Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,906 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! (15915 Views)

Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child / Give Me A Child And Get 250k, Twins 500k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by alphaomega(m): 3:52am On Aug 03, 2014
if d foundation is faulty, wat can d righteous do?

Sincerely, if he can't readily express himself in d written aspect (in school), there is always a chance in d practical.

God blesses all His creations in dat aspect..

If his parents/guardians failed him while growing up (cos i bliv his formative years has been seriously tampered with), God NEVER fails. There's always something deposited in each human. That is the aspect he shld work on.

U guys (who are closer) to him shld hlp him discover dt practical aspect in which he is good at and set him up.

I doubt if d guy wil have d needed self-confidence a man shld av....but i bliv once he gets himself up doing wondaful thns with his hands, in d nearest tyms, his self-confidence wl build up gradually...

It took some years for him to b considered a (ice)block-head. it wil take some tym for d (ice)block head to defreeze.

My 10kobo...

1 Like

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Nobody: 3:59am On Aug 03, 2014
nedu2000: I know most parents talk about how their kids finish 1st in class then who's the child that finishes last!!
My uncle's 16-yr-old child is such a person,he's dad bribed his way into secondary after he failed common entrance,after repeating JS1 and JS 2 twice,his dad was called in by his school principal(govt school) to come and carry away his ward!!My uncle not knowing what to do,send my cousin down to Lagos to live with us and join my little brother in his school(they are both age-mates but my brother is in SS3).
In Lagos,he couldn't pass the qualifying exam to my broher's school so we had to make do with one of those secondary schools that don't arrange such exams. In school,the results didn't change 22nd/24 students after 3 attempts in the same class?haba.He also possesses criminal tendencies as he forged his last term results,he doesn't write notes claiming he's a slow writer and its a natural liar. His parents are confused.
Surely there are parents who's wards aren't(weren't) doing well academically,what's the way out? sad

Looks like he has a learning disability and Nigerians are not equipped to handle this
Some children learn differently
His talent may lie elsewhere
Your family should take time and discover what his true calling is
Nobody is useless
His behavioral issues are most likely as a result of the frustrations and taunts about his academic performance
You could have the next Victor Uwaifo or Jimi Hendrix and not know it
If you gear him to his talent,you will see him flourish

3 Likes

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by alphaomega(m): 4:19am On Aug 03, 2014
blink182: TB Joshua can not help? God can not help? The impunity with which people like you insult God is appalling like He is just another human being. Have you been to the SCOAN or have empirical evidence that Joshua is a fraud? I am very sorry for you and the path you have chosen.

Now to the discussion. Who told you no one is born dull? I am rather shocked at the number of people who agree with you. It is like you live in this bubble created by your imagination. I have a friend that is dull actually I have friends but I will focus on this one guy because all his siblings I know are dull and unable to pass exams on their own. We were in the same primary school together, same class with me and his younger sister in the same class with my younger sister and my younger sister was in touch with even younger siblings that did poorly in class. Their dad was a full time politician and mum was a full time house wife. There was nothing their parents didn't do to help them learn. Even as a kid I could notice how hard their parents tried to help them learn. Their problem was not the inability to learn but the ability to retain what they had learnt. It cut across all spheres of their life where they had to learn then remember after some time. Now what do you say to that? My friend and most if not all his siblings are currently in the uk and really do not need to bother about making their own money like most of us.

That is just one case. I know a 16 year old girl who just wrote her primary 6 exam with little chance off passing, she has a cousin like her too-the cousin has actually stopped trying to be in school and her parents understand. This girl I know has a 12 year old sister under the same roof with her in JSS 2. Who do we blame in this case?

And what is this talk about using derogatory words. We are Africans not Europeans or Americans. That is what africans do to prevent a person doing the wrong thing to correct itself. Why do you think so many nairalanders bash and laugh at people when they are down when they should be giving encouragement? It is built into our psyche, that is how africans-true africans think. We do not pamper failure with the hope it will correct itself. When you fail this term and get flogged by your dad followed by mouth bashing from mum which often lasts a term and get reminded of your failure whenever you miss any house chore. Next term, you will struggle to out do yourself.

No wonder so many new parents are failures with raising up their kids.

