Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,741 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah (38759 Views)

Gambian President Gifts Nollywood Stars Plots Of Land / Photo: Abeg, Who Mumu Pass Between These Nollywood Stars? / Nigerian Celebrities/ Oaps & Their Fake British/ American Accents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
Follow back
sexyjessy:

i dey u
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by bablononi(m): 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
kennygee: Foolishness.
chill undecided
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Agybabe(f): 3:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
Una never see anything.

The grammer wey one geh knack on Monday for the car park wey I go ehn! I wept in spanish! cheesy

It was so fake and incorrect. People were just feigning attention to her as she was addressing the driver, we were all shaking our heads, hissing and observing the drama. cool

When the bus eventually set on the road. This geh phone rang and while she was still answering the caller, I SNEEZED! grin

Attention was drawn to me because almost every naughty minds in the bus knew what caused me to sneeze. tongue

Of course, most sharp people chorus "sorry" and "bless you" in unison. cheesy

Few seconds later, I caught one guy updating about the "grammer and sneezing drammer" on Facebook.

There ris God o.
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by freda506(f): 3:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
IAMBREEZY: Bae tongue
tongue embarassed
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by IAMBREEZY: 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by IAMBREEZY: 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
freda506: tongue embarassed
Longest time,hope you are doing good

1 Like

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Yello1(m): 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
wat is fake accent?nawa oo,so we no fit speak d way we like again nww!ramsey i just dey look u ooooooo!!
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by londoner: 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
bankydd: In Hollywood most artistes can speak various accents..It's actually an advantage if you can speak various accents in Hollywood.. if you watch Hollywood films well..so why should it be a crime angry

They learn different accents to fill specific roles.

They are not not just 'forming', which is what Nollywood actors and actresses do, for the most part.

5 Likes

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by ArcBishopmarie(m): 4:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
Ramsey u no get talk... Onwee gi itinye isi na otula okuko.. Period

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Louislewis: 4:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
Do we act movie or your so-called film in Nigeria? What we do here is outside drama. They are quite valueless to me.
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
I miss ma niccah-HANKS ANUKU
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by konjakonja(m): 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2014
maingwaest: . Rita actually stayed abroad ,UK to be precise most of her early life and then she went back to the US of A for college so she is good to go but that Tontolet of a girl en,na she dem go first jail.
Rita Dominic of Constitution cresent primary school Aba AkA center mariah? She was born and brought up in Aba . There is God o stop sharing lienus

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by ManTiger(m): 4:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
dem go arrest them finish niyen.
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by kraftykc(m): 5:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
This...this piece of garbage made it to the NL front page? Man...gone are those days when every thread of discussion made sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by dasparrow: 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
Airforce1: Rita Dummynic and toto decay are guilty of dis offence

Airforce! My pizza-face-always-hating-dark-skinned-ladies-nairalander! How have you been? I thought that you were flushed away along with Nairaland's 5 months data when our wonderful forum experienced some downtime back then. But I see you survived unscathed and resilient like the ebola virus. cool

Anyways, back to topic.....

@Post

I agree with Ramsey Nouah on this one. It reeks of inferiority complex when people force an unnatural accent out of their mouths especially when they have never lived outside of Nigeria for an extended period of time.
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Adedayo516(m): 5:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
konjakonja: Rita Dominic of Constitution cresent primary school Aba AkA center mariah? She was born and brought up in Aba . There is God o stop sharing lienus
Aha aha... This guy Sabi Rita reach her family house ni oooo... Bros, I hail ooo.. cheesy
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Donkunxex(m): 5:17pm On Aug 06, 2014
londoner: Lol.....what a hypocrite. He is one of the worst for the fake British and Yankee accents.
stop postinq anyhow..tel me d movie he spoke wit dat accent?
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Mickey7(m): 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
If you must speak with a british accent,do it well don't use American words(eg elevator for lift,trunk for boot etc) and expressions!don't go about mixing things up. angry dumb girls especially!
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Fkforyou(m): 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
No mind dem, na so dem go they form, whenever I listen to brilla fm (sport radio ) I just feel slapping the OAP 's head off especially if the news is about arsenal ...idiots kawai......
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Mickey7(m): 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
And how is it American actors never get the Nigerian accent right.For instance Babatunde in The Originals. grin grin
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Kog45(m): 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
[quote author=maingwaest]. Rita actually stayed abroad ,UK to be precise most of her early life and then she went back to the US of A for college so she is good to go but that Tontolet of a girl en,na she dem go first jail. [/quotepls listen to john fashanu and tell me who is faking british accent between john and Rita]
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Mickey7(m): 5:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
FYI I'd kill for a british accent.I just love it.

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by konjakonja(m): 5:27pm On Aug 06, 2014
Adedayo516: Aha aha... This guy Sabi Rita reach her family house ni oooo... Bros, I hail ooo.. cheesy
I salute u bro,
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by REXREGIS: 5:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
WE ARE FREE SPIRITS.FREE TO EXPRESS OURSELVES IN WHATEVER WAY,MANNER OR INTONATION WE MAY FIND INTERESTING.

