Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,140 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People (63308 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / I Would Like To Know Some About Igbo Traditions / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by kellystech(m): 7:55am On Jul 29, 2014
gratiaeo:
Like serious what's your point here? You can chose to be whatever u want, but mind u that when the time comes we will take what rightfully belong to us.
NOTE: Bakasi was formally in Nigeria territory
if ikwerre land is urs den y are u buying it from the ikwerre ppl?
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by kevinhacker(m): 7:56am On Jul 29, 2014
greggng: Ibos re great people no doubt. I love their industrous nature. The only problem I ve with them is how the could regard some set of people as osu outcaste. Their reason for doing that is cultural which is against Gods law.I just pray must ibos will not end up in hell for establishing this evil. On the part of yorubas I hate what the called oru a culture that permits them to take the lifes of some people that mistakenly come back late at night when oru is going on.I would ve been a victim but God saved me. This culture if not stopped will make must people end up in hell.don't know about the hausas except boko haram who will by their actions end up in hell
thank u sis , but there is nothing like OSU in Igbo land again, they have corrected it.. everybody is now free

4 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by HopeAtHand: 7:56am On Jul 29, 2014
Let me clarify issues.

1) Ikwerre is Ikwerre.

2) Ikwerre isnt a subgroup of anytribe.

3) Igbos should stop mentioning Ikwerre in their writeups.

Let nobody quote me or Amadioha will strike the person.

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:56am On Jul 29, 2014
"Some thirty years ago the Ibos (sic) began to move in to trade in the riverine areas. Eventually many settled and by sheer force of numbers began to dominate the smaller tribes. Igbo came to be so widely used that certain tribes practically lost their mother tongue. . . A determined effort is now being made to remedy the situation . . . Igbo was officially taught and spoken in school. It could hardly be otherwise, since most of the teachers were Ibos (sic). Gradually many local languages were eroded. As the Bible had not been translated into the minority languages, the Igbo Bible and prayer books were used in schools and churches."
Sunset in Biafra, pg21, by Elechi Amadi.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by 500GP: 7:56am On Jul 29, 2014
Question: Some people say that Igbo language
is not complete, is it true?
Answer: No language is complete. All languages
borrow from each other. Igbo language is very
rich. It has inexhaustible and rich linguistic
features like idioms, proverbs, aphorisms,
sayings, anecdotes, riddles, folklores, etc.

[Igbo
language is one of the major languages of the
world, being spoken by millions of people] - POSTULATIONS

YOUR IBO ARTISTES INDUCE YORUBA LANGUAGE TO THEIR SONG. IT IS RARE TO SEE IBO MOVIE WHICH THEIR NATIVE LANGUAGE IS USE
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Chamack: 7:57am On Jul 29, 2014
I so much value my Igboness, my Igboity and My igbogborigbo. O ga di kwara Ndi Igbo mma.

7 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by gratiaeo(m): 7:57am On Jul 29, 2014
ntyce: If you are great, then you are.
You dont need to publicise urselves.
Can't imagine a Yoruba or am Hausa man opening such threads.
this is simply a case of low self esteem.
This is one of the reasons the Ibo man may never rule a united Nigeria.
imagine someone posting a comment that they are born to dominate, dominate who and what?
Even if you have auch agenda, you keep them to urself.
Posts like this won't find you friends.
Dominate u and urchins u are breeding

5 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Elle780(f): 7:58am On Jul 29, 2014
Yes is true. Most pple from Ndokwa East have their lineage traced to Anambra State.
Blackvampire:
Dis is arrant nonsense asaba, okpanam,ibusa,ogwashiuku umunede,ndokwa west n east/with oil deposit/ iseleuku,ubuluku, agbor,akuku igbo illah dis are all igbo towns and there are others i did not bother to mention too

4 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Descartes: 8:00am On Jul 29, 2014
500GP: Question: Some people say that Igbo language

[Igbo

YOUR IBO ARTISTES INDUCE YORUBA LANGUAGE TO THEIR SONG. IT IS RARE TO SEE IBO MOVIE WHICH THEIR NATIVE LANGUAGE IS USE

7 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by gratiaeo(m): 8:00am On Jul 29, 2014
kellystech: if ikwerre land is urs den y are u buying it from the ikwerre ppl?
I'm from Neni and i have bought a plot of land in Awka, does that make Awka an Hausa land?

