Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,118 members, 7,814,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1350477 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ndawe(f): 4:08pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hahaha; thank you. Which wahala biko?
sirRiddy:
Congratulations. Get ready for wahala of life cheesy
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ridsan4real(m): 4:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hello folks. I just know d beauty of mailing your school and dept grad coordinator as earlier revealed by sirRiddy...I just got a mail from animal science graduate coordinator university of Kentucky Lexington that they fund less than half of international students applying to Phd program...I for don waste $75 like dat? lol. anyways, my profile still remains:

Going for Phd in animal science
Bsc= 4.16/5.00
Msc=5.4/7.00
GRE & TOEFL: planning to write around July/August dis year
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
Long hours of boring and uninteresting research na.
Chemistry na die na but you already know that smiley
Ndawe:

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ndawe(f): 4:24pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ahhhh, and sometimes frustrating sef!!!! Loool, but it's very interesting jor. grin grin
sirRiddy:
Long hours of boring and uninteresting research na.
Chemistry na die na but you already know that smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 02, 2017
We will throw back this time next year wink
Ndawe:
Ahhhh, and sometimes frustrating sef!!!! Loool, but it's very interesting jor. grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 7:04pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ndawe:
Hello everyone. I've been an ardent silent follower here. I wrote my GRE sometime in 2012 during my NYSC (first and only attempt). It was this year I decided to further my studies; I didn't require GRE to undertake my MSc. Came here and reported my scores, also asking for where to register for a re-take (geniuses plenty for this thread; I felt so bad with my low scores) and Oludare01 encouraged me to apply with what I had. Though, not so many schools still had their applications open, thus, limiting my choices but he was more than helpful (who says there are no good people left). He took out his time (he even prayed with me sef lol and always had words of encouragement for me) and one would think we go waaay back.
My profile:
GRE: Q 147; V 151; AW 4.0
BSc. Industrial Chemistry 4.58/5
Msc. Energy and Environmental Mgt (Merit)
3 years combined experience in Quality control and QHSE; co-authored one paper and another one currently awaiting publication.
No TOEFL.

I applied to four schools (all the applications were done towards the end of Jan)
1) Mississippi State Uni (PhD Chemistry. Environmental Chemistry Concentration)
2)Michigan Tech Uni (PhD Environmental & Energy Policy)
3)Tennessee Tech Uni (PhD Environmental Science; Chemistry option)
4) Clarkson Uni (PhD Environmental Science & Engineering): Though a private uni but they fund.

I had 3 LORs (2 academic and 1 professional)

So I just received a congratulatory email from Tennessee Tech and they said to expect the official admission/offer letter via email within 5 days. I pray the offer is juicy.

Congratulations Ma... I believe it will come with funding

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 7:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
happyday:
Waoh, thanks everyone for the love. Really. Everyone. I wanted to do research, never thought it would be this "challenging". Well, I told the VO I wanted to work on challenging stuff in grad school, so I deserve all I'm getting now. Lol.

200+ pages? Really?? I'm glad this thread is thriving day by day. Let me try and play catch up.
Welcome back boss! Good to hear from you again. I've been wondering where u have been smiley
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 7:13pm On Mar 02, 2017
Congratulations ndawe, the offer is sure gonna be juicy ... wink

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Topiipii(m): 7:18pm On Mar 02, 2017
happyday:

Good to be back! Thanks for checking up. How are you doing?
I'm doing fine, glad to see you back.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 7:18pm On Mar 02, 2017
fredoricko:

Amen. How's yours coming??
No further update yet...
I believe they are still trying to make d packages juicy before sending them to me grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 7:20pm On Mar 02, 2017
Cephas0009:

Happyday baba... it's been a while, great to hear from u again.

I applied for phd mech. Engr n no decisions yet embarassed

Awesome choice, boss. I'm sure you'd be fine. Don't sweat it.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
seeker88:

Welcome back boss! Good to hear from you again. I've been wondering where u have been smiley

Yeah, glad to know you're doing great.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Topiipii(m): 7:23pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ndawe:
Hello everyone.

So I just received a congratulatory email from Tennessee Tech and they said to expect the official admission/offer letter via email within 5 days. I pray the offer is juicy.

