Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1352407 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Oddy16: 10:29pm On Oct 23, 2019
Guys please I need your help in school selection.
I want to go for my Masters or Ph.D in Public health, I graduated with 3.6/5 in Nutrition.
I'm yet to write GRE and hope to get not less than 310.
I have no publication, I have work experience that is not much relevant.
My LORs will be coming from an assistant lecturer and employer.
I will surely do my best in SoP.
My transcript is not yet evaluated (Please will it affect my profile if I don't use WES?)

I'm mentally exhausted from searching for schools, my priority is FULL funding and at least a middle tier school. Please which school can I apply based on these? I need your help please.�
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by solastar2: 10:46pm On Oct 23, 2019
Gracilicutes:
dat a big lie, hold that guy well.. registration is going they only carried out maintenance service on 20th an it is going now, please post that person information to save orders...
cheers.

U can't be certain sir, I paid on 1st of this month but the registration was completed today. I learnt they are having some glitches.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by bamiDee1(m): 8:16am On Oct 24, 2019
Congrats! Please I'd like to make a few inquiry form you on how you were able to achieve this feat.

bamxpress@gmail.com

Would appreciate your reply.

Thanks

Evans211:
Just got back to my abode. Left Dragnet almost immediately after the exam. It’s being a long day and i wish I could say more.. anyways, not so impressed but a bit happy and confused how I managed to get 162Q and 156 in Verbal despite burning the midnight candle and putting more efforts in verbal. My profile goes thus;

Update-

GRE- 318 (Q162 V156 AWA 3.5) Official
Toefl- Undecided (not sure if it’s needed)
GPA- 3.28/4
Degree- Political Science

Schools (MA program)

1- Bowling Greene University
2- Cleveland State University
3- University of Kansas
4- George Washington University

This is an update from my last week exam. AWA gave me a devastating blow.. Perhaps, I saw it coming but this is a rude shock!

To the Gurus in the house, not sure if this is an okay score; including AWA, but am I good to go ?

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by bamiDee1(m): 8:20am On Oct 24, 2019
Hi friend!

I'm interested in having a conversation with you so to have a solid idea of the magoosh premium account.

Please we can take it up from here: bamxpress@gmail.com

Thanks

Prettygud:
I have a magoosh premium account to share with anyone that is interested.

I wrote my GRE today.. Twas not as I expected. As a first time taker, I thought it was just some baby exam. I start prep August, so my prep was just approximately 2 months.

Some bad luck started following me from 6am today when I woke up, I stood straight to stretch, not knowing the fan was not really far up, I ended up cutting my right hand finger nails into two, blood everywhere. This happened because it's not my house, I didn't know the fan was low. I went to a near by chemist to treat my self. This weakened my confidence as I could nearly hold a pen. (don't stretch if u aren't familiar with the room on the day of ur test angry..)
Anyways I got to the centre in abuja 8:40am, the whole check in process was carried out and we started.
I have long Bern praying for 3 quants but after the incident I pray for 3 verbal( which I wasn't good at).
I wrote the test with the pain. Typing wasn't easy. But I know I did well in the AWA, my topics were sweet, straight forward, already worked on similar topics from the ETS pool of essays. I should write about 700 words for each, could have written more if I could be faster.

The first verbal was difficult, then I hard I tough quants, then break, another equally tough verbal, now I knew the first should be the experimental as I didn't really do well. The next quants was lot tougher than most practice test I have taken. What surprise me was that my last verbal was equally tough as the previous ones, I assumed I did well in the previous verbal, probably that's
Why I got another difficult one. Little did I know that I was joking with myself, all fantasy.

I will be having a rewrite by early December, by then I should have solved the mystery of verbal.
And please I will appreciate tips on verbal because I employed all that I knew during the test.

I clicked reports score and there was my 55k staring at me on the screen..
If u register GRE for a cheap price and u are genuine, please send me ur contact.

V152Q164(316) undecided..

I beg coming test takers, forget the learning of big words, the GRE dosent have big words like that, its straight forward.. Learn few words, the common ones, forget advance words and Co.. U can use magoosh flashcard for.. My problem in verbal from practice yes has always been RCs which I sometime get 3 or 4 of 10, but TC and SE are good.

