Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah (38761 Views)

Gambian President Gifts Nollywood Stars Plots Of Land / Photo: Abeg, Who Mumu Pass Between These Nollywood Stars? / Nigerian Celebrities/ Oaps & Their Fake British/ American Accents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Celepope: 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
What of those with fake American accent,how many years should they be given?

1 Like

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Maya2pretty(f): 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
freda506: Lol. Even OAPs are guilty. Their accents are not traceable to any country in the world. grin cheesy
hahahahahaha Manny and those fake angels angry

1 Like

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
Rita Dominic must be arrested for smiling with broken teeth. Hank Anuku should be arrested for losing his yankee accent
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by kendrick93(m): 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
dats funny cumin frm someone who uses a fake accent

3 Likes

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Cpolicy(m): 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
nah wah o

1 Like

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 06, 2014
great664: Ramsey Nouah “I Don’t Have A University Degree, Nigerian Movie Stars With Fake British Accent Must Be Arrested”

One of the cutest actors in the Nollywood movie industry, Ramsey Oluwatokunbo Nouah has recommended jail term for Nollywood stars with fake British accent.

In a recent chat on Sahara TV, hear what Tokunko said:

“University degree or no degree, the phonetics on Nollywood movies is still very,very atrocious. It should be an arrestable offence (punishable by life imprisonment) for any Nollywood actor/actress that did not school in United Kingdom to have a British accent.

Polluting the atmosphere with fake accent is criminal smiley

Do you agree with him?

Watch the Video Interview Here : http://ask9ja..com/2014/08/arrest-nollywood-stars-with-fake.html
Ramsey na only you waka come? undecided

1 Like

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by devour129: 2:27pm On Aug 06, 2014
I just watched Lagos cougar and it was a phonetic galore ! Monalisa ,Uche ,the okorie n the chewing gum boys where not left out

1 Like

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
Start with those OAPssad

1 Like

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by sexyjessy(f): 2:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
Unibenstudent: What's up

i dey u
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by slap1(m): 2:44pm On Aug 06, 2014
I actually thought Ramsey Nouah was smart...

1 Like

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
Airforce1: Rita Dummynic and toto decay are guilty of dis offence[/b]
Really undecided smh
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
I don't know who they're faking for
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Frydae: 2:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
E.G. ONTV V.J Adams! Compared when he started to now! Got me wondering when he took d leave to go study british accent! Yoruba british accent

4 Likes

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Airforce1(m): 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
Ladystewie:
Really undecided smh

You again? undecided
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
Have we met
Airforce1:

You again? undecided
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Airforce1(m): 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
Ladystewie: Have we met

No! Smh
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by maxilly(m): 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
our radio presenters(especially the females) are guilty of this accent atrocity. that lady that reads news paper headlines for city FM every 7am is a big culprit. she's a Dan Foster wannabe.
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
Exactly. Idk you
Airforce1:

No! Smh

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 06, 2014
great664: Ramsey Nouah “I Don’t Have A University Degree, Nigerian Movie Stars With Fake British Accent Must Be Arrested”

One of the cutest actors in the Nollywood movie industry, Ramsey Oluwatokunbo Nouah has recommended jail term for Nollywood stars with fake British accent.

In a recent chat on Sahara TV, hear what Tokunko said:

“University degree or no degree, the phonetics on Nollywood movies is still very,very atrocious. It should be an arrestable offence (punishable by life imprisonment) for any Nollywood actor/actress that did not school in United Kingdom to have a British accent.

Polluting the atmosphere with fake accent is criminal smiley

Do you agree with him?

Watch the Video Interview Here : http://ask9ja..com/2014/08/arrest-nollywood-stars-with-fake.html

Instead of ramsey to be busy with Ebola, his problem is people's fake accent. cry cry

1 Like

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by IAMBREEZY: 2:58pm On Aug 06, 2014
freda506: Lol. Even OAPs are guilty. Their accents are not traceable to any country in the world. grin cheesy
Bae tongue
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by kernel504(m): 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
Scyllapatron: sometime ago, i was watching a nollywood movie with my colleague(British), it took my own explanation for my colleague to understand what they were saying.
the funny part is that they would be doing shakara with their fake funny phonetics.

