Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,589 members, 7,840,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

....OVERRATED Enugu.... - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ....OVERRATED Enugu.... (23861 Views)

Is The Office Of The Senate President Pollitically Overrated? / Exclusive Interview: You Will Soon See That APC Is Grossly Overrated, Says GEJ / Elections 2015: Why The Social Media Is Highly Overrated - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by maestroferddi: 9:38am On Aug 05, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: People hype a lot about Enugu being beautiful.
And a short visit will clear any doubt...

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by maestroferddi: 9:49am On Aug 05, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: do you know what city planning means? Uyo is well planned! Enugu is frickingly shit! Have u heard of ibom plaza? Oh my...........everything about uyo is cool! And when it comes to housing uyo can boast of many housing estates........
...Childish naivety in display...

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by warripekin(m): 9:52am On Aug 05, 2014
I have been in Enugu on several occasions and I must say the truth. Enugu should rank among top 4 developed cities in Nigeria. The city is well planned and clean. Calaba should be the only cleaner city but in terms of development Enugu beats calaba hands down. Akwa ibom is still at its early stage of development and it definitely got a huge potential but you can't compare it with Enugu at least not now

11 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Unemadu: 10:03am On Aug 05, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Must you lie about everything?
Igbos? Yes.
Ikwerres? A big fat No.
What will take an Ikwerre man to Ibada.
I lived in Lagos for close to fifteen yrs but never came across anybody from Rivers state.

Yes i learnt Ikwerres rarely travel out.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by abagoro(m): 10:03am On Aug 05, 2014
spyder880:

This is a house I built for a Nairalander in Akabo, near Owerri, what is the colour of the soil again?

This sand was bought from burrow pits to achieve land levelling and Akabo is not Owerri. They neither speak same dialect, nor share same cultural festivals nor even share same LGA. Akabo is a populated village.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by collynzov5: 10:06am On Aug 05, 2014
prophetone: These peeps are really land-starved oh...airport gate to the tarmac is like 10 metres shocked
Does that stop the airport from fuctioning properly?
What have you done with your desert land up north since you claim to be a northerner?
Lagos is smaller than even the smallest South East state but it is still the most developed state in Nigeria and the location of most industries.
Use your brain more if you have one....

10 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 05, 2014
spyder880:

I am sure about something, if you're passing through Enugu heading to any state, you will never get into Enugu city as all the inter state express roads are outside Enugu town.

Some people passed Ninth mile corner(pictured below) and made the mistake of thinking that they have passed Enugu. Ninth mile is in Udi local government and not Enugu city.
the only places I have passed through enugu are akwunanaw and holy ghost park(not sure of the name of the park) where buses board to Owerri. That I passed severally during my nysc.
Frankly speaking,I don't know much about enugu city.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by spyder880(m): 10:11am On Aug 05, 2014
abagoro:

This sand was bought from burrow pits to achieve land levelling and Akabo is not Owerri. They neither speak same dialect, nor share same cultural festivals nor even share same LGA. Akabo is a populated village.

OK, this is a foundation I did at world bank Owerri, soil colour?

2 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by spyder880(m): 10:17am On Aug 05, 2014
prophetone: These peeps are really land-starved oh...airport gate to the tarmac is like 10 metres shocked

You are very wrong there. Our airport is sitting on acres of space.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by eaglechild: 10:18am On Aug 05, 2014
spyder880:

Actually, most parts of Owerri have more of sandy soil.

Some parts have red soil but it is not as clayey as that of Enugu.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by abagoro(m): 10:21am On Aug 05, 2014
spyder880:

There's nothing to prove as red soil is not anyone's fault but nature. Owerri has black loamy soil just like Aba, Oguta and Umuahia. That's why houses in Owerri don't turn red. Like I wrote earlier the Northern part of Imo State is red and that's why they repaint their village homes yearly.

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by collynzov5: 10:21am On Aug 05, 2014
spyder880:

I am not aware of anywhere from North to South west to South east where you will dig up the earth without the inner soil being red, even if that foundation was done in PH or Lagos it would have still been red.
The point is that by default (on a normal undisturbed ground) Enugu has red soil, Owerri does not.
I am not using that against Enugu in anyway, just the fact.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by spyder880(m): 10:22am On Aug 05, 2014
eaglechild:

Actually, most parts of Owerri have more of sandy soil.

Some parts have red soil but it is not as clayey as that of Enugu.

You are right, Enugu have more clay/gummy/stony soil while Owerri is sandy.

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by IGBOSON1: 10:22am On Aug 05, 2014
eliment: I be confirm Omo Odua any day anytime cool

I discovered igbos are inyanmiris in my camp days from those aboki soldiers

^^^You actually know the origin of that word......or you don't care? Any reason why you should use a derisive word used by 'aboki soldiers' despite its inhuman origins?

