Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1350379 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ndawe(f): 7:57am On Mar 03, 2017
Abi oh. Na the prayer be that now, thank you.
andradaeze:

Congratulations dear. This must come with full funding oh. grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Loverswater(m): 3:29pm On Mar 03, 2017
good day house, please dont b angry incase my question seems odd, but please can anyone get me a link that will lead me to toefl power prep for my practices, my email is madumichael92@gmail.com

secondly, i wrote GRE last week, got 282 which is below 300 for an engineering graduate student, any hope with this score in any university in d usa...
keep up d good work
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 5:39pm On Mar 03, 2017
andradaeze:

It hurts but you would surely smile at last. The best is coming soon.

I am rooting for you.

Thank you dear. And I, you. At the end of the day, it is just one admit I need. I am cautiously optimistic still.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 5:40pm On Mar 03, 2017
happyday:

Lol, I gentle o. How's it going at your end?

Great bro. Your recent posts are rather confusing. Are you in TrumpLand?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 5:43pm On Mar 03, 2017
Sbrainy:
@Time2smile @scholastica16
registered with erudite consult
I discovered that it was their mail they even used to register my GRE and as such, I wont have access to it so now am forced to still transact with them and even at a higher cost.

You are not forced to do anything, and please just Incase of next time, try to get solid information from the house before you trudge on. I think you should ask them now for the email they used and password so you can change the password using your own code and email.

Stop hedging the bulk of what you need to do on such agents/agencies. You will always have issues to rue much later. Really.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 5:45pm On Mar 03, 2017
cuspy:

I'm sorry about this. Stay Strong! I'm overly optimistic you'd be inundated by a deluge of admits with fundings in the end. It's a good thing you applied to 8 schools.

Thank you fam. I dey gidigba. No shaking. My resolve is further strengthened.

I hope you are expectant too. I knew you wanted to defer to next fall session but I hope you still tried to apply now.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 5:46pm On Mar 03, 2017
seeker88:

It's well bro....
The very best package for u is around d corner. You will smile soonest.

Brotherly, I believe. Thanks.

Noticed you got Rochester in the previous application cycle. Why you no use am comot?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 5:50pm On Mar 03, 2017
tuffpuff:

It is well with you Scholar. Those schools have lost a genius! I'm positive you'll have robust offers from your remaining applications.

Thanks a lot. The reality is, the GRE (standardized tests in general) are only used to reject an applicant that the school were not going to take. Once a school (or a member of faculty) is interested in having you, even one's GPA or GRE won't matter. That's what makes the process appear more inscrutable than it should be.

I have no option but to remain positive sha. Money cannot waste.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 5:52pm On Mar 03, 2017
Topiipii:

Keep hope alive, I'm sure you'll smile at the end.

Master. Thanks o. Wetin remain na for you to announce the funding decision which I know will be grand. I wonder why you were evading the PhD route?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 5:54pm On Mar 03, 2017
drhopeful:
Hugs.... Your great news will come soon. Good that you still have 6 schools to hear back from. I understand how you feel. Please hang in there. We are here to support you.

Your words of encouragement mean a lot to me. Lest I forget, that PennState funding offer, did it come after you accepted it or it was always going to be sent even if you did not accept it via the portal?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 5:56pm On Mar 03, 2017
Cephas0009:

Baba, just like drhopeful too, I am quite confident ur admission plus funding is somewhere within the pool of application. Just be patient baba. I believe it will come shortly

I am short of words but I am immensely grateful bro. I am like you in hoping I get some respite sooner than later just to calm my nerves.

How about the funding you have been chasing?

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 7:27pm On Mar 03, 2017
Scholastica16:

Brotherly, I believe. Thanks.

Noticed you got Rochester in the previous application cycle. Why you no use am comot?
You're welcome boss!

Yea, I got Rochester last year but their tuition was pretty high and d scholarship I got from them was just only 35% of d fees. Perhaps, I wasn't really serious with d whole thing then .....na why I no comot. And d country isn't getting better, I must comot this time oo grin

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Topiipii(m): 7:36pm On Mar 03, 2017
Scholastica16:

Master. Thanks o. Wetin remain na for you to announce the funding decision which I know will be grand. I wonder why you were evading the PhD route?
No mind me jare, I just think the lack of research experience will not count in my favour.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Topiipii(m): 7:37pm On Mar 03, 2017
seeker88:

You're welcome boss!