Why do we attach so much sentiments to the way people speak English.
A German national don't speak English like a British, even the English man can't speak my own language,while giving them the room to ridicule us?
The most important thing in any language is the ability to express yourself well enough.
His reply is too poor for a man of his age.

6 Likes

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Airforce1(m): 3:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
Ladystewie: Exactly. Idk you

I don't even pray u know me
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by IAMBREEZY: 3:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
I agree with ramsey without demur,this is actually one of the reasons i don't watch Nollycrap!
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2014
K
Airforce1:

I don't even pray u know me
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Airforce1(m): 3:03pm On Aug 06, 2014
Ladystewie: K

You're derailing
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by makeitplain: 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
If anyone speaks a foreign accent (american or british) very well, it shouldn't be a problem at all. If u have a problem with a Nigerian like u who has good spoken English, it must be that u are just jealous of that person.

However, I am not exonerating those Nigerians who speak irritating accent as putative British or American accent. We need to clarify that, I hate those too. But I hate those with bad Nigerian accent who are quick to castigate other Nigerians with better English accent as though they are hating their country just for speaking English the best way they possibly can.

Those who live abroad, most especially North America (US&Canada) know very well that u are at a significant advantage if u are able to speak English minimizing your African accent as mush as possible.

I just want anyone who is committed to speaking an improved accent by learning and understudying the native speakers not to be discouraged by some discouraging comments here cos it can be of good benefit for u somewhere abroad and in future.

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by OmoAlata1(f): 3:09pm On Aug 06, 2014
wizkid is guilty of this with yankee accent
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by MikeBetty(m): 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
Zedric: Thats why i only watch Yoruba and subtitled Hausa films. Ibo (abi na english) movies are a no-no for me, i just hate it when everybody speaks a fake accent
must u tribalise this topic? if u want to comment on this u do, or quit if u dont know what to say. u better die as a hater.

3 Likes

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Konjour(m): 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2014
When did studying in the UK or the US become an excuse for speaking deceptively?

Why do we all have to speak like Britons and Americans?

Why haven't people who studied in Prague, Amsterdam, Paris, Dublin, Edinburgh copied the

accents of the Czechs, Dutch, French, Irish, and Scots?

I've never heard Glaswegians speak like the English, some scots don't even understand any

language other than Gaelic, neither can some spell their names correctly in English.

Never understood the obsession with fake accents. It won't increase your bank balance.

It sure won't increase 'your rep'. It won't save from Ebola either.

My elder brother's mother-in-law has lived in Baltimore for well over 2 decades but I do have to

listen attentively to her sometimes cuz her Yoruba is even more traditional than my mum's.

Be proud of where you come from. If you have to speak English, speak concisely and clearly.

Its pointless to speak in a way that the folks around you won't understand, unless you're a spy.

6 Likes

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Emmysteve(m): 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2014
Where's the video?
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
makeitplain: If anyone speaks a foreign accent (american or british) very well, it shouldn't be a problem at all. If u have a problem with a Nigerian like u who has good spoken English, it must be that u are just jealous of that person.

However, I am not exonerating those Nigerians who speak irritating accent as putative British or American accent. We need to clarify that, I hate those too. But I hate those with bad Nigerian accent who are quick to castigate other Nigerians with better English accent as though they are hating their country just for speaking English the best way they possibly can.

Those who live abroad, most especially North America (US&Canada) know very well that u are at a significant advantage if u are able to speak English minimizing your African accent as mush as possible.

I just want anyone who is committed to speaking an improved accent by learning and understudying the native speakers not to be discouraged by some discouraging comments here cos it can be of good benefit for u somewhere abroad and in future.
Very well said! I don't understand why someone pronouncing English words correctly without an Igbo or Yoruba accent, is deemed to be faking an accent undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Most Fashionable Nigerian Female Radio Personalities [photos] / Uche Jombo Rodriguez And Hubby Are Overly Cute In This Photo / Toyin Aimakhu Kisses A Dog. Fans Slam Her (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.