Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? (31048 Views)

Why / Why Are Nigerians And Ghanians Rivals / Why Are Nigerians So Annoying On Facebook? This Is Getting Ridiculous. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by tonychristopher: 11:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
Lucasbalo: Gbam. With guys like you and TonyChristopher, there is hope for our beloved land.

honestly bro the whole thing is just too disgusting ..when they say blacks ain't methodological I tend to agree ... how can we just be thinking like this

look at Ebola stuff ..they want to arrest indigenous researchers that will find cure then await the Almighty american drug
look at how they treated abalaka
look at how they treated Izuogu

we can't even refine our crude ...simple fractional distillation that Biafra troopers used

we just don't have a national career
we just can't build weapons

but we can invent etigi dance
dance azonto and kurukere
doctors are on strike ..majority of em quick quack though
poly students are at home
stupid people say education is a sin

can we just think for a bit
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by tonychristopher: 11:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
Lucasbalo: There is a point in that. The case with Nigerians to me sounds like a lot of people have been psychological abused for so many years that they are so used to the corruption and mismanagement that it's part and parcel of their lives. That's why I give the Nigerian people benefit of doubt. Wonder why anyone would be happy with the way things are being run in the country.

its just bad..we don't obey the simple economic rule of comparative advantage and economies of scale

we as a nation ain't serious
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by emiye(m): 11:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
ademoladeji: Fight against gini? Solution to kini? Babe, this is naija! We know how things work here. Abiola died n we protested! Do you know how may of my friend that were shot by the military? 2 of dem got their limbs amputated. We all knw what happened during the Occupy9ja... The NLC n TUC were bribed n we were forced to accept N97 for petrol... The chibok girls.... The Diariz God.... The truth of it all is that we love our dear lives n can only pray individually for God's protection coz you can't fight for or against the government. Our opinions no fit count so let's juz smile n make ourselves happy.

This post made 2 minutes after i made mine is an example of "everything should be left to God" syndrome i stated earlier.

In all the examples he gave, he forgot that if people had not protested heavily through occupy naija petrol price might be 140 naira today and not 97.

He forgot if people had not protested heavily during military regime for change, Nigeria might not.
have returned to civilian regime.

He forgot if there was no "bring back our girls protest", the currenr=t govt will not have accepted there was any kidnapping talkless of taking any action.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Bunchersstab(m): 11:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
DukeNija:

Bros abeeg where did u get dat ur second meme. Dat shi.t is doopeee! cheesy
Got from ya daddy
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by SirAweezy(m): 11:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
Look here young lady..

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by tonychristopher: 11:19pm On Aug 10, 2014
ghananotnaija:

Says someone who never even left his own state, talkless of visiting Ghana. I grew up in Ghana and live in Nigeria. So I know what I'm talking about.

Charley I lived in Ghana and tema community 13 after trade fair and I know Ghana very well so I know their mentality

Ghana men are most Laibach black men I have seen

I see them at Waikiki club dining it I see them at labadi circus

dude I know Ghana and do know Nigerians travel so there is nothing new there

Nigerians and Asians run the economy

what of the new town mess or the James forth ...go to OSU and see Ghana slavery
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by tonychristopher: 11:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
SirShymex:

Honestly, it's not even about the bold but there's a place and time for everything. Even most of the scientists and leaders today in first world countries had fun growing up, and a lot of them did indulge in all kinds of vices. Go to top unis around the world and you'll be shocked, with the amount of pots and booze the top students(the future scientists and leaders) indulge in. However, the only difference is that: when it's time to get serious, they do so effortlessly. As for Africans(including Nigerians) we're innately not just the serious type and we're also very insensitive as long as it doesn't affect us directly. And also very selfish as well. We prefer hand-outs rather than working hard to achieve greatness Most times we dream big, and expect hope based on faith to see us through. And even when we work hard(probably once in a blue moon), we don't work smart.

I got back on twitter recently and I decided to follow a few Nigerians that I've seen around while doing certain scholarships on the internet. And more time, these folks just post idi.otic memes all over my timeline retweeting tripe. And when they're not doing that, it's about e-activism protesting all over twitter, despite living in the country. Trust me, these folks are not serious and it's more or less a vicious cycle of perpetual intellectual clowns with huge noses like pinocchio.
that's exactly my point leave it to God and them heap it on the government
MIT seems to be awesome and our brains seems to be on sabbatical
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Lucasbalo(m): 11:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
tonychristopher:
its just bad..we don't obey the simple economic rule of comparative advantage and economies of scale

