Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,843 members, 7,862,763 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:15 AM

....OVERRATED Enugu.... - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ....OVERRATED Enugu.... (23969 Views)

Is The Office Of The Senate President Pollitically Overrated? / Exclusive Interview: You Will Soon See That APC Is Grossly Overrated, Says GEJ / Elections 2015: Why The Social Media Is Highly Overrated - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by prophetone(m): 11:56am On Aug 05, 2014
lyntiffany: then you really don't know the state you went to and meanwhile am presently in Uyo pls which road is swept? are you talking about your streets that are not tarred which are filled with debris and mud water pls bros don't come up with trash cos I can count many I reside here in Uyo. Rubbish.

The last thing you can compare with the north is tarred streets. Don't even go there.

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by forgiveness: 11:59am On Aug 05, 2014
We need to redevelop our cities and build new ones. If lagos is just like one of South Korean third or fourth cities then you know what others will be to there towns.

In 1979-1989, Nigeria was far developed than South Korea but behold they have surpassed us without even having a single drop of oil or resource. They developed through technology only. Whereas, we have the mixture of both in our beloved country.

Uunfortunately, tribalism, nepotism and corruption has blinded our eyes to see this.

2 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Balkan(m): 12:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
I dont know why you adults
are busy responding to a juvenile born

4 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Keky(m): 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
Unemadu: op u be real small pickin. Enugu is dusty for real but to base ur conclusion on roads alone is just plain stupid. Everyone knows Uyo has the best roads and i thank God oga spyder shows the good and bad of Enugu. Do u know most people that that grew up in Enugu and go to lagos think lagos is dust bin and wonder how people live there even though there are areas in lagos that Enugu can't even match.

Uyo is an an emerging city and will probably surpass Enugu but for now uyo just has roads.

U kidding right? Loooool. Most? Frm Erosion areas calling Lagos a dust bin, u wanna make ur travellers feel good or wat? Loool.

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by maestroferddi: 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
HopeAtHand:

What is skewed about it..Please clearly state your views.
Parochial because your sole index of urban expansion/development is the presence of oil companies. On the other hand, Enugu is built for tourism. It has a booming real estate sub-sector unlike PH that is experiencing one of the most serious real estate crises in among African cities.

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
OP

Where are the piksures nah

We are tired of waiting jawey, na u dey cause konfusan.

Patiently following, e be like say this thread go make sense well well oooooooo.

Make I park my guragura for here ooooooo.

Laugh Wan Kill Me Die.

God Bless Oluwaseun Osewa for creating this wonderful forum, it's never a dull moment with nl.

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by prophetone(m): 12:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
collynzov5:
What vegetable are you talking about and what meat? Is it the same meat you cattle rearers cannot stay and produce in north?
Why not keep the cows there let us see how cows can produce meat from eating desert soils? What has Lagos not being landlocked got to do with the land mass?
The most developed state in the North is Kano and it also happens to be the smallest in terms of land mass, what is your excuse for that one?

Let me enlighten you...not all cows are fed by nomadic grazing. The nomadic grazing is a way of life of the nomadic fulani and not a necessity for animal husbandry. What is the source of your vegetables like tomatoes, onions, lettuce etc.? The coal mines?

The development and economic prosperity of Kano State started way before Jigawa, Gombe and Bauchi states were created from it, and indeed, before the birth of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 05, 2014
Keky: U kidding right? Loooool. Most? Frm Erosion areas calling Lagos a dust bin, u wanna make ur travellers feel good or wat? Loool.

Enugu vs Lagos

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Wahala dey ooooooooooo

Make I lock my guragura very well, na here I go park.

This thread is a comic relief.

