Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,561 members, 7,840,331 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

....OVERRATED Enugu.... - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ....OVERRATED Enugu.... (23860 Views)

Is The Office Of The Senate President Pollitically Overrated? / Exclusive Interview: You Will Soon See That APC Is Grossly Overrated, Says GEJ / Elections 2015: Why The Social Media Is Highly Overrated - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Unemadu: 11:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
HopeAtHand:

Uyo is purely a civil service town.

Eket is the Oil hub of AKS, get your facts right.

Real estate paradise? Houses built to be occupied by who?.. Those People are just building ghost estates.

There is no need to tie your investments down building estates in Enugu when there are no large middle and Upper middle class to sustain it.Believe me, Enugu is dry..What are the companies in Enugu, What is the IGR of the state, Do Enugu people have enuff spending power?..Plsss dnt expect me in your deadend.

people with money know where to invest as is seen in Enugu real estate.

portharcourt is a rag-tag place only to be milked and run to nice places like u know naaa....

2 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by ChrisOD: 11:33pm On Aug 04, 2014
abagoro:

Remove Owerri, Aba and Umuahia from that list. They don't have red earth.

Correct. Red earth aka laterite is a northen (Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi) igbo feature
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by abagoro(m): 11:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
Unemadu:

portharcourt is a rag-tag place only to be milked and run to nice places like u know naaa....

Port-Harcourt is way more advanced than Enugu or any other city in Nigeria aside Lagos and Abuja. No propaganda can change that fact.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by abagoro(m): 11:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
ChrisOD:

Correct. Red earth aka laterite is a northen (Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi) igbo feature

The Northern part of Imo State is exactly same laterite as Anambra and Enugu. This includes Orlu and Okigwe area.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by kel4soft: 11:50pm On Aug 04, 2014
Unemadu:

PORT HARCOURT is rag tag? You need revisit SCOAN.

If Enugu housing estate is developing in arithmetic, PH is in geometric. Is only in PH in any part of Nigeria bar Abuja and Lagos bushes can be turn to houses and estates in a twinkle of an eyes.

Do you know the cost of a plot of land at Omagwa? not to talk of PH.

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by HopeAtHand: 11:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
Unemadu:

Nice places! you must be a Joke.

PH has areas that match toe for toe with your most prime locations in Enugu, if not more.

Port Harcourt being what it is, definitely has more of everything when compared to Enugu.And by that i meant the good, the bad and the in-betweens.

Im tired of running in circles with you, so u either take it or leave it.Gudnyt.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
berem: the last time I was in Enugu was in 2005 enroute to Benue State. I certainly do not know how the state looks like now except pictures I see on Nairaland.

Odikwa vely selious!
am surprised you don't know enugu. Enugu like most old cities (eg. ph) was planned by the Whites and am happy that the present governor is serous about maintaining that master plan. If you know how cool abuja is, then you will understand why people sometimes compare the two cities. Highway from any state diverts travellers away from the city. You hardly see trucks within the city. However, with current rate of development the city will completely engolf those highways, in few years. Enugu-onitsha highway is already engolfed. If enugu gets as much allocation as akwa ibom am sure the present adminitration would have put those highways in good shape. If your memory of enugu was at 2005 then you will be amased at the evolution the city has undergone.

Kids who know nothing about city planning, development and haven't travelled wide will not understand what makes cities thick. I visited Otupko in benue state and fell in love with the town. Not because they have high rising houses or have tarred roads, but I saw the organisation of the town with interconnected street roads that when tarred in future it will create a breathtaking abode.

Nothing tells the story about enugu more the thread created by spyder. There, we show and discuss virtually everything about enugu. The good and bad side, with pictures to back it up. Op puts forward his myopic opinion without pictures and people already believed him, when there's a thread about enugu which has been running for years. Thanks to spyder and others for making it the best thread about a state.