Stick to one material, the most important of all is the ETS materials, all the questions that fly around are not GRE like, some are extremely tougher without clues but GRE TC and SE gives u enough clues, just learn to find it in RCs too, that's my own issue for now..

For quants, ETS is also still the best.. Then u can use magoosh or Manhattan.
Princeton practice test is a very close predictor of your real score.

If u are interested in the magoosh premium account, dm via mail.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by frostsc: 9:28am On Oct 24, 2019
Chris4guns:
Hello and good evening. Am a little bit confused now and so I need help from anyone who has gone through such similar experience.

The issue is from GRE, as they need to update your account and reflect your status. Contact Mafit, so they can contact GRE on your behalf and sort things out. Should not take more than 2 days I think.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 24, 2019
We offer discount for the above registeration. Payment after registration is allowed.

Provide the following details ;
> Scanned International Passport copy
> Login Details ( If you don't have one we can create for you )
> Venue and Date
> Location (where you want to take your test)

Package Includes: 75% Discount payment & Free Reading Materials

Contact ; affordabletests@aol.com
WhatsApp; +1 502 388 3402.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 2:13pm On Oct 24, 2019
Oddy16:
I want to go for my Masters or Ph.D in Public health, I graduated with 3.6/5 in Nutrition.
My transcript is not yet evaluated (Please will it affect my profile if I don't use WES?)

I'm mentally exhausted from searching for schools, my priority is FULL funding and at least a middle tier school. Please which school can I apply based on these? I need your help please.�

Not all schools require a transcript evaluation for an application. So this depends on the schools you'll be applying to.

I really hope you find what you're searching for! It's an ardous but rewarding journey!

Yes you can!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ahahnow: 2:52pm On Oct 24, 2019
Oddy16:

Harvard
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by exeasy(m): 7:22pm On Oct 24, 2019
I have been following this thread for a more than a year now and I must commend the people keeping alive.In the spirit of doing same, see my profile below
GRE:Q156V161
GPA:4.96
Undergraduate Major: Plant biology and Biotechnology
Intended program: PhD in molecular and Cell biology, I’m open other areas like bioinformatics, stem biology or cancer biology(might be a challenge given my discipline)

I sent my scores to four schools
Cornell
Ohio State University
Boston University
University of California

My AWA score was poor (2.5) and I thought I killed it considering how relatively simple the topics were and how lengthy I wrote on them. I had 2 weeks to prepare for GRE and only read for AWA few hours to exams, I just gleaned info I could on Nairaland and watched YouTube videos on it.

Considering my profile, please I need advice on other ambitious and safe schools

@Time2smile @scholastica16

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kemade14: 8:36pm On Oct 24, 2019
exeasy:
I have been following this thread for a more than a year now and I must commend the people keeping alive.In the spirit of doing same, see my profile below
Intended program: PhD in molecular and Cell biology, I’m open other areas like bioinformatics, stem biology or cancer biology(might be a challenge given my discipline)

Cornell
Ohio State University
Boston University
University of California

My AWA score was poor (2.5) and I thought I killed it considering how relatively simple the topics were and how lengthy I wrote on them. I had 2 weeks to prepare for GRE and only read for AWA few hours to exams, I just gleaned info I could on Nairaland and watched YouTube videos on it.

Considering my profile, please I need advice on other ambitious and safe schools

2 weeks wow.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by exeasy(m): 9:41pm On Oct 24, 2019
kemade14:

2 weeks wow.
Okay, me saying two weeks might be a bit misleading because I had been on and off magoosh flash cards especially during lunch hours at work.
I took off two weeks from work which I devoted to Magoosh videos and official GRE guides.
Those material were very helpful.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Oddy16: 10:28pm On Oct 24, 2019
Thank you for your reply.
For the transcript, will my GPA be up to 3.0 if the school evaluate?

Sherlock5577:

Not all schools require a transcript evaluation for an application. So this depends on the schools you'll be applying to.

I really hope you find what you're searching for! It's an ardous but rewarding journey!

Yes you can!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 2:42am On Oct 25, 2019
Oddy16:
Thank you for your reply.
For the transcript, will my GPA be up to 3.0 if the school evaluate?

