Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? (31045 Views)

Why / Why Are Nigerians And Ghanians Rivals / Why Are Nigerians So Annoying On Facebook? This Is Getting Ridiculous. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by emiye(m): 3:05am On Aug 11, 2014
ademoladeji: Well, I wanna bliv you're a nigerian to know that our leaders have had most of all these pre-planned. We all know how things panned out during our days in schools. Fine! there must be action for a counter-action to take place. Buh I want you to know that all these efforts made by the citizens do not actually affect the decisions of the FG. We all live in a world of Naijawood where all plays r directed by Political factor. We've been highly politicised.

This is simply conspiracy theory, and it is a school of thought that takes the path of least resistance,I disagree with you.

It is wrong in all front to say ALL efforts made by citizens do not actually affect the decisions of the FG, please discard that thought process.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by alphaomega(m): 3:09am On Aug 11, 2014
Every nation has its own identity.

tis not as if Nigerians are unserious...we r jst fun-seeking n fun-loving people.

Idealy, tis d ''Naijarians'' in us dat is on display. Making d best use of every situation.

What happens in some other countries and they go to war for it, if it happens here, we apply our brain....and settle.

Just lyk ur friend rightly said..''a o le wa kpara wa mehn''. If u die with ur ovr-seriousness, lyf go stil dey go on.

GBAM..

P.s: I already askd my 'Oga at d top'' b4 i answered ur question. And because diaris God, Ebola own go soon pafuka..
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by continentalceo(m): 4:57am On Aug 11, 2014
olushowunm: @Op... When I saw this post, I thought you will talk about our general attitudes to work, society and ourselves... But I was surprised to read about one aspect of our unseriousness. Nigeria to me still have a long way to go, most of our youths believes in civil service jobs and thinks when you have it, you are made for life. People have stop dreaming, our people have wrong ethics to work, life and everything. All of us wants to wake up a Billionaire like Dangote but we are never ready to pay the price. We all want a just and equitable society but we are always not seen when the time comes to ask for those rights. In short I have come to to tagged Nigerians; "Cowards, lazy and Bloodsucking corrupt people"...

We are not cowards, Lazy and bloodsucking people only you, your hometown peeps, friends, Family and everyone you know.. Now how do you like the sound of that? LOL
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by InvertedHammer: 5:11am On Aug 11, 2014
/
You have to understand that there are people who own this world.

Every Nigerian is just a waka-pass.

An average lifespan of 55 years? Pretty much walking corpses

To be on the safe side--->Treat every Nigerian as a criminal until proven otherwise...Emphasis mine!

\
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by sean079: 5:11am On Aug 11, 2014
Well our religious leaders av all failed us totally cos dey ain't speaking n mobilizing us against bad happening n practices in our society couple with dey av being able to fabricate ppl dat believe all depends on God over dis yrs. Dats y an average xtian will always fink political environment is no no for him. N some will even say oba supposed to b on d fence during election. Religious leaders are powerful n just a single word from dem can change alot of issues
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by lorRhyMeZ: 5:21am On Aug 11, 2014
Why does Op think Nigerians are tag"The Happiest Country in the World"? Its definately not because we r the richest or most contented,its becos of that ability to always maintain a cheerful outlook on life no matter d situation..

Moreover,the use of such funny gifs and memes comes with messages too...
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by red101(f): 5:22am On Aug 11, 2014
Ladystewie: Nigerians are just fun loving people and the ability to find fun in a rather serious situation in a bid to reduce the tension is genius to me. I think such 'jokes' tend to calm the people down and I don't really see anything wrong with it.

I see your point here but how can a problem be solved if people do not take it seriously

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 5:24am On Aug 11, 2014
red101:

I see your point here but how can a problem be solved if people do not take it seriously.
when it comes to your backyard, I bet you won't be laughing.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by red101(f): 5:37am On Aug 11, 2014
I have deleted that part. It wasn't intended to be harsh. If it comes to my backyard, I won't be laughing either.
I think the unseriousness comes from our general tendency toward resignation. I don't see anything 'genius' about it.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by sage2(m): 5:43am On Aug 11, 2014
Ishilove:
I must disagree with you. Nigerians are resilient and very enterprising people. They are also following the footsteps of their leaders. The system is decayed but intead of fighting that decay, we are sitting behind computer screens and drawing funny cartoons.

If we are truely resilient and enterprising as you claimed, then why are we where we are today? The truth is that we steal from each other as well as we steal from the government. There is a difference between hustling and hardwork, enterprise and sharp practices.

People complain of lack of jobs but as soon as they get employed, the next thing they want to do is to steal their employer to bankruptcy. Sometimes their employers can't even afford salaries for months and surprisingly, they still report to work. Then you wonder how they pay their bills.

I have had people told me that if they knew what I know, "dem go use am make money". But they are never even willing to give what I gave to know what I know - they just wish with nothing but money on their minds.

We can't generate enough electricity, can't run our oil industry, can't secure our cyberspace, can't clean our environment, can't administer our justice system in manner that is seen as just, can't deliver primary health care, can't provide basic, quality and relevant education and yet we are resilient ans enterprising? Someone has got to be kidding me.

I challenge all the so called billionaires to justify their enterprise by showing us the value the added to the chain. I have no respect for any agent of malfeasance.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by lizliz: 6:18am On Aug 11, 2014
I have thought about that before but really what can one do? Nigerians are fun loving people. Life goes on
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Slimmos(m): 6:37am On Aug 11, 2014
It's a pity
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Ishilove: 7:06am On Aug 11, 2014
sage2:

If we are truely resilient and enterprising as you claimed, then why are we where we are today? The truth is that we steal from each other as well as we steal from the government. There is a difference between hustling and hardwork, enterprise and sharp practices.