Yea, I got Rochester last year but their tuition was pretty high and d scholarship I got from them was just only 35% of d fees. Perhaps, I wasn't really serious with d whole thing then .....na why I no comot. And d country isn't getting better, I must comot this time oo grin
Why na? Who go come remain if all of una run comot? grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 9:45pm On Mar 03, 2017
Scholastica16:

Your words of encouragement mean a lot to me. Lest I forget, that PennState funding offer, did it come after you accepted it or it was always going to be sent even if you did not accept it via the portal?
You are welcome. It's the latter and I am yet to accept or reject the offer. Waiting and hoping for some other offers in the next couple of weeks before I make a decision.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 10:26pm On Mar 03, 2017
Scholastica16:

Great bro. Your recent posts are rather confusing. Are you in TrumpLand?

Yup.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 10:58pm On Mar 03, 2017
drhopeful:
You are welcome. It's the latter and I am yet to accept or reject the offer. Waiting and hoping for some other offers in the next couple of weeks before I make a decision.

Ok. I asked because a friend of mine got accepted into UIUC (For MSc) but he is yet to receive anything remotely related to an offer of funding. When I queried further, I realized he had that 'accept- decline' part of the portal so I wanted to know if that was the cause of the delay or if the offer could come even without accepting it on the portal.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 11:01pm On Mar 03, 2017
happyday:

Yup.

Baba na your way o. No transcript on the visa thread, no feedback to the house say you dey comot. Covert things I see. I am sure andradaeze knew about it.

It is not fair o. Even the way you were coding it in your replies would have flown past the uninitiated.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 11:12pm On Mar 03, 2017
Scholastica16:

Thank you fam. I dey gidigba. No shaking. My resolve is further strengthened.

I hope you are expectant too. I knew you wanted to defer to next fall session but I hope you still tried to apply now.

Sadly, I didn't. To be honest, I really neeed this year to gather enough cash for the application process. God willing, I should tender my apps before this year's December against Fall 2018.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 11:26pm On Mar 03, 2017
Scholastica16:

Ok. I asked because a friend of mine got accepted into UIUC (For MSc) but he is yet to receive anything remotely related to an offer of funding. When I queried further, I realized he had that 'accept- decline' part of the portal so I wanted to know if that was the cause of the delay or if the offer could come even without accepting it on the portal.
Ok I see. I guess I am just lucky.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by midetobi: 12:46am On Mar 04, 2017
sirRiddy:
My UG was Computer science. I sent you an invite.

please add me too: midetobi@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 04, 2017
Shayhune,can I send you a pm, please?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 7:47am On Mar 04, 2017
Scholastica16:

I am short of words but I am immensely grateful bro. I am like you in hoping I get some respite sooner than later just to calm my nerves.

How about the funding you have been chasing?

Well, fingers are crossed, I believe everything will work out just fine in the fullness of time smiley thanks boss, you av been a source of encouragement
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by aanexplus(m): 8:42am On Mar 04, 2017
1. Google the software, it's free
2. Your gre score is low. The lowest I have seen is 292. Consider retake.
Loverswater:
good day house, please dont b angry incase my question seems odd, but please can anyone get me a link that will lead me to toefl power prep for my practices, my email is madumichael92@gmail.com

secondly, i wrote GRE last week, got 282 which is below 300 for an engineering graduate student, any hope with this score in any university in d usa...
keep up d good work

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 9:51am On Mar 04, 2017
Topiipii:

Why na? Who go come remain if all of una run comot? grin
Na make e better na grin grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 10:01am On Mar 04, 2017
Hello fam,
Please who has dicapino contact? I discovered he's in TAMUK and even in d same program I got admitted in, ie, MSc Mechanical Engineering......I would like to contact him for some pieces of advice n guidance.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by shayhune: 11:48am On Mar 04, 2017
andradaeze:
Shayhune,can I send you a pm, please?

Yes. You can.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 04, 2017
king where you dey?...................i no knw your moniker,
reply me so that i can send you the list of schools still available
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 04, 2017
Scholastica16:

Baba na your way o. No transcript on the visa thread, no feedback to the house say you dey comot. Covert things I see. I am sure andradaeze knew about it.

It is not fair o. Even the way you were coding it in your replies would have flown past the uninitiated.

I plead the fifth on this one oh cheesy.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 7:48pm On Mar 04, 2017
andradaeze:

I plead the fifth on this one oh cheesy.

Pleading the fifth belongs to US citizens undecided

Una well done. There is no need for Nairaland in that case.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 04, 2017
Scholastica16:

Pleading the fifth belongs to US citizens undecided

Una well done. There is no need for Nairaland in that case.

grin US citizen or not, I am pleading the fifth on this one.

Happyday, over to you...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Loverswater(m): 9:18pm On Mar 04, 2017
aanexplus:
1. Google the software, it's free
2. Your gre score is low. The lowest I have seen is 292. Consider retake.
i av actually search for it but is always refering back to gre power prep which i have,
tanx for the advice on d gre score

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.