Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration (3066 Views)

GEJ Should Apologise To Ijaws And Niger Deltans / Declaration-of-war-jonathans-contracting-maritime-security-to-ijaws-is-an-act-of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2014
THE KAIAMA DECLARATION BEING COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF THE ALL IJAW YOUTHS CONFERENCE WHICH HELD IN THE TOWN OF KAIAMA THIS 11TH DAY OF DECEMBER 1998.

Ijawland hereby make the following resolutions to be known as the Kaiama Declaration:

1. All land and natural resources (including mineral resources) within the Ijaw territory belong to Ijaw communities and are the basis of our survival.

2. We cease to recognise all undemocratic decrees that rob our peoples/communities of the right to ownership and control of our lives and resources, which were enacted without our participation and consent. These include the Land Use Decree and The Petroleum Decree etc.

3. We demand the immediate withdrawal from Ijawland of all military forces of occupation and repression by the Nigerian State. Any oil company that employs the services of the armed forces of the Nigerian State to "protect" its operations will be viewed as an enemy of the Ijaw people. Family members of military personnel stationed in Ijawland should appeal to their people to leave the Ijaw area alone.

4. Ijaw youths in all the communities in all Ijaw clans in the Niger Delta will take steps to implement these resolutions beginning from the 30th of December, 1998, as a step towards reclaiming the control of our lives. We, therefore, demand that all oil companies stop all exploration and exploitation activities in the Ijaw area. We are tired of gas flaring; oil spillages, blowouts and being labelled saboteurs and terrorists. It is a case of preparing the noose for our hanging. We reject this labelling. Hence, we advice all oil companies staff and contractors to withdraw from Ijaw territories by the 30th December, 1998 pending the resolution of the issue of resource ownership and control in the Ijaw area of the Niger Delta

5. Ijaw youths and Peoples will promote the principle of peaceful coexistence between all Ijaw communities and with our immediate neighbours, despite the provocative and divisive actions of the Nigerian State, transnational oil companies and their contractors. We offer a hand of friendship and comradeship to our neighbors: the Itsekiri, Ilaje, Urhobo, Isoko, Edo, Ibibio, Ogoni, Ekpeye, Ikwerre etc. We affirm our commitment to joint struggle with the other ethnic nationalities in the Niger delta area for self-determination.

6. We express our solidarity with all peoples organisations and ethnic nationalities in Nigeria and elsewhere who are struggling for self-determination and justice. In particular we note the struggle of the Oodua peoples Congress (OPC), the Movement for the Survival of Ogoni People (Mosop), Egi Women's Movement etc.

7. We extend our hand of solidarity to the Nigerian oil workers (NUPENG and PENGASSAN) and expect that they will see this struggle for freedom as a struggle for humanity

8. We reject the present transition to civil rule programme of the Abubakar regime, as it is not preceded by restructuring of the Nigerian federation. The way forward is a Sovereign National Conference of equally represented ethnic nationalities to discuss the nature of a democratic federation of Nigerian ethic nationalities. Conference noted the violence and killings that characterized the last local government elections in most parts of the Niger Delta. Conference pointed out that these electoral conflicts are a manifestation of the undemocratic and unjust nature of the military transition programme. Conference affirmed therefore, that the military are incapable of enthroning true democracy in Nigeria.

9. We call on all Ijaws to remain true to their Ijawness and to work for the total liberation of our people. You have no other true home but that which is in Ijawland.

10. We agreed to remain within Nigeria but to demand and work for Self Government and resource control for the Ijaw people. Conference approved that the best way for Nigeria is a federation of ethnic nationalities. The federation should be run on the basis equality and social justice.

Finally, Ijaw youths resolve to set up the Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) to coordinate the struggle of Ijaw peoples for self-determination and justice.

Signed for the entire participants:

Felix Tuodolo
Ogoriba, Timi Kaiser-Wilhelm

3 Likes

Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
My Dear Brothers/Sisters,

I observe in awe how we have consciously or unconsciously abandoned the struggle of the Ijaw Nation since the Ascension to power of Our Brother and Son, Dr. Ebelemi Goodluck Jonathan. We seem more interested in maintaining the status quo of the Nigeria State rather than emancipate ourselves for the betterment of the Ijaw/Izon.