We shouldn't deceive ourselves with vocational training, if the boy can't learn in class, he most likely can't learn anywhere. He doesn't seem like someone who wants to learn at all. I wonder how he got this way. Does he know how hard it is to survive in society when you have nothing to offer.

if u av friends dt are so dull, wat shld we call u? Rememba: birds of a feather.....

If u say we shld think lyk TYPICAL TRUE AFRICANS, then tis most possible dt ur friend's politician father used the brain of all his children juju for his political ambition cos i dont c y there cldnt b even a 'judas' amongst d children.

If u use derogatory words instead of encouraging words, then i pity ur children (bore n yet to b) cos i can imagine d kind of pops u wil b....(Pops ke..i mean father).

Av u seen d movie 'like stars on earth'? Try go watch am. U r d typical father of d li2 kid in d movie.

And b4 u say dt only happen in movies, P.s: movies r representations of life on screen.

1 Like

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by uboma(m): 5:05am On Aug 03, 2014
peppyluv02: Nice one, I couldn't have said it better. Are you a teacher or counselor?

@ nedu2000 maybe the boy is actually dyslexic; a learning disorder marked by a severe difficulty in recognizing and understanding written language,leading to spelling and writting problems.
It is not caused by low intelligence or brain damage.All the boy needs is special education and a counselor.

But if spelling and writting isn't his problem,then find out what he is good at just like other people have suggested and help him grow in it. We can't all be professionals you know....

I am into Social Works and do a lot of counseling during the course of my work.

Thank you for pointing out that the boy needs special education (different from the regular education his counterparts are used to) and a Counselor.

I've seen cases like these and also handled them with some success on the part of the child. With children, one needs to be patient but such children as described by the op, one needs to exercise EXTRA patience to get the best out of the child.

Enough said though.

2 Likes

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by smartn09(m): 6:03am On Aug 03, 2014
Hahaha, he may not be good hearing in public like classroom which he will develop with time or better seek a doctor' s advice. 2.Get a home teacher that will teach him in her mother language and he must improve in a short while.pls check other various ways of impacting modern education into a child and he must adapt to one.
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by nedu2000(m): 6:13am On Aug 03, 2014
uken73:

I was once such a student who was not doing well in my most early education years. In my Transition class I remember being locked up in class along with another student for not being able to come up with any English word that starts with the letter 'Y'. The other buy later repeated several classes and was known as the dumbest kid in school.

But to the shock of me and many others I got to be 12th in class in Primary 1 in the first term and 1st by 2nd and 3rd term. Primary 1 was the immediate class that followed Transition. Since then I'd been either 1st or 2nd. In JS1 I was 2nd in all 3 terms, but I began to be an average student and out of the 1st 10 positions from my JS2 when I got introduced by my parent to be friends with a non-serious cousin of mine. This was to help me stay in school (as I was mostly a loner and so bored of school). I picked up again when I changed school in my SS1 where I ended my SS3 as 2nd overall.

I never understood the sudden change in my academic performance in Primary 1 until I read the book "Gifted hands" by Dr Ben Carson. The author was the dumbest kid in class who became the best and later an acclaimed world best neurosurgeon. It was when I read how the mother of the Dr had prevented her two kids from playing, instead forced them to be going to read books in the library and provide reviews each day, then I recalled that my late father had done similar thing to us (with more focus on me, being that my only brother was doing well). I could remember how my father (a former maths teacher, then a banker) would have us locked in the house and given some homework to do on our own. I remember more of how he taught me how to study maths on my own using maths text book. He would make me learn to solve new maths problems on topics for the next term on my own and I must complete all the exercises that accompany the topics. He would show me how to solve the ones I couldn't solve when he comes back from work. It wasn't interesting at all as our friends would come to mock us through our house window. Each day we would study from about 8am that my parent leave for work till 12pm when my Aunt would come and unlock the door for us to join other kids to play. Mum (a teacher) would be back around 2pm and you have to go to bed around 3pm. My dad seriously frowned at playing football and till date I and my only brother don't play nor have interest in watching football.

