Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes (32317 Views)

Not Again!!! Two Planes Collide At Lagos International Airport Ikeja / PHOTOS: The Most Expensive And Sophisticated House Ever Built In Nigeria / 10 Most Precious Gemstones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by basty: 2:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
Gbam
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by Youpele52: 2:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
See where blackberry is more powerful than iPhone and android smartphones

www.nairaland.com/1835447/blackberry-ltd-only-brand-meets
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by Danhumprey: 2:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
ZACHIE: Jona wanted to spend $1b to fight Boko.
Against the B 2 Spirit,that amount is deposit for tires and exhaust pipes.

Chai...we poor no be small
gringringringrin
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by manny4life(m): 2:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
With a $500 billion and more in defense budget, there is no wonder the U.S. has the most expensive piece of junk. angry

These are taxpayers monies that could feed tens of thousands if not hundreds of them. You spend $1billion on a piece of metal, meanwhile, students are in debt of $35,000 on their loan. $1billion can build two regional hospital and fund healthcare for millions of consumers... The U.S. is synonymous with WASTE.

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 30, 2014
Descartes: Can we get one for Naija Military

Let's see....F22 raptor....$328million

Cost(in naira)...54 BILLION NAIRA

Cost of ten of them ..............540BN NAIRA.

Defense budget for 2014.......970BN naira

You do the math( and we have not yet talked about maintenance costs plus maintenance facilities)

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by TopsyKrete: 2:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
Ehn ehn
You neva see anything.
What happened to Love your neighbour as yourselve and Love your Enemy...

Do they love dia enemy so much that they built killer aircraft for them?

BTW, who gave them this knowledge?

I knw some ppl will tell me that the answer is Ibeere

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by Descartes: 2:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Let's see....F22 raptor....$328million

Cost(in naira)...54 BILLION NAIRA

Cost of ten of them ..............540BN NAIRA.

Defense budget for 2014.......970BN naira

You do the math( and we have not yet talked about maintenance costs plus maintenance facilities)
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
Danhumprey: If only all those money that were looted and are still being looted by our corrupt politicians,had been directed to the purchase of military equipment like this,it would have help in crushing the Boko Haram insurgents long before they had the gut to kidnap those girls.

And the cost of ten of the F22 raptors,plus one B2 stealth bomber will wipe out our defence budget in minutes....we will have no cash for looting, or even salaries.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
Did I see $2.4bn for one aircraft and they have 21 pieces of it ?

Diariz god oo.
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by Danhumprey: 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
bushdoc9919:

And the cost of ten of the F22 raptors,plus one B2 stealth bomber will wipe out our defence budget in minutes....we will have no cash for looting, or even salaries.
That's even better than having to constantly,daily contend with a faceless monster/terrorist organisation. To me,that's a small sacrifice to make to protect the territorial integrity and sovereignty of this nation!
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
All will become scrap metal once they come in contact with Buk missile, let alone S-400 missile. By the way, most of those price tag are inflated, and the planes are yet to meet any significant challenge.
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
donedy: All will become scrap metal once they come in contact with Buk missile, let alone S-400 missile. By the way, most of those price tag are inflated, and the planes are yet to meet any significant challenge.

B2 stealth bomber (the first plane) saw action in Serbia and in Iraq(Gulf war 2).
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by popson1st: 2:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
Shekau has all these at his disposal.
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by DaBullIT(m): 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
If your country is powerful , regardless of how you got your power some nations will be out to get you , besides those aircrafts and the costs are deterrents to would be enemies , those crafts are not used to provoke , rather they are used to keep the peace ,

Abacha's money would have bought at least 2 hawks and would have created not less then 50k jobs for Nigerians

$20Bil NNPC missing funds would buy at least 5 B2 stealth bombers creating jobs making Nigeria indeed a giant in Africa

MG rover group was sold to Nanjing Automobile group for less than £100M still pocket change in Nigeria's treasury , buying that would have created tens of thousands of people .

Not to digress , my personal favorite is B2 stealth bomber. I like technology but hate the way our leaders embezzle with impunity funds that would improve the life of Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
bushdoc9919:

B2 stealth bomber (the first plane) saw action in Serbia and in Iraq(Gulf war 2).

