Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1347860 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OGreene: 1:30pm On Oct 04, 2016
Anyone looking for Kaplan textbook in Lagos, i can give out one.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by bosslady1991: 3:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
Goodafternoon guys.
Kindly add me to the facebook group Princessroxy2034@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by bosslady1991: 3:43pm On Oct 04, 2016
drhopeful:
What GRE materials do you need? I gave the other fellow TOEFL Material.

Hiya. Can I get all the gre materials from you. Princessroxy2034@yahoo.com
Thank you
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 5:40pm On Oct 04, 2016
amofum:
So after almost one full year of following this thread, I get to post my own experience.

Some 2 months ago, the trend of the naira- precipitous decline- forced me to finally schedule a date for the GRE test at #350. On that day, I made sure I chose the farthest date available-october 3rd, 2016- because although I had covered every material my practice scores were abysmal as it could get V155-158 Q150-158 for schools I had in mind. I was ready for a retest even before the test. My you I didn't have one naira on me again. I just dey sing small doctor song (aja n'sare, owo jona). Everyone on the whatsapp group kept encouraging me, I don't know each of them's monikers on nl however, ponpon was like a virtual GRE father to me.

Finally, two months deprecated into one month into 3 weeks till we got to two weeks. My practise score still didn't improve, I felt like postponing my test date. I couldn't tell anyone, I was constantly pusillanimous. Alas, I took ill on Tuesday of that week. I Just told myself THIS IS IT. However, ponpon once again encourage me, he was over empathetic; he told me he also took ill before his test. I couldn't read again, so I tried powerprep test 2 for confidence and wow. It took away the last shard of confidence left in me. I stared at the system as it showed me V156 Q152. I continued into reviewing the quant questions I failed. When I saw them I just sighed, I was destined to fail.

That week ran as fast as it could, I was just reviewing my mistakes. Lo! We were in my final one week, I still hadn't score x=320 on any practice test (even kaplan). I decided to just write sha sha. Thus on sunday 2nd of October, I migrated to Ojota, got a cheap guest house to pass the night no more reading. So I won't be late for my test, I stay around Iyana-Iba, I didn't want to add any risk to my state of 'unpreparedness'.

That night was very long but, soon it was 5am anxiety add woken me up. I stayed in my room till 7am. I proceeded to have breakfast and by 8:45am, I was en-route JKK house. At something around 9:15am I was in the compound and it felt awkward. I seemed to be the youngest there, and. The only one who didn't come with books. Yepa!!! I don die, should I have continued with 5lb till yesterday or this morning? Would it have helped? The questions flew in like they were in an 100m sprint contest with Mr. Bolt. Within 5mins I was already feeling headaches.

So much getting there early, I tried to keep my mind relax by chat with my GRE fam on whatsapp, ponpon was helpful again. 10am the capturing/accreditation had started and by 11ami was at workstation 20b at ETC. The journey was bout to start. I got an issue on leader made by demands; I interpreted it as leaders being made or born. I just did it somehow. Next came the argument it was on game sales and a tweak in strategy, I just lacerated the thing.

After the appetizers came the main course, as I had prayed for, I got verbal first thus my experimental would be verbal. This first section, I did my best, can't say it was easy. Then came the quant and when I got to number 20, I knew i needed around 13 more right questions to be guaranteed of 160 it was blessed. I then took my 10mins break. The next verbal felt like it was written in japanese, I just couldn't understand why it was showing on my screen. In my mind I just pondered, if ETS doesn't want me to pass they should just tell me why must they go through this route? Next came the quant and I felt ok this is the time to show them I can get the 165 like topii. Gbam! Gboom! Gbish! Na so the questions attack me. Jesu mi ooooo!!! My money is going. I tried my best, got to number 15 and time went off. I just sank back into my chair. I turn left and right people were already reporting scores. Someone got 316 and she was smiling. One section to go and I was praying for 310. The last section was verbal again, I just did it with less conviction, and got to the end b4 the 26mins mark. I smiled to myself, I had set a new personal best in stupidity.

It was time to report scores, I wanted to but, my spirit was weak. Finally, the body and the spirit reach a compromise, I reported the scores. Then came that long 3 seconds, alas my score was here. What I saw made me stare at the screen for another 60seconds then out of shock I signalled to the proctor, as he approached I realised I really didn't have anything to tell him. The screen showed Verbal:160 Quant:161. I was happy, I decided to send it to 3 safe schools and one good school. Kent State, Oklahoma State, Florida Inst of Tech and Uni of Illinois-urbana.

I walked out of the centre and still couldn't understand if those were really my scores. Shout out to you all on nl who regularly posted tips and material God bless. Special rugged shout out to ponpon and the family on whatsapp, if I were to choose people to go on the journey with all over. I probably choose you guys x! Times where 20<x.

Next phase serious application.

