Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? (24921 Views)

.... / Age Difference Sure Matters In 'Will You Marry Me?' / Is It Ok To Sleep With Ur Partner In Courtship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by sunnshyn(f): 4:39pm On Oct 18, 2012
Enough said already..!

Life's tough, please don't make it any tougher on yourselves & kids in the future!

Wisdom is Profitable to direct...

Don't be blinded by love..

Do what's right...

Be happy!

In the end.....

its your life anyways!!

6 Likes

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by 234GT(m): 4:42pm On Oct 18, 2012
goofie:

for my friend, she practically asks d guy on d first day before she starts falling in love
It is really important. In these times of economic recession, it wont be cool spending money on something that could have been prevented. And the agony the parents and kids go through is not worth it.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by kennytidistar(m): 4:45pm On Oct 18, 2012
AA - SS = AS

AS - SS = AS, SS, SS, SS,

AA - AS = AA, AA, AA, AS

AA - AA = AA, AA, AA, AA
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Ewabeads(f): 4:45pm On Oct 18, 2012
​it matters alot my sister..AS + AS =SS...Am AS left my Ex cos he's also,we both made up our mind to let go cos we don't want to bring any child into dis world to come and suffer,​it wasn't easy but we jst had to..
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by GCRS87: 4:46pm On Oct 18, 2012
Its important for partners to know their Genotype bfo goin into relationshp, if nt it would end up been waste of tym. As or me, ama AA can go wt any lady.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by safarigirl(f): 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2012
I wouldn't like to risk the whole falling in love thing and then having to let go once a hitch appears...I can't date anyone without knowing their genotype, I ALWAYS ask to avoid 'had I known"
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 18, 2012
Mgbejume: My dear it does matter oh! My cousin was engaged to this guy, they dated for four years but when they were ready for marriage they went for their genotype test and both of them were AS,AS. They had to break up, u ll only bring children to this world that will suffer. Someone said it's better to live with an Aids patient than to live with a child that is an SS  embarassed
na wa o, see stigmatising. Smh
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by passionate88: 4:54pm On Oct 18, 2012
okpara ugo: English really matters.
RAPIST
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by cutilious: 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2012
i had to b reak up with ma boyfriend just because of genotype issues, it was the saddest thing that ever happened to me cry
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by pwettytemmy(f): 5:00pm On Oct 18, 2012
Its very important my dear, I gave up d guy I love most because of thi genotype issues. It wasn't easy at first bt we've both moved on n looking back now, I don't regret it one bit. D̶̲̅ risk isn't worth taking cos wen d children start coming in n there is crises, d love alone will not be able to settle it.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by hollypagan: 5:00pm On Oct 18, 2012
Rolly83: Pls i would like to know,what if i'm AA and she is SS can one get married(Doctors in the house pls respond).
come to my clinic and pay nothing is free
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by tobtap: 5:01pm On Oct 18, 2012
it matter alot to know each other genotype,but from most AS-AS marriage dat i know of....the result is as follow
first child-AA
second child-AS
third child- AS
fourth child-SS
so judging by dis,it ok if u wont have more than two kids.....just my own opinion
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Harpesin(m): 5:04pm On Oct 18, 2012
As for me i never believe in such report i belief in God's report....I wonder why some Christians/churches left their faith and belief in doctor's report....Such churches should not be preaching about faith in their church......I married my wife without asking what her genotype or blood group was, we dated for years and i was ok with her and i moved on with the marriage process, right now we have 2 and they are both in good condition of health. I cud remember vividly wen she started goin to maternity at general hospital, the doctor demanded for test and i asked her to go for it, they did all sort of test and came out with d result and they said her genotype is AC...i laff so tey grin grin grin cos have not heard such before, wen i got employed in a company they asked me to submit mine i told dem its PDP since my wife is AC..... grin grin grin grin on a serious note those who belive should go ahead but as for me i never believe in such cos such has not been found in my linage and if i date a lady for 2years and ascertain the nature of her health, i shd be able to decide on what to do..... Am sure u will see CPC blood group member rolling their mouth ova dis ..... I think doctor should go on more research on this blood group / genotype to ascertain the causes....My bible did not talk about such...He only told me I am wonderfully n fearfully made...............hav said my mind shikena!