we as a nation ain't serious
We just have to hopeful. We can't give up. I hope all those old fools mismanaging the country dies off . The youth must be ready to wipe them off for the country to progress .
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Castos(m): 11:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
I can't explain how I feel right now........... It's very sad a country to be in I must tell you. Am so ashamed of where am from and the current state of my country. Our leaders and the people they lead are all jokes themselves. Will I ever see the country of my dream, and when will I be the leader in my days as I was on many cases promised to be the leader of tomorrow.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by nanaiza: 11:36pm On Aug 10, 2014
You v all given ur opinion but wat r u doin about it. We shud know by now that saying it doesn't do anything. And the mistake we make is trying to do things on a major scale. I v learn in my sojourn in this life that waiting for a perfect time is a waste but doing something anything little by little, step by step is what is going to get you answers. You will nt know it now but by the time you look back you r going to be surprised @ d changes. You all say Nigerians do dis, do dat but wat u doin about it. We r only goin 2 move 4ward if we stop pointing fingers and actually do little things around us. Stop looking far away to anoda land, in2 d future, look around urself and start effecting change. Start ryt now by closing your eyes and say ' dear Lord, you see dis nation as it is now, help us, teach us, give us a way forward. I'm leaving myself as an instrument of progress to this nation and to every1 arnd me, guide me. Thank you wonderful father for where we r now. Amen'. NOTE: YOUR passions are yours only, yes just yours, you can't force anyone else to feel what you feel and d way you feel it.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by tonychristopher: 11:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
Lucasbalo: We just have to hopeful. We can't give up. I hope all those old fools mismanaging the country dies off . The youth must be ready to wipe them off for the country to progress .

but the youths are not helping themselves
look around your place and tell me how many youths looks focus than either be a rapper or actress or model

not thinking straight ...premiership leagues lovers

just madness
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by kingsley18(m): 11:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
Imagine PHCN no bring light make i iron my new cloth i buy.... But i wear am like dat go church....
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by patrickmuf(m): 11:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
Read every comment here and to be frank some people still don't get it...
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Lucasbalo(m): 11:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
tonychristopher:

but the youths are not helping themselves
look around your place and tell me how many youths looks focus than either be a rapper or actress or model

not thinking straight ...premiership leagues lovers

just madness
You have a point but we still have to hopefull. Youths here in Chicago are like that but some of them are serious too. I pray to God for the country to rise up.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by emiye(m): 12:14am On Aug 11, 2014
Lucasbalo: You have a point but we still have to hopefull. Youths here in Chicago are like that but some of them are serious too. I pray to God for the country to rise up.

We have been praying to God for the country to rise up since 'forever",. God has answered our prayer a LONG LONG TIME ago grin grin, but we have refused to do our part of the bargain. My God can not be fooled, what majority do is simply wishful thinking. Many countries with half of their population atheist are even progressing while ours is showing no sign of improvement
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Lucasbalo(m): 12:20am On Aug 11, 2014
emiye:

We have been praying to God for the country to rise up since 'forever",. God has answered our prayer a LONG LONG TIME ago grin grin, but we have refused to do our part of the bargain. My God can not be fooled, what majority do is simply wishful thinking. Many countries with half of their population atheist are even progressing while ours is showing no sign of improvement
Can not argue with u on that but we still have to be optimistic. Can hide here and pretend that Nigeria is doomed but I love Nigeria so much I hope things turn around positively for good. So many Nigerians have no where to turn to but Nigeria. That's why I call for massive revolution to cleanse the land of the maggots feeding on her.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 11, 2014
smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 11, 2014
CoolHunk:
Yellow Ogre's Umph...American Runs Errands...Can Up The Eel.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by emiye(m): 12:41am On Aug 11, 2014
Lucasbalo: Can not argue with u on that but we still have to be optimistic. Can hide here and pretend that Nigeria is doomed but I love Nigeria so much I hope things turn around positively for good. So many Nigerians have no where to turn to but Nigeria. That's why I call for massive revolution to cleanse the land of the maggots feeding on her.

Optimism without any concrete step is hallucination. cheesy

Massive revolution not necessarily needed, let's just do the basic things and not to leave it to God grin grin.

Simple things like going out to vote on election day, God will not thumb print ballot papers, he already gave us thumbs grin When i hear God will elect good leaders for us, my heart shivers coz how then will someone try to rationally select a good candidate from the pool of candidates when he already believes it is God's work. grin undecided undecided

Let us care to know our immediate leaders, and put them under pressure or through protest.