In summary I would say such corrections are best at the early formative years of a child. That is when it is easiest to help a child develop the habits and attitude you want to see in them. It is best time to influence a child and get them to grow with that influence. This becomes increasingly difficult as the child grows older. With my experience I'm sure that a child can be influenced to improve in almost any area (academic or otherwise). But I'm not sure how effective such measures may be for a child who has gotten to his/her teens. The best way to know is to try but at this age you must be very careful of being overbearing on the child which can result in depression, attempt to run away from home and in worst case suicide attempt. A teenage is more intolerable of parents interference in their lives, so any efforts must be done with much caution and more especially with the consent of the child. I would seriously recommend the book "Gifted Hands" for the parent and the child. The child would see from there that his/her case is not hopeless and would likely be more willing and cooperative with the parent on the measures to be taken. He or she would understand very well that the parents are doing it for his/her own interest and would reduce the change of the child viewing it as punishment.

That's my submission. Wish you the best in this.
ur dad really tried,but to be sincere lemme wash a lil' dirty linen in public,the parents are to the largest degree response!!the dad is hated by the rest of household for being a womaniser,the wife is so lazy that when he was schooling in onitsha she all gave reasons why she doesn't 'ave time to attend her own son's open day,by the time he was thrown out this housewife never set foot into her child's school twas always the dad!!,when she came to collect the child after the latest setback,my mum really blasted her for her nonchalant attitude in terms of the boy's education. So to a larger degree,its the parents. But after an extended family meeting both parents 'ave decided to turn a new leaf in terms of focusing on d boys academics & future but I hope its not too late,he's 16
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by wickyyolo: 7:34am On Aug 03, 2014
No child is a blockhead. He just needs to be taught differently from others.
Just like teaching a child, 1 plus 1 equals 2(1+1=2) it looks abstract to a child.
But if you tell him 1car plus 1car equals 2cars. This will look reasonable.
In essence everybody has a way to be taught.
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by uboma(m): 7:42am On Aug 03, 2014
nedu2000: ur dad really tried,but to be sincere lemme wash a lil' dirty linen in public,the parents are to the largest degree response!!the dad is hated by the rest of household for being a womaniser,the wife is so lazy that when he was schooling in onitsha she all gave reasons why she doesn't 'ave time to attend her own son's open day,by the time he was thrown out this housewife never set foot into her child's school twas always the dad!!,when she came to collect the child after the latest setback,my mum really blasted her for her nonchalant attitude in terms of the boy's education. So to a larger degree,its the parents. But after an extended family meeting both parents 'ave decided to turn a new leaf in terms of focusing on d boys academics & future but I hope its not too late,he's 16

It is now that you really identified the root of the boy's problem. Can you see that the foundation was poor from the start? Even at 16 years, he can still make some progress. He just needs EXTRA time like I pointed out earlier, a counsellor and special classes. If not for the distance from my current location and my too many commitments, I'd have volunteered to help him.

The father of the boy or who ever loves him should arrange for a trained Guidance and Counselor to handle his case. I will be willing to assist remotely from my end if need be...

NB.
To all those blabbing that this Africa and not some Western country, hence the right to call a slow learning child a *dulard*, I'm just waiting for my Internet connection here to behave itself so I can respond to you like I should using my PC (its been raining here all through since yesterday and my Etisalat Internet connection is poor) . I'm currently using my smart phone to type this but I'll prefer to use my PC to respond to you appropriately.

Children (whether in Africa or in the Western World) have rights and such rights should be respected at all times. Children have feelings and if an adult would not like to be called derogatory names, we shouldn't do same to these children. I still want to emphasize that *no one was born a dulard. Once a parent misses it during the child's formative years, then it will take extra extra extra efforts to help that child achieve his potentials.

However for those who because we are Africans feel that derogatory names be given to children when they are not doing well, then you need to undergo *Better Parenting Skills* training if you are a parent or aspiring to be one. Or else I only pity the path your children will toe later in life.

2 Likes

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 03, 2014
alphaomega:

if u av friends dt are so dull, wat shld we call u? Rememba: birds of a feather.....

If u say we shld think lyk TYPICAL TRUE AFRICANS, then tis most possible dt ur friend's politician father used the brain of all his children juju for his political ambition cos i dont c y there cldnt b even a 'judas' amongst d children.

If u use derogatory words instead of encouraging words, then i pity ur children (bore n yet to b) cos i can imagine d kind of pops u wil b....(Pops ke..i mean father).

Av u seen d movie 'like stars on earth'? Try go watch am. U r d typical father of d li2 kid in d movie.

And b4 u say dt only happen in movies, P.s: movies r representations of life on screen.

