Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,998 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? (31044 Views)

Why / Why Are Nigerians And Ghanians Rivals / Why Are Nigerians So Annoying On Facebook? This Is Getting Ridiculous. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Lucasbalo(m): 9:53pm On Aug 10, 2014
tonychristopher:

Nigerian are not just fun loving people we are complacent and we hate adventurism ...we sacrifice a lot on the alter of mediocrity and tribalism

the fuel subsidy was messed up due to labour leaders sell out and this is one thing about us ...we look at tribal sentiments

the other day I was in Lagos one niger delta man was suggesting that since our leaders have failed us from different tribes that nigeria should try an Igbo man but one man from all these tribes said why should they try an Igbo man ..I ask him to give him a reason he couldn't ..that's African for you

now look at how foreigners are feeling the fun and making so much money from our economy

look at dstv they reap billion and then Nigerian allow Hitv to die due to tribal stupidity

look at hero a company going well and NBL will stop the emergence of the beerr in Lagos ..the company is a Dutch own firm

look at nitel look at aviation

the bottom line is that its a black man problem not a Nigerian issue . the black man loves pulling others down

look at innoson some will call his cars fake instead of supporting him they will buy a tokubo. we can't advance with this mindset

just go to offices and see a pull him down mentality just because some staff is performing and possibly form a different tribes then others will gang up against him

just sheer jealousy and envy. tell me why a man of 50something years will embezzle money to the tune of billions ..for Christ sake doesn't need such a huge money

so help us lord
God bless you for that. You hit a grand slam with your comments.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 9:54pm On Aug 10, 2014
Intellectual laziness is baffling 9ja

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by gebest: 9:54pm On Aug 10, 2014
U 4got to add GO AND DIE, NA ONLY U WAKA COM, THERE IS GOD O, AMERICA WILL KNOW etc infact nigerians are really unserious.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Richy4(m): 9:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
OP, can you really cope with a serious life. do you really know what living a serious life style mean?

Do You know that there is no mins no sec. that I do not miss my beloved country to some extend....

please the lifestyle you are vying for is boring. do not make me give you an example please.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
uplawal: Nigerians are funny people and depression free but when you cross to the west,you hardly see anyone without depression
and ironic that they have a better life expectancy rate than you the happy ones.....stop deluding yourself...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by tonychristopher: 9:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
Lucasbalo: God bless you for that. You hit a grand slam with your comments.

that's the way I see it
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
tonychristopher:
just take a look at our TV station every youth wants to be either davido or whizkid nobody wants to be a scientist

you get to see companies endorsing these musicians in millions and non is endorsing research and devrlopement . schools are busy on strikes lecturers are busy selling handouts and sleeping with small girls non want yo research

we are dancing our future away
the foreign firms are making huge profits from us while we are busy dancing and seeking for investors

I just hate this place to be honest

Honestly, it's not even about the bold but there's a place and time for everything. Even most of the scientists and leaders today in first world countries had fun growing up, and a lot of them did indulge in all kinds of vices. Go to top unis around the world and you'll be shocked, with the amount of pots and booze the top students(the future scientists and leaders) indulge in. However, the only difference is that: when it's time to get serious, they do so effortlessly. As for Africans(including Nigerians) we're innately not just the serious type and we're also very insensitive as long as it doesn't affect us directly. And also very selfish as well. We prefer hand-outs rather than working hard to achieve greatness Most times we dream big, and expect hope based on faith to see us through. And even when we work hard(probably once in a blue moon), we don't work smart.

I got back on twitter recently and I decided to follow a few Nigerians that I've seen around while doing certain scholarships on the internet. And more time, these folks just post idi.otic memes all over my timeline retweeting tripe. And when they're not doing that, it's about e-activism protesting all over twitter, despite living in the country. Trust me, these folks are not serious and it's more or less a vicious cycle of perpetual intellectual clowns with huge noses like pinocchio.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by omoadeleye(m): 9:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
my brother you see when life knock you down, just stand up face it with your middle finger pointing to him, and tell him that he hit like a shit, so you have to stand up package yourself, head up, fake laugh and move on, not all circumstances you had to way your self down in deep thought, if you don't stop being unhappy now you will just die a pain full death. so all about this Ebola joke has been warming some people mind like me not to worry, so let's die being happy or you die as a sadistic
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Lucasbalo(m): 10:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
tonychristopher:

that's the way I see it
You are so on point. That's a+ in my book.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by dammieight(m): 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2014
As if u n0 dhey laf t0 d j0ke

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by anonimi: 10:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
Feraz: Education?? This same education that made our graduates believe that Ebola has a particular time frame of operation; that believed Ebola ended operation at 5am; that made people take to social media to write about salt and water solution and its potency in the prevention of Ebola instead of looking up articles online to verify?

