Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,152 members, 7,835,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Is It Ever Okay To Date Your Friend's Ex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ever Okay To Date Your Friend's Ex? (881 Views)

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ever Okay To Date Your Friend's Ex? by zboyd: 7:49am On Aug 04, 2014
Are these relationships workable or wrong from the start?

Have you ever dated a friend's ex?

Are there some people that you should never date?
Re: Is It Ever Okay To Date Your Friend's Ex? by popobaba(m): 7:52am On Aug 04, 2014
For me, it's a NO NO...none of my friends should date my ex.
Re: Is It Ever Okay To Date Your Friend's Ex? by onome710(m): 7:55am On Aug 04, 2014
I am in such a dilemma now. My friends ex and I have been friends even while they were dating. We lost contact and recently started talking. We hang out and enjoy each others company. But I am playing careful.
I feel the way we are going, we are gradually building something.
I don't know what to do?
Stop it? Tell my friend? Go ahed?
So confused.
Re: Is It Ever Okay To Date Your Friend's Ex? by onome710(m): 8:00am On Aug 04, 2014
popobaba: For me, it's a NO NO...none of my friends should date my ex.

Why? Is there any law or custom or social belief that states that it is wrong?
If they get to find themselves in it. What will you do?
And you didn't say if its a No No for you to date your friends ex.

What if you meet a guy somewhere, you guys become friends and then you later find out that he dated your gf. Will u break up with her?
Re: Is It Ever Okay To Date Your Friend's Ex? by dytbabe: 8:02am On Aug 04, 2014
Its a free world
Go on and have him to ursef, infact marry him
Muchechechechecheche
Re: Is It Ever Okay To Date Your Friend's Ex? by popobaba(m): 8:14am On Aug 04, 2014
onome710:

Why? Is there any law or custom or social belief that states that it is wrong?
If they get to find themselves in it. What will you do?
And you didn't say if its a No No for you to date your friends ex

What if you meet a guy somewhere, you guys become friends and then you later find out that he dated your gf. Will u break up with her?

I won't date my friend's ex. On ur last question, I don't think the OP is referring to that context, if i didn't know the guy before i started dating her, no qualms.
Re: Is It Ever Okay To Date Your Friend's Ex? by Tallesty1(m): 8:17am On Aug 04, 2014
I can't do that because my friend may believe that I was envious of his relationship and were secretly hoping it would fail so I could have my turn. It ll ruin our friendship and genuine friends are hard to find.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay To Date Your Friend's Ex? by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 04, 2014
Its a No for me. For me to date my friend ex is an abomination fto me.
Re: Is It Ever Okay To Date Your Friend's Ex? by Tymax(m): 8:18am On Aug 04, 2014
If you do it angry then you obviously don't value your friendship.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Okay To Date Your Friend's Ex? by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 04, 2014
I would not blame people who do.

But me? I just can't.
Re: Is It Ever Okay To Date Your Friend's Ex? by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 04, 2014
Yes i have dated my friend's Ex, infact i was the main actor who ruined the relationship because i so much had a crush on the guy, why did i do so? My friend constantly kept talking about how good the guy was in bed, how he goes several rounds with her avin countless ecstasy, i couldnt wait to have some of that too tongue
Re: Is It Ever Okay To Date Your Friend's Ex? by popobaba(m): 9:18am On Aug 04, 2014
sexyseun: Yes i have dated my friend's Ex, infact i was the main actor who ruined the relationship because i so much had a crush on the guy, why did i do so? My friend constantly kept talking about how good the guy was in bed, how he goes several rounds with her avin countless ecstasy, i couldnt wait to have some of that too tongue

LOL...Fictional, idontblivit.
Re: Is It Ever Okay To Date Your Friend's Ex? by IAMBREEZY: 9:25am On Aug 04, 2014
sexyseun: Yes i have dated my friend's Ex, infact i was the main actor who ruined the relationship because i so much had a crush on the guy, why did i do so? My friend constantly kept talking about how good the guy was in bed, how he goes several rounds with her avin countless ecstasy, i couldnt wait to have some of that too tongue
i actually know girls like you.

@topic i can ne'er try that shít.
Re: Is It Ever Okay To Date Your Friend's Ex? by rex41e(m): 12:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
No no no and NO! History and comparisons will ruin your relationship. Then there's that awkward moment or two where you are reminded your friend was in this place with him/her doing this/that with him/her and unnecessary jealousy begins.

Sides do you really want your friend making statements like you're having his/her sloppy seconds?
Re: Is It Ever Okay To Date Your Friend's Ex? by Liability(m): 2:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
i dont think its okay, but...

(1) (Reply)

Court Dissolves 17-year-old Marriage Over Disagreement On Sex / Help! My Fiancee Senior Sister Hates Me For Unknown Reason / Can A Man And A Woman Be Just Friends?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.