Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1809219 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by DanceVille: 9:13am On Jul 03, 2023
Do you need help with your curriculum vitae and cover letter? I'm the best plug (writer) for you.
I have noticed lot of mistakes in many CVs these days and might be the reason why you're not getting job invites. Let me assist you in writing an ATS OPTIMIZED Curriculum Vitae that will help you in getting your dream job.

And the best part of my service is, It's delivery before payment, which means you'll have to review the work first before paying

Check out for my details below.

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Emyjes(m): 10:27am On Jul 03, 2023
Please i need help o

Sequel to your Application;
You Have been recommended For An Interview With EMD GLOBAL LIMITED
DATE: 5th July, 2023
TIME: 8am

OFFICE ADDRESS: BISIOGABI PLOT 8a OFF LADIPO KASUMU INSIDE TINUADE STREET OPPOSITE FIRST BANK OPEBI ALLEN IKEJA LAGOS.

HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
OFFICE PHONE: NANCY IKE 09021182737
CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION TO PROCEED THE INTERVIEW PROCESS

Note :. Credentials to come with:
- Come along with a passport photograph.
- Your CV either soft copy or Hard copy.

All THE BEST

I just want to find out if the company is real and the address safe

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by remzytimer: 8:02am On Jul 04, 2023
*Copied*

Dear Candidates and Colleagues,
Please pass or share this information to your Mosque/ Church members, group chats, NYSC members, children, family and friends who are seriously job hunting.

WARNING:
if anybody invites you for a job interview to any of the following addresses below: DO NOT GO!!!

1. Plot 5, Voda Paint Plc,University Press House, Fumec Bus Stop Off Adeniyi Jones Ogba Lagos.

2. 3rd floor, 8 Thomas Salako Street, Ogba Bus-Stop, Ikeja Lagos.

3. No 2, Sunday street, off Ikorodu, Palmgrove, Lagos

4. 65c Opebi road, opposite glass house by Salvation b/stop, Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos.

5. HYINSCO Office. No. 4, 2nd floor, upward Sanitas outlet, Alara street, Off commercial avenue, Onike, Sabo Yaba, Lagos.

6. Plot 5, university press building, along industrial road, Ogba, Lagos.

7. 4B, Ogungbeye street Oppt African shine by cadbury bus stop, Agidingbi ikeja Lagos

8. Plot 14, Block A, Voda Paint, Surulere House, Off Fumec bus-stop, Surulere industrial road, Ogba, Lagos.

9. No 4, AlhajiOgungbeye Street off Amaraolu road, opposite Mega chicken bus stop by first gate, Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos.

10)1, Olabisi close, MENDE, Maryland (Lagos resident only) HR *080-7464-5567*

11)32, olufemi Road, off ogunlana drive, Surulere Lagos, YDNJI.

12) 13, Ajumobi street, off Acme Road, Mega chicken bus stop, Ikeja, Lagos.

13) 6, Deji oyenuga Street, opposite Kehinde odusote Estate, Anthony Village.

14) No. 1 SHONOLA street OGBA

Others are at Egbeda, IKEJA behind Jabita hotel by Balogun bustop, ALAUSA, so many in Ibadan, Osun state. They are everywhere. now.

Send your family and friends the full address, date and time for the interview

PLEASE NOTE:
No 3 & 10 are ritualists. Please try to inform whoever you know to be careful and always inform someone else when going for any interview giving full address of Interview location and name.

Never ever go for Interviews at a place you never applied for a job. Even the ones you genuinely applied should be cross checked before the interview date.

Any interview invite that is less than 24hours before the date should be investigated and treated with caution!

These days messages are sent to our phones inviting people for a job you didn't apply for. They are likely these evil people!

BE WARNED DON'T BE A VICTIM
PLEASE SHARE This important information to job seekers, Friends, lo
ved ones, family members and friends, relatives.... *Copied from a Broadcast Source*
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by jaido1616: 2:04pm On Jul 04, 2023

DATE: 6th of July, 2023

OFFICE ADDRESS: BISI OGABI PLOT 8A OFF LADIPO KASUMU INSIDE TINUADE STREET OPPOSITE FIRST BANK OPEBI ALLEN IKEJA LAGOS.

HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT:- OLABODE O.E
OFFICE PHONE:- 08135422423

All THE BEST
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by hormotaller: 12:46pm On Jul 05, 2023
Please someone should help me confirm this job interview.

Good Day Candidate,

Trust that you are doing well.

We have received and gone over your application for our customer service representative Position and we are impressed with your background.

We would like to congratulate and invite you to our Interview Stage, with our Recruitment Firm (Knights Consultancy & Co)

The available day for the interview is

Date; Thursday 6th July,2023

Time: 8am Prompt.

Venue: Hephzibah Eye Clinic Building Opposite Lagos Cooperation, Scheme1 bus/stop Oko Oba, Agege, Lagos State.

There is availability for rescheduling.

We look forward to meeting you and discussing about your qualification.

Please Come along with a copy of your CV

Do contact us if you have any Questions or Directions call or chat the Human Resources Admin 09070676572 or 09161979782

Thanks

HR Adeola

RECRUITMENT TEAM

Sent from my iPhone

On 4 Jul 2023, at 10:25, Ogbaro Omotola <hormotallerogbaro@gmail.com> wrote:

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by HenriYire(m): 11:40am On Jul 06, 2023
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!

When you finally get a legitimate job interiew, here are a few things not to say during the interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6WYN1JR3qU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRBpeej0HfE

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 3:16pm On Jul 08, 2023
Please help me identify if this is legit.

Good afternoon,

Sequel to your application for a position of Customer Service Representative, You are scheduled to come for an interview.

Date: Monday, July 10, 2023.
Time: 8am.

Venue: DOUBLE J BUILDING, Opposite Oko-Oba Scheme 1 GRA Estate bus-stop, Oko-Oba. Before Prognosy Pharmacy.

NOTE: Kindly come along with a copy of your resume.

If you have any need of direction, please do not hesitate to contact Admin, 09161979782.‬

Best regards
HR Anabel.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by fancyhan: 10:47pm On Jul 09, 2023
How to Identify a Scam/Fake Job and Interview Invitation Messages 2023:

You can avoid been scam by follow the below instructions
scams, fake jobs/recruitment, fake interview invitations are the talk of the day in Nigeria today. Thousands of Nigerians have fall victims of fake job alert and fake job interviews, most persons have been scammed, extorted, doped of money, time, and resources all in the name of seeking for a job opportunity.
Identify fake Job/recruitment 2021 Many strategies have been employed by these set of person just to extort money of job applicants across the country.

It not long that a fake Npower screening test site was opened to collect useful personal data from npower applicants, likewise the Nigeria Custom Service fake exam slip printing site was created to extort about #3,500 from NCS applicants. On a daily basis, scammers flood the internet to make money in the expenses of others not minding the financial status of the person involved.

That is why we are writing this post to awaken you to some of scammer’s tricks. How do you identify a fake job? How will I know that it is job interview? So many Job applicants are complaining and sharing their experiences in the hands of fake scam companies who send bulk SMS, inviting people for interview only to introduce them to marketing business, asking them to buy money to get the job, some even get killed or kidnapped along the line.

instance extorting #5,000 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, letting him/her waste transport fare, time all in the name of getting a job which is even a fake one.
The painful experience is wasting a whole day all in the name of job interview.

Imagine an applicant paying #3,500 for a federal government free interview/exam; this is very bad and unlawful.

Imagine a graduate scammed of #300,000 to get shell, AGIP, Mobil job among others, promising theme to make up to half a million or more within 1 month. Due to the current situation of the country they fall prey to such enticing words.
Read more below 👇👇
https://infoguidead..com/2023/07/how-to-identify-scamfake-job-and.html

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Ctony1: 1:30am On Jul 10, 2023
Pls house. What other universities offer online programs for masters aside NOUN
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2023
Good Morning Dear Candidate,

I am happy to announce you that you are shortlisted for next round of interview. So you have to come to office for physical interview tomorrow morning.
Bring your cv along with u.