I can't really say. Different schools have different standards. Some schools have GPA calculators on their website.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 3:25am On Oct 25, 2019
100% OFFER VALID

We offer discount for the above Registration. Payment after registration is allowed.

Provide the following details ;
> Scanned International Passport copy
> Login Details ( If you don't have one we can create for you )
> Venue and Date
> Location (where you want to take your test)

Package Includes: 75% Discount payment & Free Reading Materials

Contact ; affordabletests@aol.com
WhatsApp; +1 502 388 3402.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 10:20am On Oct 25, 2019
exeasy, I will advise you rewrite that GRE. please don't waste that GPA, it's gold.
4.96 should be around 3.95+, you have mad edge.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Hassanolek: 10:26am On Oct 25, 2019
exeasy:

Cornell
Ohio State University
Boston University
University of California

Congrats on your scores. Your CGPA isn't from here oo.

All the 4 schools you have there are ambitious schools (Top 50) and I will suggest you apply to 2 of them and add maybe 2 more schools in Top 100. Besides, which if the U of Californias did you send your score too?.
You might want to check Rutgers, TAMU(I think they waive app fee for their PhD in Cell Biology/Biochemistry).
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 4gunners(m): 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2019
calculator123:
exeasy, I will advise you rewrite that GRE. please don't waste that GPA, it's gold.
4.96 should be around 3.95+, you have mad edge.
I can only imagine how his transcript will look like, it will be As and very scanty Bs....

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 25, 2019
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2019
MIYATI:
Please is there anyone with a candid opinion about GRE registration. I have paid for about 2 weeks now, 45k and still yet to be registered. I hope GRE registration of 45k is not scam. Cos I keep getting info from the guys that ETS upgraded their site and that registration is not going for now.
There's no Upgrade! Registration is 100% available. Don't Fall for scams !
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 25, 2019
Gracilicutes:
please how are you able to pay for the GRE exam.. because I have been trying to pay it not going

Contact. We take payment after registration is done
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sterling05: 11:12pm On Oct 25, 2019
Please help me with gre materials God bless you sir
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sterling05: 11:14pm On Oct 25, 2019
Can you please help me to send gre materials to my email..... boilingaboladey@yahoo.com thanks so very much sir
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 25, 2019
Sterling05:
Can you please help me to send gre materials to my email..... boilingaboladey@yahoo.com thanks so very much sir
Add me on WhatsApp let me paste you a copy It's FREE !
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 6:31am On Oct 26, 2019
exeasy:

Cornell
Ohio State University
Boston University
University of California

Oh wow. You've got a great profile! Especially the CGPA. People dey para sha! grin
I hope to see your good news here soon!!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by FAJNNY: 10:09am On Oct 26, 2019
Good day guys,
You guys have been doing great job here.. Please a friend just wrote his GRE and he had Q159, V146, AWA2.5. He graduated with 4.71/5.0 in mechanical engineering. He is looking for direct admission to Phd options in mechanical or industrial engineering. With this GRE score, can it be possible to secure admission?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 4gunners(m): 10:20am On Oct 26, 2019
FAJNNY:
Good day guys,
You guys have been doing great job here.. Please a friend just wrote his GRE and he had Q159, V146, AWA2.5. He graduated with 4.71/5.0 in mechanical engineering. He is looking for direct admission to Phd options in mechanical or industrial engineering. With this GRE score, can it be possible to secure admission?
He can do better than that. I'll advice he writes the GRE again. That GP is too good for the score. I guess he didn't give himself enough time to prepare.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by benjamina96: 10:59am On Oct 26, 2019
Shadbay:

I just pm'ed you, bro! Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by abbeyboy2o15(m): 1:51pm On Oct 26, 2019
It is vital for people to note that the Gre is important, but for the admission process schools and admission committees do look at the student profile holistically. Meaning GPA, letter of recommendation,SOP, Gre are all important. However, your course work, meaning GPA would carry more weight no matter how.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by yasolan(m): 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2019
4gunners:
I can only imagine how his transcript will look like, it will be As and very scanty Bs....
Scanty B’s kè
He had 2 B’s at most

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.