Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (580) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1348434 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Debzzz26: 11:45pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hello everyone,
I’m a graduate of microbiology hoping to further my studies. I plan to get a masters degree in food sciences, funding included preferred country is USA. I have a CGPA of 4.82/5.0. Most universities I’ve checked don’t offer scholarships for food science research. I don’t know how to go about it or where to start from. I’d really appreciate it if I could get some tips on what to do. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Banks92(m): 11:27am On Jul 29, 2021
Steph1738aye:
Just a tip for anyone currently self studying or planning to self study for the GRE and isn’t able to get all the preparation textbooks (cause they’re quite a lot for one exam).
Get Kaplan. It’s extremelyyyyy detailed and contains A LOT of explanations on how to answer each question and each section. I bought the official GRE Guide by ETS for the obvious reason that it’s made by the test makers but I use Kaplan from my lesson center to study whenever I’m there and the GRE Guide when I’m home and I’ve seen the clear difference in both textbooks.

Goodluck to everyone, including myself, currently preparing for this exam! 320> for all of us! Amen.

Please assist with the material. ekwuemechuks92@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jonsnow92: 2:21pm On Jul 29, 2021
Ronaldoguy:

Thank you Chief, I will be taking the TOEFL based on the recommendations I have received so far, for the GRE, it was not required at all not due to covid19....so I guess there's no need.

However on the issue of WES, most school websites I have visited didn't mention transcript evaluation, most of them only states unofficial transcript for admission and official transcript should be mailed following admission offers.....only 1 out of the 4 schools is asking for official transcript sent from my university before admission....that's why I'm thinking maybe it's not necessary to do WES evaluation, you know all these things cost money....or is it a must to still do it whether its stated or not, thanks.
Please can you give a list of schools that didnt request for GRE, i already wrote ielts (academic).

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jonsnow92: 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2021
Sherlock5577:

I don't think you're not late. Many Fall 2022 applications would begin next month and end in December (for funding consideration). Prepping for GRE and TOEFL could average 4 months. You've just got a tight window, but it's possible.
Good afternoon Bro, i want to apply for MSC Geology or Civil Engineering in the USA, i already have a sponsor for the program, do i still need to rite GRE so as to gain admission? If Yes thanks in advance.. If No, please can you suggest schools i can apply to that don't need GRE at all.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Hannania(m): 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2021
Debzzz26:
Hello everyone,
I’m a graduate of microbiology hoping to further my studies. I plan to get a masters degree in food sciences, funding included preferred country is USA. I have a CGPA of 4.82/5.0. Most universities I’ve checked don’t offer scholarships for food science research. I don’t know how to go about it or where to start from. I’d really appreciate it if I could get some tips on what to do. Thank you.
Hello there, you have a very impressive CGPA that can be converted to 3.8-3.9/4.0. with that, you can get a straight PHD with out doing your masters. follow the USA trend, and you'd get everything you need.

to start with, research for schools using USnews, and other platforms, to search for departments of your interest. America has almost 4000 universities, you'd surly get a school that will fund you.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 4:47am On Jul 30, 2021
jonsnow92:
Good afternoon Bro, i want to apply for MSC Geology or Civil Engineering in the USA, i already have a sponsor for the program, do i still need to rite GRE so as to gain admission? If Yes thanks in advance.. If No, please can you suggest schools i can apply to that don't need GRE at all.

It's great that you have a sponsor. As per your first question: it would depend on the school you're applying to. I know from the past that writing these standardized exams gives the applicant some advantage especially regarding funding (would help reduce the cost for your sponsor).

Regarding your second request: the best person to research schools for you would be you, because you know what you're most interested. My advice is to search for profs with similar research interests on the different programs' websites. You could start by searching "US professors with ...... research" on search engines and/or even checking out authors of publications of interest and their personal websites.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Banks92(m): 8:32am On Jul 30, 2021
tbred:

Thanks for the study study materials, I appreciate.

