Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,508 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? (8027 Views)

Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki / Lekki Seaport And International Airport On Course -fashola / First Cargo Ships Berth At Onitsha Seaport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by rozayx5(m): 11:37am On Aug 03, 2014
Of recent questions to hold our leaders accountable have started popping up on this section, and its a very welcome trend i must say.
if anybody has any construction updates would be glad to see

https://www.nairaland.com/1344968/construction-seaport-airport-begins-lekki

lekki airport to commence operations in 2012

https://www.nairaland.com/809152/lekki-epe-intl-airport-commence-operation

Please no insults, just facts (pictures)

20 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by Omexonomy: 12:18pm On Aug 03, 2014
rozayx5: Of recent questions to hold our leaders accountable have started popping up on this section, and its a very welcome trend i must say.

na wa for u. You want to say u dont know the tricks and lies of APC and their minions

14 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by surveyProf(m): 12:22pm On Aug 03, 2014
LoL Perhaps only on pictures!!!

14 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by lakpalakpa: 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2014
Where is our 10, 000MW??

grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by 1wolex85: 12:25pm On Aug 03, 2014
Good question, all our leaders should be made to fulfill thier promises. Apc supporters or any other person who hasva progress report or otherwise should tell us.

@op, I know you only opened this thread in response to the thread on power, u dont care about lagos.

Apc supporters pls ignore the intentions of this op and lets state it as it is here, where is the airport and seaport?

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by Firefire(m): 12:26pm On Aug 03, 2014
rozayx5: Of recent questions to hold our leaders accountable have started popping up on this section, and its a very welcome trend i must say.

The Leki-Epe Airport is part of the gimmick of ACN turned APC to deceive Lagosians grin

18 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by Firefire(m): 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2014
1wolex85: Good question, all our leaders should be made to fulfill thier promises. Apc supporters or any other person who hasva progress report or otherwise should tell us.

@op, I know you only opened this thread in response to the thread on power, u dont care about lagos.

Apc supporters pls ignore the intentions of this op and lets state it as it is here, where is the airport and seaport?

I appeal to Honorable Ekoile1, Aresa and the stanch followers and supporters of APC to please direct us to where this facility is situated with clear pictures.

God bless your dreams.

11 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 03, 2014
...where's our 10,000mw, did ur Jonathan not say insurgency would end before last year ended?.......give me a positive answer to this, then i will tell u where the seaport is....I'm not justifying ACN, i just hate the propaganda for which this thread is meant to promote. Its a case of the Kettle calling the pot 'black'. Sorry kettle, u can only boil water....the pot will boil the water too and still cook the food for us.

5 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by gramci: 1:17pm On Aug 03, 2014
I used the Airport last night in my sleep

12 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by mogentle(m): 1:24pm On Aug 03, 2014
Samakinr: ...where's our 10,000mw, did ur Jonathan not say insurgency would end before last year ended?.......give me a positive answer to this, then i will tell u where the seaport is....
GBAM!!! PDP Propaganda.
Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by gratieao: 2:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
Op na only you waka come?
#jump inside lekki beach

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by Brimmie(m): 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2014
shocked grin
Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2014
Let me sound a warning to you all... whether you create threads to counter one another... those men will keep making millions.

The earlier Nigerian youth demand for their rights, the better for the future. The last thing I would do is take side with those bastards and create a thread to counter another, just because someone created a thread to lambast a party I like.

The Nigerian youths are the biggest fools in the circus... angry

9 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by rozayx5(m): 2:34pm On Aug 03, 2014
gramci: I used the Airport last night in my sleep

Chinolization showed us pics of 2nd niger bridge being constructed, even It's a container they have Let them show us

5 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by rozayx5(m): 2:38pm On Aug 03, 2014
2sExy1: Let me sound a warning to you all... whether you create threads to counter one another... those men will keep making millions.

The earlier Nigerian youth demand for their rights, the better for the future. The last thing I would do is take side with those bastards and create a thread to counter another, just because someone created a thread to lambast a party I like.

The Nigerian youths are the biggest fools in the circus... angry

this has nothing to do with my thread,
PDP has many failed promises so do the hypocritical APC, how can we have a reasonable opposition when we cant ask them questions as the youth??

7 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by rozayx5(m): 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2014
Samakinr: ...where's our 10,000mw, did ur Jonathan not say insurgency would end before last year ended?.......give me a positive answer to this, then i will tell u where the seaport is....

use the bouncing castle please, this is not a kids section

lakpalakpa: Where is our 10, 000MW??
grin grin grin

please use the playground

3 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by vivalavida(m): 2:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
Shebi e dey for lekki?
Berem,come answer naa

7 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by aresa: 2:51pm On Aug 03, 2014

I don't even know what a private project in Lagos state got to do with $20 billion public funds power project scamfest that left us in darkness...