8 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 29, 2014
I rep Anambra!

Ndi Anambra nma nma nu!!

3 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by jericco1(m): 8:01am On Jul 29, 2014
Blackvampire:
Dis is arrant nonsense asaba, okpanam,ibusa,ogwashiuku umunede,ndokwa west n east/with oil deposit/ iseleuku,ubuluku, agbor,akuku igbo illah dis are all igbo towns and there are others i did not bother to mention too

excuse me i happen to come from delta and ikasouth agbor, so don't tell me what isn't and won't be.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by kevinhacker(m): 8:02am On Jul 29, 2014
PenSniper: A propaganda stunt based on fallacies. No river survives without its source. A whole race that cannot trace its origin at the 21st century is bound to extinct. What is there for you to gloat and cheer about "? Dont you all have brains ? You applaud shame rather than burying your heads in shame.
are they not better than you that claimed that your father fall from heaven ?? LAZY TRIBE , CANT EVEN BRING OUT TIME TO SEARCH FOR YOUR ORIGIN, #FALLEN ANCESTOR grin
PenSniper: A propaganda stunt based on fallacies. No river survives without its source. A whole race that cannot trace its origin at the 21st century is bound to extinct. What is there for you to gloat and cheer about "? Dont you all have brains ? You applaud shame rather than burying your heads in shame.
are they not better than you that claimed that your father fall from heaven ?? LAZY TRIBE , CANT EVEN BRING OUT TIME TO SEARCH FOR YOUR ORIGIN, #FALLEN ANCESTOR

12 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by slydog(m): 8:03am On Jul 29, 2014
banega: Representing Owerri here cheesy

Am yoruba, I want to marry igbo gurl like Banega, buh she pushing me offff...
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by satowind(m): 8:04am On Jul 29, 2014
Zoharariel:

@OP & his fellow Biafrans - Pls, I want my questions below answered truthfully & constructively

1.) If the Igboland is truly not landlocked, Y are they trying so hard to claim Lagos as a no mans land or even their father's heritage? Y do they not go & also lay claims to Abuja, Kano & PortHarcout?

2.) Y are the Igbos always bitter towards Awolowo & the Yorubas generally inspite of the hospitality & opportunities they enjoy in the South West?

3.) Y do the Igbos find it difficult to curtail their domineering nature & waywardness described by Sir Armadu Bello & written about in "The Bitter Truth About The Igbos by Femi Fani Kayode" rather than always launching verbal assaults & being belligerent towards their fellow Nigerians from other ethnicity?

Igbo Mods & Super Mods may ban me but b4 then answer my questions 1st!
Lagos was initially ojukwu's fathers land before the civil war. It was given to the yorubas as a price for awolowos betrayal to the igbo. But we are back to take wat is rightfully ours.
In Abraham Lincolns voice I dream of a tym when an igbo man will be the governor of lagos state and with pdp platform.

4 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 29, 2014
nickz: ORLU till death.......*IBM
cool cool
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by gratiaeo(m): 8:06am On Jul 29, 2014
minkawe: The good thing about Igbo is their enterprising nature coupled with humility. I think the tribe is a blessing to Nigeria, check the nooks and crannies and you find these set of people putting themselves to good use. I love and emulate you folks and I'm not an Igbo man.
It shall be well with you and your generation, born and unborn

7 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Elle780(f): 8:07am On Jul 29, 2014
Do you watch movies atall? They are many igbo movies.
Lemme list dem for u
nwanne murano
akidi
nne ife adigo
onye ntisa
ofor na ogu
ada owerr e.t.c Oga madam talk wetin u sabi
500GP: Question: Some people say that Igbo language

[Igbo

6 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Blackvampire(m): 8:10am On Jul 29, 2014
Elle780: Yes is true. Most pple from Ndokwa East have their lineage traced to Anambra State.
Thank you my brother the oil deposit in the ndokwa east is so huge they have not started drilling sha....i just want us the anioma igbos to have our own state..far from the ever tribalist urohobos n ijaws itsekiris A.k.A yroubas..so we can join the south east we dont belive in this niger delta crap......