I do not discriminate in selecting my friends, no one is completely good and no one is completely bad. These dull friends I have are very nice people. I made reference to them because the situation called for it. I come from a home with a first class mechanical engineer from OAU who is currently doing her masters at yale, a computer engineer, estate surveyor, lawyer, a brother with masters and mba from another ivy league school. I graduated from university when I was 20. Chosen to represent Nigeria at the United Nations juniour ambassadors at New York when I was 15 with 6 other kids and I led the delegation. Let me stop here, like I said I do not discriminate besides the so called dullards are more fun to be with especially now that we are adults. Why should I lie to my kids about being brilliant? They will meet my results from kindergarten to SSS 3 and even see I had no carry over in university not once, I won't tell them how brilliant I am I will show them.

Unfortunately, I can't be as disciplined as my dad but that is not enough reason to give birth to block heads.

GOD IS MERCIFUL AND IS ALWAYS THERE TO LIFT OUR BURDEN IF WE LET HIM.

2 Likes

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 03, 2014
nedu2000: I sincerely wish ur comment had arrived earlier for everyone to see,however not all kids as well as adults thrive after receiving criticisms & corporal punishment sometimes the use of incentives can be an option
Yes but I ignored the thread at first until the almighty Uboma made a nonsense of God. God is no one's mate for anything and I won't keep quiet when someone who feels he is above Him tries to make a nonsense of my heavenly Father. I don't even tolerate people who insult my earthly father say more my heavenly Father.

1 Like

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by kashflynn(m): 9:59am On Aug 03, 2014
Thomas Edison on point..
uboma: No one is a blockhead. And calling your Uncle's child one will not help matters at all. No matter what a child does, don't call him/her derogatory names or compare them with other children who may be doing better.

If you really want to help, you need to have a heart to heart chat with your Uncle's child. First, gain his trust, so he can open up to you. It could be that something went wrong during his formative years (6-10 years). Please answer these;

Did this child grow up with his biological parents or with a relative?

During his formative years, did his parents play an active role in his life? Did they play together as a family? Was the father/mother always around to LISTEN and talk to their child? During his early years in school (nursery to primary) were his parents interested in his school activities? Did they guide him with his homework? Did they find out from his teacher(s) the performance of their son? Or was it just the *enrol your child in school, pay his fees when due, buy school materials? Is this the cycle they followed?

I always tell parents that *children are what we make them*. Once you miss it during their formative years, then you've lost out big time. It is simply not enough to just send your child to school and leave them at the mercy of their teachers. Parents need to play an ACTIVE role in their child(ren)'s life.

And mind you, if you are sure that the parents played their role during his formative years, then the child may be better off learning a vocational skill. If having listened to this boy, and its obvious that he just doesn't like school, then find out his hobby or the skill he's interested in and build on that.

Look around the world today, not all the well to do men actually completed their schooling. But they have excelled in their chosen fields.

There's so much to say but time... I wish I could have a chat with your Uncle's child. Are they in Abuja?

NB.
Calling a child derogatory names only serves to worsen him, make him more reserve and won't bring out the best in him/her. No one was born a dullard. Please take note.
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by uboma(m): 10:40am On Aug 03, 2014
blink182: Yes but I ignored the thread at first until the almighty Uboma made a nonsense of God. God is no one's mate for anything and I won't keep quiet when someone who feels he is above Him tries to make a nonsense of my heavenly Father. I don't even tolerate people who insult my earthly father say more my heavenly Father.

I believe in God, the Creator of Heavens and Earth and the living beings within. But please don't hold me to ransom for not believing in TB Joshua (whom I mentioned in my earlier post). The op said they are considering taking the child to him and I pointed out clearly that the so called Prophet can't help him. The boy's situation is not a hopeless one.

So if you are raging this way because I expressed my humble opinion that TB Joshua can't help him, then you better go hug a transformer because I will repeat it several times if I wish.

See how you have been brainwashed to the point that you now equate TB Joshua to God. Na wa oooooooooooo! So if someone tells you that he doesn't believe in your prophet, you will rain insults on him instead of proving logically from the Scriptures (which all Christians should guided by) that your prophet is for real...