So do you suggest there should be NO education or do you prefer we work on the QUALITY while ensuring all children are educated
What is your preference?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by tonychristopher: 10:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
ghananotnaija: SMH for Nigeria. Useless country. Useless people.

we are even better ghana is worst a disgrace ...with their taxi driving mentality
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Barywhyte(m): 10:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
patrickmuf: OP, same question lingered on my mind some time ago till i had to question my dad during the protest in Egypt, why Nigerians couldn't do same...He's reply was that Moubarak ruled Egypt for almost 30+ years and all it took was just a moment he never envisaged and boom he was out...Relating his response to our plight in Nigeria, i think one day the masses will shock the political elites holding us back...
Shocking to see members of state and federal house, chairmen, governors, ministers, president, special advisers and so on driving the best cars, living in the best houses, taking trips abroad for every itch, sending their children to the best schools etc at the expense of the greater populace. This trash has gotta stop, i must live to see the Nigeria of my dreams.

I really do not see that happening. Nothing wrong with being optimistic though. Nigeria citizens are too laid-back and the only thing they spend their heads thinking about is money and living extravagance lifestyle. A Nigeria with an average monthly pay will not participate in protest against bad leadership. He is ok and there is no need to risk his precious life over protest

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by ghananotnaija(m): 10:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
tonychristopher:

we are even better ghana is worst a disgrace ...with their taxi driving mentality

Says someone who never even left his own state, talkless of visiting Ghana. I grew up in Ghana and live in Nigeria. So I know what I'm talking about.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by JEITO: 10:08pm On Aug 10, 2014
Na wa for u o@OP
Shey u wan make we kill weself like dem arabians do?

Wahala 1st dey, u con want make we trowe our only consolation-our happiness join!

U be bad-belle ne?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
omoadeleye: my brother you see when life knock you down, just stand up face it with your middle finger pointing to him, and tell him that he hit like a shit, so you have to stand up package yourself, head up, fake laugh and move on, not all circumstances you had to way your self down in deep thought, if you don't stop being unhappy now you will just die a pain full death. so all about this Ebola joke has been warming some people mind like me not to worry, so let's die being happy or you die as a sadistic

Basically,what you have said can be summed up as "E Go Better"

Well,its that saying that our great grand parents started with and passed on to our grand parents then passed on to our parents and has been passed on to the kids and hopefully,it will not be passed on to our kids ...How long do we as a people want to keep deceiving ourselves by living in an illusion?why are we smiling when we are hurting?why are we dancing when we are hungry and why are we singing when our voices cant be heard?..you see,we all know why,we would rather sit on our lazy behinds and run to the pastor and alpha and ask them to speak to God on our behalf because we are too lazy to even do that....we are quick to blame others for our misfortune and quick to run to those same people for hand-outs because we have no shame and have no urge to plan our future hence our perpetual dependence on others to give us what can be ours and should have been ours if we had our heads screwed on right....

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Olusanya333(m): 10:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
Comparing urself to sm1 is an Insult on ur personality.Wetyn go happen if a dog tried to behave like a Lion in front of Tiger?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by omicron(m): 10:10pm On Aug 10, 2014
Abeg Mods change the title of topic to something...not sth that suggests that it's already a fact that Nigerians are unserious. You aint doing our image any better.

At least ask '' Why Are Nigerians Seemingly Unserious''

They are two different questions altogether.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 10, 2014
@ Op,Lemme just tell you the reason.
Like it or Leave it,na the truth i talk.
When you live in Hell,nothing can scare or bother you again.
You cannot scare a man who survived a crocodile attack with a dog.. You cannot scare an ifa priest with small local juju. Due to the hard life we've endured since the creation of this Entity,nothing shocks or scares us. Its so ingrained in our system that Boko Haram attacks,Plane Crashes,Accidents and so on don't bother us again.. Whatcha expect us to do? Worry about death and other trivial stuff when Hades is our home?
You should even be happy we have the mental strength to forge ahead and smile through the suffering we are forced to endure
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by kabba7(m): 10:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
VivyGift: Sometimes it annoys me when I see some serious issues taken as a joke, instead of us to put our heads together probably to fight against it or find a solution to it.

