Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1349128 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 10:12am On Oct 08, 2016
happyday:

Actual GRE Quant is harder. Sorry, which one is ETS Practice booklet?
I actually think they are both comparable with actual tests. Think about it...some people have reported seeing the practice test questions in the actual exam. I had 158 in both power prep tests first try vs 162 in actual GRE.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by amofum(m): 10:28am On Oct 08, 2016
iCool:

2nd edition - 2011
4th edition - 2014

Will upload it before noon. Engaged in some downloading for now.

UPDATE: Link to the Mahattan 4th edition (About 230mb) -
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B6FBl1JdVum6Um4yRTdNN1gxa2c&export=download

@TJ0987 here's the link.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 08, 2016
battoyyeb:

Done

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by amofum(m): 10:50am On Oct 08, 2016
TJ0987:
Thanks dear friend, would go through page by page.

You should get it via this link. Link to the Mahattan 4th edition (About 230mb) -

Or call on drhopeful
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 11:38am On Oct 08, 2016
drhopeful:
I actually think they are both comparable with actual tests. Think about it...some people have reported seeing the practice test questions in the actual exam. I had 158 in both power prep tests first try vs 162 in actual GRE.
Good point, but it all boils down to exam psychology. When you took the Power Prep test, you weren't as tensed and desperate as on test day. Deep within you, you knew it was just a practice test, and you were just trying to gauge your performance level. And that if you perform poorly, nothing spoil. But, not so on test day. You keep thinking of the stress of re-writing, another N50k, and on like that.

And yes, ETS do repeat questions.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ0987(f): 12:41pm On Oct 08, 2016
Thanks Amofum, Ur amazing!!

amofum:

You should get it via this link. Link to the Mahattan 4th edition (About 230mb) -

Or call on drhopeful
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by smallsuper: 12:48pm On Oct 08, 2016
sirRiddy:
Wish all Fall 2017 applicants the strength and luck during their applications.
For those taking the tests, either the first time or retaking, I sincerely

wish you get a great score.
drhopeful, I trust your prep is going good. I am praying for you. smiley wink

If you have a good profile and need a safe school for Engineering, please
apply to Kansas State University. Funding is really good here especially in
the Engineering and Agriculture-related courses. Good luck guys!
hello sir Riddy, can u add me to the Facebook page and can I also pm u?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 08, 2016
cuspy:
I finally got my December date; 5th Dec.

We need ya prayers o.

#MoneyCannotComeAndGoAndWaste

icool, drhopeful, Ogreene and others, I wish you guys good success.

how much did u register with? I was told 65k 2day
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 08, 2016
smallsuper:

hello sir Riddy, can u add me to the Facebook page and can I also pm u?
I think I replied your PM, please check.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 08, 2016
battoyyeb:

Done
Thank you very much!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Adex097: 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2016
battoyyeb:

Done
Please also add this no: 01..
Kindly modify the Mobile number once you get this message. Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 11:10pm On Oct 08, 2016
Damn! Over twenty pages to catch up on! Am so impressed with the spirit of community on this forum. I am so glad progress is being made continuously. God bless you all. smiley
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 11:12pm On Oct 08, 2016
kaima2015:

648 (PhD) and 610 (Msc) is 151 and 149 rspectively for the New Conversion

http://gre.graduateshotline.com/gre_score_scale.html#.V7nbrjX6gZg

Had no idea the GRE grading scale has been upgraded. shocked
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 11:19pm On Oct 08, 2016
auxioneer:
Hello gurus in the house i am new to the thread. i would like your candid advice on how i can go about writing GRE & TOEFl. I would like to apply for Msc Mech Eng and need these two exams to stand a chance of getting admission and funding if possible i finished with a 2.2. i am looking at writing both exams in the first week of October. i have my leave(20 working days) through out September so i want to use that time and prepare fully. i need expert guidance on how to go about it. i also wont mind links and materials sent to my email dejioni@gmail.com. thanks in advance

Hi Auxioneer, how are you? This might be late given you intend to take the test by October but I am glad you found this thread and i pray that your request for expert guidance be met. That said, did you know that if you read the very first page of the thread, you would find most of the information you need? Additionally, reading through the entire thread wont hurt either - you would be surprised by the amount of insightful information buried within the pages of this thread. wink

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 11:21pm On Oct 08, 2016
iCool:
Those in need of materials for preparation should start reading from page 98. Page 42 also has a link to videos of great importance.

Nice work.

