Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1812498 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Samod1(m): 2:49pm On Apr 21, 2022
Hello
Thanks for this awesome information, I really appreciate this post.
If you want to learn how to make 50-100k online in a week kindly send me a direct message on WhatsApp through my signature below, you will be added to the free tutorial WhatsApp group immediately
Note: the tutorial is free, nobody will ask you for any tutorial fee in my WhatsApp group
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Samod1(m): 2:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
Hello
Thanks for this awesome information, I really appreciate this post.
If you want to learn how to make 50-100k online in a week kindly send me a direct message on WhatsApp, you will be added to the free tutorial WhatsApp group immediately
Note: the tutorial is free, nobody will ask you for any tutorial fee in my WhatsApp group
You can send me a direct WhatsApp message through my signature below
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by jerrisonjeff(m): 7:31pm On Apr 23, 2022
Ikeali:
Please who knows this company ravtech solutions in Building 36, Nationwide Ogba, Lagos. How genuine is this.
Scammmmmm
I got same from two different company bht same address
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by agrocentric: 10:39am On Apr 25, 2022
There is a Teaching Job opportunity at a reputable Secondary School in OTA, OGUN STATE

Subject Teachers needed
x Biology
x Mathematics / Further Maths
x English Language / Literature-in-English
x Chemistry / Basic Science

Prospective candidates should call/whatsapp number 08162977432 or send a mail to famouseduconsult@gmail.com
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 25, 2022
georgeeme:
please do anyone know about DD sunlola network and initiative ltd.
Good day,I just got a text-invite by DD Sunlola's network as Team Lead, Please,how realistic are they?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Desammyst(m): 1:12pm On Apr 26, 2022
I just got the below invite today. Please how true is it?

Hi Applicant, based on your CV submission, You are hereby invited for an oral interview at Beco Nigeria LTD. on Tuesday 28/4/2022 by 9am. 248 Nnebisi road Opp. Wema Bank, Asaba. TME 16

Anyone with an idea if they are real.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Benwon: 7:38pm On Apr 27, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
JOB VACANCY
A reputable company urgently needs a good truck driver in Port Harcourt. Contact me if interested
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by memyselfni555: 8:39am On Apr 28, 2022
Desammyst:

Hi Applicant, based on your CV submission, You are hereby invited for an oral interview at Beco Nigeria LTD. on Tuesday 28/4/2022 by 9am. 248 Nnebisi road Opp. Wema Bank, Asaba. TME 16

GNLD People
Stay away
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by aabdulrasheed: 2:27pm On Apr 30, 2022
Pls I got assessment centre mail for Union bank Bootcamp at Lagos
I stay at the north , does it worth going to Lagos for ?
What's the assessment centre like ?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by jerrisonjeff(m): 8:06pm On May 01, 2022
aabdulrasheed:
Pls I got assessment centre mail for Union bank Bootcamp at Lagos
I stay at the north , does it worth going to Lagos for ?
What's the assessment centre like ?

Y apply for job down west wen u are up north?
Do u have someone that stays in lagos?
If yes... Is the person staying close to the firm?
If no... Then y apply for a job u know getting accomodation will be hard?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by MajorLanister: 6:37pm On May 02, 2022
Increase your chances of being employed. Get an online portfolio website and a CV for just 20k. DM portfoliocv2022@gmail.com asap.

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nikimanni7: 8:07pm On May 02, 2022
Hello, Please I got this interview invite. Are there scammers or legit?
Anyone with ideas?

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by 816ol: 10:34pm On May 02, 2022
Good evening, please I got this mails, yesterday and today. Please how genuine are they??

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nikimanni7: 11:35pm On May 02, 2022
I got email too.

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nikimanni7: 11:35pm On May 02, 2022
I got same email too.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Opedammy(f): 11:41am On May 05, 2022
We are a reputable Architectural Firm located in Lagos, seeking a highly committed individual with verifiable proven experience for the role of Assistant IT Officer.

Job Description
Job Summary
The Assistant IT officer will be mainly responsible for the smooth running of computer systems, routers, switches, internet and ensure users get maximum benefits from them.
Other Responsibilities
Offer daily operations and systems support to personnel
Setting up of computer LAN for new outlet while providing solution to i.t matters concurrently.
Verify functionality of hardware and software components
Conduct consistent network backup operations
Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners
Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
Restricting access to unauthorized site, downloads and users.
Setting up accounts for staff, educate them on log in and resolve issues arising
Troubleshoot hardware and software issues
Investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults
Repairing equipment and replacing parts, checking computer equipment for electrical safety
Maintaining records of software licenses

Requirements
BSc in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related field
Minimum of 2 years cognate experience in an IT-related field.

Knowledge of systems engineering, computer maintenance, server administration, installation, repair, and troubleshooting.
Knowledge of computer networking, LAN, WLAN installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
Good interpersonal skills should be able to interact with all staff across all levels and cadre
Creative, open to new ideas, and able to multi-task effectively

Salary: Very Attractive.
Qualified candidates should send CVs to hr@gebit-ng.com using job title as subject of the mail.
Application closes on May 11, 2022.
Please note; ONLY suitable applicants will be contacted.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by 2Legitsales(m): 2:07pm On May 06, 2022
Job Title:
only fans chatter / Writer

Experience:
Must have at least, 6 months of experience working as chatter on onlyfans, this is required.

Pay: 110k to 200k Basic. You will also earn commission and bonuses.

Description:
You will be working for an agency with a lot of big spenders, so you will have to bring in your A-Game.

Working hours will be 4 pm to 12 am GMT. A laptop, Good internet, and a steady power supply during work hours are mandatory.

Qualified candidates should send CVs to Easygig2015@gmail.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dazzle47: 3:10pm On May 07, 2022
Based on your CV submission on Jeotech Logistics,Beco LTD invite you for an interview on Saturday 7/5/22 by 9am@248 Nnebisi Rd,Opp.Wema bank Asaba.TMB7456

I got this yesterday, thanks to this platform I got to know it is GNLD something something. But the thing is I actually applied for the job 'jeotech logistics' thanks be to God, I decided to browse about before leaving this morning...that's when I saw this post. It looked so genuine I almost fell for it. Only God knows how many people have fallen and will still fall for this.

Let us all be careful
Desammyst:

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by MCgentle77: 5:58pm On May 10, 2022
Please I got an interview invite from FORESIGHT HR, tomorrow at building 36 Yaya, albatan nationwide bus stop ogba
Do anyone know about them please?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Walepro7: 11:34pm On May 10, 2022
Hello house
I need a guide on how to complete Assessment of competencies with two examples each
Can anyone Guide me on how to write it
employability skills which include
Self management
Team work
Business and consumer awareness
Problem solving and critical thinking
Application of numeracy
Application of IT:
Entrepreneurship/enterprise:
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by vunajohn(m): 10:06am On May 13, 2022
Is building 36 at ogba opposite nationwide filling station a scam cos i received invitation and I also applied for it

LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by vunajohn(m): 10:10am On May 13, 2022
Thanks for the information cos have been invited on Monday but na to run

jerrisonjeff:

Scammmmmm
I got same from two different company bht same address

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.