Op can claim to be from any where but the truth remains that his intention of opening the thread is to cause divide between akwa ibom and enugu, and other south south states. It's been a recent development on nairaland. If he doesn't have ulterior motive how can he say most street lights arent working, when 'am tempted to say enugu is better at night.

No matter how backward a state is, an indigene of that state cannot write this ( quoted below), it clearly shows he is lying. To make matter worse, op is comparing an old city like enugu to uyo. I have been to both cities, likewise most posters here, and they all agree to the fact that enugu is better planned with more sophisticated houses but uyo beats enugu in terms of quality of road but not in terms of its interconnection. I was telling a friend that if enugu, as we know it today, has the kind of white soil Ph has it would have no rival in nigeria in terms of cleanliness.

When it concerns my state, I will take time to counter any misleading information because we don't know who will read it...could be a potential tourist or investor.

I think passion007 gave you the best response grin and spyder has offered to take you round, kid,you can cure your ignorance and grow up or live with it, the choice is yours.

Kasynpaulsyn1997: do you know what city planning means? Uyo is well planned! Enugu is frickingly shit! Have u heard of ibom plaza? Oh my...........everything about uyo is cool! And when it comes to housing uyo can boast of many housing estates........

11 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by passion007: 12:02am On Aug 05, 2014
^
Sadly, the boy has rejected my advice.
He doesn't realise I have his interests at heart.
Instead he's dancing naked, Ndiofe ana-akwanye ya oku n'ike (bumbum).

4 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by ChrisOD: 12:06am On Aug 05, 2014
The op is defi not an Igbo, let alone hailing from Enugu. Most certainly an Igbo wannabe.

Can anyone from Enugu write to him in the local dialect and let's get his response?

2 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by GPA5: 12:14am On Aug 05, 2014
HopeAtHand:

If there are any Ikwerres in Ibadan, then they must be Youth Corpers whose plea for reposting back to Port Harcourt were regretably rejected by NYSC officials, aside that, there is absolutely no rationale as to why a person would choose a DANFO over a BUGATTI.

SEE HOW A SON OF MAN IS REASONING. MAKE A TRIP TO THE PLACE AND SEE HOW IKWERRE AND IBO PEOPLE ARE HUSTLING ABOUT.

NO NEED TO GUESS
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by SpaceGoat: 12:14am On Aug 05, 2014
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 05, 2014
HopeAtHand:

Please do you sincerely believe Nigeria has beautiful cities( excl. Abj).Nigeria only has urban areas lacking in aesthetics and social infrastuctures that make up an ideal city.

As i said earlier, i do not regard cities in Nigeria except when talking in Economic terms..For goodness sake what will bring me to an economic deadend like Enugu?. It is insincere on your part to weigh Enugu and PH on the same economic scale .
clearly, they aren't on the same economic scale.

HopeAtHand:

Real estate paradise? Houses built to be occupied by who?.. Those People are just building ghost estates.

There is no need to tie your investments down building estates in Enugu when there are no large middle and Upper middle class to sustain it. Believe me, Enugu is dry..What are the companies in Enugu, What is the IGR of the state, Do Enugu people have enuff spending power?..Plsss dnt expect me in your deadend.

you got it wrong at bolded. I have taken time to observe estates in enugu. Enugu don't build ghost estates like abuja. enugu is sometimes ridiculed as a city for spending, not because people don't make it big in enugu, the coal city, but because the government has focused on tourism and other aspects of economy since the fall of coal.

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by cheruv: 12:24am On Aug 05, 2014
dozzzybaba: You are an 1diot.

The OP made complaint about Enugu his home state and compared it with Uyo, Akwa Ibom.

Why then must you bring Ibadan into your madness ?
what are you doing here?

4 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Nobody: 1:27am On Aug 05, 2014
Sounds like the OP went to Enugu with the mindset to see a mega city like Lagos and Abuja. Understand that Enugu and Calabar; both planned cities and former Eastern Region capitals have potential to look much better than Abuja and Lagos IF THEY RECEIVED FEDERAL FUNDS THAT ABUJA AND LAGOS RECEIVED...KEEP THAT IN MIND; a lot of people don't put that into account. Not sure about the streets not clean, Enugu is rated top two in cleanliness of all cities in Nigeria. It's a ritual for the people there to see it clean...my wife is from there.

