Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? (24922 Views)

.... / Age Difference Sure Matters In 'Will You Marry Me?' / Is It Ok To Sleep With Ur Partner In Courtship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ay0201(m): 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2012
Rolly83: Pls i would like to know,what if i'm AA and she is SS can one get married(Doctors in the house pls respond).
Both parties can get married, thier offsprings would all be carriers of the s gene. Bottom line, there would still be in the family in person of either the father or mother of the home.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ACM10: 6:00pm On Oct 18, 2012
I hate it when people mix religious bullshyt with medical fact. Are we this backward?

2 Likes

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by blogger2tooker: 6:02pm On Oct 18, 2012
ACM10: I hate it when people mix religious bullshyt with medical fact. Are we this backward?

SO MEDICINE IS NOW FACT AND THE WORD OF GOD IS BULLSHYT? GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOU! A TRUE MAN OR TRUE WOMAN LIVES WITH AND IN THE WORD OF GOD. THAT IS YOUR TRUE SOURCE TO EVERYTHING. WHY DO YOU THINK THAT JESUS DECLARED " MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE BY BY EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF THE FATHER"
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Toktee(m): 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2012
Unbelievers evry where in the room,with God all things are possible,my fiancee is As nd iam As,we are getting married next month for i do not believe the report of a man but that of God almighty,to hell with superstitious believers.

3 Likes

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by gen2boi: 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2012
Has any of you ever heard of CVS? Most of you shld stop typing n0nsense. I and my partner ar both AS and we have 5 kids without any SS.

2 Likes

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by nwabobo: 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2012
@ op, it depends on ur personal convictions. If you are willing to terminate the pregnancy ie abortion, you can go ahead that is if you have the money. You can go for prenatal amniocentesis test to determine the Hb genotype of the unborn child from the 11th week of pregnancy and you can go ahead to terminate the pregnancy if it's SS. This costs 230,000 naira in Nigeria. At the end of the day, it's ur decision to make.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ACM10: 6:11pm On Oct 18, 2012
blogger2tooker:

SO MEDICINE IS NOW FACT AND THE WORD OF GOD IS BULLSHYT? GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOU! A TRUE MAN OR TRUE WOMAN LIVES WITH AND IN THE WORD OF GOD. THAT IS YOUR TRUE SOURCE TO EVERYTHING. WHY DO YOU THINK THAT JESUS DECLARED " MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE BY BY EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF THE FATHER"
. . .and why do you think that I'm a christian? Do you think that your God is superior to mine?
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Toktee(m): 6:12pm On Oct 18, 2012
ACM10: I hate it when people mix religious bullshyt with medical fact. Are we this backward?
Yes as a muslim you do not need to believe in God but muhamed and allah which iz a dead god that can not fight for himself,as 4 me i believe and have seen where genotype change,and couples with AS have four kids without any issues

1 Like

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by blogger2tooker: 6:14pm On Oct 18, 2012
ACM10:
. . .and why do you think that I'm a christian? Do you think that your God is superior to mine?

WELL I BELIEVE THAT MY KNOWLEDGE OF GOD IS SUPERIOR TO YOURS SINCE I DO NOT KNOW IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN OR NOT, I WOULD RATHER DEAL WITH YOU ON THE LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE. THE BIBLE DECLARES THAT "MY PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE" NOTE: THIS IS NOT LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF THE WISDOM OF MEN BUT RATHER OF GODS WORD AND YOUR POSITION IN GOD.

HOWEVER IF YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN THEN YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON A LOT. I INVITE YOU TO COME HAVE A TASTE AND SEE HOW GOOD GOD IS. smiley

1 Like

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Toktee(m): 6:14pm On Oct 18, 2012
gen2boi: Has any of you ever heard of CVS? Most of you shld stop typing n0nsense. I and my partner ar both AS and we have 5 kids without any SS.
Thank you bross,my own wedding iz coming up next month
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ACM10: 6:16pm On Oct 18, 2012
gen2boi: Has any of you ever heard of CVS? Most of you shld stop typing n0nsense. I and my partner ar both AS and we have 5 kids without any SS.
If Chorionic Villous Sampling(CVS) reveals that the foetal genotype is SS, what are u gonna do? Abort the baby?
Maybe you should lecture us on how CVS will prevent couples from having a sickler baby apart from abortion.