12 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by platz(m): 8:11am On Jul 29, 2014
we have everything..... ndi igbo...... proudly ebonyian

8 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by 0merta(m): 8:11am On Jul 29, 2014
banega: Representing Owerri here cheesy

How come Banega was denied the golden opportunity of marrying her rich, handsome Heartthrob, now Ex, Chukwuemeka, despite hailing from the same Village in Imo state, simply because She's Osu?...good to know She's moved on with her Life.

And what moves are the 21st century, enlightened, caste-system-hating Igbos making to stem this tide in Igboland?

...Or has this barbaric, unbiblical, ungodly and despicably loathsome practice come to stay in Alaigbo?

I need responses, please!

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 29, 2014
kevinhacker:
thank u sis , but there is nothing like OSU in Igbo land again, they have corrected it.. everybody is now free
who corrected it and when did the correction take place?
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 29, 2014
Smh.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by iceberylin(m): 8:15am On Jul 29, 2014
#TEAM_igbo

#TEAM_BIAFRAN

4 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by iceberylin(m): 8:16am On Jul 29, 2014
django1: Smh.
your just a Hater
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Savigne(f): 8:17am On Jul 29, 2014
I'm proudly Igbo and loving it!!! These people shouting that Igbos love money should give all of theirs to charity already make person hear word...

9 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Lilprocess(m): 8:19am On Jul 29, 2014
Biafra republic

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by dexterinc2003: 8:19am On Jul 29, 2014
grin First No man's land...then Ojukwu's fatherland...i was initially liking this thread until yall started answering questions with insults...now this thread looks like some psychotherapy u ppl need 2 build ur self esteem,which i doubt was ever there in the first place...respect is reciprocal.respect other tribes and yours will be respected...waiting for d next e-mumu dat will come and say nairaland is ojukwu's father e-land...yaba left is kuku ma near....
Shout out 2....seun Osewa
Wizkid
Davido
Dbanj
Olamide
Igbo artists with yoruba choruses..hehe
Peter okoye(the luckiest mudafuka in d world)
Wale
And other superstars from other tribes(and the ones that feel so angry right now that they cant wait 2 comman quote)...heheh.cheers im out.

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Balkan(m): 8:20am On Jul 29, 2014
proudly Igbo man. one of my yoruba friend
told me last week that he would have been
a rich man if he was Igbo. I asked him why he
thinks so, but he could not explain

9 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by slydog(m): 8:21am On Jul 29, 2014
0merta:

How come Banega was denied the golden opportunity of marrying her rich, handsome Heartthrob, now Ex, Chukwuemeka, despite hailing from the same Village in Imo state, simply because She's Osu?...good to know She's moved on with her Life.

And what moves are the 21st century, enlightened, caste-system-hating Igbos making to stem this tide in Igboland?

...Or has this barbaric, unbiblical, ungodly and despicably loathsome act come to stay in Alaigbo?

I need responses, please!

Who says Banega is osu? Whether she's osu or not, me am ofe mmnanu, I don't mind, only if she will accept me. I too like igbo gurls,independent and enterprising.
Banega, am waiting o

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Awoofawo(m): 8:21am On Jul 29, 2014
ChrisOD:

Igbos are made to dominate you just like Israel dominates the Arabs. Live with it or die trying to.

You didn't realise you have stated the main problem with world as whole!

It is the dominating nature of certain group of races that made the world the nightmare; it is now!

Do not try to dominate other to their injury, cause they will learn to hate you!

See what Isreal is doing to Palestine and the western are doing to the black people, the muslim to people who don't share their belief, and soon on. These the root cause of all the unrest and pain in the word! cool

As you Igbo would say "live and let's us live" your over dominating attitude negate that beautiful idiom! cool

7 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by kabba7(m): 8:21am On Jul 29, 2014
Damalex4luv: As part of the president Goodluck AGENDA for National transformation and economic development for Nigeria, all Nigerian graduates are going to be entitled to job opportunities and #50,000 monthly whether u are working or not. This program is being executed tuner a body known as TAN meaning TRANSFORMATION AGENDA FOR NIGERIANS. registration closes 31st of July and all Nigerian graduates will start receiving their monthly allowance of #50.000 effect from September. Please click the link below to register before registration closes 31st July. http://tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=59354

WILL THIS COME #50,000 FROM THE STOLEN $20 BILLION OR THE STOLEN PENSION FUND please answer sharp sharp .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Official Translation Thread / Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero Takes New Wife (Photos) / Tanzanian Women Twerk In Public, Go Viral. See Reactions (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.