NOTE TO ALL: if you know of a specific page with insightful information, kindly tag me. I intend to create an index of such links in the first page. That way accessing specific information would be quick and painless.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 11:31pm On Oct 08, 2016
[quote author=happyday post=49145133]

I see your amazing contributions. God bless you immensely. grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DanjaNinja(m): 11:46pm On Oct 08, 2016
SirRiddy, how far? You don forget me shebi? ...in akanmi's voice: "you haf join bad gang abi?"...issokay...issokay...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ajibade105(m): 3:38am On Oct 09, 2016
Please add 07086934446 on WhatsApp gropu and ajibade.kehinde@yahoo.com on Facebook group. Thanks

battoyyeb:

Done
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:35am On Oct 09, 2016
LOL
Na you no come around here na. How e dey be? cheesy cheesy cheesy
DanjaNinja:
SirRiddy, how far? You don forget me shebi? ...in akanmi's voice: "you haf join bad gang abi?"...issokay...issokay...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 09, 2016
sirRiddy:
Wish all Fall 2017 applicants the strength and luck during their applications.
For those taking the tests, either the first time or retaking, I sincerely
wish you get a great score.
drhopeful, I trust your prep is going good. I am praying for you. smiley wink

If you have a good profile and need a safe school for Engineering, please
apply to Kansas State University. Funding is really good here especially in
the Engineering and Agriculture-related courses. Good luck guys!

Funding is mostly for PHD students in KSU, I can't find any for masters undecided I'm considering KSU, but I need some kind of funding atleast part funding if not full funding. Please is funding based on GRE performance or how does it work there? Kindly explain bro. Looking forward to your response
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ0987(f): 10:01am On Oct 09, 2016
Please add me. Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 09, 2016
DanjaNinja:

Nice work.

NOTE TO ALL: if you know of a specific page with insightful information, kindly tag me. I intend to create an index of such links in the first page. That way accessing specific information would be quick and painless.

that would b a nice idea, u guys are great. I am still on page 17
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 12:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
[quote author=DanjaNinja post=50039477][/quote]
Amen bro. How's Bridgeport?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ0987(f): 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hello guys, please help with PowerPrep. The one i have has just 2 practice tests which i have done.

If anyone one would be kind enough to send me the link for download, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
jayhumble:

Funding is mostly for PHD students in KSU, I can't find any for masters undecided I'm considering KSU, but I need some kind of funding atleast part funding if not full funding. Please is funding based on GRE performance or how does it work there? Kindly explain bro. Looking forward to your response
That is how it is in most graduate in the US and even other developed countries.
However, many guys here in the MS program get funding when they get here.
I am in the Computer Science department and I can only speak for the department.
Some also get Assistantships at Agronomy department and other rich departments here.
You can leave a PhD program and graduate after MS. The question is what is your profile?
GPA? GRE? Research Experience? This place is research oriented and need people who have
that aptitude but they are very generous.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2016
TJ0987:
Hello guys, please help with PowerPrep. The one i have has just 2 practice tests which i have done.

If anyone one would be kind enough to send me the link for download, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
The powerprep generally has just 2 practice tests. I don't think there's any other powerprep from ETS that has more than 2 test. However, u can practice further with d 2 tests in the Official Guide to the GRE by ETS.
How's ur performance in the 2 tests in powerprep? U mind sharing?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
Please for those who have used d powerprep tests....are there detailed answers to the test questions in the powerprep at d end of the tests?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hirschfelder: 6:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
seeker88:
Please for those who have used d powerprep tests....are there detailed answers to the test questions in the powerprep at d end of the tests?

Unfortunately, no
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2016
.... there's this controversial question I came across in ETS paper test.
Please I need your opinion on the answer. Please can any of d gurus here kindly help with d answer.....would supply d right answer n my opinion thereafter. See d question below:

One person is to be selected at random from a group of 25 people. The probability that the selected person will be a male is 0.44, and the probability that the selected person will be a male who was born before 1960 is 0.28. What is the number of males in the group who were born in 1960 or later?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
hirschfelder:

Unfortunately, no
Ohkay, thanks angry
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ElDeeVee(m): 7:22pm On Oct 09, 2016
seeker88:
.... there's this controversial question I came across in ETS paper test.
Please I need your opinion on the answer. Please can any of d gurus here kindly help with d answer.....would supply d right answer n my opinion thereafter. See d question below:

One person is to be selected at random from a group of 25 people. The probability that the selected person will be a male is 0.44, and the probability that the selected person will be a male who was born before 1960 is 0.28. What is the number of males in the group who were born in 1960 or later?

Prob of picking a male in a group of 25 = 0.44
No of males in the group = 0.44*25 = 11

Prob that the selected person is a male born before 1960 = 0.28
No of males born before 1960 = 0.28*25 = 7

Thus, no of males in the group born in 1960 or later = total no males - males born before 1960
= 11-7 = 4

I think I saw this same question in Powerprep.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.