Timing will be sharp 8:00 am.
Office Address:-
Atlas Plaza
KM 3 Lagos badagry express way, orile Lagos
Near Alafia Bus stop

Regards,
Pratik Ghosh
Alzico Ltd

Please, how genuine is this?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by uncleteeh(m): 3:52pm On Jul 10, 2023
8A BISI OGABI STREET OFF LADIPO KASUMU INSIDE TINUADE STREET OPPOSITE FIRST BANK OPEBI ALLEN IKEJA LAGOS

Is this address real?
EMD Global
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by uncleteeh(m): 4:00pm On Jul 10, 2023
jaido1616:

OFFICE ADDRESS: BISI OGABI PLOT 8A OFF LADIPO KASUMU INSIDE TINUADE STREET OPPOSITE FIRST BANK OPEBI ALLEN IKEJA LAGOS.

All THE BEST

I got a mail too.
Is it even real?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by sheDD(m): 1:19pm On Jul 13, 2023
walesho:
Pls help me confirm

Good afternoon, you've been shortlisted to attend an
interview for a position of "Account Officer" on Friday 28th of June, 2019 at Entourage Integrated Trust Ltd 16, Irewole Street, Opebi Link Road, Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos.Time: 9am. Come with a passport photography. Be punctual. Thank you. HR
bro how far
I know is so long time ago.
But did you later grace this interview

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by walesho(m): 1:03pm On Jul 15, 2023
sheDD:
bro how far
I know is so long time ago.
But did you later grace this interview

Nop
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by sheDD(m): 11:19pm On Jul 15, 2023
walesho:

Nop
How far mati1111
U late attend that vitalvida interview??
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by walesho(m): 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2023
sheDD:
How far mati1111
U late attend that vitalvida interview??

None
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by ifeomajoyc: 6:19am On Jul 18, 2023
It is real. I have work there before
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by HassanaHenry: 12:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
Hey guys,
I am not sure of your expectations about leaving Nigeria but if you fit in this criteria below. Click on the link below.
1. You can work in Oman. Do your personal research about their currency which is the second highest currency in the world.
2. You don't want to pay for visa or any agent if you are not desperate, The company or person will pay for it and other expenses but you will be patient because it takes time and luck.
(If you are desperate of leaving Nigeria with your money, I can also give you link but that's not on me. I am not an agent. I only found a way which I will like to share).
3. You must be between 18 - 35 years. If you are over 35, then your years of experience must be great. Please if you are close to 50, Don't disturb yourself.
4. Proficient or Fluent in English language is an advantage. Please be sure you are fluent in English.
5. Have a degree or a Professional work which you must be sure that you can do without any supervision. Please if you don't go to school, don't disturb yourself except you are ready for housekeeping, cleaning etc job. If you can do it, you can join too.
6. You must have an International passport. if you don't have, there is no way to move forward. You can join the group pending the time you get yours.

If you meet the terms and conditions. Join
https:///FFor4EhdoQBBGcU9jumg8Z

Serious minded only
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Omotemmy13: 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2023
[quote author=hormotaller post=124229039]Please someone should help me confirm this job interview.

Good Day Candidate,

Trust that you are doing well.

We have received and gone over your application for our customer service representative Position and we are impressed with your background.

We would like to congratulate and invite you to our Interview Stage, with our Recruitment Firm (Knights Consultancy & Co)

The available day for the interview is

Date; Thursday 6th July,2023

Time: 8am Prompt.

Venue: Hephzibah Eye Clinic Building Opposite Lagos Cooperation, Scheme1 bus/stop Oko Oba, Agege, Lagos State.

There is availability for rescheduling.

We look forward to meeting you and discussing about your qualification.