As Calabar man who has traveled widely in Nigeria, Enugu city is the only city I can rate next to Abuja in excellent road network/grid, and behind Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt with respect to newer, modern, expensive estates...100m naira plus.

Summary
1. Enugu... Best planned and developing massively... newer, modern, expensive real estates that you will only see in Abuja, Lagos and Port harcourt. Reason for this has to do with the Igbos have taste and have more individual income on average than any ethnic group in Nigeria. The level of individual owned projects, real estates and investments are shocking...they don't wait on government; that's one advantage they have over other cities. Enugu is a state to watch out for trust me.

2. Calabar...Very well planned although slacking in new development since Gov. Duke left; steady development. We need to kick Gov. Imoke out of office...I don't know what he is doing there. Lack of individual and modern real estate development...lack of individual income and investments!

3. Uyo...also developing massively. Lack of individual and modern real estate development... Lack of individual income and investments! Government money is its hope!

See facts about Enugu. Focus on city planning, level of development and infrastructure; particularly on road grid/network... not much difference with Abuja.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUP9U2Gj3-Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2krrOJ3Yfw

Concept of Modern City Planning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-3eXYNv35U

Information source;
https://www.nairaland.com/979128/enugu-pride-east/105

14 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:30am On Aug 05, 2014
Enugu is no doubt the most beautiful city in southeast but it has it down sides,too. But which city doesnt? And its only ignorance that will make anybody compare Enugu to Akwaibom. Akwaibom with all those billions upon billions ?
Op,if i were you i will be more worried about my studies.
Good luck.

7 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:34am On Aug 05, 2014
GPA5:

SEE HOW A SON OF MAN IS REASONING. MAKE A TRIP TO THE PLACE AND SEE HOW IKWERRE AND IBO PEOPLE ARE HUSTLING ABOUT.

NO NEED TO GUESS

Must you lie about everything?
Igbos? Yes.
Ikwerres? A big fat No.
What will take an Ikwerre man to Ibada.
I lived in Lagos for close to fifteen yrs but never came across anybody from Rivers state.

7 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by BekeeBuAgbara: 5:57am On Aug 05, 2014
donmix: concentrate on ur post utme child, don't come back here and cry fowl wen u fail ur exam, dad and mum didn't send u dere to inspect how clean/dirty enugu is...... Enof said son
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by OneNaira6: 6:18am On Aug 05, 2014
7 pages straight yet not one picture from the OP despite making a lot of comments.

Sounds like the OP is pained and trying to get back at Igbo for all the taunting of Ibadan, Oshogbo, etc. The only difference, the others used to pics to butter their point. OP used words.

Oh well. Let me check out this videos on this thread sef
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 05, 2014
ChrisOD: The op is defi not an Igbo, let alone hailing from Enugu. Most certainly an Igbo wannabe.

Can anyone from Enugu write to him in the local dialect and let's get his response?
adugu m echi otome,ihe m nkalu bu ejiofu...........(what i wrote is not false,its the truth) thats eha-amufu dialect in isi-uzo L.G.A

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 05, 2014
OneNaira6: 7 pages straight yet not one picture from the OP despite making a lot of comments.

Sounds like the OP is pained and trying to get back at Igbo for all the taunting of Ibadan, Oshogbo, etc. The only difference, the others used to pics to butter their point. OP used words.

Oh well. Let me check out this videos on this thread sef
bros, a little more patience day go break.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 05, 2014
Op my advice to you is that u should go and study for ur exam, someone staying at mushin can post pictures online and claim that lagos is not beautiful, likewise some who resides in Zuba or Kwali can upload pictures and say that abuja is a *hithole. Just concentrate on ur studies for now
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by chinolization: 7:17am On Aug 05, 2014
Abagworo if you ever type Anambra on this thread again you will be surprised as to how this thread will be metamorphosed into that dirty disorganized Owerre..

