Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1348193 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ahahnow: 4:59pm On Oct 30, 2019
Please my school is requesting for 11 million naira from me. What do I do
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ahahnow: 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2019
exeasy:

Thank you. It is University of California, San Diego. I’m also seriously considering UT Dallas.

I applied to UT Tyler, do you have any idea where I can get funding for it?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 30, 2019
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by SOPWriter: 6:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
ahahnow:
Please my school is requesting for 11 million naira from me. What do I do
It depends on your choice. Did you check the school tuition fee before you applied (that's if you did)? As I said earlier, the action to take depends on your personal preferences.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 30, 2019
Hello, good day everyone..

After sending series of messages and enquiries about the possibility of funding; tuition waive and GA to the graduate coordinator (Political Science) of Iowa State University, He requested for my academic profile for his personal perusal to estimate my chances. I did the needful and after a couple of days, his response goes thus;

I have conferred with our Graduate Admissions committee and based on the information you have provided, we think that are you are extremely likely to be admitted if you apply to our program and that you will have a good chance of receiving half-time assistantship. The final decision would have to be made on the basis of your full application and is awarded on a merit basis as we consider all the applicants we get. Your GRE scores are similar to students who have received half-time offers in the past. We help you will choose to apply to Iowa State.

My major concern is, the full tuition is not addressed and I can not really make sense of the ''Half-time assistantship'' statement.. Yes, I am sounding naïve because I might erroneously misinterpret it. Kindly help to chip in your understanding of his response and tuition funding as regards Iowa state uni...

Thanks in proxy.

sherlock5577
ponpon

Anyone- please help!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 1:34am On Oct 31, 2019
Evans211:
Hello, good day everyone..

After sending series of messages and enquiries about the possibility of funding; tuition waive and GA to the graduate coordinator (Political Science) of Iowa State University, He requested for my academic profile for his personal perusal to estimate my chances. I did the needful and after a couple of days, his response goes thus;

I have conferred with our Graduate Admissions committee and based on the information you have provided, we think that are you are extremely likely to be admitted if you apply to our program and that you will have a good chance of receiving half-time assistantship. The final decision would have to be made on the basis of your full application and is awarded on a merit basis as we consider all the applicants we get. Your GRE scores are similar to students who have received half-time offers in the past. We help you will choose to apply to Iowa State.

My major concern is, the full tuition is not addressed and I can not really make sense of the ''Half-time assistantship'' statement.. Yes, I am sounding naïve because I might erroneously misinterpret it. Kindly help to chip in your understanding of his response and tuition funding as regards Iowa state uni...

Thanks in proxy.

sherlock5577
ponpon

Anyone- please help!
I doubt you'd get full funding from that statement except they have provision for it and they find your profile competitive.
I'd advice you try contacting researchers at other universities for graduate research assistant opportunities. Also contact other graduate coordinators. I want to believe you can get better offers!

Yes you can! Fall '20
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 31, 2019
ABUJA: November 9th, 23rd.

December 1st, 7th, 13th, 20th, 21st.

LAGOS: November 22nd.

December 1st, 7th, 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st

PORTHARCOURT: November 22nd.

December 1st, 7th, 20th, 21st

DISCOUNT REGISTRATION STILL AVAILABLE CONTACT SIGNATURE.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 31, 2019
Sherlock5577:

I doubt you'd get full funding from that statement except they have provision for it and they find your profile competitive.
I'd advice you try contacting researchers at other universities for graduate research assistant opportunities. Also contact other graduate coordinators. I want to believe you can get better offers!

Yes you can! Fall '20

Absolutely ! Thanks so much for the insights. Most of the deadlines are Jan 15. I understand the earlier i submit application(s) the better... what date do you think is ideal to meet up prior deadline?

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Patsido: 8:46pm On Oct 31, 2019
All thanks to AffordableTests for the excellent Service today. Registered for Toefl today!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 31, 2019
Patsido:
All thanks to AffordableTests for the excellent Service today. Registered for Toefl today!
. Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by sampatdikachi(m): 12:00pm On Nov 01, 2019
Hi. Thanks to all those who take out time to answer many of our questions. Please, I would like to know how the online recommendation works. Is the link sent to the emails of lecturers provided after or before the payment of the application fee? knowing this will let me know if I should further pressure my uncle about the money.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by solastar2: 3:08pm On Nov 01, 2019
solastar2:
I wrote my GRE today, but the exam took me by surprise. Maybe I was not as good as I used to think. I was thinking I will score 165+ in quant but my prep score began to fall since last week maybe as a result of anger and disturbances from work. I did woefully, I was unable to score even 300 despite believe in my mathematical capability.
But notwithstanding sha, I will keep preparing and reregister once I noticed I have improved.

V141 Q156 (unofficial)

I still don't know what I will do to achieve my targeted score in GRE. This exam is crazy and I need to stay off it for now. Today, I don't have excuse about my emotion but I know from the first verbal, I started losing it. Many confusing options and no time to think. Most of the things in the second and their quant started to look like arabic after the first verbal.

At least I am sure I am staying away from GRE at least for this year an early next year. I will just have to do with my current score.
V148
Q160
I hope my AWA will be better than the 3.0 I got in the first one because this one seems to be easier for me.
I wish all those people write this year all the best. And I pray they achieve their targeted score.

