sides with swift reactions and interviews with the ever more, war and blood mongering, international media.

3 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by kendrick93(m): 8:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
tsolz84: And you feel you just proved your courage?This is the most awkward display of cowardice i have ever seen!!young man;Young man,if you don't have any reasonable thing to contribute in the topic of discourse kindly keep quiet and read other people's comment(s).
d internet makes fools lyk u brave.. bet u cnt say dat to me in my face

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Malakh: 8:54pm On Jul 26, 2014
war is peace

1 Like

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Mbediogu(m): 8:54pm On Jul 26, 2014
Quote me but do not say I told you.
A just war is better than an unjust peace. The apparent peace existing now is simply due to the fact that we are yet to get the memories of the civil war behind us. I hate war but I love justice and equity and can do anything to sustain them - including WARS.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by KnightOfLaif: 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
jossi994:
did you even read what i typed or e just dey hungry you to quote person? I've heard you. Go and sleep abeg. undecided

wetin u post? and so? read n undastand.
Re: For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? by Odika1: 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
jamace: Peace and war have been in existence from time imo river. Our ancestors fought to safeguard their kingdoms. History is rife with such stories. Therefore, whether we like it or not, nations will continue to experience both internal and external wars from time to time. The life of every nation is just like a man traversing landscapes, it will meet hills and valleys along the way. Hate it or like it, war comes after peace and vice versa. As it was in the beginning so shall it be world without end.

So if Nigeria becomes embroiled in war, it is nothing new, it is only fulfiling lives journey.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Imo Governorship Election Results From Polling Units / Student Loan: Nigeria Students On Thank You Visit To President Bola Tinubu / Fayose Storms Olubadan's Coronation In Native Style - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.