Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? (26307 Views)

Any Permanent Cure For Rheumatism? / Febrile Seizure (febrile Convulsion) / HERBS For Permanent Cure For STAMMERING/STUTTERING (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
rutibaby: You al should fast & pray 2 God on his behalf.

God had the final cure 2 convulsion. Nothing is too big 4 our God.

Just do so & he will be healed permanently. I so much believe in prayer.

It changes situation...

what!!!! God said,He helps those who help themselves.....go see a dr..that is the help God is seeking from you and He will guide the DR's hands to the right place...stay at home and pray o and not take measures..make una no over burden God with issues you can deal with...Israel and Palestine dey call am at present now
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by Blackchampion(m): 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
JudismphD: Medical experts over to you. Is there permanent cure? Since most of you derive joy in staying at home (strike) at the expense of collective good. On the otherhand, the medical terrorist from Liberia that brought Ebola to Nigeria finally infect the doctor that treated him with the virus. Na so we go dey look, till ebola go become outbreak for government wey no fit battle boko haram con join virus join.
Crap
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by rattlesnake(m): 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
Jesus the Mighty healer

1 Like

Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
milehigh06:
grow up...jeez
Overgrow....jeez
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
PassingShot: See a doctor fast.

And please understand that putting a spoon in his mouth is not good and actually dangerous for his wellbeing. He can get injured in the process.

From my little knowledge about convulsion, the following tips will help:

1. Once he starts to convulse, take away all sharp objects and ropes including all items that could cause injuries to him.
2. Allow air to get to him while in the state of convulsion
3. Do not try to restrict him while at it
3. Ensure to assure him after an episode. it's important for his dignity.

More importantly, check online for ways to handle him better.

I pray that he is healed.

Thanks so much, bro. I appreciate!

1 Like

Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by johnkent(m): 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
Sorry about your brother!
First of all, a lot of kids do have idiopathic seizures without any known cause but having said that, a lot of things have to be ruled out first. Seizures are a Symptom of disorganized electric activity in the brain that could be caused by a whole lot of things.
First step is getting some blood work done to see if some electrolytes are out of wack and could be the cause of the problem especially hypercalcemia. If everything comes out normal, then
The next step would be getting an MRI of the brain. That immediately will tell if there are lesions or any tumor in the brain that's triggering the seizure.
If that comes out nournal and everything else has been ruled out, then Your brother probably have idiopathic seizures and will probably outgrow it. He'll need to be put on Dilantin or any other anti-seizure medication that works best for him in preventing anymore seizure episodes

4 Likes

Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
olorunmomakhe: cry feeling so sorry for d young lad... will surely do some research on it broh. Just av a positive mind set towards his situation. Remember, 'God is Able.'

Thanks bro! smiley God is sure able...
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by sod09(m): 2:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
can u people stop calling on Jesus on every opportunity..... won't u look for solution before calling on him
nawa oo
BTW Go and contact any disease, dnt use drugs and be calling jesus

1 Like

Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
sod09: I use to be a victim when I was young,since one baba gave me incision on my face....I don't convulse again

Yea! Someone gave my mum this advice. But I'm standing against it. Don't wanna support disfiguring the innocent boy's face.

1 Like

Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
Traditionaly yes there are curse for that ailment, and the medicines are simple ones, an OPC MAN, who is also a family frnd has curse 3people i no, u can contact baba saheed 4 the medicines to curse permanently.
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by chikkyberry: 2:21pm On Aug 04, 2014
Convulsion cannot occur if ther is no high fever so always ensure dat d boys temperature is not high.if he is hot expose him bath him with cold water to reduce the temperature. And temperature rise does not com without a cause, mayb malaria or any other underlining cause. , so he has to see a doc run some test and know the reason for the rise in temperatur.

2 Likes

Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 04, 2014
madridfc: Their is this local herb that was given to my younger brother when he was @d same age with Ur bro, he was also very convulsive, will ask my folks ltr anyways.. Worked like magic.
Convulsion is very very scary ailment.

Thnks bro! Do well mentioning my "moniker" when you get the herb's name. God bless!

1 Like

Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
boombay: Allow him smoke weed! undecided
does it really work? Last time I checked it doesn't.
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
ope4all: Sure! The name of JESUS can cure anything. So no shaking if anyone is infected with it. Just call on Jesus and you are whole.

smiley thanks bro! I hope he doesn't convulse again!
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by Liability(m): 2:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
yes
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by sod09(m): 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
Amefrica:

Yea! Someone gave my mum this advice. But I'm standing against it. Don't wanna support disfiguring the innocent boy's face.
lol
its not much.....its not visible on me on less u look closer
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by abdlquadri: 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
While I will not say don't see a doctor. Please go to the nearest 'Elewe Omo'. They will tell you what to do.
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
rutibaby: You al should fast & pray 2 God on his behalf.

God had the final cure 2 convulsion. Nothing is too big 4 our God.