We have soon abandoned our call for the abolishment of Land Use Decree, Resource Control, Convocation of Sovereign National Conference and all our calls. We have made the Presidency our Primary priority when the position can not be held permanently. We have achieved little or nothing from the present political arrangement. Our Youths are still jobless, Oil Companies still continue with gas flaring, our resources is not enjoyed by our people, there is socio-political and economic imbalance in the land. It is time to wake up and reflect on the KAIMA Declaration of 1998 as True Ijaws/Izons.

Our Struggle should not fade with the Presidency. Our Spirit Must not die.

LONG LIVE IZONS!!!

Your Brother
Alabo barcanista
Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
cc:
Ijawcitizen
Kelsoft
All Ijaw Sons and Daughters
Friends of Ijaws
Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
That's a lie from the pit of hell !
APC propaganda and a scam.
Where is MASSOB & ohanaeze on that document?
We know that the South South is part of Biafra.
Only a phool will believe such stupidity.
This is another tactic to try and separate the South and South East.
Ndiofe, coneheads, from the South West are at it again.
This op claiming Ijaw is a Yorober, they just cannot stand our success. tongue
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Since I have already said these, please do not repeat carry go forward with new one. tongue

Ps. The monicker and person/character in the name of Bluivy is protected bathed in the blood of Jesus Christ which is a shield and bounces every insult, curse back to the sender in million multiples. So please go ahead! cool

7 Likes

Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 29, 2014
Before some people will start crying more than the bereaved!!!

GOOGLE "KAIMA DECLARATION"

More on Ijaw Struggle can be found here

http://www.unitedijaw.com/kaiama.htm

3 Likes

Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
BluIvy: That's a lie from the pit of hell !

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Since I have already said these, please do not repeat carry go forward with new one. tongue
I will take the bold to be "sarcasm" smiley
Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
whatlyf: I will take the bold to be "sarcasm" smiley
wink tongue

What did you do? Why were you banned? I get confused sometimes i see people who are atleast very crude and heartless but they don't get banned?
Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 29, 2014
BluIvy:
wink tongue
And they suddenly go on READ ONLY MODE...

We all know who wish us well and who doesn't cheesy cheesy cheesy

I'm afraid they will come out to scream barcanista/whatlyf is bluIvy angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2014
whatlyf: And they suddenly go on READ ONLY MODE...

We all know who wish us well and who doesn't cheesy cheesy cheesy

I'm afraid they will come out to scream barcanista/whatlyf is bluIvy angry angry angry

Yeah! Posing as a Botswana/South African chick. Lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by atlwireles: 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2014
Is this the same Felix from our NDDC days, please confirm. I want to know,who dey talk here. cool cool cool
Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by doublewisdom: 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2014
Op trying too hard to prove he is an Ijo. Nwa nmanu go get a life!

10 Likes

Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
BluIvy:

Yeah! Posing as a Botswana/South African chick. Lol cheesy cheesy
I look forward to the day that they will add Ghana, Malawi, Seychelles to our collection cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2014

1 Like

Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2014
The TWO posters above my previous post are just too funny cheesy cheesy cheesy

Chai Oil $$$$ Going...

1 Like

Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by oduastates: 2:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
Your revolution has been hijacked.
You have retrogressed from metie ,saro wiwa to asari, Tompolo and Clarke .

1 Like

Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
whatlyf: I look forward to the day that they will add Ghana, Malawi, Seychelles to our collection cheesy cheesy cheesy

You did not tell me what you banned for? Which thread?
Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 29, 2014
OlaJohnson1: Izon tu, Izon be.
This is your brother, Tamaraukenemiweriemi greeting you.
Greetings to you brother! I used to think you were from O'dua though "Ola"
Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by atlwireles: 2:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
oduastates: Your revolution has been hijacked.