My current profile:
BSc: 3.01/4.00
MSc: 3.8/4.00
GRE: 321
Intended programs: Phd I/O psychology or PhD Management (HRM) or PhD Business (HRM) or PhD Labor and Employment Relations.

I pray we all make it to our dream institutions, Fall 2017 application has started in earnest.

Wow! Congratulations on your score...All d best with ur admission applications
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 6:32pm On Oct 04, 2016
amofum:

It was time to report scores, I wanted to but, my spirit was weak. Finally, the body and the spirit reach a compromise, I reported the scores. Then came that long 3 seconds, alas my score was here. What I saw made me stare at the screen for another 60seconds then out of shock I signalled to the proctor, as he approached I realised I really didn't have anything to tell him. The screen showed Verbal:160 Quant:161. I was happy, I decided to send it to 3 safe schools and one good school. Kent State, Oklahoma State, Florida Inst of Tech and Uni of Illinois-urbana.

What are people chopping these days and blasting GRE? Please extend to my end oh! Congrats bro! @iCool, you are next. Go kill it too and open the way for me wink

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Qhalifah: 7:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
DanjaNinja:

Got your mail. Please bear with me, would upload d file when i subscribe for more data.
Pls man, how can I get a tread like this on SAT exam.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 7:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
amofum:
So after almost one full year of following this thread, I get to post my own experience.

Some 2 months ago, the trend of the naira- precipitous decline- forced me to finally schedule a date for the GRE test at #350. On that day, I made sure I chose the farthest date available-october 3rd, 2016- because although I had covered every material my practice scores were abysmal as it could get V155-158 Q150-158 for schools I had in mind. I was ready for a retest even before the test. My you I didn't have one naira on me again. I just dey sing small doctor song (aja n'sare, owo jona). Everyone on the whatsapp group kept encouraging me, I don't know each of them's monikers on nl however, ponpon was like a virtual GRE father to me.

Finally, two months deprecated into one month into 3 weeks till we got to two weeks. My practise score still didn't improve, I felt like postponing my test date. I couldn't tell anyone, I was constantly pusillanimous. Alas, I took ill on Tuesday of that week. I Just told myself THIS IS IT. However, ponpon once again encourage me, he was over empathetic; he told me he also took ill before his test. I couldn't read again, so I tried powerprep test 2 for confidence and wow. It took away the last shard of confidence left in me. I stared at the system as it showed me V156 Q152. I continued into reviewing the quant questions I failed. When I saw them I just sighed, I was destined to fail.

That week ran as fast as it could, I was just reviewing my mistakes. Lo! We were in my final one week, I still hadn't score x=320 on any practice test (even kaplan). I decided to just write sha sha. Thus on sunday 2nd of October, I migrated to Ojota, got a cheap guest house to pass the night no more reading. So I won't be late for my test, I stay around Iyana-Iba, I didn't want to add any risk to my state of 'unpreparedness'.

That night was very long but, soon it was 5am anxiety add woken me up. I stayed in my room till 7am. I proceeded to have breakfast and by 8:45am, I was en-route JKK house. At something around 9:15am I was in the compound and it felt awkward. I seemed to be the youngest there, and. The only one who didn't come with books. Yepa!!! I don die, should I have continued with 5lb till yesterday or this morning? Would it have helped? The questions flew in like they were in an 100m sprint contest with Mr. Bolt. Within 5mins I was already feeling headaches.

So much getting there early, I tried to keep my mind relax by chat with my GRE fam on whatsapp, ponpon was helpful again. 10am the capturing/accreditation had started and by 11ami was at workstation 20b at ETC. The journey was bout to start. I got an issue on leader made by demands; I interpreted it as leaders being made or born. I just did it somehow. Next came the argument it was on game sales and a tweak in strategy, I just lacerated the thing.

After the appetizers came the main course, as I had prayed for, I got verbal first thus my experimental would be verbal. This first section, I did my best, can't say it was easy. Then came the quant and when I got to number 20, I knew i needed around 13 more right questions to be guaranteed of 160 it was blessed. I then took my 10mins break. The next verbal felt like it was written in japanese, I just couldn't understand why it was showing on my screen. In my mind I just pondered, if ETS doesn't want me to pass they should just tell me why must they go through this route? Next came the quant and I felt ok this is the time to show them I can get the 165 like topii. Gbam! Gboom! Gbish! Na so the questions attack me. Jesu mi ooooo!!! My money is going. I tried my best, got to number 15 and time went off. I just sank back into my chair. I turn left and right people were already reporting scores. Someone got 316 and she was smiling. One section to go and I was praying for 310. The last section was verbal again, I just did it with less conviction, and got to the end b4 the 26mins mark. I smiled to myself, I had set a new personal best in stupidity.

I walked out of the centre and still couldn't understand if those were really my scores. Shout out to you all on nl who regularly posted tips and material God bless. Special rugged shout out to ponpon and the family on whatsapp, if I were to choose people to go on the journey with all over. I probably choose you guys x! Times where 20<x.