Let us try to understand how things work and not simply say "it is Gods work", My people will say ise oluwa ni ema tuwo(It is God's work dont try to understand it) grin grin grin grin grin (research and knowledge acquisition is very key cool)

Most nigerians are highly intellectual, but intellectually lazy, and it shows in the very common conclusive statement "it is God that will help us". Since we believe it is God that will help us, we thus dont take things seriously, since we believe virtually all things is not our primary responsibility but Gods responsibility
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by ibkgab001: 12:42am On Aug 11, 2014
God bless you for that comment .. I Love you grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by tonychristopher: 12:49am On Aug 11, 2014
Lucasbalo: You have a point but we still have to hopefull. Youths here in Chicago are like that but some of them are serious too. I pray to God for the country to rise up.

yeah youths in Chicago might love bulls as a team but that doesn't stop been focused . the ability for one to believe in oneself matter but it seems that has been derided and eroded here

many wants to just sag jeans be a musician and actress . I am not saying that these ain't good but the fact is that we blocks are seen as been too laid back . our leaders are capitalizing on this

they have indoctrinated us to the frivolity and tribalistic level

we are now consuming nation ..do you know that its so bad that you get to see our ladies buying fairly used undies and bra

does it mean that we just can't figure it right like they did in Dubai Caracas San Diego Rio de jeniro etc

Asians have proved it with Japan and Singapore
Latinos has proved it with Brazil
Arabs proved it with emirates
Oceania proved it with Sydney and Brisbane

then where and how is African proving it

pls tell me ...is it with this kind set of mind

always asking for IMF grants and loan

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Lucasbalo(m): 12:50am On Aug 11, 2014
emiye:

Optimism without any concrete step is hallucination. cheesy

Massive revolution not necessarily needed, let's just do the basic things and not to leave it to God grin grin.

Simple things like going out to vote on election day, God will not thumb print ballot papers, he already gave us thumbs grin When i hear God will elect good leaders for us, my heart shivers coz how then will someone try to rationally select a good candidate from the pool of candidates when he already believes it is God's work. grin undecided undecided

Let us care to know your immediate leaders, and put them under pressure or through protest.

Let us try to understand how things work and not simply say "it is Gods work", My people will ise oluwa ni ema tuwo(It is God's work dont try to understand it) grin grin grin grin grin (research and knowledge acquisition is very key cool)

Most nigerians are highly intellectual, but intellectually lazy, and it shows in the very common conclusive statement "it is God that will help us". Since we believe it is God that will help us, we thus dont take things seriously, since we believe virtually all things is not our primary responsibility but Gods responsibility
Voting in Nigeria doesn't solve the problem either because 99 percent of this politicians are corrupt. It's the case of lesser of two evils. I talk about revolution in the sense of what Jerry Rawlings did in Ghana by executing five former heads of states. That clean for a while. That's what I have I mind. Voting for corrupt politicians sure won't solve the problem.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by emiye(m): 1:01am On Aug 11, 2014
Lucasbalo: Voting in Nigeria doesn't solve the problem either because 99 percent of this politicians are corrupt. It's the case of lesser of two evils. I talk about revolution in the sense of what Jerry Rawlings did in Ghana by executing five former heads of states. That clean for a while. That's what I have I mind. Voting for corrupt politicians sure won't solve the problem.
Dont underestimate voting my brother. Our politicians are a reflection of we the followers, infact most of us are way more corrupt than our leaders, we are only complaining because we are not tall enough for our hands to reach the national cake. The Jerry rawlings option might not happen in the next 200 years grin grin, the realistic option is to try to select the better from the pool of "nonsense" leaders we have and put massive pressure on them to perform. Try and vote in the "jerry rawlings" Voter apathy is dangerous,be more involve and care to effect a change in your own little way.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Lucasbalo(m): 1:10am On Aug 11, 2014
emiye: Dont underestimate voting my brother. Our politicians are a reflection of we the followers, infact most of us are way more corrupt than our leaders, we are only complaining because we are not tall enough for our hands to reach the national cake. The Jerry rawlings option might not happen in the next 200 years grin grin, the realistic option is to try to select the better from the pool of "nonsense" leaders we have and put massive pressure on them to perform. Try and vote in the "jerry rawlings" Voter apathy is dangerous,be more involve and care to effect a change in your own little way.
I am all for voting. Nigeria is a peculiar place for democracy because of the money influence. I wish you are right. I don't vote in Nigeria because I live outside but I never miss a vote here . I even vote absentee here if I am traveling outside the country. If true democracy is followed in Nigeria, maybe things will be better. The democracy in Nigeria is government of the few , by the few and for the corrupt elites.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Lucasbalo(m): 1:12am On Aug 11, 2014
tonychristopher:

yeah youths in Chicago might love bulls as a team but that doesn't stop been focused . the ability for one to believe in oneself matter but it seems that has been derided and eroded here

many wants to just sag jeans be a musician and actress . I am not saying that these ain't good but the fact is that we blocks are seen as been too laid back . our leaders are capitalizing on this

they have indoctrinated us to the frivolity and tribalistic level

we are now consuming nation ..do you know that its so bad that you get to see our ladies buying fairly used undies and bra

does it mean that we just can't figure it right like they did in Dubai Caracas San Diego Rio de jeniro etc