1 Like

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Beync(f): 5:07pm On Oct 18, 2012
op u r talking about marriage self, before u go into any relationship ask so that u won't have any heart break after u must have gone far and letter discover that your genotyp do not match.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ACM10: 5:09pm On Oct 18, 2012
tobtap: it matter alot to know each other genotype,but from most AS-AS marriage dat i know of....the result is as follow
first child-AA
second child-AS
third child- AS
fourth child-SS
so judging by dis,it ok if u wont have more than two kids.....just my own opinion
Everyone should ignore this advice pls.

7 Likes

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ACM10: 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2012
Harpesin: As for me i never believe in such report i belief in God's report....I wonder why some Christians/churches left their faith and belief in doctor's report....Such churches should not be preaching about faith in their church......I married my wife without asking what her genotype or blood group was, we dated for years and i was ok with her and i moved on with the marriage process, right now we have 2 and they are both in good condition of health. I cud remember vividly wen she started goin to maternity at general hospital, the doctor demanded for test and i asked her to go for it, they did all sort of test and came out with d result and they said her genotype is AC...i laff so tey grin grin grin cos have not heard such before, wen i got employed in a company they asked me to submit mine i told dem its PDP since my wife is AC..... grin grin grin grin on a serious note those who belive should go ahead but as for me i never believe in such cos such has not been found in my linage and if i date a lady for 2years and ascertain the nature of her health, i shd be able to decide on what to do..... Am sure u will see CPC blood group member rolling their mouth ova dis ..... I think doctor should go on more research on this blood group / genotype to ascertain the causes....My bible did not talk about such...He only told me I am wonderfully n fearfully made...............hav said my mind shikena!
Can you be serious for once? undecided
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Harpesin(m): 5:28pm On Oct 18, 2012
ACM10:
Can you be serious for once? undecided

Hardcore truth........try to confirm this on your own,go to your villa and count how many homes have SS patient compare to cities.... I stayed in the village for over 10years b4 coming to Lagos to hussle, all my years in the villa i only know of a boi wen i was in primary school who happened to be SS after that till i left that villa i did not see such again....this genotype of a thing does not exist or common in the villa, you see whom you love and you go ahead with the processing ....though i met mine in Lagos.....this SS of a thing is common with rich and its only God that knows while....Local herbs and roots will automatically turn the child to AA in the villa but in the city na una sabi ao una take dey gett am ooo.....I turst my brothers from Eastern part their mama go don arrange wife keep for them once they go home during xmas the next thing na to bring Chidinma to Lagos they dont consult any doctor to check for them if the genotype is dis or dat.....Am not saying its not real but not common as people are clamouring it and it has nothing to do with marriage if your faith in God is firm.......
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by nagoma(m): 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2012
Sealeddeal: To some extent.its not advisable but one can still go on.its not a 'must' for AS-AS to bear SS child

Please don't try it. It's an issue of chance . One in 4 children of AS - AS parents will be SS. But you may very well end up with 4 sicklers. You must prevent even one from happening, it is such a pain .

2 Likes

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2012
Rolly83: Pls i would like to know,what if i'm AA and she is SS can one get married(Doctors in the house pls respond).
. . . then i pray she survives childbirth.

1 Like

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 18, 2012
Mgbejume: . Someone said it's better to live with an Aids patient than to live with a child that is an SS  embarassed
This comparison is derogatory and uncalled for you have made point.
Let's stop stigmatising please
#just saying#
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by whitedove1: 5:34pm On Oct 18, 2012
To be honest love is jst not enough oo! Cos by the time the kids start falling ill, all ur is being spent on medical bills, the sleeps nights, the tension, the fears etc...hmmm...by the time u look at ur partner u ll begin to wonder the kind of love that brought u guys togeda.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by WhyAWhy(m): 5:34pm On Oct 18, 2012
tobtap: it matter alot to know each other genotype,but from most AS-AS marriage dat i know of....the result is as follow
first child-AA
second child-AS
third child- AS
fourth child-SS

Extremely wrong probability. It never happens that way

1 Like

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by dammytosh: 5:35pm On Oct 18, 2012
IT MATTERS !!!!!!!!