I tell you, these unintelligent and illiterates trolls are not helping their crooked and incompetent masters..
Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
Same Question I asked two months ago, when I went to lekki Epe area grin

APC I bow

Finest Boy said so.

9 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 03, 2014
rozayx5:

PDP has many failed promises so do the hypocritical APC, how can we have a reasonable opposition when we cant ask them questions as the youth??
Search your self buddy, you are contradicting yourself.

You don't like APC and that's a fact! PDP was Edo State's worse nightmare until APC came. Take Akpabio , a man, and angel, a messenger to the people, one I respect so much, out of PDP and I don't see any other governor that can march APC's achievements nationwide.

Its just unfortunate that APC has muddled things in a very unpleasant form that I detest.
Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by rozayx5(m): 2:56pm On Aug 03, 2014
aresa:

I don't even know what a private project in Lagos state got to do with $20 billion public funds power project scamfest that left us in darkness...

I tell you, these unintelligent and illiterates trolls are not helping their crooked and incompetent masters..

you were displaying airbus pictures and cabinets as the terminal of the lekki Airport in the main thread , so i will just assume your a blind person and i can forgive you for that

NEXT

4 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by rozayx5(m): 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2014
2sExy1: Search your self buddy, you are contradicting yourself.

You don't like APC and that's a fact! PDP was Edo State's worse nightmare until APC came. Take Akpabio , a man, and angel, a messenger to the people, one I respect so much, out of PDP and I don't see any other governor that can march APC's achievements nationwide.

Its just unfortunate that APC has muddled things in a very unpleasant form that I detest.

derailing please 2sexy stop this, your above it
the akpabio your praising here, even as an Akwa Ibomite on ground i know his shortcomings am not a blind akpabio boy, I know how much he has transformed my state but i still know there are areas he needs to improve a lot.

3 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by Firefire(m): 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
gramci: I used the Airport last night in my sleep

Is your name Joseph ? grin

4 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by aresa: 3:16pm On Aug 03, 2014
[s]
rozayx5:
you were displaying airbus pictures and cabinets as the terminal of the lekki Airport in the main thread , so i will just assume your a blind person and i can forgive you for that
NEXT
[/s]

illiterate, that was showing the kinds of plane allowed to land there because of the Class F ratings which the airstrip in your village can only dream of..

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 03, 2014
rozayx5:

derailing please 2sexy stop this, your above it
the akpabio your praising here, even as an Akwa Ibomite on ground i know his shortcomings am not a blind akpabio boy,
ITS YOUR THREAD MAN... I dont take side when it comes to issues like this... and you should learn to do same!

both parties are bad and dangerous.
Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by Gbawe: 3:17pm On Aug 03, 2014
1wolex85: Good question, all our leaders should be made to fulfill thier promises. Apc supporters or any other person who hasva progress report or otherwise should tell us.

I normally avoid threads like these because they are mischief-driven effort started by bigoted Nairalanders who "don't care about Lagos" and have nil interest in seeing progress anywhere in the SW. Yet from the way you have spoken reasonably it is obvious there are many Nigerians out there who genuinely want progress report on these laudable and much-awaited projects.

The long and short of it is that virtually all these projects, and many others like the cable car transport line, will be driven by private sector funding and expertise in a PPP arrangement between Lagos State and investors who are willing to plough their cash into these and other infrastructural development project requiring vast sums of money Lagos does not have. Lagos has led innovatively via using the PPP path to bypass an indolent and fruitless reliance on an ultra-corrupt FG that has fallen ridiculously behind with its own infrastructural responsibility to Nigeria let alone be relied upon to assist Lagos with these projects which are vital for the whole of Nigeria.

As such, one would expect every Nigerian to look forward to the actualisation of these superb large-scale projects instead of this "enemy within' antics we see, day in day out, from OP and his likes who do not view themselves as Nigerians and only live to antagonise others they hate with clannish zeal.

The fact is that these projects are delayed because they are entirely reliant on Lagos attracting and securing the right type and number of investors who will support these plans with their cash and expert skills. Fashola himself has stated this many times while these god-forsaken mischief-makers continue to dance around gleefully as if it is a State in a Country that is the enemy of Nigeria they are talking about. Sensible Nigerians , into progress and cognisant of what these projects mean for Nigeria and even the West African corridor, would be behind these ambitious and superlative plans that will be 'game-changers' for our entire Nation .