I would expect an enlightened graduate southerner to be more circumspect with certain issues; and as for 'aboki soldiers'?......i've got low expectations of them!

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 05, 2014
spyder880:

the texture of soil in Owerri and Enugu is never the same. Even Orlu and Owerri doesn't have the same soil texture. The red earth stains on buildings and roads can be seen in Orlu but you can't see it in Owerri.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Unemadu: 10:22am On Aug 05, 2014
chinolization: Who is talking about PH here? PH is a mess of a city. Infact over 85% of Ph is slum built up with face-me..I face-you type of houses without toilet facilities. It is a city I visit at least once a month. In fact lemme get some pictures to prove my point!

I don't know how to speak long grammar..

Pls do. U won't understand how ashamed i am of PH as if its my own city. I just wanted a city to rival or best lagos but alas....
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by spyder880(m): 10:23am On Aug 05, 2014
abagoro:

There's nothing to prove as red soil is not anyone's fault but nature. Owerri has black loamy soil just like Aba, Oguta and Umuahia. That's why houses in Owerri don't turn red. Like I wrote earlier the Northern part of Imo State is red and that's why they repaint their village homes yearly.

Sure it's nature.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by collynzov5: 10:28am On Aug 05, 2014
collynzov5:
I am not aware of anywhere from North to South west to South east where you will dig up the earth without the inner soil being red, even if that foundation was done in PH or Lagos it would have still been red.
The point is that by default (on a normal undisturbed ground) Enugu has red soil, Owerri does not.
I am not using that against Enugu in anyway, just the fact.
To buttress my point above Spyder880 below are pictures of the foundation of a house you did in PH, does it mean PH has red soil too?
You don't use dug up earth to prove the soil colour of a place, dug up earth is almost always red in colour.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1513724_20140515_122346_jpeg4dd32b59d551dc8e7222ee62d4ab9eee
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1513883_20140517_072233_jpegd01f81b445b39dd028de8376f83f74d3
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1513953_20140520_123029_jpegfabda97c4f140c037bf48d20afcd5bb1
www.nairaland.com/1791485/making-port-harcourt-castle

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by IGBOSON1: 10:31am On Aug 05, 2014

^^^You're one slimy bastard! What's your state let's compare it with Enugu?

Imagine!.....An over-pampered over-indulged goat like you coming here to take digs at Igboland!

2 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by spyder880(m): 10:32am On Aug 05, 2014
Owerri has good sandy red soil, but the environment is not stained. I enjoy working in Owerri.

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by maestroferddi: 10:32am On Aug 05, 2014
HopeAtHand:

Uyo is purely a civil service town.

Eket is the Oil hub of AKS, get your facts right.

Real estate paradise? Houses built to be occupied by who?.. Those People are just building ghost estates.

There is no need to tie your investments down building estates in Enugu when there are no large middle and Upper middle class to sustain it.Believe me, Enugu is dry..What are the companies in Enugu, What is the IGR of the state, Do Enugu people have enuff spending power?..Plsss dnt expect me in your deadend.

Your analysis is skewed or do I say childishly parochial...

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by spyder880(m): 10:33am On Aug 05, 2014
collynzov5:
To buttress my point above Spyder880 below are pictures of the foundation of a house you did in PH, does it mean PH has red soil too?
You don't use dug up earth to prove the soil colour of a place, dug up earth is almost always red in colour.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1513724_20140515_122346_jpeg4dd32b59d551dc8e7222ee62d4ab9eee
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1513883_20140517_072233_jpegd01f81b445b39dd028de8376f83f74d3
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1513953_20140520_123029_jpegfabda97c4f140c037bf48d20afcd5bb1
www.nairaland.com/1791485/making-port-harcourt-castle

I understand.

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Unemadu: 10:40am On Aug 05, 2014
berem: the texture of soil in Owerri and Enugu is never the same. Even Orlu and Owerri doesn't have the same soil texture. The red earth stains on buildings and roads can be seen in Orlu but you can't see it in Owerri.

Ur right the diff in soil texture was the single biggest thing i noticed going from Enugu to Owerri.

