Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Hurt Of Previous Relationships, Affecting The Present One - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hurt Of Previous Relationships, Affecting The Present One (5520 Views)

Share Why You Ended Your Previous Relationships. / My Girlfriend Said Her Previous Guy Was Stronger In Bed. / What Lessons Have You Learnt From Your Previous Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hurt Of Previous Relationships, Affecting The Present One by kissangel1: 12:09pm On Oct 15, 2008
hey, aint that boys 2 men.

oh so so touching, yeah i deserve to feel and enjoy love despite wateva happened in the past
Re: Hurt Of Previous Relationships, Affecting The Present One by Tgirl4real(f): 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2008
U are right girl . . . grin

but don't lose ya head o tongue
Re: Hurt Of Previous Relationships, Affecting The Present One by Kutey: 12:14pm On Oct 15, 2008
I'm so happy you posted this, honestly I'm in the same situation.
Its soooo much harder than I tought.
Was with my ex 2 1/2 years were very close, thought he was the man of my life.
Within 3 months he met old class mate , suddenly wasn't happy in the relationship left me for her and treated me like dirt.
I was like  shocked Oh my lord, Is this real?
Went through serious depression for over 6 months but great help from family and friends.
I left relationships for over a year. when men approched me instead of being flattered I was so angry, scared, resentful.
Then I met this amazing guy over 8 months ago and he is everything you can expect in a man.
Nice, sweet, Godfearing, caring, ambitious, educated and focused (My ex was jobless for over 2 years). He threw himself fully into the relationship, wanted to introduce me to his folks within a month we met but I totally stopped him on his tracks. I was quite harsh, very jealous and really just a general pain. I suspected everything he did or said always checking on him and picking a fight for every little thing.
I have now realised the sort of person he is but am I'm afraid alot has been ruined down the line. He still loves me very much but he's not as nice and caring as before. The relationship has been strained and I'm just praying everything will sort itself out.
Do not make the same mistake, its more difficult than I tought but there is really no point going into a relationship if you can't give it your all.
People are different so go for it girl.
Re: Hurt Of Previous Relationships, Affecting The Present One by kissangel1: 12:59pm On Oct 15, 2008
@kutey,
thats really sad. my new relationship is just allitle near two months. and he is so so good. but guess what, i dont even let him hold my hands talk less of hugging or kissing. and i ve realised im always talking negatively buthes been so supportive and understanding all the way.

u see, ive had exs who hit me, very verbally and emotionally abusive, ready to kick u out of their house and shutthe door when u come visiting becos of flimsy issues and leave u begging out side to be let in the house and pick ur hand bag, and he just throws it out,would sleep with ma friends, one even had the guts to try a three some when one of my friends came to meet me at his place.to rub insult to injury he got upset when i refused and asked me to leave that i was "choking" him. imagine my pain and hurt. and that was after treating me like dirt. u know, all these things makesu afraid of giving out your heart again. u fell like its doomed. women go through a lot to make thir relationships survive especially when u dont want to be passed around and is scared of starting all ova again after investing so much in the relationship

but the truth is dat we need to fight our fears and enjoy our new loves God has giving up. i never agreed to go vivit him, but ive made uo my mind, all dat is hanging this weekend. il be there, all hot and happy and a happywoman. theres no point suffering for assholes that dont even deserve d dust from our foot prints. we certainly wont be getting intimate not yet, but be as sure as hell ther'l be lots of hugs and kisses,
Re: Hurt Of Previous Relationships, Affecting The Present One by webman(m): 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2008

Red Alerts !
[b][/b][s][/s]

1. Long courtship often do not  lead to marriage.  2. ldentify what you do  really want in  a  given courtship/relationship  cuz, some people hold on, due to what  they can get from such relationship at the expense of  their  love itself ( lack of focus is really a problem)  3. The case of  forgettin about the past hurts in  a  relationship is  a big deal.  Generally, ladies are emotionally-rooted  while guys are logically-rooted.  lt takes longer time  for ladies to forget and forgive in a particular relationship than guys ,cuz, more than 75% of them truly love and put everything into such relationship.Also, it's very eaiser for ladies to love by virtue of  their nature than guys with  rigid hearts. 4. In this turbulent era, where  everything is really astronomical in  nature, cases of distrust ,break-ups and  other social vices do have  effect on a particular loving relationship . The best thing  to do is to ask questions, whenever you do  not understand a given trend /trait/way/method that you  have known your  partner with, in this regards, ladies are more sensitive and  they could see  when a  relationship is packin up.
Re: Hurt Of Previous Relationships, Affecting The Present One by inquisitiv: 3:29pm On Oct 15, 2008
As I read this thread, I cant but feel for the ladies. sincerely ladies love with their whole being only for us ruthless, emotion-less and hard hearted guys to leave them mortally wounded. Just be careful all you ladies b4 committing ur mind, it can be hard to heal. my fellow guys make we begin dey behave
Re: Hurt Of Previous Relationships, Affecting The Present One by tpia5: 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2013
its hard but one should try not to let the hurt have the upper hand.
Re: Hurt Of Previous Relationships, Affecting The Present One by fubbyy(m): 5:36pm On Apr 12, 2013
All this love issues na crap, aint nothing like love, it doesn't exist, y'all should wake up 2 reality
Re: Hurt Of Previous Relationships, Affecting The Present One by tpia5: 6:19am On Aug 16, 2013
well, this is still my opinion:

tpia@:
its hard but one should try not to let the hurt have the upper hand.

undecided

however, its a free world, nothing's set in stone.

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Beats Me And Doesn't Let Me Talk To My Parents / ???????????????????? / Ladies, Have You Gone Out On A Date With A Much Older Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.