|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,136,959 members, 4,639,558 topics. Date: Friday, 14 December 2018 at 11:25 AM
|The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by r231(m): 12:10pm On Jun 06, 2013|
TeHN (The e-Helpers Network) is a charity group of like-minded Nairalanders
TeHN' s goal and mission is basically offering help in cash and kind to the needy in Nigerian Society
We help any Nigerian with a proven case of need that we are capable of helping
TeHN Committee comprises of 9 Well known Nairalanders who have been able to conduct themselves well and with no record of any dubious wrongdoing both online and offline known to any Nairalander.
We function in the following positions:
2. Assistant Coordinator
5. Assistant Secretary
6. Treasure /Accountant Nigeria Account
7. Treasure /Accountant foreign/Paypal Account
8. Researcher/Field Officer 1
9. Researcher/Field worker 2
Coordinator:/ Assistant - R231 & OAM4J
1) Making sure each member of the group assigned with a duty is doing his/her duty according to agreed job description/responsibilities
2) Making sure budget for any given project don't have an over/under spend.
3) Co ordinate all discussions and projects
Researcher/Field Worker:1 & 2 - TGIRL & MYND
1) Sole responsibility of verifying projects before tabling it to the wider group for voting
2) Responsible for further verification of accepted projects and in turn communicating findings of verification to the wider group
3) Responsible for being the point of contact between the group and the subjects we choose to help
Treasurer/Accountant:Nigeria And paypal Account - JARUS & CHAIRCOVER
1) Custodian of all donated funds
2) Responsible for disbursement of funds to respective agreed projects
Public Relations Officer - OAM4J, JAYBEE & BIOLABEE
1) Face of the Group on NL and beyond
2) Responsible for managing expectations and limitation damages if and when they arise
3) Responsible for answering queries in relation to any current project we are currently working
Secretary / Assistant: - BIOLABEE
1) Coordinating/facilitating all group discussions
2) Responsible for making sure all information from researcher/field worker is communicated accordingly to the wider group. The person assigned this job should normally get daily updates from the field worker and then communicate it to the group for discussions and auditing:
3) Handle all official correspondence (Project Initiation email/progress reports/project reports)
TeHN Stakeholder Board
TeHN Stakeholder Board comprises of 20 - 25 Nairalanders who are passionate, and committed to offering helping hands.
Functions of the board:
1) Offer advice/suggestions/constructive criticism to TeHN main committee
2) Contribute and offer opinions to every matters brought forward for discussion by the committee
3) Serve as the final approval body to TeHN initiatives and activities
4) Be a part of initial decision to accept or reject a project after examining the field officers report
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by r231(m): 12:14pm On Jun 06, 2013|
1) Project Official starts:
• Field workers to embark on the task of gathering all necessary background Information needed to enable us make informed decisions
2) Action Plan:
• Group to decide on proposed actions and the researcher to communicate and in turn agree it with the requester
3) External Communication:
• Thread opening on NL to solicit for funds and inform members on latest project
• Agreed action/project plan published with a guesstimate of how much is needed to complete the project
4) Weekly Reports:
• As of when daily communication updates
• Weekly financial updates
• Weekly progress reports
5) Project Closure:
• Project closure report published
• Lessons learnt drafted by the coordinator and shared with the group
For enquires, new cases and donation, please contact: email@example.com
You can follow us on twitter @E-Helpers Network and also on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tehnc
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by r231(m): 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2013|
RECAP ON OUR PAST CASES:
1. Mr and Mrs Obuh some of us would recall a thread started late 2011 on a man called Mr Monday Obuh and his family who were reported by PM news to be living under the bridge at Cele Bus Stop, Lagos, due to their inability to afford personal accommodation. To God be the glory, the Obuhs now live in an apartment Nairalanders contributed to rent for them and are proud owners of a small business today. The rest of the donations raised for Oburs was used to pay for another 2yrs accommodation rent and maintainance of their new baby. Amount raised N646,805.00 Full information is available on this thread - (https://www.nairaland.com/801338/man-raises-family-under-lagos/43). The story was also published by ThisDay newspaper and several online blogs.