NB
I wonder what you will do if someone talks against the son of God, Jesus Christ. I'm sure you kill then if you have the means... You do need to develop humility if you are a Christian and learn to leave matters on God's hands. He will act on behalf of His true worshipers when the time is right. Remember the Apostle who used his sword to cut off the ear of one of those who came to arrest Jesus Christ (the son of God), what was the reaction of Jesus and what admonition did he give to that his apostle and by extension to all true worshipers living today?
My advise to you, go and improve on your faith...
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 03, 2014
uboma:

I believe in God, the Creator of Heavens and Earth and the living beings within. But please don't hold me to ransom for not believing in TB Joshua (whom I mentioned in my earlier post). The op said they are considering taking the child to him and I pointed out clearly that the so called Prophet can't help him. The boy's situation is not a hopeless one.

So if you are raging this way because I expressed my humble opinion that TB Joshua can't help him, then you better go hug a transformer because I will repeat it several times if I wish.

See how you have been brainwashed to the point that you now equate TB Joshua to God. Na wa oooooooooooo! So if someone tells you that he doesn't believe in your prophet, you will rain insults on him instead of proving logically from the Scriptures (which all Christians should guided by) that your prophet is for real...
True the boy's situation is not a hopeless one and he can be helped by God.

Lol, hug transformer? You have your views and I have mine. One advise I will give to you is to test TB Joshua. Take a trip to SCOAN and with all seriousness and sincerity in your heart, ask God to expose the man TB Joshua to you. Keep an open heart.

Brainwashed, seriously? Make no mistake please, Joshua is only a vessel. He is but a filthy rag in the presence of God and not an equal in anyway. Bro despite our contradicting view, you are still a smart person. Do not form the habit of condemning things you do not understand. Test them first to gain a sound premise from where you can draw a flawless conclusion with which you can create a rock solid opinion about a person and stick to it in the face of stiff opposition.
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by uboma(m): 11:05am On Aug 03, 2014
blink182: True the boy's situation is not a hopeless one and he can be helped by God.

Lol, hug transformer? You have your views and I have mine. One advise I will give to you is to test TB Joshua. Take a trip to SCOAN and with all seriousness and sincerity in your heart, ask God to expose the man TB Joshua to you. Keep an open heart.

Brainwashed, seriously? Make no mistake please, Joshua is only a vessel. He is but a filthy rag in the presence of God and not an equal in anyway. Bro despite our contradicting view, you are still a smart person. Do not form the habit of condemning things you do not understand. Test them first to gain a sound premise from where you can draw a flawless conclusion with which you can create a rock solid opinion about a person and stick to it in the face of stiff opposition.
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by eromspete(m): 11:32am On Aug 03, 2014
He should go and do MUSIC so he can blow...
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Abbey2sam(m): 11:46am On Aug 03, 2014
nedu2000: I know most parents talk about how their kids finish 1st in class then who's the child that finishes last!!
My uncle's 16-yr-old child is such a person,he's dad bribed his way into secondary after he failed common entrance,after repeating JS1 and JS 2 twice,his dad was called in by his school principal(govt school) to come and carry away his ward!!My uncle not knowing what to do,send my cousin down to Lagos to live with us and join my little brother in his school(they are both age-mates but my brother is in SS3).
In Lagos,he couldn't pass the qualifying exam to my broher's school so we had to make do with one of those secondary schools that don't arrange such exams. In school,the results didn't change 22nd/24 students after 3 attempts in the same class?haba.He also possesses criminal tendencies as he forged his last term results,he doesn't write notes claiming he's a slow writer and its a natural liar. His parents are confused.
Surely there are parents who's wards aren't(weren't) doing well academically,what's the way out? sad

as far as I know, no child is a block head..........

try n read this book "rich kid smart kid" written by Robert kiyosaki

1 Like

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Fernandinho: 12:10pm On Aug 03, 2014
Abbey2sam:

as far as I know, no child is a block head..........

try n read this book "rich kid smart kid" written by Robert kiyosaki

That book is good. My dad actually bought it for me. No be say i be olodo oooh grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Abbey2sam(m): 12:17pm On Aug 03, 2014
Fernandinho:

That book is good. My dad actually bought it for me. No be say i be olodo oooh grin grin grin grin grin

actually the book is not for olodos. ..........its a guild on how to guild this kind of children who are academically not sound.........

and it's very good to read.......