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 7:24pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ndawe:

Lol, don't mind him. Get ready for wahala in 3-D. But I think it's a good wahala though, in trump land. To become a (wo)man is not a day's job.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 7:27pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ndawe:
Hello everyone. I've been an ardent silent follower here. I wrote my GRE sometime in 2012 during my NYSC (first and only attempt). It was this year I decided to further my studies; I didn't require GRE to undertake my MSc. Came here and reported my scores, also asking for where to register for a re-take (geniuses plenty for this thread; I felt so bad with my low scores) and Oludare01 encouraged me to apply with what I had. Though, not so many schools still had their applications open, thus, limiting my choices but he was more than helpful (who says there are no good people left). He took out his time (he even prayed with me sef lol and always had words of encouragement for me) and one would think we go waaay back.
My profile:
3 years combined experience in Quality control and QHSE; co-authored one paper and another one currently awaiting publication.
No TOEFL.

I applied to four schools (all the applications were done towards the end of Jan)
4) Clarkson Uni (PhD Environmental Science & Engineering): Though a private uni but they fund.

Congratulobia! Plus you're a matured writer. I think TTU is one of the strongest in your list of schools. Don't you wanna wait for the others to see what they got?

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ndawe(f): 7:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
Amen to that ohh. Thank you
sirRiddy:
We will throw back this time next year wink
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ndawe(f): 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2017
Thank you so much. I pray so too...
Cephas0009:

Congratulations Ma... I believe it will come with funding
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ndawe(f): 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2017
Amen. Thanks Bro!!
seeker88:
Congratulations ndawe, the offer is sure gonna be juicy ... wink
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ndawe(f): 7:38pm On Mar 02, 2017
Loool. I read your comment in Flavour's voice. Thank you grin
happyday:

Lol, don't mind him. Get ready for wahala in 3-D. But I think it's a good wahala though, in trump land. To become a (wo)man is not a day's job.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ndawe(f): 7:40pm On Mar 02, 2017
Thank you so much!!! I'll still wait, it'll be nice to know that I'd have options but TTU is my top choice though..
happyday:

Congratulobia! Plus you're a matured writer. I think TTU is one of the strongest in your list of schools. Don't you wanna wait for the others to see what they got?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 7:44pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ndawe:
Thank you so much!!! I'll still wait, it'll be nice to know that I'd have options but TTU is my top choice though..

That's fine. Please take your time. I wish you God-speed throughout this process.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 7:44pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ndawe:
Loool. I read your comment in Flavour's voice. Thank you grin

Ehhyahh, you're welcome!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by babyfaceafrica: 7:54pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ndawe:
My profile:
No TOEFL.

congrats...its not by score..its by Grace

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jaybiz007(m): 8:14pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ndawe:
My profile:
No TOEFL.

Congratulations Sis. I pray the offer comes with full funding!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ndawe:
My profile:
No TOEFL.

Congratulations dear. This must come with full funding oh. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 02, 2017
Scholastica16:

University of New Mexico. Saw 2 attachments and thought one was my acceptance and the other my "funding" letter so I hurriedly opened it. You can imagine my shock when I saw "I regret" somewhere. I could have reported it but I came online and saw you celebrating PennState, so I went back to silently moan.

I guess it is -2/8 now for me. embarassed

It hurts but you would surely smile at last. The best is coming soon.

I am rooting for you.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 9:40pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ndawe:
Hello everyone. I've been an ardent silent follower here. I wrote my GRE sometime in 2012 during my NYSC (first and only attempt). It was this year I decided to further my studies; I didn't require GRE to undertake my MSc.

Congratulations smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 9:43pm On Mar 02, 2017
happyday:
Waoh, thanks everyone for the love. Really. Everyone. I wanted to do research, never thought it would be this "challenging". Well, I told the VO I wanted to work on challenging stuff in grad school, so I deserve all I'm getting now. Lol.

200+ pages? Really?? I'm glad this thread is thriving day by day. Let me try and play catch up.

Welcome back happyday! We miss reading from you smiley
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 02, 2017
@Time2smile watz up .... aw are u doin n hope u applied too 4 2017 fall
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by layez: 12:31am On Mar 03, 2017
Congrats @Ndawe... Funding Must show

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 12:34am On Mar 03, 2017
cuspy:

Welcome back happyday! We miss reading from you smiley

Aww, so sweet of you. I miss the family too!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ndawe(f): 7:56am On Mar 03, 2017
Amen ohh. Thank you smiley
layez:
Congrats @Ndawe... Funding Must show

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.