People complain of lack of jobs but as soon as they get employed, the next thing they want to do is to steal their employer to bankruptcy. Sometimes their employers can't even afford salaries for months and surprisingly, they still report to work. Then you wonder how they pay their bills.

I have had people told me that if they knew what I know, "dem go use am make money". But they are never even willing to give what I gave to know what I know - they just wish with nothing but money on their minds.

We can't generate enough electricity, can't run our oil industry, can't secure our cyberspace, can't clean our environment, can't administer our justice system in manner that is seen as just, can't deliver primary health care, can't provide basic, quality and relevant education and yet we are resilient ans enterprising? Someone has got to be kidding me.

I challenge all the so called billionaires to justify their enterprise by showing us the value the added to the chain. I have no respect for any agent of malfeasance.
@bolded, but we sure are the best comedians. We come up with the wikkidest memes, ever!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Ishilove: 7:09am On Aug 11, 2014
KingTom:
wo, a le para wa jor if e pain you, go baff with salt!
grin grin grin
Lol. If anyone as much as sneezes my way, they're gonna get a fistful of salt in their face angry tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 11, 2014
smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 11, 2014
gibberish
CoolHunk:
[b]Y[/b]ellow [b]O[/b]gre's [b]U[/b]mph...[b]A[/b]merican [b]R[/b]uns
[b]E[/b]rrands...[b]C[/b]an [b]U[/b]p [b]T[/b]he [b]E[/b]el.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 11, 2014
smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 11, 2014
oh...tx
CoolHunk:
Nope. Check again.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by zizytd(m): 8:21am On Aug 11, 2014
The worst is that, many Nigerians use big fones bt they can't Google for any useful news, instead they can sit in one place,ping,tweet,use whatsapp for all day long.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by wheeladealar: 8:31am On Aug 11, 2014
Every man laughs when they are happy,but it takes only a strong man to laugh whEn in sadness.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by ghostwritter(m): 8:46am On Aug 11, 2014
LarrySun: I'm not surprised; since our verbal communication has often remained badly ambiguous; we blame the government for everything evil. No one is ready to take responsibility for the defects of the society; instead, we make asinine (even evil) jokes to mask our discomfort. The first sign of headache can be a neckache. We may suddenly wake up one morning to find out that these unserious fiends are candidates for straitjackets who'd escaped the confinements of their mental asylums.

The theory that the crippled government is the cause of the imbroglio circulating all around the federation is, I feel, a somewhat too complacent half-truth; we are the architects of our own mishaps. The civilians allowed themselves to be held by the ears like rabbits and tossed into the thorns by imbeciles of higher echelons whose acidulated mien and balderdashing decadents has made them dizzy with their own intellectual altitude, all just for the paltry sum of thirty pieces of silver. I fear for the growing generations; for when even giants are toppled, what hope is there for the midgets?

We should rise up, take the bull by the flank and make our stands against these revolting oppressors among ourselves; the state of the nation has gone beyond the days of 'twinkle, twinkle little stars'...cracking jokes about our own misfortunes is a perfect show of 'suffering and smiling'.
can't you just explain your self in a simple term?
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by phineas: 8:53am On Aug 11, 2014
So our fathers that were serious,the ones that refused to take bribe,that insisted on due process and integrity in the prior generation? Most died uncelebrated and their efforts unrewarded,the charlattans and crooks,the ones that cut corners soceity celebrated.

It continues till date,no issue is pursued to a reasonable conclusion,the list is long.... why then should this generation take anything or anyone seriously.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by eddiebomba(m): 9:00am On Aug 11, 2014
Ladystewie: Nigerians are just fun loving people and the ability to find fun in a rather serious situation in a bid to reduce the tension is genius to me. I think such 'jokes' tend to calm the people down and I don't really see anything wrong with it.

Try telling that to the family of the dead nurse & other health workers in this country who contracted the virus while trying to do their job. Lame, brainless, insensitive reasoning - trying to make light of another person's suffering. angry
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by jdilight(m): 9:42am On Aug 11, 2014
When I observed your point for the first time, I came to understand why the world see us as the most happiest country in the world.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by ruffcoin09(m): 9:46am On Aug 11, 2014
Let the fight start from you, where is your cutlass? grin
VivyGift: Sometimes it annoys me when I see some serious issues taken as a joke, instead of us to put our heads together probably to fight against it or find a solution to it.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 11, 2014
smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Liverpoolfc(m): 11:05am On Aug 11, 2014
we are great people and happy people. We dnt hv to cry to show our seriousness. This is the best country to live on earth. Proudly 9ja
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 11, 2014

f'course.. Happiest Nation in the World, Suffering and Smiling.. this has been our greatest undoing.. rather than facing problem squarely. Unfortunately the incompetent leaders we have know that we will never demand performance from them so they continue to perform poorly and we continue to joke about it and laugh our lives to the grave grin grin grin grin grin see me i am laughing
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by imauri: 11:32am On Aug 11, 2014

fun loving in the face of mass extinction!... everything is fun to nigerians . do you see people in Liberia making fun of this? no? don't worry, id check back on u guys to see how funny it is when the bodies start piling up. SELF DENIAL AND IGNORANCE disguised as fun loving ... A country hell bent on destroying itself..
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by zaksrocafella(m): 12:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
Nigerians better wakeup grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Geekaydon: 1:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
I would have commented buh someone wrote smtin dats fits as the best reply for dis post.... NIGERIANS AR FUN LOVING PPOL......we use this to cure the sad things happening around us...... You can call nigeria 'entertainment' cos we ar always getting d fun..... Tho some jokes are crazy...lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Check This Pix! / Quotes That Can Change Your Perspective On Life(pictures) / 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.