3 Likes

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by nwabobo: 6:18pm On Oct 18, 2012

It's not everybody that can abort a foetus and the average Nigerian can not afford CVS.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ay0201(m): 6:18pm On Oct 18, 2012
ammamat: please is it really true that if u are As and your fiance is AS both of u can not get maaried?, is it really important or dose it really matter at all?
What can you say about this?
And what is your Genotype?
I would not want to test God in anyway, please do not ignore knowing your compartibility before marriage. From my experience as a haematologist, i know pain and financial agony that ss patients and thier relatives pass through. Sincerely, its not worth it. I believe God gave doctors and other health workers the knowledge so as to help the world avoid unnecessary hardship that can be avoided in the first place. I would only advice that we choose wisely.

1 Like

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ACM10: 6:19pm On Oct 18, 2012
Toktee: Yes as a muslim you do not need to believe in God but muhamed and allah which iz a dead god that can not fight for himself,as 4 me i believe and have seen where genotype change,and couples with AS have four kids without any issues
You've seen nada! Stop introducing virus to our knowledge database. You are passively misinforming as well as miseducating people.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Toktee(m): 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2012
I will like to have your contact please
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ACM10: 6:25pm On Oct 18, 2012
To Christian religious jingoists in the house. Do you consider Catholic church stvpid for insisting on accurate genotyping as a prerequisite for solemnization of a union? I guess that you folks are the ones stupid. Your God will condemn you to eternal damnation for failing to do what is necessary. Thereby subjecting a soul to undue suffering and hardship on earth.

1 Like

Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Toktee(m): 6:25pm On Oct 18, 2012
ACM10:
You've seen nada! Stop introducing virus to our knowledge database. You are passively misinforming as well as miseducating people.
Do not generalise but personalise issue here,dont say he is introducing virus to our knwledge,say to your knowledge cos you are blind,try locate your way please,you arf still living in the past my brother
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by blogger2tooker: 6:30pm On Oct 18, 2012
ACM10: To Christian religious jingoists in the house. Do you consider Catholic church stvpid for insisting on accurate genotyping as a prerequisite for solemnization of a union? I guess that you folks are the ones stupid. Your God will condemn you to eternal damnation for failing to do what is necessary. Thereby subjecting a soul to undue suffering and hardship on earth.

DUDE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS NOT GOD! THE CATHOLIC CHURCH DID NOT DIE AND RESSURRECT FOR ME! THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS NOT MY TICKET TO GOD. THE WORD OF GOD IS!! HALLELLUIAH!!!

PSALM 82 V: 5-7 DECLARES " THEY KNOW NOT NEITHER DO THEY UNDERSTAND, THEY WALK ON IN DARKNESS, ALL THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE EARTH ARE OUT OF COURSE.
I HAVE SAID, YOU ARE GODS AND ALL OF YOU ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE MOST HIGH , BUT YOU SHALL DIE LIKE MEN AND FAL LIKE ONE OF THE PRINCES"