Just try me..

3 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by GPA5: 7:19am On Aug 05, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Must you lie about everything?
Igbos? Yes.
Ikwerres? A big fat No.
What will take an Ikwerre man to Ibada.
I lived in Lagos for close to fifteen yrs but never came across anybody from Rivers state.

YOUR FIFTEEN YEAR OF LIVING IN LAGOS, DID YOU MEET EVERYBODY LIVING IN LAGOS ONE-ON-ONE?

IBO ARE WANDERING ABOUT ON THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH,THIS IS CERTAIN. IKWERRE ARE NOT LEFT OUT ALSO

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by chinolization: 7:20am On Aug 05, 2014
Who is talking about PH here? PH is a mess of a city. Infact over 85% of Ph is slum built up with face-me..I face-you type of houses without toilet facilities. It is a city I visit at least once a month. In fact lemme get some pictures to prove my point!

I don't know how to speak long grammar..

Unemadu:

4 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by GPA5: 7:22am On Aug 05, 2014
chinolization: Abagworo if you ever type Anambra on this thread again you will be surprised as to how this thread will be metamorphosed into that dirty disorganized Owerre..

Just try me..

STOP MAKING EMPTY THREAT . IF YOU CHANGED THE THREAD TO DIRTY DISORGANISED OWERRI, WILL IT AFFECT ANYBODY LIFE

#PHOTOGRAPHER, IS IT TRUE THAT ENUGU IS OVERRATED

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by chinolization: 7:30am On Aug 05, 2014
Have you seen me before make a threat without a corresponding action? I have issued the warning..let him try me and see how this thread will turn 360 degrees. Its a promise..

As per this thread except you are drunk this morning..show me any place as this in the whole of mud and rust region..

GPA5:

STOP MAKING EMPTY THREAT . IF YOU CHANGED THE THREAD TO DIRTY DISORGANISED OWERRI, WILL IT AFFECT ANYBODY LIFE

#PHOTOGRAPHER, IS IT TRUE THAT ENUGU IS OVERRATED

4 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by laffytaffy1: 7:49am On Aug 05, 2014
All these 7 pages of noise and not a single pic from the OP to back up his claim. it's either the OP is a fat hairy lier or his smoking some expired weed he got from Ogbomosoland.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by spyder880(m): 8:55am On Aug 05, 2014
HopeAtHand:

There is no need to tie your investments down building estates in Enugu when there are no large middle and Upper middle class to sustain it.Believe me, Enugu is dry..What are the companies in Enugu, What is the IGR of the state, Do Enugu people have enuff spending power?..Plsss dnt expect me in your deadend.

Investors at Enugu state polo park mall are not complaining.

4 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by spyder880(m): 9:22am On Aug 05, 2014
berem: the last time I was in Enugu was in 2005 enroute to Benue State. I certainly do not know how the state looks like now except pictures I see on Nairaland.

Odikwa vely selious!

I am sure about something, if you're passing through Enugu heading to any state, you will never get into Enugu city as all the inter state express roads are outside Enugu town.

Some people passed Ninth mile corner(pictured below) and made the mistake of thinking that they have passed Enugu. Ninth mile is in Udi local government and not Enugu city.

7 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by WIZGUY69(m): 9:27am On Aug 05, 2014
grin
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by spyder880(m): 9:32am On Aug 05, 2014
berem: True! Even my hometown of Orlu is not left out of the red earth wahala.

This is a house I built for a Nairalander in Akabo, near Owerri, what is the colour of the soil again?

5 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by prophetone(m): 9:37am On Aug 05, 2014
These peeps are really land-starved oh...airport gate to the tarmac is like 10 metres shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

2023: Cracks In Jonathan's Camp / South-West Governors Propose Supreme Courts For Geopolitical Zones / Governor Buni Escapes Thug Attack At APC Rally In Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.