Asians have proved it with Japan and Singapore
Latinos has proved it with Brazil
Arabs proved it with emirates
Oceania proved it with Sydney and Brisbane

then where and how is African proving it

pls tell me ...is it with this kind set of mind

always asking for IMF grants and loan

I am with you all the way. You are a smart dude and I feel you. My not giving up on the youths and their indifference to what is happening in Nigeria is me being an eternal optimist. You make a lot of sense.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by emiye(m): 1:22am On Aug 11, 2014
Lucasbalo: I am all for voting. Nigeria is a peculiar place for democracy because of the money influence. I wish you are right. I don't vote in Nigeria because I live outside but I never miss a vote here . I even vote absentee here if I am traveling outside the country. If true democracy is followed in Nigeria, maybe things will be better. The democracy in Nigeria is government of the few , by the few and for the corrupt elites.
Great, you have spoken well. i have great reservations for massive revolution because of its high failure rate.

Infact Jerry rawlings revolution failed initially, dont forget he seized power twice, after the set of people he handed over to after his first revolution were more corrupt than the ones he cleared out of the way. Ghana's economy is suffering greatly now allegedly because of one Mahama that Ghanians voted for, instead of a more worthy candidate. Mahama was an accidental candidate who stepped in after the president of Ghana died suddenly. There must be lot of Ghanians who sat down at home on election day believing God will select a president for Ghana undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by tonychristopher: 1:23am On Aug 11, 2014
Lucasbalo: I am with you all the way. You are a smart dude and I feel you. My not giving up on the youths and their indifference to what is happening in Nigeria is me being an eternal optimist. You make a lot of sense.

yeah bro

but all hope ain't lost cos we still have a few of reasonable ones with focused mind but majority ain't worth it

engage em in conversation you will see the shallowness in them . we just don't want to sacrife ..we feel we can sing away our stupidity

but I know that Renaissance will come one day

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Lucasbalo(m): 1:27am On Aug 11, 2014
tonychristopher:

yeah bro

but all hope ain't lost cos we still have a few of reasonable ones with focused mind but majority ain't worth it

engage em in conversation you will see the shallowness in them . we just don't want to sacrife ..we feel we can sing away our stupidity

but I know that Renaissance will come one day
Amen.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Nobody: 1:30am On Aug 11, 2014
I actually forgot the spelling,and no time to google,anyway,thanks and stop bothering yourself trying to prove something
anonimi:

I believe it is called and spelled:

Sierra Leone.

A little google search when not sure would have made you avoid the UNSERIOUS label, which is the subject of the thread undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by Lucasbalo(m): 1:36am On Aug 11, 2014
emiye: Great, you have spoken well. i have gret reservations for massive revolution because of its high failure rate.

Infact Jerry rawlings revolution failed initially, dont forget he seized power twice, after the set of people he handed over to after his first revolution were more corrupt than the ones he cleared out of the way. Ghana's economy is suffering greatly now allegedly because of one Mahama that Ghanians voted for, instead of a more worthy candidate. Mahama was an accidental candidate who stepped in after the president of Ghana died suddenly. There must be lot of Ghanians who sat down at home on election day believing God will select a president for Ghana undecided undecided
Believe me, I support what you are advocating. I hope most of our youths are like you and Tony Christopher. That's what I meant by saying there is hope for our beloved land. I have guys here who often ask me why I am so enamored with what is going on in Nigeria. My answer is that that is my source despite the fact I came here as a teenager. I make sure I come to Nigeria at least once or twice a year. Infact, I hope to share my retirement in Nigeria God willing when I hang it up. Hence my concern for Nigeria because she deserves better than what she is getting from this inept leadership. Nigeria and Nigerians deserves better.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by BigBashiru: 2:14am On Aug 11, 2014
Good thread. Nigerians are lazy period. Look at most offices how they are run. Very sluggish unserious staff. Most times, they just dont want to work. You will blame the government for that too?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Unserious?!? by ademoladeji(m): 2:55am On Aug 11, 2014
emiye:

This post made 2 minutes after i made mine is an example of "everything should be left to God" syndrome i stated earlier.

In all the examples he gave, he forgot that if people had not protested heavily through occupy naija petrol price might be 140 naira today and not 97.

He forgot if people had not protested heavily during military regime for change, Nigeria might not.
have returned to civilian regime.

He forgot if there was no "bring back our girls protest", the currenr=t govt will not have accepted there was any kidnapping talkless of taking any action.
Well, I wanna bliv you're a nigerian to know that our leaders have had most of all these pre-planned. We all know how things panned out during our days in schools. Fine! there must be action for a counter-action to take place. Buh I want you to know that all these efforts made by the citizens do not actually affect the decisions of the FG. We all live in a world of Naijawood where all plays r directed by Political factor. We've been highly politicised.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Check This Pix! / Quotes That Can Change Your Perspective On Life(pictures) / 9 Things To Give Up If You Want To Be Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.