Your fear of Asari, tompolo and Clarke is the beginning of wisdom. Simply admit this fact and stop trying to spin.

4 Likes

Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2014
BluIvy:

You did not tell me what you banned for? Which thread?
He said I was banned for "tribalizing" the thread on the Nigeria Athlete That Failed Drug Test. because I Greeted her tribe(Afterall they have been claiming successes of their tribesmen/women).
Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2014
whatlyf: He said I was banned for "tribalizing" the thread on the Nigeria Athlete That Failed Drug Test. because I Greeted her tribe(Afterall they have been claiming successes of their tribesmen/women).

Oh! Well least you have another monicker. Carry go forward poor. Isokay tongue

1 Like

Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
oduastates: Your revolution has been hijacked.
Well Wiwa Fought For Ogoni Nation.
Asari has always been a political tool. He's not different from Ateke Tom, Late Soboma George etc. He even left IYC to form his own NDPVF(With support of Politicians to Hijack the IJAW struggle for political gain).
E. K Clarke has always been playing politics with our struggle for his own interest. Shamefully, he couldn't press for Resource Control during the Sham of a Conference. Tompolo is in the same class as Asari.

Jomo Gbomo/Okah led MEND are the ones you should focus on. They Rejected Amnesty Program of FG

But the Struggle won't die... Patriotic Ijaw Leaders are rising

6 Likes

Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
BluIvy:
wink tongue

What did you do? Why were you banned? I get confused sometimes i see people who are atleast very crude and heartless but they don't get banned?
Selective judgement. There's one threatening people with death. Seu.n is not incharge of Nl. You see insults flying
Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by atlwireles: 2:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
[s]
whatlyf: Well Wiwa Fought For Ogoni Nation.
Asari has always been a political tool. He's not different from Ateke Tom, Late Soboma George etc. He even left IYC to form his own NDPVF(With support of Politicians to Hijack the IJAW struggle for political gain).
E. K Clarke has always been playing politics with our struggle for his own interest. Shamefully, he couldn't press for Resource Control during the Sham of a Conference. Tompolo is in the same class as Asari.

Jomo Gbomo, and MEND are the ones you should focus on.

[/s]
Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Brimmie(m): 2:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
Brimmie:
Wetin happen na?
Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
whatlyf: Selective judgement. There's one threatening people with death. Seu.n is not incharge of Nl. You see insults flying
Exactly! And the poor lady Berem has been threatened to a point of no return but nothing happens to her assaulters. Anyways
Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
whatlyf: Well Wiwa Fought For Ogoni Nation.

Jomo Gbomo/Okah led MEND are the ones you should focus on. They Rejected Amnesty Program of FG

Aluta Continua!
Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
BluIvy:
Exactly! And the poor lady Berem has been threatened to a point of no return but nothing happens to her assaulters. Anyways
I pity Berem, Cleverly, Obiagelli and co. If not for shallow thinking, I don't see any reason for one to deny his OWN sibling just because of different political standing. It's a Big shame and they dnt know the effect on their people.

1 Like

Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
BluIvy:
they keep mentioning my name even when I have no business commenting on the thread. Nairalanders eh.... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Sloan: 3:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
BluIvy: That's a lie from the pit of hell !
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ps. The monicker and person/character in the name of Bluivy is protected bathed in the blood of Jesus Christ which is a shield and bounces every insult, curse back to the sender in million multiples. So please go ahead! cool

You looneys cannot get the South West out of your mouth and life! Whatever amadioha or whatever cursed you with must surely ruin you! Why mention the West in this your useless post? South Shit and South East can not leave the South West lands and their people alone for 1 sec, why are we in the same country with these jealous pull him down people?