2. Late Nlder Perx Early last year, We sought for your contributions on behalf of a Nairalander called Perx who had been battling with a rare medical condition known as CRPS/RSD, affecting her legs and leaving her in severe cramps, pains and unable to walk unassisted. She had a surgery after Nairalanders raised funds for her but unfortunately she died few days after from complications from the surgery. God rest her soul, Amen. Amount raised N366.827.50. Details can be found on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/855820/please-nairalander-perx-she-went/19
3.Little Ayomide: We were called to duty by a Nairalander (Queenafic) who bumped into a little abandoned girl named Ayomide.we again sought your help and contributions in other to help 10 years old Ayomide who was found wandering on the highway of abeokuta road.Ayomide looks like a 3-4yrs old child due to malnourishment. Her mother abandoned her as an infant while the father is struggling for survival somewhere in Lagos. Ayomide was abandoned and currently lives with her old grandmother. The grandmother peels cassava for a living and was unable to feed or take care of her from the N100 she makes from cassava peeling. To God's glory, Ayomide is improving. We have secured an accomodation for Ayomide and the grandmother, mainstream school for Ayomide and granny has been equiped with a shop and grinding machine. Amount raised N345.460.91. Full details here: https://www.nairaland.com/926775/please-ayomide-abandoned-child/10
4.Mr Obong: we got a call from another Nairalander (WAvixen) who informed us about a Nigerian in pains, Mr Obong. Ubong was diagnosed with CANCER OF THE NASAL CAVITY at THE EKO HOSPITALS, Ikeja, Lagos State. This was the culmination of months of illness and running around to different hospitals, which began in September last year when he caught a cold. He thought that it was just the usual attack of common cold but then it lasted for over two weeks. On visiting a doctor by September, he was told he had cancer of the nasal cavity.nairalanders once again rallied round and today, Obong has finished his treatment and recovered. All treatments fully paid by nlders. Amount raised N280.604.69 Full details here: https://www.nairaland.com/1017692/nairalanders-please-ubong-totally-recover/5
5. Nairaland End of the year Charity Flight: In December 2012, through your help and contributions, we are able to reach out, share love and touch lives of the aged, handicapped and juveniles in our country. Our charity flight took off from ALAKARA JUVENILE HOME MUSHIN LAGOS to CHESHIRE HOME BOROKIRI PORT HARCOURT. ERUOBODO HOME IJEBU ODE. Amount raised N201.033.00. Full details here: https://www.nairaland.com/1111726/nairaland-end-year-charity-flight
6. 2nd Annual Nairaland End of the year Charity Flight: In December 2013, through your help and contributions, we are able to reach out, share love and touch lives of the handicapped and juveniles in our country. This year with your help we are able to cover St Anthony’s centre for destitute. Uyo, Nassarawa Children's home Kano, Aisha manna children's home Jos, Modupe Cole Lagos, So said charity home Okota Lagos, Model Orphanage Anambra, and Tender love charity home Anambra. Amount raised N513.805.00. Full details here: https://www.nairaland.com/1522558/tehns-2nd-annual-end-year/12
7. We received a report from one of us (PROJECT TITLED - EZE GOES TO SCHOOL), who is currently experiencing extreme financial hardship which has snowballed into him forfeiting admission a couple of times. We performed our mandatory preliminary due diligence with our dedicated case officers by physically visiting and verifying his family and his current admission status which he stands to lose again if we don’t act as a matter of urgency. Thank God with your help, we are able to raise funds for him and he is now in school. UNFORTUNATELY HIS TREAD WAS WIPED OFF DURING THE NAIRALAND TSUNAMI BUT WE PROMISE TO UPDATE YOU GUYS WITH PROGRESS OF HIS CASE ON A NEW TREAD THAT WILL BE OPENED SOON
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by r231(m): 12:48pm On Jun 06, 2013|
We also want to use this time to thank our old members of the team for their time and effort:-
Thank you guys so much.....God Bless
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by r231(m): 1:22pm On Jun 06, 2013|
It has become necessary to state the rationale for cases we get involved in
TEHN aim to provide succour to individuals who are currently incapacitated either by reason of ill-health and/or poverty, subject to a case by case evaluation
We also consider cases where the need is well defined and bounded so that the individual(s) is capable of getting back on their feet with no further involvement from us.
In other cases where a case cannot be taken directly by us, we can provide partial verification and campaigning as our investment in the case.