GET KNOWLEDGE MY BROTHER... KNOWLEDGE IN GOD. YOU ARE MORE THAN WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Toktee(m): 6:32pm On Oct 18, 2012
ACM10: To Christian religious jingoists in the house. Do you consider Catholic church stvpid for insisting on accurate genotyping as a prerequisite for solemnization of a union? I guess that you folks are the ones stupid. Your God will condemn you to eternal damnation for failing to do what is necessary. Thereby subjecting a soul to undue suffering and hardship on earth.
God iz not the God of confustion,i know that you are an unbeliever but i plead with you to repent
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by fizeul(m): 6:32pm On Oct 18, 2012
hmmm.. Someone mentioned that CVS thing.. First.. Its expensive.. Then again.. Its trail and error.. Killng babies as fast as you make them.. Then another person said God is in control.. Yeah sure .. He is.. I'm sure even God will wonder why you put ur comfort and happiness in the line. You ignorned the logical way out, only to wait for a miracle.. Hmmm.. O ga o.. I just hope you dont wait longer than your wellbeing can bear.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by blogger2tooker: 6:33pm On Oct 18, 2012

BROTHER IF YOU WANT TO DO MENOTYPE, GENOTYPE, BLOODOTYPE, MEGATYPE BEFORE GETTING MARRIED PLS FEEL FREE AND GO ON AHEAD. THEY DO SAY THAT IGNORANCE IS BLISSFUL TO THE IGNORANT.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by clip: 6:36pm On Oct 18, 2012
So of the streets we go through are not necessary. Simple test can help a lot .
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Enigift: 6:38pm On Oct 18, 2012
My neighbour n her husband r both AS and the what to go for prenatal genotype screening.pls were in nageria can this be done and at what cost
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ACM10: 6:45pm On Oct 18, 2012
blogger2tooker:

WELL I BELIEVE THAT MY KNOWLEDGE OF GOD IS SUPERIOR TO YOURS
Buzz off with your superiority complex. You don't even study your bible.

SINCE I DO NOT KNOW IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN OR NOT, I WOULD RATHER DEAL WITH YOU ON THE LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE.
Knowledge you lacks

THE BIBLE DECLARES THAT "MY PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE" NOTE: THIS IS NOT LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF THE WISDOM OF MEN BUT RATHER OF GODS WORD AND YOUR POSITION IN GOD.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of
knowledge; fools despise wisdom and
instruction(Proverbs 1:7)

My people are destroyed for lack of
knowledge; because you have rejected
knowledge(Hosea 4:6)

For the lips of a priest should guard
knowledge, and people should seek
instruction from his mouth, for he is the
messenger of the Lord of hosts(Malachi 2:7)

HOWEVER IF YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN THEN YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON A LOT. I INVITE YOU TO COME HAVE A TASTE AND SEE HOW GOOD GOD IS. smiley

Why should you advise someone to ignore sound medical advice and blindly follow christian faith?
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Kassidy90(m): 6:50pm On Oct 18, 2012
AS + AS = NO
AS + AA = YES
AA + AA = YES
AC + AS = NO
AC + AC = NO
AC + AA = YES
AA + SS = YES
AS + SS = NO
AC + SS = NO

use ur brain nt ur heart..... Me talk my own ooo
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ACM10: 6:50pm On Oct 18, 2012
Toktee: God iz not the God of confustion,i know that you are an unbeliever but i plead with you to repent
Then why are there so many inconsistencies in the bible?
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by mimiejacobz(f): 6:52pm On Oct 18, 2012
yes it does,wht if it leads 2 d alter den u end up regrettn
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by larrymoore(m): 6:57pm On Oct 18, 2012
Wella
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Enigift: 7:00pm On Oct 18, 2012
Pls can somebody answer my question pls
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ask1509(m): 7:23pm On Oct 18, 2012
ACM10:
My genotype is AA, so I'm not limited in my choice. Though I will prefer someone with AA genotype since I wouldn't want my kids to be restricted in their choice.
you need to change the mentality i quoted above.
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by ask1509(m): 7:24pm On Oct 18, 2012
lipsrsealed
Re: Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? by Enigift: 7:36pm On Oct 18, 2012
gen2boi plsease I need your contact.pls my neighbour is desperate pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Temperamental Girlfriend / 7 Ways To Get Your Man To Propose Marriage To You / Do You Need To 'Test' To Trust Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.