YES, IT MAY NOT BE YOUR ACCENT BUT IF YOU FANCY IT FEEL FREE TO AMUSE YOURSELF BY USING IT.
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by HandOfChukwu: 5:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
CFCfan:
Very well said! I don't understand why someone pronouncing English words correctly without an Igbo or Yoruba accent, is deemed to be faking an accent undecided
That's because you're a stup1d 1diot. You must be one of those guys pretending to sound like the queen when you speak their language, are you not aware how stupid you sound when you do that? Are you not ashamed?
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
HandOfChukwu: That's because you're a stup1d 1diot. You must be one of those guys pretending to sound like the queen when you speak their language, are you not aware how stupid you sound when you do that? Are you not ashamed?
Sir, there is absolutely no need to be insulting. Just calm down.
There is a difference between speaking in a foreign accent, and pronouncing words correctly. The likes of Soyinka, Achebe etc speak English with the right tenses and pronounciation without sounding like a typical Brit or American
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by murgarang(m): 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
kai na true be that ooo grin
great664: Ramsey Nouah “I Don’t Have A University Degree, Nigerian Movie Stars With Fake British Accent Must Be Arrested”

One of the cutest actors in the Nollywood movie industry, Ramsey Oluwatokunbo Nouah has recommended jail term for Nollywood stars with fake British accent.

In a recent chat on Sahara TV, hear what Tokunko said:

“University degree or no degree, the phonetics on Nollywood movies is still very,very atrocious. It should be an arrestable offence (punishable by life imprisonment) for any Nollywood actor/actress that did not school in United Kingdom to have a British accent.

Polluting the atmosphere with fake accent is criminal smiley

Do you agree with him?

Watch the Video Interview Here : http://ask9ja..com/2014/08/arrest-nollywood-stars-with-fake.html
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by davidif: 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
Greensaint: If an actor takes the role of a foreigner in a movie, speaking foreign accent is excusable whether correct or fake. What I cannot fathom is a nigerian actor or broadcaster speaking foreign accent in a nigerian settings. Do we really despise our country this much.

Abi o.
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by davidif: 6:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
Konjour: When did studying in the UK or the US become an excuse for speaking deceptively?

Why do we all have to speak like Britons and Americans?

Why haven't people who studied in Prague, Amsterdam, Paris, Dublin, Edinburgh copied the

accents of the Czechs, Dutch, French, Irish, and Scots?

I've never heard Glaswegians speak like the English, some scots don't even understand any

language other than Gaelic, neither can some spell their names correctly in English.

Never understood the obsession with fake accents. It won't increase your bank balance.

It sure won't increase 'your rep'. It won't save from Ebola either.

My elder brother's mother-in-law has lived in Baltimore for well over 2 decades but I do have to

listen attentively to her sometimes cuz her Yoruba is even more traditional than my mum's.

Be proud of where you come from. If you have to speak English, speak concisely and clearly.

Its pointless to speak in a way that the folks around you won't understand, unless you're a spy.

Ori e pe jare. I wish I could give you as many likes as I could.
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by davidif: 6:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
makeitplain: If anyone speaks a foreign accent (american or british) very well, it shouldn't be a problem at all. If u have a problem with a Nigerian like u who has good spoken English, it must be that u are just jealous of that person.

However, I am not exonerating those Nigerians who speak irritating accent as putative British or American accent. We need to clarify that, I hate those too. But I hate those with bad Nigerian accent who are quick to castigate other Nigerians with better English accent as though they are hating their country just for speaking English the best way they possibly can.

Those who live abroad, most especially North America (US&Canada) know very well that u are at a significant advantage if u are able to speak English minimizing your African accent as mush as possible.

I just want anyone who is committed to speaking an improved accent by learning and understudying the native speakers not to be discouraged by some discouraging comments here cos it can be of good benefit for u somewhere abroad and in future.

What

Please, Read the comment by the poster (konjour) above
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by maingwaest(f): 7:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
konjakonja: Rita Dominic of Constitution cresent primary school Aba AkA center mariah? She was born and brought up in Aba . There is God o stop sharing lienus
. LMAO @ sharing lienus. I actually listen to an interview she did years back and those were her words.
Re: Arrest Nollywood Stars With Fake British Accent - Ramsey Nouah by ProfGday(m): 7:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
Scyllapatron: sometime ago, i was watching a nollywood movie with my colleague(British), it took my own explanation for my colleague to understand what they were saying.
the funny part is that they would be doing shakara with their fake phonetics.
That's why you cannot made a simple sentence correctly.
#fakepeople

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Barber Creates Fela's Face On Client's Head (photos) / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Report That Diezani Alison-Madueke Stole $90 Billion / Olajumoke Orisaguna Celebrates Her Birthday With New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.