I really detest elebelechukwudi jonabokoharam dumbluck for many reasons but one of the worst is that he has not moved quickly to restructure this country! Yes, I know Jona does not have the balls to convene and apply a SNC to Nigeria but at least, he can bring back the next best thing, which is Regional Autonomy! Regional autonomy would tremendously improve the economic fortunes of Nigeria, kill BH immediately because the people who can kill BH because they know everything Shekau knows would be able to do that! It would be a case of them putting down the killer before he kills them and their children, all without much stress from other parts of Nigeria who know little about the terrain or the kind of ideologies these people have been infested with. The SS can take their oil for goodness sakes and sell it and make money and keep themselves at home, whoever needs to go to another region will need to be 1. Wanted 2. Has a valuable skill he / she can offer! Yes, they can choose to sell their oil internationally perhaps with the help of a standard body set up by the FG, etc. They will sell also to local refineries that will sell at locally competitive prices. The problem of militancy is again solved immediately because now the government of that region and their states know that most of the money is coming to them anyway (minus taxes, and a benchmark of fees to be paid as a flat rate to sustain the nation just like all other regions would do).

The Ibos can also do whatever they want with their oil and resources and stay in their land. If you want to live in another region, you must have a reason to be there, not for criminality or rent seeking. Again, this solves the problem of MASSOB, kidnappers, fake druggers, ritual killers, baby factories, terrorism, etc because Ibos know best who are Ibo criminals and they know that if the cancer festers, it will kill them in their own land! Yes, they can go to live in another region but the regions now set residency rules, and just like going to America, you just cannot go there and be sleeping on the ground: you must have something that you are doing there! Of course, if a region sees another man from another region who has something to offer like special skills, music, education, etc; it will make no sense for him not to get full residency rights.

The problems of the north will also be contained and the north could be divided into 3 (West, Central, East) and if any of those does not put down terrorism and religious extremism they know they will surely be killed by their own children and people! No investment will go there! No jobs! No doctors, no nurses, no good life, no freedom! If the East is crazy, the Central knows that they do not want their lives to be ruined so they would keep out the N. Easterners who are bent on destroying themselves. Same goes for the North West.

In the South West, Yorubas know better than any other how to Police themselves. They understand the language and culture, they know if a thief is from another region, even though he has learned our language! Leaders are close enough to their followers and a failing leader will not win the next election but may actually get a visit of the people in his house who are coming to put him to flight or death, so he must perform quickly! All the resources in the SW be it human resources, technology, oil, gold, agriculture, etc must be made to count immediately because the FG is waiting for its taxes at the end of the month + royalties, and any region that does not pay will be owing those royalties and benchmark taxes and accumulating interest. If a region owes so much, then a law must be passed by the supreme court (for example), that allows the FG to appropriate the resources of the region + costs until all they owe is paid. That way, the FG is not cheated too and can continue to carry out its functions.

The FG must be a very lean and mean governing machine where it gets maybe 6 representatives from each region but those representatives must be paid exactly the same amount of money BY THEIR REGION! They can elect a leader of government that must be the best among them. These are simple and easy things that can be done within 4 - 8 years but JonaBokoHaram is busy stealing money and protecting criminals. One day he will be out of power, will the SS cry marginalization then? Will they cry for regionalism then? This is the same mistake Ironsi made, he instituted unitary government, which now makes Nigeria run virtually as a unitary state, even in our democracy! Instead of him to have created equal opportunities for every region so that no part of the country can be so dominant, he did not. After he was killed and till today, Ibos are still crying to be president, which they would never have cared about if Regionalism had been more promoted and unitarianism demoted. GEJ and Ijaws might cry hard soon after missing a chance to restructure this country and give themselves a breathing space. Now they are enjoying everything in Nigeria, even that which belongs to others and they are happy. Someday, other people will enjoy what belongs to you and you will have to shut up and cry in vain! angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
[size=58pt] GEJ
TILL

2019 cheesy [/size]

1 Like

Re: Open MEMO To Ijaws: How Soon We Forget The Kaima Declaration by oilykid(m): 3:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
^^^^sloan,that lady you just quoted is not from SE.get your infos right before typing those your long epistles

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Inaugurates Ovia’s $1.5bn Petrochemical Plant / (DISTURBING PHOTOS) – Shooting In Unilag / For Igbos: Can You Write Any Sentence From Nnamdi Kanu's Broadcast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.