Just do so & he will be healed permanently. I so much believe in prayer.

It changes situation...

We will do that! Thanks..
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by tuffgongjo(m): 2:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
I think if you can find some1 versatile in Herbs$Concortion,they will find you a permanent cure.
Herbs work wonders.
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
milehigh06:

I think you do out grow it but surprised yur brother is still going through it at this age.I have 2 brothers and we all convulsed as kids but at about 4 we had all stopped it..I would say..see a Dr ASAP

I'm astounded too! He never convulsed from age 0-8.
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by Larrylarex(m): 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
sod09: I use to be a victim when I was young,since one baba gave me incision on my face....I don't convulse again
Exactly! Those incisions are the permanent cure, dem no born the pikin well make in talk say hin wan convulse again. Ta lo n j'adaku sere nibi t'aku yan-an yan-an ti n sere egele? Funnily enough, my lil Bro can minister the treatment using incisions, at least he has done it for a handful of people that I know
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
siaco: I feel ur pain bro, though i don't know if there is any permanent cure 4 it, but i will suggest 4 u d healer of all diseases. He is d greatest physician, He heals both co-genital diseases. His name is "JESUS CHRIST" by His stripe we are healed.

Amen!

Thanks gee..
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
osazee12: Pls dont put spoon in his mouth it will not a good thing to do, U might mess up his dentation, there are drugs that help asin, they are prophylaxic but not curative.
Convulsion can only be managed. Ensure he is on the floor and any tight cloth loosen and any object that can cause harm be removed around him when next he has an episode
Most importantly let him see a dr(neurologist). He will be fine

Thanks bro!
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by tuffgongjo(m): 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
Shyna112: Traditionaly yes there are curse for that ailment, and the medicines are simple ones, an OPC MAN, who is also a family frnd has curse 3people i no, u can contact baba saheed 4 the medicines to curse permanently.
do you mean,"Cures"?
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by haykayforreal(m): 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
Yoney007: Of coz there is cure for it though locally and also kids outgrow it naturally
Convulsn in children btw age 1-13yrs leave naturally,if he experience dat at puberty age it z anoda things,he wil outgrow it bro,ensure he didnt run high temp and make sure he didnt experience hotness.
Cool down bro,God wil heal him,make sure u didnt allow him 2 engage in horseplay i.e rough play
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by dridowu: 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
chikkyberry: Convulsion cannot occur if ther is no high fever so always ensure dat d boys temperature is not high.if he is hot expose him bath him with cold water to reduce the temperature. And temperature rise does not com without a cause, mayb malaria or any other underlining cause. , so he has to see a doc run some test and know the reason for the rise in temperatur.
honestly , i don't believe in this theory of "hot"/high fever, the convulsion always affect sm1 i know anytime, body temp either low/high. I just thank God for the person, the last time it occur was 10yrs ago
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
chikkyberry: Convulsion cannot occur if ther is no high fever so always ensure dat d boys temperature is not high.if he is hot expose him bath him with cold water to reduce the temperature. And temperature rise does not com without a cause, mayb malaria or any other underlining cause. , so he has to see a doc run some test and know the reason for the rise in temperatur.

We showered every night before going to bed ..thanks tho, will tell everybody to always watch out.
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by AnanseK(m): 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
1. It is very important that you take your brother to a hospital to be investigated, as there are some causes of convulsion that can be treated.
2. A common cause of convulsion epilepsy with no obvious cause found. Even this can be controlled by treatment with medicines. Patients can actually be free of fits for months and even years on regular medication. I am aware of young people like your brother who no longer required their drugs at an older age and the fits have stopped for good.
3. A convulsion person must be given a similar first aid as unconscious person. Keeping the airway open is very important to ensure that his breathing is not impaired.
4. Putting a spoon or similar item between his teeth is prevent him from biting his tongue. This has to be done with care to avoid injury, if possible wrap the spoon handle firmly with a clean handkerchief or bandage before placing it in the mouth just to separate his upper teeth from the lower teeth - that's all.
5. Please don't try to raise a convulsing patient to the sitting or standing position! The lying position with his head slightly tilted to one side and neck extended to keep airway open is the recommended position.
6. As suggested by a post above , remove all potential injurious objects from his vicinity.
Remember he must be seen by a Doctor before he has another fit. Best wishes and best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by datguru: 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
There is . I think it's a Yoruba medicine.
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by ksbusari(m): 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
Giv him tribal mark. One on his cheek and one on d other.
Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
May God heal her body and soul.

1 Like

Re: Any Permanent Cure To Convulsion? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
sod09: lol
its not much.....its not visible on me on less u look closer

Oh really?! ..then I might have to shift my ground.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is The Sugar In Fruits Good Or Bad For Your Health? / ACEGID: New COVID-19 Strain In UK Was Dectected In Nigeria As Early As August 3 / 10 Of The World's Most Famous Conjoined Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.