1 Like

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by uken73(m): 1:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
nedu2000: ur dad really tried,but to be sincere lemme wash a lil' dirty linen in public,the parents are to the largest degree response!!the dad is hated by the rest of household for being a womaniser,the wife is so lazy that when he was schooling in onitsha she all gave reasons why she doesn't 'ave time to attend her own son's open day,by the time he was thrown out this housewife never set foot into her child's school twas always the dad!!,when she came to collect the child after the latest setback,my mum really blasted her for her nonchalant attitude in terms of the boy's education. So to a larger degree,its the parents. But after an extended family meeting both parents 'ave decided to turn a new leaf in terms of focusing on d boys academics & future but I hope its not too late,he's 16
It may be more difficult now, but I won't say it's too late. One just needs to be careful with the approach as I mentioned earlier. Both parents decision to turn a new leaf is the 1st step. Next is to talk to the child. Likely the child is displeased with his academic performance but must have given up. He needs to be encouraged and made to understand that it's not too late. All parties should read the book "Gifted Hands" and review together. If the boy finds it difficult to read it, he can be made to watch the video version (not sure he has as much details as the book as I couldn't be patient to watch it having already read the book). Prayers can also be of help. With God all things are possible.
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by tuchi2: 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2014
Except the guy is suffering frm altrisim which is not the end. I have seen a girl knwn to be dull in my class frm jss 1 to ss1 and all of a sudden rose to be one of the best frm ss1 to ss3. Personall determination is very key!

1 Like

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by simdam500(m): 4:55pm On Aug 03, 2014
alutacontinua: It's not possible wink
that's why I perform IQ test on any guy that comes close to me cheesy
wink wink
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by simdam500(m): 5:02pm On Aug 03, 2014
I'm one too...

But Nl's are brilliant
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Appswheel(m): 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2014
HE SHOULD GO AND LEARN A PRACTICAL SKILL

TRAINING OPPORTUNITY: LAN, CCTV TRAINING IN LAGOS NIGERIA

ATTRACTION: Unemployed participants are guaranteed contract job opportunities within 4 months of training, while the top 3 who are identified as high flyers will be assisted to secured employment.

Who should attend?
1.Individuals looking to boost their employment quotient
2.Individuals who want to be self employed.
3.IT personnel’s in government, private organisations where this facilities are in use.

Find a breakdown of the training course work. The training is scheduled for Aug 25 – 29, 2014.

To register for the training, visit http://www.appswheel.com/lagos-nigeria-cctv-and-lan-training-aug-25-29-2014/

Venue: No. 94A Bode Thomas Surulere Lagos.

Enquiry: 07052193183

DAY 1

Registration

1. Introduction to Local Area Networking (LAN)

2. Exposure to LAN tools and Components.

Punch down
LAN Tester
Face Plate
Path rest
Trucks
Labeller
network Module
DAY 2

Practical Class, participants will learn

How to assembly a rack.
How to manage Network cables.
How to terminate Network cables on Modules
How to terminate network cables on patch panel
How to Crimp a Cable.
DAY 3

Practical class, participants will

Set up a LAN
Learn how to trouble shoot a faulty LAN set up
How to use Cable organisers.
DAY 4

Introduction to Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Surveillance System.
How to terminate a BNC connector.
Practical Set up of a CCTV
How to configure a Digital Video Recorder (DVR)
How to position indoor and outdoor cameras
DAY 5

How to trouble shoot a faulty CCTV set up
How to draw a floor plan
Revision of Course work
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by p4pako: 8:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
nedu2000: but u 'ave to admit its easier in life if ur at least educated,tuface is just a one-off

Please, don't compare 2baba with this guy. 2baba attended secondary school that is why he could try out higher education for awhile b4 realising its not for him.

Besides, that guy is not dull. What he needs is wanting academic success and the determination to get it through hard work.
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Itoroetti(m): 9:04pm On Aug 03, 2014
chimauk: heey,u dint have to bring his fada into dis.it shows u Dn't respect ur dad too.plss grow a dick nt stop acting girlish.its a social site dude.dnt quote me plsss cos I wnt see it.

u are the one acting blind and stupld here.
is GEJ not someone's father?
why must he abused him when nobody in his familly has ever achieved a quater of what d man has achieved.oh!i forgot u are same as him.
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by uboma(m): 7:54am On Aug 04, 2014
Tucees: Word! Uboma hope you read this? Break out of that bubble you live in and face reality! Dull is in the dictionary for a purpose.