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Keky(m): 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2014
Igbos are called the TRAVELLERS.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by maestroferddi: 12:15pm On Aug 05, 2014
berem: how can the topography of Orlu be plain? Have you been to Ihioma,Ogberuru down to Obibi Ochasi? What kind of topgraphy do they have? You need to take a complete tour of Orlu zone to study the topography and the texture of the soil.
You mean Orlu zone is then hilly? Are we talking of isolated hilly terrains where you have rivers and streams or what? Is the level nature of the topography that is causing the severe run-off/erosion we are having in Orlu?
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by phantom(m): 12:15pm On Aug 05, 2014
maestroferddi: Parochial because your sole index of urban expansion/development is the presence of oil companies. On the other hand, Enugu is built for tourism. It has a booming real estate sub-sector unlike PH that is experiencing one of the most serious real estate crisis in among African cities.
this has got to be a joke....grin grin
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
where is the picture Nah
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Keky(m): 12:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
Where is Ngozi?
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by anago90: 12:20pm On Aug 05, 2014
Keky: Where is Ngozi?

that taiye taiwo thread no be shere shere.

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by maestroferddi: 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
phantom: this has got to be a joke....grin grin
A joke about what? In what ways do Enugu and Port Harcourt compare as tourist destinations? Are you doing one track thinking or what...?

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Keky(m): 12:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
anago90:

that taiye taiwo thread no be shere shere.
oh boy, na mad cleansing for that thread ooooo.

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by eaglechild: 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2014
maestroferddi: Parochial because your sole index of urban expansion/development is the presence of oil companies. On the other hand, Enugu is built for tourism. It has a booming real estate sub-sector unlike PH that is experiencing one of the most serious real estate crises in among African cities.
Thank you so much.

He has a very very narrow minded view of what economic opportunities are.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by abagoro(m): 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2014
forgiveness: We need to redevelop our cities and build new ones. If lagos is just like one of South Korean third or fourth cities then you know what others will be to there towns.

In 1979-1989, Nigeria was far developed than South Korea but behold they have surpassed us without even having a single drop of oil or resource. They developed through technology only. Whereas, we have the mixture of both in our beloved country.

Uunfortunately, tribalism, nepotism and corruption has blinded our eyes to see this.

Nigeria is better than South Korea because we are nobody's colony. They are more or less a colony of the West used in check-mating their brothers in North-Korea. More like Hong-Kong before it was given back to China. Same can be said of apartheid South Africa or Namibia.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by anago90: 12:31pm On Aug 05, 2014
Keky: oh boy, na mad cleansing for that thread ooooo.

na nuclear accident happen for there ooo. Chernobyl styled mehn. that hag will think twice before blasting the yourba nation again on this forum.

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
maestroferddi: You mean Orlu zone is then hilly? Are we talking of isolated hilly terrains where you have rivers and streams or what? Is the level nature of the topography that is causing the severe run-off/erosion we are having in Orlu?
please don't make me go back looking for my geography text books I dumped 10-15yrs ago. Even though I studied geography in the university doesn't mean I love the course. I hope you understand. grin grin

You can check google to help you out about the topography of Orlu.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by abagoro(m): 12:36pm On Aug 05, 2014
phantom: this has got to be a joke....grin grin

Since Amaechi and Rochas left PDP, they've been trying to use propaganda to write off the level of development in both States. Enugu is a village when compared with Port-Harcourt. An aerial view of Enugu will tell you that it is not even as populated as the villages around Orlu and Nnewi in Imo and Anambra States. Its a kind of semi-inhabited area or sprawl and not completely urbanized like Port-Harcourt.

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by phantom(m): 12:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
abagworo....its the real estate part of his post that got me laughing.
which real estate boom is he talking about?
Enugu is a civil service town with lots of hotels catering to people who make their money outside and come into Enugu to rest.
apart from Nike lake resort,where else is tourism based in Enugu?
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by maestroferddi: 12:46pm On Aug 05, 2014
berem: please don't make me go back looking for my geography text books I dumped 10-15yrs ago. Even though I studied geography in the university doesn't mean I love the course. I hope you understand. grin grin