Please if you know any school that can accept this my score for PhD in Chemical Engineering, kindly let me know. My major target seems to be out of it.
Thanks all and special thanks to Vader92 for advise.

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by firstregistrar: 3:09pm On Nov 01, 2019
Some schools do send the recommendation link to your referees before you pay the application fee. I know of Louisiana State University and the University of Illinois at Chicago. The two send the referee an email once you enter their details

sampatdikachi:
Hi. Thanks to all those who take out time to answer many of our questions. Please, I would like to know how the online recommendation works. Is the link sent to the emails of lecturers provided after or before the payment of the application fee? knowing this will let me know if I should further pressure my uncle about the money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 01, 2019
UPDATE:

NOW YOU CAN GET 6 MONTHS MAGOOSH GRE PREMIUM ACCOUNT FROM AFFORDABLETESTS.

If you request for a MAGOOSH GRE Premium account Today it will Expire on May 1, 2020

CONTACT SIGNATURE!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by demo4show(m): 8:43pm On Nov 01, 2019
I am interested
AffordableTests:
ABUJA: November 9th, 23rd.

December 1st, 7th, 13th, 20th, 21st.

LAGOS: November 22nd.

December 1st, 7th, 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st

PORTHARCOURT: November 22nd.

December 1st, 7th, 20th, 21st

DISCOUNT REGISTRATION STILL AVAILABLE CONTACT SIGNATURE.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ernestamy: 9:12pm On Nov 01, 2019
Hello House
Please can someone assist with a good contact to register for GRE. Tried contacting by Mafit but they are not registering GRE test for now..Want to write by this month ending.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 01, 2019
Ernestamy:

Hello House
Please can someone assist with a good contact to register for GRE. Tried contacting by Mafit but they are not registering GRE test for now..Want to write by this month ending.

Contact Us. We are legit and Verified
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 01, 2019
demo4show:
I am interested

Contact Signature
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mosthigh33: 9:24pm On Nov 01, 2019
Ernestamy:

Hello House
contact Affordabletests
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 01, 2019
Note; No Naira payment will be taken until you confirm your test is scheduled. Requirement: We take a copy of your scanned ID (International passport)

FREE READING MATERIALS INCLUDED.

NOTE : This offer is only for people who need it. We have every measure in place to get who may try to abscond after your test is confirmed.

Also 6months MAGOOSH GRE premium account available

Contact on whatsapp only : +1-(502) 388 3402

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 10:19pm On Nov 01, 2019
Evans211:

Absolutely ! Thanks so much for the insights. Most of the deadlines are Jan 15. I understand the earlier i submit application(s) the better... what date do you think is ideal to meet up prior deadline?
No definite date. Just any time between when applications start and the January deadline.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 10:20pm On Nov 01, 2019
sampatdikachi:
No idea really. But I know they were sent emails immediately I entered and saved their details.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 01, 2019
The GRE exam is no longer considered for admission to the Department of Geosciences. #GREexit

https://geosciences.princeton.edu/graduate/applications

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Beenkay(f): 11:11pm On Nov 01, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

Nextweek, PH

How are you doing dear.
Please I'd like to find out how you registered for your test, I'm in Ph too and prepping to write soon.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ahahnow: 11:59pm On Nov 01, 2019
Is 3.36/4 gpa upper or lower
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ahahnow: 12:02am On Nov 02, 2019
Which school will give me full scholarship with 3.36 / 4 gpa
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 7:25am On Nov 02, 2019
Didn't see no mail
Patsido:
Hi Ponpon. Kindly check your mail. Trying to reach you
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 7:25am On Nov 02, 2019
Send an email sir.
Ernestamy:

Hello House
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by gbadmos(f): 9:46am On Nov 02, 2019
Hello guys...
Abeg help my life ��� and suggest schools my profile is good to enter with funding...

Below is my profile:
Undergrad Gpa: 4.54/5.00
Gre: Q161, V150 Awa: 4
Toefl: 96
Undergrad course: Mechanical Engineering
Intended course: Industrial Engineering.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by firstregistrar: 1:26pm On Nov 02, 2019
Try University of Louisiana at Lafayette. They seem to be in love with Nigerians lately. I know someone that got good funding for Fall 2019.

gbadmos:
Hello guys...
Abeg help my life ��� and suggest schools my profile is good to enter with funding...

Below is my profile:
Undergrad Gpa: 4.54/5.00
Gre: Q161, V150 Awa: 4
Toefl: 96
Undergrad course: Mechanical Engineering
Intended course: Industrial Engineering.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iamblisz(m): 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2019
solastar2:

I still don't know what I will do to achieve my targeted score in GRE. This exam is crazy and I need to stay off it for now. Today, I don't have excuse about my emotion but I know from the first verbal, I started losing it. Many confusing options and no time to think. Most of the things in the second and their quant started to look like arabic after the first verbal.

At least I am sure I am staying away from GRE at least for this year an early next year. I will just have to do with my current score.
V148
Q160
I hope my AWA will be better than the 3.0 I got in the first one because this one seems to be easier for me.
I wish all those people write this year all the best. And I pray they achieve their targeted score.

Please if you know any school that can accept this my score for PhD in Chemical Engineering, kindly let me know. My major target seems to be out of it.
Thanks all and special thanks to Vardy92 for advise.

Check university of Alabama
University of Kentucky.
Both accept 300 for chemistry courses.
I sent you mail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.