My current profile:
Intended programs: Phd I/O psychology or PhD Management (HRM) or PhD Business (HRM) or PhD Labor and Employment Relations.

I pray we all make it to our dream institutions, Fall 2017 application has started in earnest.

Sir BOYI i greet you, you are in already oga mi, early application is key
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 7:14pm On Oct 04, 2016
What are people chopping these days and blasting GRE? Please extend to my end oh! Congrats bro! @iCool, you are next. Go kill it too and open the way for me wink
cheesy
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2016
@OGreene. 'I am looking for Manhattan and Gruber and Nova'

Manhattan 4th Edition below
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B6FBl1JdVum6Um4yRTdNN1gxa2c&export=download

Gruber 2015
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1rsfb2kbzadjksf/Gruber%202015.pdf?dl=0

Nova's GRE prep
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3cf0jo7aaa73bm4/Nova%27s%20GRE%20Prep.pdf?dl=0

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Qhalifah: 9:54pm On Oct 04, 2016
OGreene:
. Do you have an ideal of were to get study materials for SAT
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by doziej84: 11:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
what's the best material one can use to achieve excellent scores in TOEFL?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Battywonder(m): 2:22am On Oct 05, 2016
OGreene:
Bro, I will be glad and appreciative if u can give me. Igando, Ikotun, Lagos.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by rasdor: 7:14am On Oct 05, 2016
charliejose:
pls kindly add this no..08106857174.. thanks!
pls add me to the whatsapp group, 08051585786. and also to the facebook page- rasdor1@yahoo.co.uk
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ayodeji481(m): 10:09am On Oct 05, 2016
please add me to the facebook group bud. my email is busariridwan25@yahoo.com.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pueshkif(m): 10:50am On Oct 05, 2016
make 1$ per minute from anywhere in the world. http://hisprideblog..co.id
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pueshkif(m): 10:50am On Oct 05, 2016
make 1$ per minute from anywhere in the world. http://hisprideblog..co.id
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Jayroland: 11:10am On Oct 05, 2016
ponpon:

Sir BOYI i greet you, you are in already oga mi, early application is key

Good day, kindly add me to the GRE whatsapp group, as well as the facebook page.. Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 11:46am On Oct 05, 2016
doziej84:

what's the best material one can use to achieve excellent scores in TOEFL?
I heard it's that Cambridge material from review, i haven't taken the toefl test btw
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Samsantos: 12:28pm On Oct 05, 2016
Please guys, where can I or which website is Genuine for registering for GRE I intend taking mine in Lagos
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 12:51pm On Oct 05, 2016
Jayroland:

Good day, kindly add me to the GRE whatsapp group, as well as the facebook page.. Thanks. 07035788946; john2roland@yahoo.com

cc Donxab
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ0987(f): 2:06pm On Oct 05, 2016
Please guys, can you give me names of schools with high possibility of funding for PHD Economics?
I have a BSC in Urban and Regional Planning, and an MSC in Environmental Pollution Control.
Thanks all!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2016
drhopeful:

Exactly o, abeg make una pass make we sef chop. Lol

Congrats @amofum.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DandyWalker(m): 3:31pm On Oct 05, 2016
Thanks for the info. My email is oladapovictor26@gmail.com. please add me to the Facebook page. And my number is 08024475008, pls add me to the whatsapp page. Thank you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DandyWalker(m): 3:39pm On Oct 05, 2016
OGreene:
I'm in ado, how do I get it pls?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by aanexplus(m): 7:02pm On Oct 05, 2016
Please add me to the whatsapp group... 08068053635... Thanks alot

Also if you need any prep material (softcopy) message me tru that number or aanex2011@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ajibade105(m): 7:13pm On Oct 05, 2016
I will be glad if you can help me tell the admin to add me to the WhatsApp group @ 07086934446

amofum:

My current profile:

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ajibade105(m): 7:17pm On Oct 05, 2016
Someone should please add me to the Facebook group @ajibade.kehinde@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Renewable0216: 8:34pm On Oct 05, 2016
Hisvoice:

Hi, am interested in your report if the reg centre is genuine. How much does grefmatoefl accept for GRE registration guys?

Sorry I'm getting back to you a little late.

I just confirmed myexamplanet.com . They have several offices in Lagos,Abuja and PH.
Someone registered this week for 55k for GRE.

I think they offer other exams too at competitive prices.

I hope this helps....
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Hisvoice(m): 9:36pm On Oct 05, 2016
Renewable0216:

Sorry I'm getting back to you a little late.

I just confirmed myexamplanet.com . They have several offices in Lagos,Abuja and PH.
Someone registered this week for 55k for GRE.

I think they offer other exams too at competitive prices.

I hope this helps....
Thanks for your response. I appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.