Please Come along with a copy of your CV

Do contact us if you have any Questions or Directions call or chat the Human Resources Admin 09070676572 or 09161979782

Thanks

HR Adeola

RECRUITMENT TEAM

Sent from my iPhone

On 4 Jul 2023, at 10:25, Ogbaro Omotola <hormotallerogbaro@gmail.com> wrote:

GNLD,na scam
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Dre183(m): 11:30pm On Jul 24, 2023
Dear candidate,

I reviewed your application for our Collection Officer job and am impressed with your background.

You are hereby invited for an interview with us.

See details below:

Date:Thursday, 27th July 2023
Time: 9:00am
Position: Collection Officer
Venue: No. 5 Ogunsiji Close Alade Estate, Off Allen Avenue Ikeja.

Kindly confirm availability.

Please come along with your CV & a recent passport photo of you.
Human Resources.

Once you get to the address, you come to the second building, third floor.

Can someone please confirm this for me?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Plight21(f): 7:49am On Jul 30, 2023
Pls, is it advisable to request a virtual interview due to some constraints after receiving a mail for a physical interview?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Dre183(m): 10:37am On Jul 30, 2023
Please who is working with Lagos Bus Service Limited here?

I got an offer of a Field Operation Assistant

I will like to know the working condition please?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Dupsy7777(f): 10:42am On Jul 31, 2023
jaido1616:

All THE BEST

I just got a mail from this address too

I know it’s been a while but did you later acknowledge it…was it real?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Dupsy7777(f): 10:44am On Jul 31, 2023
Dupsy7777:

I just got a mail from this address too

I know it’s been a while but did you later acknowledge it…was it real?

This was what they sent to me⬇️

DATE: 1st August 2023

TIME: 7:45AM

OFFICE ADDRESS: BISI OGABI PLOT 8a OFF LADIPO KASUMU INSIDE TINUADE STREET OPPOSITE FIRST BANK OPEBI ALLEN IKEJA LAGOS.

OFFICE PHONE:MRS KEMISOLA

All THE BEST

ACKNOWLEDGE IF RECEIVED

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Justusf1(m): 1:39am On Aug 02, 2023
*Hello Everyone*
*I am currently working with an AI company on a project in partnership with Google in training a module to be launched very soon.*
*Just like Chat-GPT, this will become useful in 2024 especially for students. We require just 100 people to do a 15mins task to test this AI and you'll get paid*

Please join the group below to register and get started 👇🏽
https:///G5xXhjAoniJAdeYWLwScwx

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by victomerc11: 1:25pm On Aug 05, 2023
JOB VACANCY
Name: victomerc montessori school

Requirements:
1. An experienced qualified teacher
2. Computer literate

Qualification:
Degree Holder / NCE
Send your current and detailed C.V with Cover letter to: victomercschools@gmail.com

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by OpeyemiBanire(m): 12:49pm On Aug 08, 2023
Dear Nairalanders, pls help me checkout this mail...

Should I go for the interview? cry

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by durubennie(m): 5:23pm On Aug 10, 2023
Please join our real estate whatsapp group chat. Ph only
https:///F2lyR2hc8gN1SElftM6y7m
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Opera8090(m): 2:06am On Aug 11, 2023
Emyjes:
Please i need help o

DATE: 5th July, 2023

OFFICE ADDRESS: BISIOGABI PLOT 8a OFF LADIPO KASUMU INSIDE TINUADE STREET OPPOSITE FIRST BANK OPEBI ALLEN IKEJA LAGOS.

OFFICE PHONE: NANCY IKE 09021182737
CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION TO PROCEED THE INTERVIEW PROCESS

All THE BEST

I just want to find out if the company is real and the address safe

I have interview in the same venue.... I applied for a job online at Crenet plc.

The address below was sent to me as my interview venue
Please kindly help me to confirm if its save for me to attend .

Sequels to your Application;
DATE:11 August, 2023

OFFICE PHONE: Adeyemi

All THE BEST

ACKNOWLEDGE IF RECEIVED

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.