Please bro send to me Ekwuemechuks92@gmail.com

thanks bro
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Debzzz26: 11:16am On Jul 30, 2021
Hannania:
Hello there, you have a very impressive CGPA that can be converted to 3.8-3.9/4.0. with that, you can get a straight PHD with out doing your masters. follow the USA trend, and you'd get everything you need.

to start with, research for schools using USnews, and other platforms, to search for departments of your interest. America has almost 4000 universities, you'd surly get a school that will fund you.
Thank you very much I really appreciate. Please do u have an idea of the platforms I can check?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by tbred: 12:51pm On Jul 30, 2021
Banks92:

Please bro send to me Ekwuemechuks92@gmail.com

thanks bro

Sent
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Hannania(m): 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2021
Debzzz26:

Thank you very much I really appreciate. Please do u have an idea of the platforms I can check?
Google is the most resourceful place, but underutilized. search plainly your filed of interest. to start with, check out university of Dallas, my friend got full funded PHD with is BSC in Biology (not even first class) without writing GRE or TOEFL. he graduated 2019, and left Nigeria 2020. he didn't even do his NYSC. check the school out

Universe Of Texas at Dallas

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by yusman14(m): 4:20pm On Jul 30, 2021
Please how is WES conversion done from 5 grade system to a 4 grade system?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Debzzz26: 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2021
Hannania:
Google is the most resourceful place, but underutilized. search plainly your filed of interest. to start with, check out university of Dallas, my friend got full funded PHD with is BSC in Biology (not even first class) without writing GRE or TOEFL. he graduated 2019, and left Nigeria 2020. he didn't even do his NYSC. check the school out

Universe Of Texas at Dallas
Thank you����

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Debzzz26: 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2021
Please does anyone know about the university of Wisconsin stout. Is it a good university?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seuntohbad: 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2021
Pls I need reference materials for GRE exams..

pls If you have kindly share
this is my email
oluwagbotemi1105@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seuntohbad: 6:58pm On Jul 30, 2021
tbred:

Sent
please can you share with me
thank you so much in advance
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Themaths(m): 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2021
Steph1738aye:
Just a tip for anyone currently self studying or planning to self study for the GRE and isn’t able to get all the preparation textbooks (cause they’re quite a lot for one exam).
Get Kaplan. It’s extremelyyyyy detailed and contains A LOT of explanations on how to answer each question and each section. I bought the official GRE Guide by ETS for the obvious reason that it’s made by the test makers but I use Kaplan from my lesson center to study whenever I’m there and the GRE Guide when I’m home and I’ve seen the clear difference in both textbooks.

Goodluck to everyone, including myself, currently preparing for this exam! 320> for all of us! Amen.

Dear Steph,

From experience, Kaplan is only good enough for Verbal and Analytical writing. But for Quantitative, it didn't do enough justice to it.

I would strongly recommend the Manhattan guide for the Quantitative, when you done with the books use the Manhattan 5lb to check your standing and how far you have gone.

Wish you all the best in your test. Regards.

To buttress my point, when you finish studying the quantitative in the Kaplan guide, go online and take their practice test, you will wonder if it's the same people who made the book set those questions.

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Steph1738aye: 9:38pm On Jul 30, 2021
Oh yeah
I should’ve mentioned that part. It’s extremely detailed for the verbal & analytical sections

I just started studying with the Manhattan guide for the quantitative section and it’s pretty detailed too but like a whole new information

Thanks
Themaths:

Dear Steph,

From experience, Kaplan is only good enough for Verbal and Analytical writing. But for Quantitative, it didn't do enough justice to it.

I would strongly recommend the Manhattan guide for the Quantitative, when you done with the books use the Manhattan 5lb to check your standing and how far you have gone.