Have you finally read the op's post about the poor foundation the little boy had while growing up? The parents had little or no time to show interest in his school work...

When you don't know jack about something, please keep quiet and learn from those who have had similar experiences instead of displaying your ignorance publicly...
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by uboma(m): 8:34am On Aug 04, 2014
blink182: TB Joshua can not help? God can not help? The impunity with which people like you insult God is appalling like He is just another human being. Have you been to the SCOAN or have empirical evidence that Joshua is a fraud? I am very sorry for you and the path you have chosen.

Now to the discussion. Who told you no one is born dull? I am rather shocked at the number of people who agree with you. It is like you live in this bubble created by your imagination. I have a friend that is dull actually I have friends but I will focus on this one guy because all his siblings I know are dull and unable to pass exams on their own. We were in the same primary school together, same class with me and his younger sister in the same class with my younger sister and my younger sister was in touch with even younger siblings that did poorly in class. Their dad was a full time politician and mum was a full time house wife. There was nothing their parents didn't do to help them learn. Even as a kid I could notice how hard their parents tried to help them learn. Their problem was not the inability to learn but the ability to retain what they had learnt. It cut across all spheres of their life where they had to learn then remember after some time. Now what do you say to that? My friend and most if not all his siblings are currently in the uk and really do not need to bother about making their own money like most of us.

That is just one case. I know a 16 year old girl who just wrote her primary 6 exam with little chance off passing, she has a cousin like her too-the cousin has actually stopped trying to be in school and her parents understand. This girl I know has a 12 year old sister under the same roof with her in JSS 2. Who do we blame in this case?

And what is this talk about using derogatory words. We are Africans not Europeans or Americans. That is what africans do to prevent a person doing the wrong thing to correct itself. Why do you think so many nairalanders bash and laugh at people when they are down when they should be giving encouragement? It is built into our psyche, that is how africans-true africans think. We do not pamper failure with the hope it will correct itself. When you fail this term and get flogged by your dad followed by mouth bashing from mum which often lasts a term and get reminded of your failure whenever you miss any house chore. Next term, you will struggle to out do yourself.

No wonder so many new parents are failures with raising up their kids.

We shouldn't deceive ourselves with vocational training, if the boy can't learn in class, he most likely can't learn anywhere. He doesn't seem like someone who wants to learn at all. I wonder how he got this way. Does he know how hard it is to survive in society when you have nothing to offer.

For emphasis sake, i will repeat that no one is born a dullard. A child may be slow in learning but that doesn't qualify him as a dullard. God created all of us in a marvelous ways and blessed each of us with UNIQUE traits/qualities. Child A may be good in writing and spelling while child B may just be good in painting/drawing. So calling one of God's children a dullard, you are implying that God didn't create him well...

From the examples cited above, can you REALLY tell the foundation of these children Of course NO. You did not live with them, hence, your judgment about them is POOR. In one of the examples, you pointed out that the father was a full time politician and the mother, a full time house wife. The father spending quality time with his children is therefore ruled out. Can you REALLY tell if the mother was always there for these children in terms of their school work, even though she is a full time housewife? You obviously have no facts, hence, keep quiet.

Saying that derogatory words are used and should be used by Africans to prevent a person from doing a wrong thing is FALLACY. I wonder why YOU, with your level of education so far, will reason this way... Calling someone derogatory names or even comparing him/her to his mates who may be doing better will not bring out the best in that child...

Another statement you made which really got me thinking as to your level of intellect and exposure is, *if a boy can't learn in class, he most likely can't learn anywhere...* I wonder where you got that from. There are countless renowned individuals today who didn't perform well in school, some had to drop out of school because of very poor performance. But these same individuals have made names for themselves in their chosen fields. Some of these men, you and i even make use of their products and services.

My point is, don't look down on anyone... If someone is slow in learning, please help him/her to discover their potentials if you can and if you can't, DON'T CALL THEM NAMES...