DONT BE CARRIED AWAY WITH THAT INFATUATION , I MISS HIM SO MUCH , I LOVE HIM SCARA...

YOUR EYES GO OPEN, I HOPE IT WONT BE TOO LATE.[b][/b]
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by nurus: 5:35pm On Oct 18, 2012
Please its important.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by blogger2tooker: 5:37pm On Oct 18, 2012
GOD HAS A REASON WHY HE MADE ONE AA, ANOTHER AS AND ANOTHER SS, GODS LANGUAGE IS FAITH AND HE WANTS US ALL TO WALK WITH HIM IN FAITH AND NOT BASED ON WHAT DOCTORS SAY OR HEAD KNOWLEDGE. WE ALL CAME FROM GOD HENCE THE NEED FOR US TO DEPEND ON HIM. BUT MAN HAS ALLOWED HIMSELF TO BE BROUGHT UNDER TORTURE BY FOLLOWING THEIR OWN WAY.

IF YOU LOVE A WOMAN AND YOU SAY GENOTYPE PREVENTED YOU FROM GETTING MARRIED TO HER THEN YOU NEVER REALLY LOVED HER IN THE FIRST PLACE. tHE BIBLE SAYS "HUSBANDS LOVE YOUR WIFE AS CHRIST LOVED THE CHURCH AND DIED FOR HER" THIS MEANS LOVE IS UNCONDITIONAL. YOUR LOVE AND FAITH IN GOD PERFECTS ALL THAT YOU SEE AS WRONG. I KNOW A LADY WHOSE GENOTYPE WAS MIRACOULOSLY CHANGED FROM AS TO AA WHEN HER HUSBAND IS AS. EVERYBODY ADVICED HER AGAINST THE MARRIAGE BUT SHE WENT AHEAD. HER CHURCH HYPOCRITICALLY DEMANDED FOR THE GENOTYPE TEST AND THE RESULT AFTER MUCH PRAYER WAS AA. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT BECAUSE THIS PERSON IS MY ELDER SISTER AND I KNEW HER GENOTYPE TO BE AS FORMALLY.

TRUST GOD AND LEAVE DOCTORS AND YOUR KNOWLEDGE ALONE IN SOME MATTERS.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by WhyAWhy(m): 5:41pm On Oct 18, 2012
blogger2tooker: GOD HAS A REASON WHY HE MADE ONE AA, ANOTHER AS AND ANOTHER SS, GODS LANGUAGE IS FAITH AND HE WANTS US ALL TO WALK WITH HIM IN FAITH AND NOT BASED ON WHAT DOCTORS SAY OR HEAD KNOWLEDGE. WE ALL CAME FROM GOD HENCE THE NEED FOR US TO DEPEND ON HIM. BUT MAN HAS ALLOWED HIMSELF TO BE BROUGHT UNDER TORTURE BY FOLLOWING THEIR OWN WAY.

IF YOU LOVE A WOMAN AND YOU SAY GENOTYPE PREVENTED YOU FROM GETTING MARRIED TO HER THEN YOU NEVER REALLY LOVED HER IN THE FIRST PLACE. tHE BIBLE SAYS "HUSBANDS LOVE YOUR WIFE AS CHRIST LOVED THE CHURCH AND DIED FOR HER" THIS MEANS LOVE IS UNCONDITIONAL. YOUR LOVE AND FAITH IN GOD PERFECTS ALL THAT YOU SEE AS WRONG. I KNOW A LADY WHOSE GENOTYPE WAS MIRACOULOSLY CHANGED FROM AS TO AA WHEN HER HUSBAND IS AS. EVERYBODY ADVICED HER AGAINST THE MARRIAGE BUT SHE WENT AHEAD. HER CHURCH HYPOCRITICALLY DEMANDED FOR THE GENOTYPE TEST AND THE RESULT AFTER MUCH PRAYER WAS AA. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT BECAUSE THIS PERSON IS MY ELDER SISTER AND I KNEW HER GENOTYPE TO BE AS FORMALLY.

