Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,085 members, 7,811,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1348704 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ0987(f): 10:37pm On Oct 09, 2016
Feeling very depressed. My power prep result V:145, Q: 151. I really feel like quitting. Am not getting anywhere. So, so, sad. sad
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 10, 2016
TJ0987:
Feeling very depressed. My power prep result V:145, Q: 151. I really feel like quitting. Am not getting anywhere. So, so, sad. sad

when is ur exam? Just keep noting ur errors and work on them 2 achieve desired results
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 10, 2016
I wish there could be a whatsapp group for this forum where we just share questions and solve to help each others.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Topiipii(m): 11:48am On Oct 10, 2016
iCool:
@Happyday, Topiipii. Please compare and contrast...

PowerPrep to Actual Gre Quantitative.

ETS practice booklet to Actual Gre.
Actual GRE is harder, but I think that performing lower than expected on the practice tests makes you extra alert. You're always on the lookout for mistakes and pitfalls.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 12:25pm On Oct 10, 2016
ElDeeVee:

Prob of picking a male in a group of 25 = 0.44
No of males in the group = 0.44*25 = 11

Prob that the selected person is a male born before 1960 = 0.28
No of males born before 1960 = 0.28*25 = 7

Thus, no of males in the group born in 1960 or later = total no males - males born before 1960
= 11-7 = 4

I think I saw this same question in Powerprep.
Boss! Thanks for the detailed solution.

I thought that the Prob that the selected person is a male born before 1960 should be = 0.28*11 since it appears d selection was made from d pool of 11 males. Or could my interpretation of d question be wrong.

I also posted this same question on d Facebook group and someone else interpreted d same way I did.

However, the answer from ETS is 4, a bit confusing though...
Once again, thanks for this valuable contribution...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 12:36pm On Oct 10, 2016
TJ0987:
Please don't feel so....
Haven't u read the GRE experience of amofum or so (sorry if I didn't get d moniker right) in d previous pages? That write up is so uplifting and I've garnered all d motivations I needed from that piece. I believe u can do better in d real exam!
I'd suggest u review all d questions which u didn't get right n note d topic under which each of them fall. Then do more practice on these topics from Manhattan 5 lbs. That could improve your score.

I'm also preparing for the test (writing in few days time), n almost having similar experience as u, but I ain't giving up!

I wish u all d best...and I look forward to reading ur success story cheesy
Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Pemale(m): 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2016
I wish everyone preparing for the GRE success as you proceed and plan to enhance your study.
Also want to share this
Full funded and Partly funded Scholarships are available
Check www.tellcollege.com
I wish everyone preparing for the GRE success as you proceed and plan to enhance your study.
Also want to share this
Check www.tell college.com
Also want to share this
Check www.tellcollege.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 9:57pm On Oct 10, 2016
Gunbiz:

how much did u register with? I was told 65k 2day

I registered with 50k.

I paid before their promo was over. Those gregmattoefl people.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ONLYPATT(m): 10:15pm On Oct 10, 2016
Cephas0009:

You have a very good profile and considering that you have decided to apply for phd, I think your chances of funding are high. However, you might want to consider applying early and please do ur background check well on ur choice schools especially as regarding the english proficiency requirements (since you've chosen not to write any proficiency test).
As regarding the sop, u can send drop ur email or send me a pm so I can forward a document sirRiddy gave me one time like that as a guide. I also believe getting someone to review your sop wouldn't be much of a big deal as there are many gurus in d house.
Congratulations on ur great score and all d best in ur endeavors... cheers

PLS Cephas0009, KINDLY SEND THE SOP GUIDE TO ME TOO (onlypatt@gmail.com)
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Dominic147(m): 10:24pm On Oct 10, 2016
Good evening house.. I am very new in this thread as I was directed to this thread by some1.. Pls house I need ur help in nailing my GRE exam which coming up this Nov... I will really appreciate if any1 can help me wit GRE materials 2016 edition and past questions or where I can download the soft copies from so that I can start my preps ASAP for the exams. Your swift reply will be highly appreciated. Thanks

@cephas0009
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by GREcoach: 5:32am On Oct 11, 2016
Good day house, beginning from the 17th of October to the 17th of November, there will be a dedicated and heavily discounted GRE training/coaching for all interested and are located in ibadan.Training centers are Bodija, Bashorun, Akobo and RingRoad. For more details, kindly contact: grecoach@outlook.com. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ajibade105(m): 8:11am On Oct 11, 2016
Please add ajibade.kehinde@yahoo.com to the FB page

seeker88:

Boss! Thanks for the detailed solution.

I thought that the Prob that the selected person is a male born before 1960 should be = 0.28*11 since it appears d selection was made from d pool of 11 males. Or could my interpretation of d question be wrong.

I also posted this same question on d Facebook group and someone else interpreted d same way I did.