Any balanced person will realise that, unlike many abandoned FG-led projects with billions sunk in already, these projects are PPP arrangement with the burden of financing and even development on the private sector. Till solid investments is on ground, adequately mobilised and ready to go, with every legality tied up, then these kind of delays are entirely understandable. Lagos continues to do its preparatory work. Below Fashola, a few months ago, explains the situation and it is tragic to see mischief online that show how Nigerians hate each other and are their own biggest enemies.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/02/lekki-international-airport-project-course-fashola/

Lekki International Airport project on course – Fashola

on February 26, 2014 / in News 1:26 pm / Comments

Lagos – Gov. Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State said on Tuesday night that the state government had not jettisoned its plan to build an international airport in Lekki area of the state.

Fashola told State House correspondents in Lagos that the delay in actual take-off of the project did not mean it had been abandoned.

He said that the state government had already done all the preparatory work on the project and was engaging the right investors to translate it to fruition.

According to him, what the government plans to build is an international airport that will live to its true name and comply with the best aviation standards.

[b]“There are airports and there are airports. What we think Lagos deserves is a truly international airport that can compete globally. And those are not the kinds of airports that government would build and run.

“We have acquired the land for the project, government is fencing the land. We are doing the financial and the technical study of the project.

“We already know what it will look like because we have already done the concept design. We have in fact done all the preparatory work.

“But there are people whose business it is to build airports. They do it for a living and those are the people we are talking to.

“We have done the international bids, seven of these investors have been shortlisted. These are people who have handled similar projects successfully in other parts of the world.

“We are seeking the partnership of these people to instal equipment; scanners, data capture machines and others, and run the airport and keep it functional because it is their core business.

“That is the kind of plan we have for the airports because the state is a centre of excellence and it deserves nothing short of the best,” he said.

Fashola said he would not promise a completion date of the project, but assured that government would complete the airport at the best time possible.[/b]

The governor said the project as well as the proposed Lekki Deep Sea Port would create opportunities as it would stimulate businesses.

According to him, the airport is one of the many projects the government is executing simultaneously to better the lives of residents and make the state a megacity.

He listed some of the other projects as the Apapa regeneration project, expansion of Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Ikorodu Road and the light rail project.

The governor said he was satisfied with the progress of work on Lagos-Badagry Expressway and would continue to interact closely with the contractors, to ensure accelerated delivery of the project.

“We are also happy with the progress of work on our light rail project. We have completed essentially Mile 2 to Costain.

“The last terminus at the National Theatre is nearing completion as most of the inner fittings at the terminus have been done.

“We are heading from there to Marina and things will soon take shape there as soon as the contractors are back from their holidays,” he said.

Fashola said the government’s cable cars project was also being pursued to complement other transportation solutions that had been put in place.

The governor said he would leave a legacy of impact and enduring projects at the expiration of his tenure in May 2015.

On whether he had any fears about what governance would become in the state after his exit, Fashola said he had no fears as government in Lagos was about institutions and not persons.

He, however, said he hoped to have a successor that would perform better than him and reduce his achievements to child’s play.

“I hope the next governor would do in two years what we have been able to do in four years, and with that happening, it is going to be to the benefit of all,” he said. (NAN

6 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by aresa: 3:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
rozayx5:

Ignorant illiterate.

Lekki airport is a privately financed project

Lekki seaport is a privately financed project

Electricity generation and transmission is a FG monopoly with over $20 billion scam worth of darkness in 16 years.

Do we have to spell it out to you people like elementary school kids...lmao

6 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by rozayx5(m): 3:22pm On Aug 03, 2014
aresa: [img][/img]

illiterate, that was showing the kinds of plane allowed to land there because of the Class F ratings which the airstrip in your village can only dream of..

ok after calling yourself illiterate can you please show us where the dream plane will land in reality undecided

8 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by rozayx5(m): 3:24pm On Aug 03, 2014
aresa:

Ignorant illiterate.

Lekki airport is a privately financed project

Lekki seaport is a privately financed project

Electricity generation and transmission is a FG monopoly with over $20 billion scam worth of darkness in 16 years.

Do we have to spell it out to you people like elementary school kids...lmao

the bolded shows your still living in OBJ era
the light we are using here in Eket is from IBOM power plant built by the Akwa Ibom State Government

derailer
NEXT

8 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 03, 2014
rozayx5:

....alright....when you have lost reason for an answer, u will end up blackmailing oppositions....thesame tactics ur co-corruptor is adopting.
Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 03, 2014

APC roaches flooding this thread to defend their paymasters

11 Likes

Re: Where Is The Lekki Airport And Seaport ? by Descartes: 3:26pm On Aug 03, 2014
rozayx5:

Well said cool

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Orders FG To Allow Dasuki Access To His Lawyers / (Opinion) The Positive Effect Of Open Direct Primaries In Nigeria Democracy. / Ifeanyi Okowa Felicitates With Atiku On His 76th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.