TRUST GOD AND LEAVE DOCTORS ALONE IN SOME MATTERS.
@bolded parts: Duh! Even my papa always thought he was AA till it was reconfirmed that he wasn't

Have you lived with an SS before? Have you seen families lose almost all their children because they're SS? Stop all this faith based stuffs. Even the bible says ".. and knowledge shall increase". God gave us ability to understand things that's why we're able to think. Don't test God abeg.

If someone invites me for a wedding and I believe both partners are AS, I will mostly not attend or say NO during Joining .. cheesy
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Harpesin(m): 5:42pm On Oct 18, 2012
blogger2tooker: GOD HAS A REASON WHY HE MADE ONE AA, ANOTHER AS AND ANOTHER SS, GODS LANGUAGE IS FAITH AND HE WANTS US ALL TO WALK WITH HIM IN FAITH AND NOT BASED ON WHAT DOCTORS SAY OR HEAD KNOWLEDGE. WE ALL CAME FROM GOD HENCE THE NEED FOR US TO DEPEND ON HIM. BUT MAN HAS ALLOWED HIMSELF TO BE BROUGHT UNDER TORTURE BY FOLLOWING THEIR OWN WAY.

TRUST GOD AND LEAVE DOCTORS AND YOUR KNOWLEDGE ALONE IN SOME MATTERS.

TELL DEM....
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 18, 2012
It does not matter if being together supersedes having your own biological children
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by blogger2tooker: 5:47pm On Oct 18, 2012
WhyAWhy:
@bolded parts: Duh! Even my papa always thought he was AA till it was reconfirmed that he wasn't

Have you lived with an SS before? Have you seen families lose almost all their children because they're SS? Stop all this faith based stuffs. Even the bible says ".. and knowledge shall increase". God gave us ability to understand things that's why we're able to think. Don't test God abeg.

If someone invites me for a wedding and I believe both partners are AS, I will mostly not attend or say NO during Joining .. cheesy

I LOST MY LAST BROTHER TO SICKLE CELL ANAEMIA HE WAS SS. BOTH MY PARENTS WERE AS HENCE ONE OF MY SISTERS BEING AN AS GENOTYPE. I AM THE ONLY AA IN MY FAMILY. DUE TO MY BROTHERS CASE MY PARENTS MADE SURE WE ALL HAD OUR GENOTYPES TAKEN. MY SISTER WAS ALSO INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT ONCE AND NEEDED A BLOOD TRANSFUSSION AND HER BLOOD WAS TESTED FOR THE SECOND TIME AND IT WAS ALSO AS. BUT AS SHE PRAYERFULLY PREPARED FOR HER WEDDING HER HOSPITAL TEST CAME UP AS AA AND HEY SHE HAS 5 KIDS NOW AND ALL ARE HALE AND HARTY WITHOUT ONE SS AMONGST THEM. YOU NEED MORE PROOF?

3 Likes

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by blogger2tooker: 5:56pm On Oct 18, 2012
WhyAWhy:

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU ARE CAPABLE OF AS A CHILD OF GOD? YOUR MIDDLE NAME SHOULD BE (NO LIMITS) AS A CHILD OF GOD. THE BIBLE SAYS "GOD CALLS THOSE THINGS THAT BE NOT AS THOUGH THEY WERE" BEGIN TO SEE YOURSELF IN THE LIGHT OF GODS WORD AND WALK IN IT AND WATCH LIMITATIONS MELT AWAY.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by sushieater: 5:56pm On Oct 18, 2012
Willzkid: It's so important that I didn't just ask, I took her to the Lab myself...
My late uncle lost 4 of his seven kids as a result , so such afflictions must not rise again...Wisdom is profitable to direct
chai!! And if your uncle was a very rich igbo man when he was alive, some ignorant peeps would say he used them for blood money..@OP hope you saw this willzkid's post
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2012
Lexusgs430: AS - AS (no) only if you are a magician
AA - AS (yes)
SS - SS (definitely no)
AA - SS (yes)

Thanks everyone for ur response to my case,i'm AA and my fiance is SS! But suprise!she looks very healthy n ok just dat she has to take her anti malaria drugs and Astimin whch contains 0% iron regularly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Temperamental Girlfriend / 7 Ways To Get Your Man To Propose Marriage To You / Do You Need To 'Test' To Trust Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.