Thank you for your understanding
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by devigblegble: 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2013|
why u guys just dotting these tread.God is watching u guyz .....
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by Rapmaestro(m): 3:50pm On Jun 06, 2013|
Nice.. Love this. GOD BLESS YOU ALL as you continue to help the needy... PROUD OF YOU ALL
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by curiouslad(m): 3:54pm On Jun 06, 2013|
emmanuel4758: ole buruku ole buruku i bu onye oshi
Whatever happened to the security personnels at YABA remains a question for the gods
But seriously how did you get out??
May Gid continue to strengthen you guys.
My question is how do you prioritize cases/problems??
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:56pm On Jun 06, 2013|
Love this. Goodwork guys.
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by Rapmaestro(m): 3:56pm On Jun 06, 2013|
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by Rapmaestro(m): 3:57pm On Jun 06, 2013|
emmanuel4758: ole buruku ole buruku i bu onye oshiare u one of those weyreh wey run away from Rehab 4
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by Kingslaw(m): 4:10pm On Jun 06, 2013|
God bless you all for all this help!amen.
But, una know try o,so una no see me way need help pass everybody for NL? Or! Na because ( i no Unclad stay for one flyover de ask for help?) abeg o,our good pleople of Nairaland,i need help hoha. Educationaly and financialy i need help. I don't want to go into detail but please 'i need help'. Even if is to get me job i can be doing to save out money for my Uni.Edu,i will be greatful.am a computer literate with ssce result ,base in ph.work in ph or owerre will be ok for me.thanks in advance.
My number 07061321619
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by valdubem(m): 4:11pm On Jun 06, 2013|
I want to officially join tеhn toԁay. You guyѕ havе bееn ԁoing grеat.
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 06, 2013|
@Op: God bless you guys for dez efforts ur making to lessen the sufferings of the less privileged. More power to ur elbow! 9ce question from curiouslad! Op, pls I need to get involved in dis. I love to!
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by fpeter(f): 4:13pm On Jun 06, 2013|
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 06, 2013|
It has been long we affected lives. Please lets come up with something again.
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by justin98: 4:20pm On Jun 06, 2013|
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by gigaminds(m): 4:26pm On Jun 06, 2013|
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by ifegy: 4:32pm On Jun 06, 2013|
There is a recent thread about an orphan with kidney failure...any chance TeHN could look into that and determine if help can be rendered? Thanks
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by Woke4all(m): 4:49pm On Jun 06, 2013|
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by COOLDK(m): 4:59pm On Jun 06, 2013|
I love this with passion. May God strenghthened the committe and every Nlanders.
The committees pls do mail me up for as little penny I can drop.
God bless us all on NL!
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by dav8id(m): 5:21pm On Jun 06, 2013|
Good one here! May God reward you guys. Pls let us knw whenever any helping issue come up so we too can contribute our kobos..
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 06, 2013|
What's dis for?
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by rodeo0070(m): 5:51pm On Jun 06, 2013|
How can I be part of this group pls?
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by Melancholy(m): 5:57pm On Jun 06, 2013|
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by kingsmecca(m): 6:00pm On Jun 06, 2013|
This is wonderful! I most say thank you for helping Nigerians, but I once dropped an Appealing message here few months ago under Education thread. I was asking my fellow Nairalanders to assist me so that I can pay my School Accomodation rent which is due and I can't afford the money to pay which my Landlord want to evict me and my younger one. Things are really hard for my parents now, please my fellow Nigerians and Nairalanders help me...ALUTA!!! Here is my fone number 08035800805 Kingsley.
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by tefund(m): 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2013|
Any nairalander with used laptop,my own has packed up...i need help...07045047282
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by Temismith: 6:46pm On Jun 06, 2013|
Am joining dis group right away!
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by Gboliwe: 7:56pm On Jun 06, 2013|
yorke: It has been long we affected lives. Please lets come up with something again.yes o
|Re: The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:11pm On Jun 06, 2013|
I am impressed by this initiative, and the progress, that's been made so far. Looking forward to the next call for assistance, hope to contribute as much as I can financially. Keep up the good work.
For those of you that detest giving tithe to the Private jet riding pastors. This is a very good avenue to still touch lives and shake the heavens.
6 Likes 1 Share
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120