Owerri is nice too.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by phantom(m): 10:46am On Aug 05, 2014
Unemadu:

Pls do. U won't understand how ashamed i am of PH as if its my own city. I just wanted a city to rival or best lagos but alas....
please go and sit down. do not put PH and Enugu on the same pedestal,talk more of PH and uyo.
abagworo has said it and I repeat. abuja and Lagos are ahead of PH. No other city comes close
amaechi is trying hard to bridge a little of the infrastructural gap between lag and PH.
yes PH is one big conglomeration of ikwerre villages BUT that village/slum look is gradually fading.
ikwerre settlements in the heart of PH like orazi/rumuola, rumuigbo,rumuomasi are changing so fast you can't recognise them.
rumuola of 94/95 looks like rumuagholu of today.
rumuola has shops and salons along its full stretch.
the family compounds hidden behind those boutiques are also experiencing gradual make overs.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by phantom(m): 10:49am On Aug 05, 2014
berem: the texture of soil in Owerri and Enugu is never the same. Even Orlu and Owerri doesn't have the same soil texture. The red earth stains on buildings and roads can be seen in Orlu but you can't see it in Owerri.
very true! even my hometown in ehime has natural red soil but I can't find the same in owerri.
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by maestroferddi: 10:51am On Aug 05, 2014
chinolization: Who is talking about PH here? PH is a mess of a city. Infact over 85% of Ph is slum built up with face-me..I face-you type of houses without toilet facilities. It is a city I visit at least once a month. In fact lemme get some pictures to prove my point!

I don't know how to speak long grammar..

Port Harcourt begins and ends with Aba Road, almost nothing impressive elsewhere...
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by lyntiffany(f): 10:51am On Aug 05, 2014
prophetone: Don't mind them. Yet they come here and call other regions backward. Empty chestbeaters.

#GuessWhyImDancing cool
then you really don't know the state you went to and meanwhile am presently in Uyo pls which road is swept? are you talking about your streets that are not tarred which are filled with debris and mud water pls bros don't come up with trash cos I can count many I reside here in Uyo. Rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Unemadu: 10:53am On Aug 05, 2014
phantom:
please go and sit down. do not put PH and Enugu on the same pedestal,talk more of PH and uyo.
abagworo has said it and I repeat. abuja and Lagos are ahead of PH. No other city comes close
amaechi is trying hard to bridge a little of the infrastructural gap between lag and PH.
yes PH is one big conglomeration of ikwerre villages BUT that village/slum look is gradually fading.
ikwerre settlements in the heart of PH like orazi/rumuola, rumuigbo,rumuomasi are changing so fast you can't recognise them.
rumuola of 94/95 looks like rumuagholu of today.
rumuola had shops and salons along its full stretch.
the family compounds hidden behind those boutiques are also experiencing gradual make overs.

i know and everyone knows PH and Enugu aren't mates.

Enugu is poor while PH is very rich but its not obvious when you visit the two cities

Poor Enugu is better planned, more organised with better housing overall.

4 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by forgiveness: 10:55am On Aug 05, 2014
Passed through Enugu last year August on our way to attend IYF World Camp in Abuja at night and the city looked very beautiful at night with many street lights but it wasn't what i thought in the broad day light.

Maybe ops had too much expectation from Enugu but wasn't up to it. So, pls don't blame the lad for having a better and greater expectation for his home state.

Maybe his generations will not settle for the mediocres we gloriously celebrates as cities in this 21st centeries.

We need to encourage his kinds that has better prospective veiws about their nation. Weldon bros

2 Likes

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 05, 2014
I was born and bred in Enugu. Between when I was in primary and secondary school in Enugu and right now, nothing much has changed. During my last visit, I was passing through former Uwani Secondary school, I found out nothing has changed here. I passed through holy ghost and ziks avenue. I felt thesame way you did save for the new bridge near Albertina Nig ltd. Enugu needs to be upgraded beyond building motorable roads..

Enugu is an ancient city. Uyo is a modern city owing to the new construction works being handled by the governor..

For those who would want to compare Enugu with any south west state, it will be an action in futility.

No south west state nears Enugu in development except Lagos and Ogun state..

1 Like

Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by phantom(m): 10:58am On Aug 05, 2014
maestroferddi: Port Harcourt begins and ends with Aba Road, almost nothing impressive elsewhere...
don't say what you don't know.
do we judge a city by only its highways?
what of its different districts/ settlements and how self sufficient they are. that's what makes a city.
I live in rumuokoro. I have not been to PH town in over a year.
I have banks,schools,markets and churches around me.
I know people who have not left oyigbo for a year +
Re: ....OVERRATED Enugu.... by MaziOmenuko: 11:00am On Aug 05, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: bros, a little more patience day go break.

Something tells me you're going to ignore the good road networks to go deep into some market/park areas to snap pix so as to justify your thread.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Eyitayo Jegede Wins Ondo PDP Governorship Primary / President Buhari Arrives Katsina For Sallah Celebration / Photo Of Ahmed Rufai Abubakar, The Newly Appointed DG Of NIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.