I hope you finally read the op's post where he pointed out that the child in question had a poor foundation...
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 04, 2014
uboma:

For emphasis sake, i will repeat that no one is born a dullard. A child may be slow in learning but that doesn't qualify him as a dullard. God created all of us in a marvelous ways and blessed each of us with UNIQUE traits/qualities. Child A may be good in writing and spelling while child B may just be good in painting/drawing. So calling one of God's children a dullard, you are implying that God didn't create him well...

From the examples cited above, can you REALLY tell the foundation of these children Of course NO. You did not live with them, hence, your judgment about them is POOR. In one of the examples, you pointed out that the father was a full time politician and the mother, a full time house wife. The father spending quality time with his children is therefore ruled out. Can you REALLY tell if the mother was always there for these children in terms of their school work, even though she is a full time housewife? You obviously have no facts, hence, keep quiet.

Saying that derogatory words are used and should be used by Africans to prevent a person from doing a wrong thing is FALLACY. I wonder why YOU, with your level of education so far, will reason this way... Calling someone derogatory names or even comparing him/her to his mates who may be doing better will not bring out the best in that child...

Another statement you made which really got me thinking as to your level of intellect and exposure is, *if a boy can't learn in class, he most likely can't learn anywhere...* I wonder where you got that from. There are countless renowned individuals today who didn't perform well in school, some had to drop out of school because of very poor performance. But these same individuals have made names for themselves in their chosen fields. Some of these men, you and i even make use of their products and services.

My point is, don't look down on anyone... If someone is slow in learning, please help him/her to discover their potentials if you can and if you can't, DON'T CALL THEM NAMES...

I hope you finally read the op's post where he pointed out that the child in question had a poor foundation...
I have no time for your likes, its a Monday morning please bounce.
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by allycat: 8:56am On Aug 04, 2014
I agree with that this child may have a learning disability, yes he has a poor background but many children whose parents don't have time for them still do well academically. I remember meeting a family with a son of about 10 whom they complained of incessantly, they said he was dull, stubborn and rascally. He only did things when the parents shouted and beat him. It turned out the boy was partially deaf and only heard when they shouted. He was actually intelligent and taught himself to lip read that's why it wasn't obvious when they talked facing him. The parents are now feeling so guilty but Thank God he was eventually diagnosed and is now wearing hearing aids and doing well in school. There are other problems like high functioning autism known as Aspergers or dyslexia that can affect a child and if the child is unfortunate enough to be in a society like ours he or she is doomed.
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by uboma(m): 9:05am On Aug 04, 2014
blink182: I have no time for your likes, its a Monday morning please bounce.

And you think i have your time Its funny how the truth hurts...
Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 04, 2014
uboma:

And you think i have your time Its funny how the truth hurts...
its obvious you are the hurt one. I do not remember insulting you in my first write up but you had to make a case so bad that will hurt me you resorted to insulting me. My aim was not to hurt you or your bloated ego. You really can't get back at me because I'm not taking this as personal as you did.

If you had presented your case politely I would have taken each point you made and rendered it useless because they are mostly useless and poorly thought. You should have focused on countering the case I made fully and not try to attack my person.

Nairaland is just an online forum for discussion, relaxing and mingling , you are not supposed to get too attached to whatever happens here, its such a pity. From the little talk we've had here and the psychological profile of you I have, you must be a really lonely person or just jobless. Go get a girlfriend or commit some atrocity that will get people to focus on you and distract you from here.

Stick to your opinion while I stick to mine, hopefully some other time when we meet on another thread and share divergent views there might just be another opening for a debate. Most likely by tomorrow I won't remember your user ID so then I will relate with you like this never happened. Who knows, we might share same opinion on whatever is being discussed then.

Do not reply me because you already killed this conversation.

Safe.

1 Like

Re: What If You Have An Academic Blockhead For A Child! by Tucees(f): 10:32am On Aug 04, 2014
uboma:

Have you finally read the op's post about the poor foundation the little boy had while growing up? The parents had little or no time to show interest in his school work...

When you don't know jack about something, please keep quiet and learn from those who have had similar experiences instead of displaying your ignorance publicly...
You are a pathetic! I see a dullard trait in you! Assimilation deficiency. Address my post where I said your attention is needed then I might consider a meaningful dialogue with you until then buzz off and keep off my handle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Some Nigerian Men And Their Popular "I Will Marry U Syndrome" / Why Should A Wife Deny Her Husband Sex & What To Do If It Was You / Should I Be More Selfish?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.