You can check google to help you out about the topography of Orlu.
I don't need to consult any google as I have travelled extensively all over Orlu zone from Ohaji/Egbema-Oguta through Oru to Orlu and then down to Nkwerre/Njaba axis. The relief/topography is that of a table land/plain. You do need to give us an alternative topography for the entire zone if you think otherwise. Maybe you will appreciate what a hilly terrain looks like when you go up north from Kogi and parts of Enugu state...
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by maestroferddi: 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
abagoro:

Since Amaechi and Rochas left PDP, they've been trying to use propaganda to write off the level of development in both States. Enugu is a village when compared with Port-Harcourt. An aerial view of Enugu will tell you that it is not even as populated as the villages around Orlu and Nnewi in Imo and Anambra States. Its a kind of semi-inhabited area or sprawl and not completely urbanized like Port-Harcourt.
*Deleted Repetition*
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by maestroferddi: 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
abagoro:

How pathetic that you could not keep cheap politics away from this discourse...

2 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
maestroferddi: I don't need to consult any google as I have travelled extensively all over Orlu zone from Ohaji/Egbema-Oguta through Oru to Orlu and then down to Nkwerre/Njaba axis. The relief/topography is that of a table land/plain. You do need to give us an alternative topography for the entire zone if you think otherwise. Maybe you will appreciate what a hilly terrain looks like when you go up north from Kogi and parts of Enugu state...
Orlu is not a hilly terrain. Its more of a slopy terrain than hilly.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 05, 2014
forgiveness: Passed through Enugu last year August on our way to attend IYF World Camp in Abuja at night and the city looked very beautiful at night with many street lights but it wasn't what i thought in the broad day light.

Maybe ops had too much expectation from Enugu but wasn't up to it. So, pls don't blame the lad for having a better and greater expectation for his home state.

Maybe his generations will not settle for the mediocres we gloriously celebrates as cities in this 21st centeries.

We need to encourage his kinds that has better prospective veiws about their nation. Weldon bros
Thanks! Atlast someone got my point.

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Balkan(m): 1:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
berem: Orlu is not a hilly terrain. Its more of a slopy terrain than hilly.
you sound so dull and uneducated. you don't know that slopes are hills in the opposite direction. and you studied geography. This yoruba girl stop claiming Igbo that you will never be

4 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
lyntiffany: where have you been in Enugu this kindergarten of a boy? ohhhh you are overwhelmed by common plaza littered with people pls take your self out when you visit Enugu Go to Oak land go to Museum kai why am I killing words with you common plaza that is a park where people stay to locate their love ones when they first enter town they trip guy you don dey taste ekaette nyash and nah Wetin dey worry you.
abeg, i neva taste any ekaette nyash o! Hmmmmm.......people don dey think say i no like my capital city buh no!
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by IGBOSON1: 1:08pm On Aug 05, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: Thanks! Atlast someone got my point.

^^^Didn't you say you'll be posting pics today of Enugu to prove your point that it's overhyped?

2 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 05, 2014
Balkan: you sound so dull and uneducated. you don't know that slopes are hills in the opposite direction. and you studied geography. This yoruba girl stop claiming Igbo that you will never be
shut the hell up! how can slopes be hills in the opposite direction?
olodo!
this thread is about Enugu state and not Orlu. if you wanna discuss about the topography of Orlu, kindly open another thread.

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
anago90:

na nuclear accident happen for there ooo. Chernobyl styled mehn. that hag will think twice before blasting the yourba nation again on this forum.

Not only Ngosee

There's another murdarfurkar who calls herself Babymama1. She started derailing the thread by bashing the little children, calling them names.

Who bashes little children if not a murdarfurkar.

A lot of people need to have their brains examined.

It's not all about where you are, but what you are. The 1diot claims to be living in USA yet she's damn primitive. Why would anyone call innocent little children unprintable names? And she calls herself a mother.

A lot of wereys on this forum.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

2019: Mass Defection Looms In APC Following PMB's Second Term Declaration. / Osoba Donated 5,000 Pounds To Maryam Abacha - Olawale Oshun / President Buhari Participates At The Eid-Al-fitr Prayers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.