Please explain to us its level of engagement. I know it took part in both wars, but to what extent. The plane was design to be stealthy, but you hardly see them participate in active role like F-15. Instead, they drop bomb from a high altitude and go away.

By the way, I based my claim on the fact that they haven't come in contact with any known advanced missile system like the Buk, S-300,S-400. Until then, I rest my case.
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
Ok. I Don Hear.

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by authority2006(m): 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
Just imagine what the "missing" $20 billion could do. Oh! No money is missing, I just remember.
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by Lantean(m): 2:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
Ahuitzotl: Where is the wisdom buildin such expensive hardware when they can be shoot down by SAM sites which cost less than 1/10 to set up....Except they come with Standard ECM...

Com'on. You don't think they woulda factored all manners of enemy weaponry into their designs.
I doubt those aircrafts have standard ecms... talk about Advanced Electronic Counter Measures.

However, each of them is built for a different role. The B2 Spirit was designed to be a bomber only. It doesn’t need to hug terrain to deliver its package.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by kobonaire(m): 2:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
I don't think you need a B2 to fight Boko. Believe me the $1B, if well spent, will be sufficient to blow Shekau's âss (and his comrades, sponsors, loyalists, sympathizers) off the face of planet earth.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
Olucheye: Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.

Except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

Nevertheless, kudos to the brains that came up with this innovation!
and I triumph in the name of the lord against all Bombers grin
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by Ahuitzotl: 2:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
Lantean:

Com'on. You don't think they woulda factored all manners of enemy weaponry into their designs.
I doubt those aircrafts have standard ecms... talk about Advanced Electronic Counter Measures.

However, each of them is built for a different role. The B2 Spirit was designed to be a bomber only. It doesn’t need to hug terrain to deliver its package.
So as most SAMs can reach altitudes of up to 10km and range of 20km, there isnt any need to sight the enemy before launching.Either way,aircrafts these days are very vulnerable to guided surface fire, especially high altitude long range projectiles.I foresee the next air war to be on a juncture as to who deploys the most advanced SAM batteries....Not the most expensive Aircrafts.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by sarutobie(m): 2:48pm On Jul 30, 2014

before nko? na why I dey laugh people wey dey shout say naija get money.
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by VPG: 2:53pm On Jul 30, 2014
Where is F35?

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by lorRhyMeZ: 2:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
seankafor: whats on my mind now is when d hell will naija reach this level? although if she reaches this level by then more and more advanced ones will come out ..by then we will be lagging behind thoo..

What should b on ur mind is do we need any of these to become a developed economy? All the planes featured here are all owned by the U.S...Countries like switzerland n belgium,infact top ten most developed nation don't have any of these..what we should aim for is how we can develop all facet of the nigerian economy instead gathering war gears...then keep america or russia as an alley incase of war..at least they r good in dat aspect..

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by VPG: 2:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
F35 is the most expensive jet at the moment.
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by Lobolintin(m): 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
Stealth is what that gej $1billion. Should go for
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by Psylas(m): 3:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
I love that B-2 spirit, it's sexy die
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by ZeusAyo: 3:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
DaBullIT: If your country is powerful , regardless of how you got your power some nations will be out to get you , besides those aircrafts and the costs are deterrents to would be enemies , those crafts are not used to provoke , rather they are used to keep the peace ,

Abacha's money would have bought at least 2 hawks and would have created not less then 50k jobs for Nigerians

$20Bil NNPC missing funds would buy at least 5 B2 stealth bombers creating jobs making Nigeria indeed a giant in Africa

and who would sell the B2 spirit to you undecided undecided the USA grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by BotherMleeper(m): 3:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
Where is the F 35 lightning 2?
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by MadCow1: 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II

&

Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor
Re: Top 10 Most Expensive Military Planes by gebest: 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
Ceasar1: Upgrading weapons to kill thousands of Humans? undecided
- Vanity!
bros it is not vanity, if them use am for boko boys u no go like am?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. / Amazing Facts Of Life You Should Read! / What Is That Thing That Everybody Is Doing That You Consider Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.