However, the answer from ETS is 4, a bit confusing though...
Once again, thanks for this valuable contribution...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 11, 2016
sirRiddy:

That is how it is in most graduate in the US and even other developed countries.
However, many guys here in the MS program get funding when they get here.
I am in the Computer Science department and I can only speak for the department.
Some also get Assistantships at Agronomy department and other rich departments here.
You can leave a PhD program and graduate after MS. The question is what is your profile?
GPA? GRE? Research Experience? This place is research oriented and need people who have
that aptitude but they are very generous.

Thanks for the response bro. I'm applying for masters in software engineering so its kind of related to your department; so dyu mean after getting there, I can still get funding? My GPA is good. GRE is all I need to blast. Please kindly advise, I don't necessarily need full funding, but I need some kind of support funding maybe part tuition or some sort. What kind of fundings are available for MSC?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Pemale(m): 9:07am On Oct 11, 2016
Just want to share this available scholarship for all interested candidate seeking to enhance their studies at international countries

Excellence Scholarship for International Students Royal Holloway, University of Londonhttp://www.tellcollege.com/2016/10/excellence-scholarship-for.html

Hamburg University of Applied Sciences Academic International Masters Scholarships,Germanyhttp://www.tellcollege.com/2016/10/hamburg-university-of-applied-sciences.html

University of Leeds: Fully and Partially Funded Scholarships for International Students in UK, 2017http://www.tellcollege.com/2016/10/university-of-leeds-fully-and-partially.html
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ0987(f): 12:26pm On Oct 11, 2016
Kindly avail me their contact details, I would like to call them for possible registration ASAP.

Regards,

cuspy:

I registered with 50k.

I paid before their promo was over. Those gregmattoefl people.

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 12:56pm On Oct 11, 2016
TJ0987:
Kindly avail me their contact details, I would like to call them for possible registration ASAP.

Regards,

Here's one of their numbers: 07063376716
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Glowrie22: 2:01pm On Oct 11, 2016
Success to all of us writing the GRE tomorrow! smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ0987(f): 2:46pm On Oct 11, 2016
Thanks Cuspy

cuspy:

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ0987(f): 2:46pm On Oct 11, 2016
Thanks Cuspy!!!

cuspy:

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 11, 2016
As I said earlier, most graduate students here get funding.
If your profile is strong enough, you get it with the admission.
Else, you talk to professors when you arrive and they hire you as RA.
Software Engineering is not massive here as the university is a research-oriented
institution. Just focus on the GRE and send an email to Mitch, the grad coordinator
when you want to apply. Based on his response, you can make a decision. Good luck.
jayhumble:

Thanks for the response bro. I'm applying for masters in software engineering so its kind of related to your department; so dyu mean after getting there, I can still get funding? My GPA is good. GRE is all I need to blast. Please kindly advise, I don't necessarily need full funding, but I need some kind of support funding maybe part tuition or some sort. What kind of fundings are available for MSC?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
TJ0987:

Can we talk sir,you can hit a high score still, the difference between scores are study materials
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ipledge01: 4:29pm On Oct 11, 2016
sirRiddy:
As I said earlier, most graduate students here get funding.
If your profile is strong enough, you get it with the admission.
Else, you talk to professors when you arrive and they hire you as RA.
Software Engineering is not massive here as the university is a research-oriented
institution. Just focus on the GRE and send an email to Mitch, the grad coordinator
when you want to apply. Based on his response, you can make a decision. Good luck.
Does KSU require Wes evaluation? Or I can send transcript directly to the school.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2016
Ask the grad coordinator of your program.
ipledge01:

Does KSU require Wes evaluation? Or I can send transcript directly to the school.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by TJ0987(f): 5:01pm On Oct 11, 2016
Dear Ponpon,

Am genuinely touched by your concern.

Thanks.

BTW am female not male (you referred to me as sir).

ponpon:

Can we talk sir,you can hit a high score still, the difference between scores are study materials
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 6:05pm On Oct 11, 2016
Glowrie22:
Goodluck to you and @iCool!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ChemEngr01: 7:11pm On Oct 11, 2016
Glowrie22:
Amen ooo!!! #MoneyMustNotWaste

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ChemEngr01: 7:13pm On Oct 11, 2016
drhopeful:
Goodluck to you and @iCool!
And me too please

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2016
TJ0987:
Thanks Cuspy!!!

You welcome.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 11, 2016
To say I've learned so much from this thread would be merely stating the obvious. A very big thank you to SirRiddy, Walspring and others. You guys are awesome.

Success to all those taking the GRE tomao.

ICool I wouldn't be surprised if you made a perfect score. I'd be here to say I told you so.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by rogerdavid: 7:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
Hello Guys

I know I have missed much. But it would be ungrateful of me having gained so much from following this thread and having a successful GRE as a result to then sign off completely. I am sure that I have missed much since I resumed Grad school in August. But then, this is my own little way of greeting all the Gurus in the house. I hope it is accepted!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.