To buttress my point, when you finish studying the quantitative in the Kaplan guide, go online and take their practice test, you will wonder if it's the same people who made the book set those questions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Themaths(m): 10:00pm On Jul 30, 2021
Steph1738aye:
Oh yeah
I should’ve mentioned that part. It’s extremely detailed for the verbal & analytical sections

I just started studying with the Manhattan guide for the quantitative section and it’s pretty detailed too but like a whole new information

Thanks

greprepclub. com is another handy forum.

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Themaths(m): 10:07pm On Jul 30, 2021
Debzzz26:
Please does anyone know about the university of Wisconsin stout. Is it a good university?

http://www.msinus.com/content/profile-evaluation-ms-us-261/

Follow the above link for approximate ranking of US schools. And it will be best you enough personal research so that you can be asking the right questions when you come back to this platform. Wishing you all the best.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Debzzz26: 11:36am On Jul 31, 2021
Themaths:

http://www.msinus.com/content/profile-evaluation-ms-us-261/

Follow the above link for approximate ranking of US schools. And it will be best you enough personal research so that you can be asking the right questions when you come back to this platform. Wishing you all the best.
Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by tbred: 10:11am On Aug 01, 2021
seuntohbad:
please can you share with me
thank you so much in advance

Sent
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by emmanuelle27: 2:35pm On Aug 01, 2021
Steph1738aye:
Oh yeah

Thanks
What about GRE maths strategy? That's the one I'm currently using what do you guys think?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Banks92(m): 12:42pm On Aug 02, 2021
Steph1738aye:
Oh yeah

Thanks

Can you send me the Manhattan guide. Ekwuemechuks92@gmail.com
Quantitative is my headache
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bomidoski(m): 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2021
Steph1738aye:

Please can you share .
collinsikwueze@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bomidoski(m): 9:32am On Aug 03, 2021
jonsnow92:
Please can you give a list of schools that didnt request for GRE, i already wrote ielts (academic).

Please i need the list too
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by njidekachi: 1:28pm On Aug 03, 2021
Good day dear,

Can u pls help with Manhattan 5lb book link for downlaod. Appreciate your response

Themaths:

Dear Steph,

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by njidekachi: 1:46pm On Aug 03, 2021
Good day steph,

Pls can u share ur study book gotten from kaplan and ets with me
smartangels2@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Steph1738aye:

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Steph1738aye: 12:18am On Aug 04, 2021
The Kaplan and ETS study guide are both hard copies. I just logged on to Kaptest (while typing this) to try out the online version (I registered this morning) but you still need the book to register because they ask specific questions from the book; so I did that while at my tutorial center (I don’t have Kaplan but they do)
I have the 5lb Manhattan guide I’ve been studying with for 2 days now and I’ve really improved (I went from 5/25 (using the ets guide) to 21/29 using the 5lb Manhattan guide (thank you soo much to the person who recommended it to me). Now when I go back to the ETS guide, I’m better now than I was when I got 5/25 in the practice test. I also have a few other ones like Magoosh I could send to you.
njidekachi:
Good day steph,

Pls can u share ur study book gotten from kaplan and ets with me
smartangels2@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Steph1738aye: 12:21am On Aug 04, 2021
There are a couple schools that do not require the GRE and this depends on both your program and the school
There isn’t anywhere you’d Find a complete list of every single school that doesn’t require the GRE so you could just start off by googling this or just go straight to searching for schools you’re interested in and checking their application requirements
Bomidoski:

Please i need the list too
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Themaths(m): 3:00am On Aug 04, 2021
njidekachi:
Good day dear,

Can u pls help with Manhattan 5lb book link for downlaod. Appreciate your response

I don't have a direct download link. I will see if I can upload it to Google drive and create a link
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by njidekachi: 3:16am On Aug 04, 2021
thanks, will wait for the link

Themaths:

I don't have a direct download link. I will see if I can upload it to Google drive and create a link
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Themaths(m): 12:48pm On Aug 04, 2021

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.