Relax something is on the front burner sooner than later you ll begin to take things serious as it should be .no wahala .
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by theoctopus: 10:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
omicron: Abeg Mods change the title of topic to something...not sth that suggests that it's already a fact that Nigerians are unserious. You aint doing our image any better.

At least ask '' Why Are Nigerians Seemingly Unserious''

They are two different questions altogether.

The OP and his thread are the most unserious thing I have encountered today
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Feraz(m): 10:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
anonimi:

So do you suggest there should be NO education or do you prefer we work on the QUALITY while ensuring all children are educated
What is your preference?
The bolded sums it all up. smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
Honestly cos the govt is not serious with human lives?
tonychristopher:

you don't close what you don't have ..found we have secured boarders anyway ..firewall has taken over western Nigeria boarded northern boarder has been bedevilled with boko haram eastern southern boarder is into bakassi.. in short we have the most porous entry points

we don't even have boarders ..is it the corrupt customs that WL close the boarders

I think we should just seperate this entity called .....
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Dipville(m): 10:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
God bless u

olushowunm: @Op... When I saw this post, I thought you will talk about our general attitudes to work, society and ourselves... But I was surprised to read about one aspect of our unseriousness. Nigeria to me still have a long way to go, most of our youths believes in civil service jobs and thinks when you have it, you are made for life. People have stop dreaming, our people have wrong ethics to work, life and everything. All of us wants to wake up a Billionaire like Dangote but we are never ready to pay the price. We all want a just and equitable society but we are always not seen when the time comes to ask for those rights. In short I have come to to tagged Nigerians; "Cowards, lazy and Bloodsucking corrupt people"...
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by HandOfChukwu: 10:17pm On Aug 10, 2014
I think most Africans in general are "unserious". That's how we were colonized and enslaved.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2014
LarrySun: I'm not surprised; since our verbal communication has often remained badly ambiguous; we blame the government for everything evil. No one is ready to take responsibility for the defects of the society; instead, we make asinine (even evil) jokes to mask our discomfort. The first sign of headache can be a neckache. We may suddenly wake up one morning to find out that these unserious fiends are candidates for straitjackets who'd escaped the confinements of their mental asylums.

The theory that the crippled government is the cause of the imbroglio circulating all around the federation is, I feel, a somewhat too complacent half-truth; we are the architects of our own mishaps. The civilians allowed themselves to be held by the ears like rabbits and tossed into the thorns by imbeciles of higher echelons whose acidulated mien and balderdashing decadents has made them dizzy with their own intellectual altitude, all just for the paltry sum of thirty pieces of silver. I fear for the growing generations; for when even giants are toppled, what hope is there for the midgets?

We should rise up, take the bull by the flank and make our stands against these revolting oppressors among ourselves; the state of the nation has gone beyond the days of 'twinkle, twinkle little stars'...cracking jokes about our own misfortunes is a perfect show of 'suffering and smiling'.
Obahiagbon junior,How ya papa? cheesy grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by patrickmuf(m): 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2014
Barywhyte:

I really do not see that happening. Nothing wrong with being optimistic though. Nigeria citizens are too laid-back and the only thing they spend their heads thinking about is money and living extravagance lifestyle. A Nigeria with an average monthly pay will not participate in protest against bad leadership. He is ok and there is no need to risk his precious life over protest
True but it looks the surest way to redemption
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Lucasbalo(m): 10:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
tonychristopher:

the black man is seen as been lazy and complacent
There is a point in that. The case with Nigerians to me sounds like a lot of people have been psychological abused for so many years that they are so used to the corruption and mismanagement that it's part and parcel of their lives. That's why I give the Nigerian people benefit of doubt. Wonder why anyone would be happy with the way things are being run in the country.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by ElNur1: 10:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
AdeniyiA: We are simply a good people,

I giv up
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by skyfall: 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
Thanks OP. That was what made Fela sing Shuffering & Shmiling many years ago.

Nigerians aren't just unserious, some of the dumbest people in the world are in this country. When you listen to people rationalizing totally stvpid things, you'd be scared.

I wish every one of the 160m Nigerians can be given the chance to live in Europe or North America (or even Middle East) for just 1 month each, it'd probably reset their brains and let them see that they're actually living like lower animals in this country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Check This Pix! / Quotes That Can Change Your Perspective On Life(pictures) / 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.